[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is DC trying so hard to make Cyborg happen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 17
Why is DC trying so hard to make Cyborg happen?
>>
because Johns likes him

He's wholly owned by them so there are no potential creator disputes like there would be with say, Static

And the Teen Titans cartoons are a big deal

And he's not a derivative of a pre-existing character the way that John Stewart and John Henry Irons are. Although he is a derivative in that his genesis is inexorably tied to a team book, but I guess they figure if that doesn't slow Wolverine down why would it be a factor here?
>>
>>81526102
Teen Titans was a mistake and token black men are essential
>>
I realized the other day that Cyborg is the Roman Reigns of DC and it made me sad.
>>
They really want that "we have a black guy in the justice league, look how multicultural we are"-look

Just like why they went with John Stewart Green Lantern in DCAU
>>
>>81526703
Cyborg has been around for 30 years and is actually good in some interpretations, so that's inaccurate
>>
Because if they HAVE to have a single token black person on their nu power fantasy team, they're going to make damn well sure it's the most boring, milquetoast, and uninspired character they have full rights to use.

>Doomed planet, desperate scientists, last hope, kindly couple.

>Football game, busy father, empty seat, mcguffin box.

Why aren't you rooting for him? Maybe if we put him in more media you'll like him...
>>
>>81526818
Having good interpretations doesn't mean that he wasn't shoehorned into the Justice League team because muh monochromatic anglo saxon team

>posts Teen Titans Cyborb
You're kind of arguing against your own point by not supporting how much he deserves to be in Justice League
>>
>>81526403

He's just so uninteresting ugh, and is just a guy who is half-robot. Like that doesn't stand with the rest of the JL at all. I'd much rather have Jon Stewart.
>>
>>81526875
Having a boring origin doesn't make for a bad character. Bad writers like modern Geoff Johns make for a bad character.

She-Hulk got her powers from a fucking blood transfusion and she's p. cool
>>
>>81526102
Because they failed with Steel
Because they failed with Stewart
Because they pussied out with J'onn
Because they didn't believe in Vixen
>>
>>81526940
I don't think he should be on the Justice League, but that's more because he's born and bred Teen Titans and is a weird fit for a team that is supposed to be only the top dogs+Aquaman, especially if the universe was just rebooted so all his time and experience gained with the Titans goes out the window.

But the bottom line is DC doesn't want to risk the effort and investment it'd take to create a new black character from scratch that would fit the role, and the top 3 other candidates (Static, Steel, Green Lantern Stewart) are out of the running because of >>81526403
>>
>>81526818
Than give him the IC title. I don't mind him being in the league I just don't care how DC tries to put him on a big as pedestal as Superman, Batman, and the other iconic characters.
>>
>>81526965
You're right of course, but if the most boring story gets retold over and over that's a problem.

I actually like Cyborg. On the Titans. He doesn't belong on the League. Not because he hasn't earned it or whatever, but because the Titans are where he belongs, like Dick.
>>
>>81526940
cyborg has no business being on the JL
>>
just admit it DC, you're best bet is Black Lightning
>>
The only real problem is that Cyborg doesn't have one interesting story to his name
>>
Cyborg being on the League only makes sense if he went from the Titans to the Justice League.Having him be a founding member of the Justice League makes no sense.
>>
>>81527226
I think there's some rights issues with him. Like they can use him at this point but they have to pay out the creators' estate?

There's no reason to not use Vixen.
>>
Marvel handles black characters so much better than DC
>>
>>81526403
What disputes are there with Static? Does it explain why the Static Shock new 52 was so short lived and Virgil gets no love anywhere these days?
>>
>>81526102
Diversity
>>
File: 1459896584508.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1459896584508.png
230 KB, 640x360
Cyborg isn't even interesting. Of all the token black characters, he's the worst. Static would've been 100% more interesting. Static might be Spider-man with lightning, but Spider-man is Marvel's best selling hero for a very good reason. Fuck I actually hate Cyborg the more I think about it. He's a football playing gym rat who's only story is I LOST MUH GAINS.

I grew up a DCfag but after BvS, I sincerely hope the entire organization folds within the next two decades. Reboot everything again, only this time, try not to get *everything* wrong.
>>
>>81527297
>There's no reason to not use Vixen.
She's not as popular and having another girl on the team would mean they give Wonder Woman a personality
>>
>>81527430
WW had more personality in BvS than any other character, and I'm entirely convinced it was done by accident.
>>
>>81527417
If DC ever went to the public domain we'd get good stories again. Mountains of shit too, but good stories would be plentiful.
>>
>>81526102

Affirmative action.

Although they can actually make Cyborg his own stand alone character if they just give him a rogues gallery and some mythos. I don't think people get what makes the A-Listers A-List... It's the villains, the supporting characters and cast, the places and locales, the types of unique problems only their powers can solve... All things combine to form their own mythos. Cyborg has no mythos, he's always on a team.

>>81526875

This backs up what I'm saying above.

My aspiring comic book writer ass keeps coming up with stories for him. His mythos can be turned into something like Ghost in the Shell or Metal Gear Solid. Cyborg's the one you call when you have rogue A.I.s and androids and robots. Hell, I want to make an arc where some group like ARGUS hacks cyborg, forcing him to due missions for them when he doesn't even realize it. This gives Vic an internal "am I really in control here?" struggle too, on top of bad ass cyborg vs android ninja fights.
>>
>>81526102
becuase they need a porch negro to claim theyre "with the times"
>>
>>81527523
Thank god someone else gets it.
DC wants him to be "big" but you actually need to focus on HIM rather then him as part of a team to get anyone to care about him outside of a team.
You can't "force" character popularity, it takes a lot of time and a lot of effort; people have been trying to force shit like that since media was created and it NEVER FUCKING WORKS.
Further, you need to TAKE THE TIME to give him a mythos; you can't just slap him on a six issue series with three writers and artists because they keep leaving and expect anyone to give a fuck, because removing what little consistency there IS in a comics character when he's not well-established kills him early on.

Even more then before this is necessary because less and less people read comics every year so doing it absolutely right and not looking for the secret shortcut to popularity is important as fuck.
>>
>>81527775
I don't read much stuff with cyborg in it but how are they forcing him anyway? I don't mean with him getting a movie i mean in the comics. Like i know he is one the justice league and he recently got his own ongoing. But are they fixating on him as the focal point of the team book or what? Cos I hear people mention how they keep pushing him but is it just that he is with the rest of the JLA or something beyond that?
>>
>>81526102
They needed a black guy and Johns likes Cyborg, and to his credit, Cyborg could be an interesting dynamic to the Justice League, what with the whole "not really feeling ok being part cyborg'' thing, but he has no great stories so...
>>
>>81527417
The big problem with Cyborg is that all of his solo plotlines, ever, are I'M A FREAK AND I FREAK OUT PEOPLE AND I HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT. All of them. Okay, almost, there was that one about he and his father getting back together, but that's the only one. That's not the kind of guy who can carry a solo book, he's too one-note.
>>
>>81528084
>That's not the kind of guy who can carry a solo book, he's too one-note.
Yeah but thats not a character issue thats a writer issue. You get a single writer to give him an interesting new direction to grow in boom you have an interesting character.

there are no boring characters...just boring writers.

Except gambit. gambit fucking sucks.
>>
>>81526964
I don't understand why WB is trying to push a Cyborg movie, either. An origin movie wouldn't make sense since he's going to be in two JL movies beforehand, and besides his origin there's literally no well-known or interesting Cyborg story or even exciting villains to deal with.
>>
Has Black Lightning been in the New 52? What about Vixen? Steel?

As far as black characters go they're leagues more interesting than Cyborg and John Stewart.
>>
>>81527959
>how are they forcing him anyway?
Forcing = a character I don't like is getting few comic appearances. Usually brought up when the character is black.
>>
>>81526102
Cyborg is a shitty name for a character.
>>
>>81528280
Ironman was taken
>>
What current DC storyline is as good as Infinity? I like dark and edgy stuff so I tried Dark Avengers but it's just too gay.
>>
>>81528280
Maybe he shoulda been named cyborgman
>>
>>81527775

>Thank god someone else gets it.

Yeah how come we seem to think pretty deeply here and the actual people who's job it is don't?
>>
>>81527485
>ww
>more personality than batfleck

She was a non character.

Pls go
>>
>>81528228
They rebooted him from a guy only known for Teen Titans into a Justice League founding member, it's kind of a big deal. There would have been massive bitching no matter what, that he was black was only the cherry on top.
>>
>>81528502
New origin story: he's just a man... who's half man and half cyborg.
>>
>>81526102
Too many honkies in the JSA. Cyborg works because he's got a power set and a color scheme that isn't covered by the other members.
>>
>>81528203

>Black Lightning
Had an arc in DCU Presents years ago, then a few cameos.
>Vixen
Was in JLI until she got crippled. She got better then had a few cameos.
>Steel
Regularly appears in the Superbooks.
>>
>>81528609
Color scheme sure, they don't need another tech guy, they already have Batman.
>>
>>81528577
He probably doesn't realize how many people got mad when Black Canary replaced WW post-COIE.
>>
>>81527775
>DC wants him to be "big"
For whom?
>>
Because they hate Green Lantern so don't want to use John Stewart, and have no other interesting black characters.
>>
Just get Grant Morrison to do a Cyborg series for fucks sake. Why does DC have Grant in their pocket and never use him to solve any of their problems.
>>
>>81527485
>WW had more personality in BvS than any other character, and I'm entirely convinced it was done by accident.

You meant she showed her (admittedly, delicious) back more than any other character.

She was a non entity though. That bitch can't act and the script failed her as well.
>>
>>81527345
IIRC McDuffies family has to approve of DC uses of Milestone Characters and the Nu52 static was garbage.
>>
>>81528664
And if they want a black tech guy, Mr. Terrific is just better.
>>
>>81528833
>>81527485
People liked WW in BvS because she barely spoke, i.e. Goyer didn't have the time to fuck her up.
>>
>>81528228
>Forcing = a character I don't like is getting few comic appearances. Usually brought up when the character is black.
I guess that's it cos nobody else seems to have any reasoning as to how this character is being 'forced'.
>>
>>81528879
I just want Static to be a Titan
>>
>>81529011

What did Static do to make you hate him that much?
>>
>>81529011
Static is better dealing with his own problems and not doing stupid shit like getting killed by Black Adam or wrecked by Johnny Quick.
>>
>>81529011
Static was a Titan Pre New 52
>>
>>81526403
If they wanted to completely revamp a black character with mainstream presence, they should have fucked with Steel's origin instead of ruining Cyborg.
>>
Seriously there's gotta be a better black character that fits besides Cyborg.

One with no legacy ties that isn't a Milestone character. Let's assume it has to be a dude too, can /co/ think of one?
>>
>>81529459
Johns refused to reboot GL for the new52 so no John or Baz since they're busy
Black Lightning still has rights problems, I think
Mr Terrific is basically Batman except actually cool, we can't have that
Steel hides his face which kinda defeats the point of token black guy
>>
>>81529645
Mr. Terrific is a legacy anyway though no one cares
>>
>>81526102
Dude, just let it happen.
Not letting it happen is why we end up with black Wally West.
>>
>>81528150
Don't hate the player, mon frere
>>
>>81528280
What about Captain Cyborg?
>>
>>81529459

Martian Manhunter?
>>
Because they need a token nigger in JL to fill the status quo.
>>
>>81530685
MH is basically black and he is always being put down by the white martian.
>>
>>81530685

Fuck me I didn't read "black"...

>>81529730

Yeah he doesn't get enough credit. I'm glad he's on Arrow now at least. SOMEONE noticed this already pre-established black character.
>>
>>81528895
Batman
Mr.T = Black Batman.

Won't work.
>>
File: Black Lightning JP.jpg (101 KB, 504x756) Image search: [Google]
Black Lightning JP.jpg
101 KB, 504x756
>>81526102
mfw no Black Lightning(The best choice for JL, not Cryborg.)

mfw no Coldcast

mfw DC Nu52 fucked up the Static solo so hard Milestone took the rights back.
>>
>>81526102
They need a black guy and he's the most recognizable outside of John Stewart.
>>
>>81527058
>Because they failed with Stewart
>Because they pussied out with J'onn
explain
>>
File: 20160404_002312.jpg (326 KB, 910x710) Image search: [Google]
20160404_002312.jpg
326 KB, 910x710
>>81527058
> they failed with stewart
>>
>>81526875
Cyborg can be interesting. You've got the base layer of identity crisis over the loss of his humanity, which goes on top of him being a blockhead jock who, despite being successful, was a disappointment to his father, now having the entire wealth of knowledge of human history jammed directly in to his brain.

Cyborg could definitely work as a hero who represents how youth is affected by technology in the modern era.

Now all her needs is a rogues gallery.

Also, popular enough for people to buy his book.
>>
>>81531465
>Cyborg could definitely work as a hero who represents how youth is affected by technology in the modern era.
just like the new Lex would portray this generation billionaires accurately
>>
>>81531446
Maybe he thinks MMH is black because of the cartoons.
>>
>>81531465
So he's basically a discount Robot man?
He's got a lot of potential though. He just needs to be reinvented. There's no reason why a guy with Apokoliptian tech should have such grounded stories.
>>
File: 1302630818.jpg (244 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
1302630818.jpg
244 KB, 900x1366
>>81531465
>Nope.
>Nope.
>Nope.
>Nope.

Now step and fetch me my whip boy.
>>
>>81531732

There's no reason why Cyborg should have Apokoliptian tech in the first place.
>>
let's admit
cyborg has a shit design
>>
>>81531851

This too. But his A.R.G.U.S. skin in Infinite Crises was a GOAT design.

Him being black means you can actually change his hair a good bit, give him dread locks that look like wires/cables for instance.
>>
>>81531783
Even without Apokoliptian tech, he has potential for something more. But DC keeps hiring uncreative black screen writers for him.
>>
File: Cyborg_Super_Friends_001.jpg (23 KB, 424x318) Image search: [Google]
Cyborg_Super_Friends_001.jpg
23 KB, 424x318
>>81526102
Sadly this is not the first time they tried to make Cyborg happen.
>>
>>81532685
Ironically they did it for the same reasons and it didn't work FOR THE SAME REASONS.
>>
>>81527417
Yea I actually like John Stewart and John Henry Irons more. The ex-marine turned space cop and engineer inspired to be a hero after being saved by Superman thing is more interesting than guy who got in an accident and father made him into a cyborg.
>>
>>81532734
Yup, they are doing the exact same shit they did in 1981 in the exact same way.

Shoving him down the viewer's throat just to show that they have a black guy. The characterization has not evolved a bit in 35 years either.
>>
>>81532763
>Liking the most boring DC character.
>>
>>81532685
Fun Fact: he was voiced by Winston Zeddmore.
>>
>>81527226
There's rights issues and he's absolutely useless on the Justice League
>>
>>81527297
Less powerful beast boy on Justice Legaue why?
>>
>>81527339
They just so happen to have a highly influential writer with a cuckold fetish to help them out.
>>
>>81527417
Static isn't a DC character try again.
>>
>>81528203
DC doesn't fully own Black Lighting and his powers are stupid

Vixen isn't a League level character and she's the third most popular character with animal powees under Animal Man and Beast Boy.

Marvel has the rights to Steel they call him War Machine
>>
>>81528664
batman has never been the tech dude
>>
>>81528752
John Stewart is not now nor has he ever been interesting.

So get back in the coffin Dwayne.
>>
>>81528895
He's got no powers and that's spot is reserved for BatMerchandiceMan
>>
>>81530685
Green
>>
>>81528280
Superman is a shittier name for a chracter
>>
>>81532763
Name two good John Stewart stories
>>
>>81526403
But Wolverine started out as a Hulk villain.
>>
>>81534452
And in that same comic he was a member of the x-men. he was just trying to stop the Hulk's rampage.
>>
>>81533825
Most of the black guys are not quite JLA level. Most of them are gimmick technology users too.

Black Lightning is not that great,
Mr Terrific is also kind of weak and useless for them,
Steel is a sidekick character and lesser than Lex in armor,
Vixen is not really useful for them either and one of the weakest animal characters

Maybe they can go dig up Bloodwynd back up from the 90's and re-merge him with J'onn again.
>>
>>81534412
That one where he did the thing and that other time he did the other thing.

You're move anon
>>
>>81534656
Actually, no, not at all.
He was working for Canada's Department H at the time.
But the VERY next appearance he made was him joining the X-Men, so close enough.
>>
>>81534696

Can't Vixen temporarily use people's superpowers by kissing them or something?
>>
>>81527058

>failed with stewart
>Live action GL movie had people wondering why they made a black superhere white.
>>
Sadly they needed to fill the diversity quota and Geoff is too proud to drop Hal for Jon Stewart so Martian Manhunter had to go for some reason. Why not keep both and have Cyborg be a trainee in the Justice League? Make it so he finally steppes up from teen titans and have the rest of the League show him the ropes. Would be a cool concept instead of having him look at monitors in the tower all day.
>>
>>81534696
>Maybe they can go dig up Bloodwynd back up from the 90's and re-merge him with J'onn again.

What was his deal again?
>>
>>81534937
No, but if she takes it up the ass it sometimes works. You have to let them come inside though and force her to orgasm otherwise they don't kick in.
>>
File: Screenshot (120).png (651 KB, 975x548) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (120).png
651 KB, 975x548
>>81526102
>Gotham was a city, landlocked, hundreds of miles from the area we now call the Atlantic Ocean. Yet so desperate the city's desire for crime, that they moved offshore, becoming an island, and an even bigger haven for criminals. Until the city overdeveloped, and began to sink. Knowing their fate, the quality people ran away. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the man who spoke to fish, The Flash, and the other gods of our legends.
>>
File: Screenshot (121).png (510 KB, 975x548) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (121).png
510 KB, 975x548
>>81535411
>Though gods they were - and also, Cyborg was there - the others chose to stay behind in their cells with their sentences, and in time evolved into Metahumans, and sing and dance, and ring in the new...
>>
File: Maxima_Prime_Earth_0003.jpg (151 KB, 435x767) Image search: [Google]
Maxima_Prime_Earth_0003.jpg
151 KB, 435x767
>>81526102
DC needs more psychics and telepaths

they dont even have a teleporter aside from Raven
>>
File: Amazing Man_NewandOld.jpg (674 KB, 1307x1268) Image search: [Google]
Amazing Man_NewandOld.jpg
674 KB, 1307x1268
>>81534696
There's also Amazing-Man
>>
>>81535311
Necromancer
>>
>>81534696
Mr. Terrific could be of use if they didnt already have batman. honestly I think Mr. Terrific would make more sense in the JL than batman. but its batman so nope.
>>
>>81535981
You think a guy named Mr. Terrific would have a chance of appearing in the dark and gritty cinematic universe DC is creating.

>We always thought demons were horrifying.
>Turns out, they're terrific.
>>
>>81531751
It's funny that the most interesting he's been in the comics was in the Flashpoint universe. Since superman wasn't around the USA made him their primary hero and he was basically propaganda. If they went with that direction in the comics, it could give him some conflict like when Rhodey was Iron Patriot in IM3. Also his forced inclusion could be a plot point since it would be a mandatory deal with the US government to keep tabs on the team.

But this is DC we're talking about here. That's too complicated for them apparently.
>>
>>81536247
>where I come from Fair Play means getting shot in the back for being in the wrong neighborhood
>>
>>81526102
They want a black front runner, a first stringer, an A lister.
It makes them not look racist.
Fiction based diversity hire.
Problems include
1.Not a lot of black people caring about comic books.
This means not a lot of audience or talent.
2.When they have a black character they will often entrust it to a black writer and a lot of black people go though their lives with a chip on their shoulder thinking every single slight against them is based on nothing but their race and don't understand why so many white characters aren't defined by being white and why that is a good thing.
This often leads to black characters without character flaws out of ethnic pride and again a lot of black people don't understand why pride is a sin.
3.When they entrust it to a white writer he will often make sure not to write him with any character flaws as to not appear racist.
>>
>>81536342
>Brutally beats a purse snatcher.
>"I-I thought you said you'd... play fair..."
>Breaks his arm.
>"You're alive, that's fair enough."
>Bleeding "MR. TERRIFIC: BIRTH OF BLOOD" logo appears
>>
>>81536693
>Terrific originally meant instills terror. Don't worry you'll have plenty of time to read while your legs heal.
>there's nothing wrong with my *snap*-Aaaah!
>>
>>81537025
>getting branded by those T-Spheres is a death sentence
>>
File: image.png (343 KB, 575x540) Image search: [Google]
image.png
343 KB, 575x540
Mfw I think Cyborg is pretty cool
>>
>>81537283
- Thank you, Justice League. You have saved our lives and our homes. You truly are a league of justice.
- Don't worry about it ma'am. It's our duty t-

- AHHHH YEAH BOOYAH BOOYAH WE DID IT SUPES BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYAH

>thinking that is okay
>>
>>81535499
Cyborg
>>
>>81532763
Steel is clearly the best black DC character.

DCAU John is boring and had to hook up with Hawkgirl to make him interesting.

Comics John was made DCAU-like because there was little to him too.
>>
>>81537283
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>81535088
So you're supporting my point?
>>
>>81537771
Only because they refuse to acknowledge him as the messiah.
>>
>>81535499
Zatanna
>>
They need a black guy for their movies but don't want to try Green Lantern again just yet.
>>
>>81526102 (OP)
I don't think it's just a race issue, I think they also want more tech-based heroes in the spotlight because Iron Man is popular.
Who else do they have who might be recognized by outsiders? Batman deliberately saves his power armor for special occasions and couldn't possibly be pimped more anyway. Green Lantern has alien tech that's *too* advanced for the style the bosses are going for. I feel like I'm forgetting someone.
>>
>>81528712
(you)
>>
>>81526776
The difference is that Stewart is a pretty great addition. Despite Bruce being the proper 'human' of the group, I always felt like John was the most human and in-touch lantern because of his humble origins and military career prior to being a lantern.
>>
>>81538495
There's Bumblebee, she has bee themed power armor and gadgets, so at the very least she's moderately toyetic.
>>
>>81532734
>>81532842
But why? They already had Black Lightning and he was a pretty cool guy from what I remember
>>
Same reason marvel is pushing black panther downs everyone's sack. But yeah, let's all pretend we always gave a shit about him.
>>
>>81532854
That's not Hal Jordan
>>
The way I see it, Cyborg's character is developed as an average middle-class American. Apart from the whole superhero business, not much in his life goes on at all, much like our own. Cyborg reflect's the existential boredom we have in normal life where not much else happens outside our line of work.

He's an athlete who can get scholarships to a decent University and his father is a scientist who wants his son to follow in his footsteps but would rather cut his own path in life. Then in some crazy moment of fate he has a serious accident which has left him physically impaired. His regular life now consists of mechanical maintenance, incremental upgrades, government monitoring, awkward dates and so on. This is all within the husk of his otherwise fairly boring life.

The best part I like about Cyborg is his attachment to his human side. He keeps his humanity by still choosing to eat food, even though he has no need to. This indicates that despite the social and physical setbacks he will experience for the rest of his life, he continues to enjoy the things before his accident. Its not like his body gave him the mind of Socrates in where he becomes this uber-dimensional character. He still thinks like a human, still talks like a human and more importantly still lives like a human - boring, boring boring.

That's why I think Cyborg is more relate-able than a character like Superman. No matter how much 4chan likes think, we are not aliens crash-landing from outer-space. And all the actions and reactions that Superman has cannot be seen to be the default of what an actual human being would do. As for Cyborg, there are more people like him on this earth than what 4chan is giving discredit for.
>>
>>81537677
>Thank you, Justice League. You destroyed all our homes and most of us are dead thanks to collateral damage, but at least the bad guy is dead. You truly are a league of justice.
>>
>>81536693
>>81537025
>>81537129
I'd watch that movie. No kidding
>>
>>81526102
Cyborg will never be popular because the stupid half-face is nonsense

The only time something like that is cool when it looks like battle damage
>>
>>81526102
Change his name. You can't market a movie called Cyborg, it sounds like some B movie direct to VHS from the 80's.
>>
>>81526102
Cuz he's the best Titan and he deserves it.
>>
>>81526102
Vixen should take his spot, she's token, hot and has cooler powers.
>>
>>81536674
>a lot of black people don't understand why pride is a sin.
And alot of white people do?

And white characters not being defined by being white is part of the priveledge of being white. Things white characters do will just be seen as reflecting on that character. But things a black characters does will be seen as reflecting the whole race. The only way to combat that is to have multiple black characters in the vicinity, but we obviously won't have that.
>>
>>81526102
HE IS THE

NEXT

BLACK

THING.
>>
>>81539140
How about NegroCop?
>>
>>81539069
>Thank you, Justi-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>81528785

Probably cause Grant Morrison basically gets to pick what he writes. If Grant Morrison isn't interested in doing a Cyborg story then Grant Morrison isn't writing a Cyborg story.

Don't get me wrong, I think Grant Morrison could totally making Cyborg fucking awesome. But Cyborg possibly doesn't fit into the Hypercrisis superwell as a Justice Leaguer.
>>
>>81534139

He invents shit all the time for particular circumstances. He just doesn't hand out gear and gadgets (cause Batman's paranoid as fuck).
>>
>>81526102
seriously anon? he is black, a teenager and a robot. so there you go zeds sjw and kids will love him. the perfect trifecta for a cash cow.
>>
In my humble opinion DC should have invented a new character with wanting to add a black guy to the Justice League.

First of all it was the perfect opportunity to do so with the New 52, like actually had a new character. Making him a member of the Justice League and begin his own Black-Man-verse.

Get like a good writer to write his stories, who is giving massive notes to whoever is writing him on the Justice League (ideally the same person), and also has a shitton of leeway to whatever fucking stories they want because this character is new and their isn't an established fanbase. Also, they could really play up the fact that this new-black-man really deserves to be one of the seven.

Sadly, that ship fucking sailed because they took a character who was awesome in the Teen Titans (and probably would have been pretty rad in this new Rebirth Titans book if it's good) and decided to make him a Justice Leaguer when he really doesn't have the same mythos as any of the other characters.

Or if Geoff Johns wasn't such a Hal Jordan fanboy they could have just kept John Stewart; which I'm fine with too.
>>
>>81539609
How about Niggabyte?
>>
>>81540337

Nubitron?
>>
Cyborg is the Roman Reigns of the DC universe. He works best as part of a group, but he's being shoved down our throats left and right as a solo act.
>>
>>81534139
>batman has never been the tech dude

I know Batmanhaters usually don't read comics but don't be retarded. The teleport was his.The satellite, the weapon systems and aircrafts.
>>
>>81540726
The last movie showed why cyborg is shit in the league: After 4 years in the league his best interaction was with the titans.
>>
>>81526102
Getting ready for justice league
>>
>>81535388
>but if she takes it up the ass it sometimes works
we are talking about cyborg anon, not about sue dibny.
>>
>>81531240
>mfw no Black Lightning(The best choice for JL, not Cryborg.)

>black guy
>lightning super powers
>best

nah
>>
>>81536674

>I'm white, I know exactly what black people do and do not like and why they do things!

fuck off
>>
>>81526102

You know, for a board that screams about how DC and Marvel are making their books like the movies I'm surprised none of you have figured out why DC/WB is pushing Cyborg

China loves robots and cyborgs
>>
>>81540726
>but he's being shoved down our throats left and right as a solo act.

He really isn't. He didn't even get a New 52 book. They waited until DCYou
>>
>>81541518
Giganigga the Electric Nigga commin for dat ass nigga.
>>
>>81538142
Zatanna and Raven are like the same exact character except for a few differences between costumes and powers, and Raven's more terrible set of daddy issues.
I guess Zatanna wants to be a stage magician, so that's unique, I guess.
>>
File: bl4.jpg (713 KB, 1024x1554) Image search: [Google]
bl4.jpg
713 KB, 1024x1554
>>81541518
Well that's just like your opinion man
>>
>>81526818
>>81526940
Say what you will, but the Teen Titans has the best designed Cyborg. That blue goes a long way
>>
>>81526102
So cartoonfags could whine "where's muh Static Shock".
>>
>>81537677
But I thought marvelbabbies wanted more inappropriate levity in DC's movies
>>
>>81526102
Literally just portray him like he was portrayed in flashpoint and I think almost everyone would like him, he was awesome in flashpoint.
>>
>>81528577
>They rebooted him from a guy only known for Teen Titans into a Justice League founding member, it's kind of a big deal.
And Titanfags cried about it ever since New 52 started.
>HE BELONGS ON TEEN TITANS!!!!!!122!
Every time.
>>
File: 1459015681728.png (345 KB, 498x568) Image search: [Google]
1459015681728.png
345 KB, 498x568
> mfw Cyfag
> just want a proper Vic Stone series
> DC has no fucking clue what to do with him
>>
>>81542366

The rebirth title looks promising to be fair
>>
>>81534412
He only has Mozaic.
And it was CUT FROM 25 ISSUES TO 18 BECAUSE DC HATES JOHN!!!!
>>
>>81526102
STATIC IS INFINITELY BETTER FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81541636
China hates black people though
>>
>>81526102

Why shouldn't they try to push a B-list character into the mainstream?
>>
>>81543988
He's only there for brand synergy

If New 52 happened around Final Crisis, it'd be J'onn as the founding member and with his own Rebirth book.

Cyborg and a lot of New 52's changes like Harley Quinn and the Suicide Squad, or Shazam are brought about by the same corporate group think that produced nuhumans. Better revamp it to resemble the upcoming movies!
>>
>>81535546

I like Amazing Man, I don't see why they can't use him more often.
>>
>>81528609
the JSA has Jakeem and I love Jakeem.
What is Jakeem doing in the New52 anyways? I haven't seen him in anything besides The Just.
>>
>>81536674

DING DING DING

This is why I want to write Cyborg. I'm the writer who will do him justice because I'll handle him without the SJW gloves on. Besides given him own mythos, villains, etc (hell even retooling other unused villains would work).

Also, speaking of pride, that would be part of my Cyborg story. Vic was kind of arrogant before becoming Cyborg and it's his problem now, he was very much a typical jock, but he liked "nerdy" science stuff because of his dad, he just never wanted to show it. The accident and becoming Cyborg gives him a ton of physical strength and power, but it humbles his soul too. He begins to change and get into technology, programming etc without the shame of before.

He loses friends for it though, which plays into the theme of Cyborg losing his humanity both physically and spiritually. It's within his work as Cyborg that he finds purpose again.
>>
>>81538986

I did! Because Black Panther actually has a lot of actual comic book stories to back him up. Again mythos, with Black Panther comes a whole new secret country, vibranium, villains like Klaw and White-Ape, etc.
>>
>>81544817
I hate that Johns forced his New52 origin into the movies. If there's something i dislike about the guy is that he only cares about his own work. that's why i don't want Darkside in the movies. It will be johnseid.
>>
>>81539083

Yeah I wondered if that messed up his design. We don't realize how analytical shallow we are, asymmetrical stuff bothers our brains, so him being one face sided makes the facial recognition part of our brain go "uh nope" or something.
>>
>>81540337

>Niggabyte

Fund it.

Better yet, that's his rapper name as he moon lights dropping sick beats on the side.

>POP POP

>MAKIN PARADEMONS DROP

>FUCKIN UP DARKSEID ON MUH WAY TO DA TOP
>>
>>81544939

I haven't read a lot of modern comics so what's the difference with the New52 Cyborg?
>>
>>81545660
He has nothing to do with Apokolyps, mother boxes or the league.
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.