[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wonder Woman: Earth One Early Reviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (312 KB, 832x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312 KB, 832x1280
http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2016/04/05/wonder-woman-earth-one-review/

>Still, for all my talk about how progressive and feminist this book is, there’s one problem I didn’t address: the creative team. Granted, every person on this team is immensely talented. Grant Morrison is one of my favorite writers, Yanick Paquette’s artwork is mouth-watering, Nathan Fairbairn is one of the best colorists out there, and there’s no doubt that Todd Klein belongs on the Mt. Rushmore of comic book letterers. So what’s the problem?

>None of them are women.

Dear lord, what is wrong with these wackjobs?

Every other review so far has been nitpicking for problematic features or hating on the Hercules prologue

And I thought regular comic fans were hard to please. But this is something else.
>>
Has anyone here picked this up?
>>
>>81515839
Someone post Morrison in drag.
>>
>>81515862
I went to the Wino thread and they said it was coming next week.

Might have been some misinformed anons, though.
>>
Should have released this under his pen name: Granny Morrison
>>
>>81515894
digital comes out next week
>>
>>81515894
The digital copy comes out next week so the Win-O won't have it till then. Physical copy is out in comic stores today and bookstores next week.
>>
>>81515901
He better. According to feminists, gay men are no longer oppressed and are part of the patriarchy
>>
>>81515918
So did any form of this come out this week?
>>
Based on the images that have been released, I can't help but think that Morrison wrote a lot of scenes specifically to create as much internet anger as possible
>>
The Daily Beast has an article on this book.

>>Comics Legend Grant Morrison on His Queer, Kinky Wonder Woman

>>The celebrated comics scribe opens up about his new book ‘Wonder Woman: Earth One’ and why it’s Diana Prince’s time to shine.

>Comics superstar Grant Morrison (All-Star Superman, The Multiversity) knew going into his Wonder Woman origin story Wonder Woman: Earth One that he’d be making a few major tweaks to the Diana Prince narrative most people know best.

>For one, in Morrison’s retelling, Diana’s home of Themyscira is not a warlike society of highly trained female soldiers the way the island is characterized in most depictions. Instead, the Amazons of Morrison’s Paradise Island (the original name given to Themyscira by Wonder Woman’s creator) are more like supermodel scientists who’ve developed fantastical technology and science fiction-like genetic experimentation techniques.

>And Steve Trevor—the American soldier who, in traditional retellings, washes up on the sacred island’s shores, gets Diana Prince to fall in love with him, then returns with her to the modern world to fight and win World War II—is no longer a love interest at all. To Morrison’s rebellious teen Diana, he’s simply an opportunity: a way off the island she’s grown restless on and eager to leave behind.

>>"Instead, Diana informs Trevor, making over 70 years of subtext explicit, she has another lover: a woman on the island named Mala."

>And while Hippolyta, Diana’s mother, claims the Amazon princess was molded out of clay then brought to life by divine gift (as most Wonder Woman origin stories do), Morrison’s Diana learns that her mother’s quaint tale is a lie. She does have a father: a monstrous, misogynistic demigod named Hercules, whom her mother strangled to death with the very chains he bound her with. This trauma, we learn, is what motivated Hippolyta to found Paradise Island.
>>
>>81515959
yes the physical
>>
>>81515992

>Morrison, aided by artist Yanick Paquette’s gorgeous pencil work, tells an overtly feminist story about a queer Wonder Woman who is an optimistic, mischievous, and kind hero-in-the-making—who also just happens to be into bondage.

>The Daily Beast called up Morrison at his home in Scotland to chat Wonder Woman: Earth One, Vol. 1 (on sale Wednesday), Batman v Superman, and bringing Diana Prince back to her (kinky) roots.

>DB: How did you decide what to incorporate from Wonder Woman’s 70-year-plus history in this new retelling?

>GM: I decided to go back to the original version of Wonder Woman written by her creator William Moulton Marston with art by H.G. Peter. I thought there was a lot of material there. In recent years, Wonder Woman’s been portrayed as a kind of warrior woman, but in Marston’s direction, she’s much more a diplomat and an ambassador. She uses weapons for peace, she uses the bracelets to deflect missiles and bullets, and she uses the lasso to capture people and, basically, make them obey her loving command. So I thought there’s a lot more interesting material there for a version of Wonder Woman that was a little bit different than the one you usually see. I was kind of trying to capture the original essence of this counterculture, feminist heroine and put it in a modern context.

>DB: I also read you immersed yourself in feminist history while writing it.

>GM: Yeah. It’s not a book about feminism, it’s a book about Wonder Woman, but I felt it was important to have the voices of intelligent women throughout history in my head while I was writing it. So I read a bunch of stuff, from Mary Wollstonecraft’s Vindication of the Rights of Women to Gloria Steinem and Andrea Dworkin and a whole bunch of feminist writers.
>>
>>81515959
The physical copy came out today
>>
>>81515839
What an age to live in.
>>
>>81516021

>>The Amazons in the book are not at all warlike, the way they’re usually portrayed. They’re tall and have idealized body types and are super glamorous. What sort of statement did you and Yanick want to make with their appearance?

>Well, one of the things that Yanick and I noticed about the original material is that the Amazons were portrayed as very glamorous-looking. They looked like 1940s actresses. And so we kind of took that and talked about the idea of creating a sophisticated society of women...And instead of film stars, we made them look a little more like supermodels, taking that idea of “glamour girls of the ‘40s are the supermodels of modern times” and turning the Amazons into that. So as you say, their culture is very body-conscious and we created this ridiculous, gazelle-like, athletic body type. Then when Diana meets the girls of the modern world, they’re all very different shapes and sizes and colors, and she starts to realize that there isn’t a standardized look in the world.

>>As far as the culture of the Amazons, you brought back a lot of the chain-and-collar bondage rituals from Marston’s old versions, and a lot of the cool, sci-fi technology like the purple healing ray—all of which lends itself to that great line from Beth Candy, Diana’s curvy new sidekick on Earth: “You’re from a Paradise Island of science-fiction lesbians? With a side of bondage? Honey, I’ll drink to that!”

>(Laughs.) Yeah, a lot of recent portrayals of Amazons focused on the Greek culture aspect, with them trapped in a kind of pre-industrial world. But in Marston’s story—which, again, was my inspiration—the Amazons do have technology. So we just kind of made a point of that: of course these women who’ve been [on the island] for 3,000 years would develop and share ideas. And naturally, they’d have their own technology. And in some cases, their technology is way more advanced than ours.
>>
>>81515839
>this may be the first time that I’ve felt like Morrison got so caught up in symbols and themes that the comic felt less like a story and more like a thesis.

Really? I've always felt that's a really common criticism of Morrison
>>
>>81515987
Ultra Comics will forever have us wondering if he means to have us on or not.
>>
>>81516056

>We wanted to make it “here’s a culture that’s advanced and developed,” but at the same time, these women have known each other for 3,000 years. I mean, they’ve done everything, they’ve had every conversation…they feel as if they’ve had these interactions over and over again. And that’s what Diana’s escaping from—that kind of ritualized, formalistic [society]. They’re very advanced, but at the same time, it’s like they’re frozen in place.

>>And the Amazons, Diana included, also take female lovers—which only makes sense, considering that Paradise Island is inhabited by nothing but women.

>Yeah, I can’t imagine that these women, after deciding to cut off from men and form their own society for the past 3,000 years, would stop having sex. It’s kind of obvious in the subtext [of older runs] and all we did was kind of make it explicit. We made it a fact: of course they have relationships. Of course they have lovers.

>And the bondage is based on Marston’s ideas of love and submission, which were quite strange at the time because he believed that women were superior to men, and that men should basically be dominated by women. Our whole story’s about ropes and snares and chains and lies and deception, so we wanted to include some of Marston’s original ideas.

>>You also give Diana a father in this version of her story, breaking with the traditional story of Hippolyta miraculously shaping her out of clay. There’s some recent precedent for Diana having a father: in Justice League Unlimited, it was Hades. And in The New 52, her father was Zeus himself. How did you decide on Hercules for this retelling, who’s this monstrous misogynist who degraded her mother Hippolyta and kept the Amazons enslaved?
>>
>>81516021
>the voices of intelligent women throughout history
>Gloria Steinem and Andrea Dworkin
Jesus Morrison, you sure about that?
>>
>>81516071
Yeah this guy sure hasn't read a lot of Morrison. Even as someone who likes him, his two most recent works, Annihilator and Nameless, both have this feel, as do many of his previous ones.
>>
>>81516082

>I wanted Diana to have some kind of masculine element because I thought, well, most girls have a dad. (Laughs.) It is quite important. But this is my big tradeoff, because I love the idea that Hippolyta just created her out of nothing, that Diana is a solely female creation. But at the same time, I wanted a lot more tension and drama and a kind of struggle…Hippolyta is the true rebel of the story. She’s the one who fights back and overpowers and strangles Hercules at the start of the book. So really, she’s the one who gives Diana her fire. But she doesn’t want to admit this to Diana. In a kind of genetic experiment, Hippolyta is the one who’s taken Hercules and used his blood and genetic material as a weapon by creating a woman who will subjugate man’s world in the name of women. So [Diana’s creation] was an act by Hippolyta to get her ultimate revenge on Hercules.

>>Right. And Hercules was half-man, giving Diana another connection to the human world. One of the three Fates, who oversees Diana’s trial after she breaks the law and leaves Paradise Island, sums up her life in one line that way: “Born of vengeance, shaped by love, to battle drawn.”

>Yeah, I thought it made more sense. We don’t really treat gods the same way they do in Greek mythology. They’re not actual beings, they're just abstract concepts. So to give her a divine father, I think that was too much. The idea that Wonder Woman’s dad is a superhero of the ancient days, Hercules, I thought really quite resonated: a strongman as Wonder Woman’s dad.

>>Steve Trevor is also African-American in this book and very much not a love interest for Diana, as he usually is in most iterations, including Patty Jenkins’ upcoming movie. I kind of liked that—it avoids the Little Mermaid trope of a princess falling in love with the first man she sees and upending her entire life for him.
>>
>>81516021
>monster Hercules
>Hipolita killed Hercules

Damn...I hate DC take on Hercules. Why the hateboner for him?

He could at least have been killed like in the original mythos, just put Hipolita there somewhere.
>>
>>81515839
I was waiting for this to be the thing people will focus on when they want to complain.
>>
>>81516071
He usually pads things out with action or quiet moments of idle conversation.

From what the reviews have said, it seems he's a lot more frank in this book.
>>
>>81515839
> write pro feminist comic
> get criticized for not being a woman

Howard Chaykin is laughing
>>
>>81516127

>Yeah, I did that to add more dynamism and more tension. In the original Wonder Woman, she falls in love with Steve who was fighting for America [in World War II]. And that’s cool, she was coming back to fight with him. But I felt there was a little bit more ambiguity to it. When she meets Steve, he’s the first man she’s seen. And a girl who was raised in the culture of the Amazons—she’s used to seeing certain types of bodies, certain types of dress—I don’t think she would necessarily find him attractive instantly.

>So the first thing she does, as a scientist, as a doctor, as a healer, she checks him out in a very matter-of-fact way. I thought there was much more [room for] development in the relationship with Diana and Steve as friends. But there’s so much more there. You find out that Steve was lying to her [about his military mission], you don’t know how many people are lying to her, and the book’s about truth and lies. So I wanted to make the Steve and Diana relationship a lot more fraught and dynamic.

>>Have you seen Batman v Superman yet? Wonder Woman was pretty much everyone’s favorite part of the movie.

>No, I haven’t yet—I’m really looking forward to it though! The Wonder Woman stuff is good?

>>Yeah, the moment she showed up onscreen in her costume is the moment my screening’s audience came to life, cheering and clapping.

>Yeah, I think it’s Wonder Woman’s time again. I think the character is making a comeback.

>>I’ve heard your name occasionally brought up in the aftermath of the movie, as people go back to All-Star Superman as a kind of palate cleanser for the joyless, hopeless tone of the movie.
>>
>>81515839
>Every other review so far has been nitpicking for problematic features or hating on the Hercules prologue
The fact that they have to dig for things to hate on gives me hope this will be good.

>None of them are women.
I hate this so much. I don't care who writes a comic. Gender, race, religion, whatever. It doesn't matter. Just give me a good story.
And this especially pisses me off as a femanon because I hate this mentality that only women can write comics with female main characters or else it's sexists somehow. There are some good female writers out there but most of them are shit or mediocre which leads to some of my favorite characters getting shitty books and I hate it.
>>
>>81516164

>Yeah. Well, we all have our tastes and things that we’re into. I like a certain kind of Superman. I don’t believe superheroes could ever be real, and the idea of imagining what they would be like if they were real is futile….But at the same time, I love that there are so many interpretations. And the only way to understand the guy is to look at all the interpretations—same with Wonder Woman or Batman. To understand Superman, even the one in Man of Steel or Batman v Superman, [is to understand] it’s just another facet. So I’m kind of open to all of them—except ones I like less than others, let’s say. But I love the fact that Superman is such a multifaceted character and I love the fact that All-Star Superman can exist alongside the Henry Cavill Man of Steel Superman, alongside the animated Superman, alongside the 1960s Superman. And all of them build up this giant mosaic picture of a really complex fictional character.
>>
>>81516113
Have you ever read the Greek myths with Heracles? This is extremely true to form- he was a huge asshole.
>>
File: christ.jpg (54 KB, 744x792) Image search: [Google]
christ.jpg
54 KB, 744x792
>>81515839
>>
>>81516127
>>81516164
>doublepost
Oooh, and you were doing so well!
>>
>>81516127
>I’ve heard your name occasionally brought up in the aftermath of the movie, as people go back to All-Star Superman as a kind of palate cleanser for the joyless, hopeless tone of the movie.

Kek
>>
>>81516218
Sorry.

>>81516105 comes before >>81516164
>>
>>81516230
You can just imagine the interest draining from Grant's eyes, the hope that it'd be better than MoS.

But he's too much of a sport to say so and then provides that safe answer.
>>
>>81516255
Don't apologize!
Thanks for posting the article, I'm glad to finally read a "review" that's not utter trash.
>>
>>81516105
All those centuries to themselves and the Amazons never thought to develop mental health sciences? That's surprising.
>>
>>81516292
>"review" + interview
ftfy
>>
>>81516171
Well said. Very well said.
>>
>>81516113
>Why the hateboner for him?
In mythology he's a great hero but his morals are a bit lacking...
>He could at least have been killed like in the original mythos, just put Hipolita there somewhere.
But if you want the hateboner to stop this won't help. After all, his wife accidentally killed him because of his womanizing ways. She was afraid he'd cheat on her.
>>
>>81516113
Hercules Unbound is a good guy
>>
>>81515839
I can tell this person hasn't been discriminated or put down in a very harsh or significant way throughout their whole lives otherwise they wouldn't be doing or saying this.

I mean I am a bbq grill and I use to live in a shitty 3rd world country where no matter what I did or achieved, most of the time it was dismissed because of my gender, so seeing this reviewer do this to Morrison and Paquette especially going in full well on this title knowing whi they were just makes my blood boil.

The whole "Oh I like what tou did but you're something that you can't change therefore I can't really like this story" is such a bullshit and dismissive excuse, yes I can get that he probably wants more WW stories by female writers (which BTW are out there) but holy fuck this review was not the place to complain about that.
>>
>>81516349
>his second wife
Remember, bitch goddess drove him mad and got him to kill his first family.
>>
>>81515839
I'm glad Morrison is getting shit
He's not built for the modern day feminist driven capeshit demo
>>
>>81515839
Complaining about the pack of women in the industry wouldn't bother me of they didn't single out the WW book. It's like insisting that only black people should write black characters.
>>
>>81516734
*lack of
>>
>>81516113
The guy was a drunk fuck thart killed his family.
>>
>>81515839
yeesh that costume is a mess

thank god Earth One failed as a concept and never infected the main books like Ultimate ruined Marvel.
>>
>>81515839
How is that a fucking review? It doesn't matter who made the thing, you're supposed to review the work, not who wrote it. Exploring what works and what doesn't is the purpose of a review. If you want to change a company's hiring practice you do that in separate places.
>>
>>81516161
What pro feminist did Chaykin write?
>>
File: 1459207208346.jpg (5 KB, 161x251) Image search: [Google]
1459207208346.jpg
5 KB, 161x251
>>81515992
>she has another lover: a woman on the island named Mala.
Fucking finally. Any pics of her?
>>
>>81516947
>yeesh that costume is a mess
I like it
>>
was there a storytime?
>>
>>81516947
>yeesh that costume is a mess
Shit taste. Those yoga pants are sexy as fuck.

>thank god Earth One failed as a concept
It hasn't failed. More Earth One books are on the way and have proven to be a refreshing change of pace.
>>
>>81515839
Why did I go to that link, fuck.

>See, here’s the thing. I’m a straight, white, cisgender man.
>>
>>81517838
>Fucking finally
I hear you.
It's crazy that DC makes characters like Catwoman bi while constantly ignoring the biggest bi/lesbian character they've had for decades now.
>>
>>81518050
That's what you get for clicking on any links posted on /co/
>>
>>81518050
Oh god. I want to believe you're making that shit up, but I also don't want to open that link.
>>
>>81516947
It's not her final costume, she evolves it to it over course of the book.
>>
>>81515839
WHO
CARES?
>>
>>81515839
>none of them are women
Then maybe some bitch out there should sack up and get on their level.enough for dc actually has the reason to put them on something with the other top talent
>>
>>81518227
Well Amazon won't ship out/digital rips won't be up for another week so reviews and interviews are the only information we can get about the book. Seems like it will be fun in the usual Morrisonian way. And if the only gender-based stuff they can find to complain about are the creative team being men, the Amazons being too hot, and Etta being bullied then that's a good sign that Morrison's usual problems with writing women have been avoided here. And that was basically the only reason anyone reasonable was worried about this.
>>
File: fat apologists.jpg (219 KB, 750x1153) Image search: [Google]
fat apologists.jpg
219 KB, 750x1153
>>81515839
Thanks a lot, Morrison.
>>
>>81518231
It's not something worth getting butthurt over, anon.

It's not even really a gender thing. It's the stupid belief that only (blank) can properly write (blank). Whether it's female characters, black characters or some other group, this is a criticism brought up by terrible reviewers who suck at what they do or people who want to hate on something but can't find a good reason to because the work is actually pretty decent.
>>
>>81517695
Nothing. And he would never try. Read some of his recent interviews, he fucking hates everything about comics these days
>>
>>81515839

You're nitpicking reviews tho?
>>
>>81515992
>And Steve Trevor—the American soldier who, in traditional retellings, washes up on the sacred island’s shores, gets Diana Prince to fall in love with him, then returns with her to the modern world to fight and win World War II—is no longer a love interest at all. To Morrison’s rebellious teen Diana, he’s simply an opportunity: a way off the island she’s grown restless on and eager to leave behind.
I actually like this...like for real, Trevor wasn't even on Lois Lane league of classic love interests.
Nigga is boring.
>>
>>81518487
For what? A sassy Etta Candy?
Or for Diana looking like she came from a circus?
>>
>>81518487
>we should've been dead
they really should have
>>
Really don't give a fuck about anons getting triggered over triggered bloggers

Is anyone gonna buy and scan this today? My closes LCS is over an hour away...
>>
>>81516092
Slim pickings to choose from.
>>
>>81518646
There's enough other WW stuff around with him as a love interest that it doesn't bother me as much as it might have been if this was published a few years earlier and before their relationship had been brought back into the mainstream. It became too much of a trend for a while for him to not be an option at all.

>>81518781
Getting good scans of trades is kind of hard without removing the covers and all, which of course is possible but there's little value in doing so when the digital version will be up in a week.
>>
I will save money by not buying this shit. Thank anon.
>>
>>81518487
>and then Diana fucked them all except for the fat chick...
>>
>>81515839

"Adventures in poor taste" sounds aptly named.
>>
This comic is going to trigger sooo many faggots on both sides of the camp.
Can't wait for it.
>>
File: 1229450599583.gif (4 KB, 344x326) Image search: [Google]
1229450599583.gif
4 KB, 344x326
>>81515839

Are these people not aware that the whole character of Wonder Woman was invented by two men? Men named William Marston and Harry Peter?
>>
>>81518906
Not fooling anybody, memeposter
>>
>amazons are perfect utopian lesbians
>choking the evul male Hitlercules with the chains he binds poor womyn with, featuring dante from the devil may cry series
>Diana is now a dyke too
ayy lmao
>>
>>81519024
Morrison is an absolute madman for pulling this off
>>
>>81519110
TRIGGERED
>>
>>81519110
>>Diana is now a dyke too
She's straight for big black cock, just like Batwoman
>>
>>81518792
Not what I'm saying at all, just that those two are NOT who I might call "Intelligent women throughout history", more "vultures attaching their own motivations to the feminist movement".
>>
>Morrison triggering /pol/ and SJWs simultaneously
B A S E D
>>
>>81515839
As if Grant would care about that.
>>
>>81516734
>It's like insisting that only black people should write black characters.

But they do that....a LOT
>>
>>81519667
Are you stupid or can't read?
>>
>>81517990
>have proven to be a refreshing change of pace.

Cuz we get so many threads here on /co/ wanting to know when the next E1 book is coming out?
>>
>>81520357
he's pretending to be stupid for the (You)s
>>
>>81520350
I want a comic that greys out every non-white man and has text boxes that equates to im not them so i cant write them.
>>
>>81516199
As far as I recall most of the times he was a huge asshole is because Hera was fucking with him.

There's also a tale where he's made to be a slave to Omphale because of a murder Hera made him do and yet he still protects her from Pan by dressing as a woman.
>>
>>81519110
>amazons are perfect utopian lesbians
Nothing new.

>choking the evul male Hitlercules with the chains he binds poor womyn with
>defending a man who chains people up and forces them to be his slaves
That's not a good thing, anon.

>featuring dante from the devil may cry series
That actually sounds fun but I think I'd prefer a Dante/Hellboy crossover.

>Diana is now a dyke too
Again, nothing new.
>>
>>81515839
You know that the ultimate goal of equality is to have each person be evaluated by their actions and deeds (in this case their abilities are artists, writers, colorists, etc.) and not their sex or race, right? Same could be applied to other fields where this complaint has popped up (tech industry, video games). In an ideal world, if a "cishet" white guy gets a job, it should be because he is best qualified for it as opposed to those applying for the same job. Talks of "more diversity" should not fall upon a HR dept just hiring women or minorities to fill some quota but it should fall to institutions of learning to ensure that people of all kinds can study what they want to without being discouraged. If they excel at what they do they should have no problems getting hired.
>>
>>81515862
I ordered it yesterday.
>>
I got the comic, /co/. When does it normally come out?
>>
>>81521378
LCS get it today, other retailers and digital comes out next Wednesday.
My LCS somehow forgot it came out this week, hopefully I'll get mine next week, probably the week after next though.
>>
>>81516947
>what is new 52
>>
>>81519758
>>81519110
>>81518906

Only /pol/ and /lgbt/ are getting triggered by this book.

Fuck off you mentally ill faggots.

Keep up the work based Morrison.
>>
I just finished it

The art was great but the story was only okay
>>
>>81522687
So its the best Wonder Woman in decades.
>>
>>81522687

Is she in love with black Steve? Do they fuck?
>>
>>81522871
Nope

>>81522911
He was just a plot device. I think they made him black just so he could bring up slavery
>>
>>81522980

B-but is she love with him?
>>
>>81522687
post a pic of Diana's girlfriend Mala
>>
>>81516307
What do you mean.

Amazons have reformation island.
They even cured several of her.bad guys
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>81523034
They didn't even show any attraction to each other

>>81523076
The blond chick
>>
>>81519024
>>81519758
If only DC were marvel so sales would go through the roof
>>
>>81523266
>that sassy-looking bitch

Me and WW have the same taste in women, good
>>
>>81522911
>>81523034
>muh gf's son: the posts

>>81523266
hot...then again i love Paquette's women...
>>
>>81523266
Diana's got good taste, thank the fucking lord.
>>
>>81523322
Fuck off. Steve is my self insert
>>
>>81523266
And thank you for posting that pic at my request, Anon.
>>
Is this worth buying? Also how much is this gonna be?
>>
>>81523736
$12 on IST
>>
>>81523872
In the car so I can't really check. Just comic stores or chain bookstores too?
>>
>>81524183
Comic stores have exclusivity the first week, everyone else will have it next week
>>
File: 1066494-io_01.jpg (63 KB, 529x640) Image search: [Google]
1066494-io_01.jpg
63 KB, 529x640
>>81523266
Io was better
>>
>>81524513
>tfw Rucka mentioned her so he's probably bringing her back
>tfw it's 2016 so he might make them gay in Year One
>>
>>81516171
But if we don't have female writers how can we tric- I mean persuade those tumblr dollars to come to us. Who cares if a character gets shafted so long as it tells ye right narritive
>>
>>81524202
Guess I'm going to bedrocks
>>
>>81524513
IO is old news, like Steve, new WW needs Batwoman shipping after the soulcrushing debacle that was SM/WW.
>>
>>81524904
Wonder Woman and Batwoman...? Together? In a relationship? Okay, give it to me.
>>
>>81524904
>Wonderbat
No no

Diana's next lover will be Reneé
>>
>>81524904
Diana/Kate is clearly the superior Wonderbat
>>
>>81518487
>my bodies the best its ever been
no its not bitch, you can be fat if you want but fuck you for believing its who you are
>>
>>81525472
Maybe she was even fatter before
>>
>>81520975
So much this. Equallity would mean the only thing that matters is the skill of the writer. Nothing else.

Can't wait to pick this up this weekend
>>
>>81516195
Grant Morrison is a cool bro. I wish more people would be like him.
>>
>>81515839
>>None of them are women.
Reminder that WW herself was created by a man.

Reminder that most of her good runs have been written by men.
>>
>>81526359
She was created by a man, but he continually credited his wife with the idea
>>
>>81521705
/lgbt/ is getting triggered? Links, I need that sweet tranny rage.
>>
>>81515992
>Wonder Woman is gay now

Dropped.
>>
>>81527943
Nah, /lgbt/ rarely gets triggered. When Sense8 came out there was a flood of people to the board. Most of those threads were either ignored as bait or developed into good conversation about the show.

To say this has anything close to the impact of a netflix show by JMS and the worshowskis is just fucking idiotic.

Sense8 was also great.
>>
>>81523872
>25 digerydoodoos actually

Fffffff.... scans when?
>>
>>81529678
>broke for another 2 weeks.

Fuuck!
>>
>>81518050
>man
>complains about no women making comic
>a comic he thinks is very good at feminism
>but, were da woman at tho?

LMAO you can't make comedy like this even if you tried.
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.