[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cyberpunk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: dragonfall.jpg (343 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dragonfall.jpg
343 KB, 1280x720
I am pretty starved on cyberpunk. What cartoons are there that focuses on such? I'll take comics too since this genre is pretty niche to begin with.
>>
>>81530396
I basically don't know shit but you could check out batman beyond or transmetropolitan
>>
Cybersix is kinda cyberpunk, though I suppose it falls into the even more niche genre of biopunk since it focuses a lot on genetic and biological experiments. Probably a lot of cyberpunk comics, not super knowledgeable about that though. There's a lot of cyberpunk anime and manga if you're into that too.
>>
>>81531734
Besides Shadowrun, have they ever added magic to that?
>>
Tron: Uprising and Motor City.
>>
>>81531845
No.
>>81530396
Batman Beyond has the late-teenage successor to Batman in a cyberpunk future Gotham ruled by megacorps.
It's very, very cyberpunk and has an awesome soundtrack;
http://youtu.be/sMXjtvMAFlI

Plus he doesn't just fight "futurized" versions of Batman's villains and gets his own rogues gallery.
>>
Futurama is the best cyberpunk.
>>
>>81530396
On animation. The old Aeon Flux is cyberpunk.
For comic, current Image's Tokyo Ghost fit the bill.
>>
>>81531845
Some offshoots of urban fantasy are kinda like cyberpunk with mythical creatures, but I don't know any examples of that in the realm of cartoons and comics. Some Japanese stuff like Ghost in the Shell and Serial Experiments Lain incorporate spiritual elements if that's something you'd be into
>>
>>81530396
>I'll take comics too since this genre is pretty niche to begin with.

Lots of picks here (along with the usual suspects like Transmetropolitan and Appleseed):

http://thegeeksverse.com/2015/06/18/leaving-proof-269-a-cyberpunk-comics-reading-list/
>>
>>81530396

Descender.
>>
>playing the tabletop game
>pretty much everyone is using cyberware, and they're all adam jensening pretty hard
>i'm the only one who's genuinely happy with the robot parts

Man, it's like fucking WoD. Everyone has to be tormented. No one can just have fun being robotcop.
>>
>>81538053
WoD is so much fun when you have a "FUCK YEAH, I'M A MONSTER!" guy in your group. They do tend to ruin the fancy vampire soirees though.
>>
>>81538053
you should make a dwarf who despises being a dwarf. so he got a bunch of robot parts and surgeries to make himself look like a orc. Have his motivation be to out orc orcs. hilarity ensues and social discussions ensue!
>>
DiC's Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century is pretty cyberpunk.

Sherlock gets defrosted in 21xx and gets to solve future mysteries with the help of a spunky girl future cop and roboWatson. Kinda fun

It's not terrible animation for late 90s DiC either
>>
File: OMAC_lives_sothatmanmaylive.jpg (76 KB, 1526x266) Image search: [Google]
OMAC_lives_sothatmanmaylive.jpg
76 KB, 1526x266
>>
>>81538873
Clearly those players never read The Vampire Lestat.
>>
>>81530396
Aeon Flux
Cybersix
Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century
Animatrix
Tokyo Ghost
Hercùle
Cyborg
The Zeta Project
Transmetropolitan
Starve
Prez
>>
For Western animation this stuff is rare. Besides the few things that have already been listed I can only think of Spicy City.
>>
>>81530396
Its an anime but Bubblegum Crisis is pretty good.
>>
>>81530396
Warren Ellis wrote a short series called Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead. The main character's name is Alice Hotwire, which is hilariously cyberpunk.
>>
File: Hotwire.jpg (817 KB, 1280x1987) Image search: [Google]
Hotwire.jpg
817 KB, 1280x1987
>>81543953
Here's a pretty good summary page.
>>
>>81543953
>>81544323
Oh yeah, now I recall this. Was it an actual series or one of his 'pilot' comics?
>>
>>81544371
It ran 4 issues as a self-contained story.
>>
>>81544389
Okay. Starting to come back to me. It's like a more bad ass ghostbusters.
>>
>>81543258

This.

Aside from several Anime (like Akira, Dominion Tank Police, etc.), not too much Western Cyberpunk Comics.
>>
File: 1452637271152.jpg (138 KB, 600x840) Image search: [Google]
1452637271152.jpg
138 KB, 600x840
>tfw no shadowrun anime
>>
If you want current stuff, Tokyo Ghost is pretty standard street-samurai flavor cyberpunk or you could read East of West which really isn't that cyberpunk but has themes of corrupt governments, shadowy behind-the-scenes super organizations along with some cyborgs, megacities and the such, and mixes it up with demons, shamans, mythology in a weird west setting.
>>
>ctrl+f dredd, 2000 AD
>0 results
The fuck, /co/?
>>
>>81530396

Project Geekr
Phantom 2040.

Those were as cyberpunk as you could get.
>>
>>81545682
>year of the lord 2016
>still no anime about cute orc girls doing cute orc things

why is this allowed?
>>
>>81544323
Reminds me of The Supernaturalist, which sadly never became a comic or cartoon.
>>
File: Emptyzone01-2x3-300.jpg (859 KB, 1166x900) Image search: [Google]
Emptyzone01-2x3-300.jpg
859 KB, 1166x900
Empty Zone and Old City Blues are pretty cyberpunk - OCB is in a more straighforward, GiTS kinda way while Empty Zone leans more weird and surreal.

I'm surprised there aren't any Shadowrun comics, the universe seems perfect for it.
>>
>>81546945
iktf
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.