[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
REBIRTH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Wonder_Woman_Vol_4_33_Textless.jpg (458 KB, 1500x2277) Image search: [Google]
Wonder_Woman_Vol_4_33_Textless.jpg
458 KB, 1500x2277
With Rebirth coming up, did you think any of the runs in the past 2/3 years are recommended reading?

Personally, I loved the fuck out of this Wonder Woman book with Azzarello. Even with his War self insert, I think it told a nice, contained story. There was I think one (?) crossover. I enjoyed most of it. The side characters were developed well, from Hera being the villain to joining the gang. Some decisions were weird for me, but in the end it was still really good.

Anything you would recommend?
>>
>>81530628
>Azz-fag
Kill yourself. I will never understand how you idiots will bitch constantly about Joss Whedon, when Azzarello is so similar. Why is one type of shit better than the other?
>>
Azzarello Wonder Woman
Snyder Batman
Lemire Green Arrow
>>
>>81530690
I liked that it was a self contained story man. I literally said why I liked it in the post. What does Joss Whedon have to do with this?

What books did you enjoy?

>>81530731
I've wanted to read Batman, especially since it's been ONE writer on it for so long, so I imagine the story has purpose and little clash with what a different writer left behind. The only thing that intimidates me is all the fucking bat books. Bleh.I'll definitely check out Green Arrow though.
>>
Dial H
Larfleeze
All of Swamp Thing, save Rotworld
DeMatteis' Phantom Stranger
Paktion Comics
>>
>>81530811
That's what I like about those 3 runs I posted. Very consistent Writer + Art teams. That always makes for a way more enjoyable run IMO
>>
Johns & Parker's Aquaman runs
Johns GL
Sinestro
Phantom Stranger
Dial H
Lemire Green Arrow
Pak/Kuder Action Comics
All Star Western
ManaBooch Flash
The Shade
Larfleeze
Swamp Thing

>>81530811
>The only thing that intimidates me is all the fucking bat books.
You can read Snyder's Batman entirely on its own. The tie ins are all skippable
>>
>>81530874
Yeah, I totally agree. For example, the book after Azz left has been mediocre because he didn't come up with the God of War thing and was just left with it, I don't think he knows what to with it.

>>81530926
That's 2 for Green Arrow, and I guess I'll actually catch up on Batman if it's skippable. Thanks man.
>>
>>81530811
>I liked that it was a self contained story man.
Doesn't matter that it was self-contained. It's was fucking terrible. Oh, but do please go on about how much you just loooooved Hera.

You know what? Fuck Hera. That spineless cunt can eat a dick. Her husband is a cheating whore, and instead of taking it up with him, she decides to go after the people he fucked and make their lives miserable. Bitch has ovaries so small an ant could use them as billiard balls.
>>
>>81531010
Hera was the only one to get character development
>>
>>81531010
>wahhh stop liking flawed characters
>>
>>81530823
>>81530926

I'm still amazed that Dial H turned out so good. China Mieville turns out some of the most "up his own ass" fiction I've ever read.
>>
File: Catwoman 041 (2015).jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Catwoman 041 (2015).jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>81530628
>>
>>81531052
Oh, you're right. I forgot about the scene where she finally confronts Zeus and tells him to shove it. Oh wait, that DIDN'T FUCKING HAPPEN, so all her so-called character development was a completely pointless.

>>81531162
And then there's this fag. Let me guess, you're one of those idiots who likes the Amazons being evil monsters because you've never read another WW book in your life, and think they're a utopia. Fucking casuals.
>>
>>81531289
Definitely picking that up. Also gonna check out Larfleeze.

>>81531316
I read a lot of that actually. Don't remember why I stopped.
>>
>>81531371
>Amazons being evil monsters because you've never read another WW book in your life,
It's a new continuity man. They literally started over from the beginning to tell a new story. I think this was okay.
>>
>>81531522
>I think this was okay.
Well I don't, since it's making them inherently unlikable from the start. You can't really use them in stories anymore and expect the reader to care because now the taint of them being murderers will forever stick in their minds. And people already think the worst of the Amazons, so they needed all the help they could get, but now they have this bullshit holding them back from being portrayed as people instead of hate filled plot devices.
>>
>>81531786
Have you read the new Wonder Woman? They completely dismiss it.

Anyone who reads comics knows new authors come in and just change things around.

Maybe, a few casuals will read it and be confused. but most casuals who come in to comics come from movies/cartoons so they have some knowledge.

Comics is already a niche market, so this doesn't really affect anything long term. In fact, rebirth is happening and Rucka is coming back. He's said he'll be using that minotaur, some girl oc he had made, etc. He doesn't give a fuck what Azzarello did. Literally a rebirth is being done to change things again.

It fit Azzarello's purpose and that's it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.