[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warners Bros. releasing fewer films because of Batman v Superman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
>It's got Batman and Superman! You're insane if you think it won't easily cross a billion!

Where were you when BvS turned out to be so bad it might buckle the entire studio?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-mulls-releasing-films-881265
>>
Honestly, ever since that report of how they were "worried at how focus groups responded to the film" I started thinking WB was probably slowly losing their shit more and more over time
>>
>>81513564
Doug and Rob Walker were right when they said how fucking pathetic it is that a GODDAMN BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE is something that underperforms and is a movie that even people who liked it wouldn't go out and see it more than once.
>>
Batman dick riding finally gets WB what they deserve.

Not like they'll learn anything from it though.
>>
>>81513652
Batman is pretty much the only reason it's making any money at all
>>
>>81513652
>Batman dick riding finally gets WB what they deserve.
Actually, if anything, they're going to dickride Batman harder
>>
>>81513564
You know what the worst part is is that we're probably not going to get Shazam. Shazam was the movie we really needed, because if that's good then they'd finally get the message to stop this maudlin shit.
>>
>>81513564
Article literally says WB has no plans to change anything but directors will fix BVS's shortcoming.
>>
>Allowing Snyder to direct 2 flops
WB did this too themselves
>>
File: DC vs Marvel.jpg (84 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
DC vs Marvel.jpg
84 KB, 604x311
>>81513564
>Snyder took a shot at the Marvel Universe in an interview with The Daily Beast. While addressing Steven Spielberg’s comments that “there will be a time when the superhero movie goes the way of the Western,” the filmmaker said Marvel heroes are a dime a dozen.

>“I feel like he’s right. But I feel like Batman and Superman are transcendent of superhero movies in a way, because they’re Batman and Superman,” Snyder said while promoting Doritos’ final Super Bowl filmmaking contest. “They’re not just, like, the flavor of the week Ant-Man — not to be mean, but whatever it is. What is the next Blank-Man?”

And then Ant-Man got better reviews that Batman v Superman. And a better audience reaction. And got better openings in several countries. And kept topping for several weeks while BvS declined. And got a sequel greenlit despite being a "flavor of the week" and not a "trascendent".
>>
>Read article
>There's actually no evidence that anything is changing
>WB maintains nothing is changing
>"Well it would make sense for them to do something different"

Ok.
>>
File: 1458840640874.webm (3 MB, 320x410) Image search: [Google]
1458840640874.webm
3 MB, 320x410
>>81513771
speaking of antman

>>>/toy/5588789

But seriously though, it's a big disappointment to see the biggest audience-magnet title go flop in criticism and for the future of the series.
>>
>>81513564

You mean Pan and Jupiter Ascending bombing, BvS underperforming.

>>81513620
I think there's a strong case to be made about how Marvel has slowly poisoned the well, if you will, and conditioned people to only want action comedies from capeshit.
>>
But when you REALLY think about it, is it so strange?

WB is the same studio that *honestly* thought Pan and Jupiter Ascending would be hits. It's the same studio that hired the writer of Pan to make Wonder Woman's screenplay.

I mean. Come on. These are not smart people, even by executive standards.
>>
>>81513760
>hiring Snyder after 300
>and Watchmen
>and Sucker Punch
>and Legend of the Guardians
He's clearly got pictures of the TW/WB execs fucking little kids or something
>>
>>81513771
I dare you to find anything memorable about Ant-man. It's the usual hollywood pap and disappears from your memory as soon you see it. It's a shallow film for a film genre content with being shallow.
>>
>>81513904
Well technically Pan could've had enough to attract nostalgia and prequelfags to it.
>>
>>81513817
WB "not changing" has lost them hundreds of millions recently.
And not because if BvS (that's just the most recent high-budget failure), but because the studio is run by archaic dinosaur people for whom creativity and ingenuity vanished thirty years ago at least.

They are so obsessed with doing the "safe" film that "has been proven to work in the past" by them that they'd rather close their fucking eyes then admit anything could ever be wrong and turn out a barely financially solvent product instead of changing the way they do things.
The problem is it's dragging DC down with them.
>>
>>81513905
Watchmen Extended Cut was good though.
>>
>>81513925
Man say what you will about BvS, but that movie is just fucking weird. It's like the weirdest blockbuster I've ever seen in my life, but at least it's stuck with me in some meaningful way.
>>
>>81513897
>I think there's a strong case to be made about how Marvel has slowly poisoned the well, if you will, and conditioned people to only want action comedies from capeshit.
Then why did Fox's X-Men series do well? And god knows they had the worst fucking advertising for it too. This isn't the fault of anyone else but WB for releasing a turd and hoping people wouldn't notice
>>
File: 1437451459498.png (159 KB, 872x471) Image search: [Google]
1437451459498.png
159 KB, 872x471
>>81513925
That's easy. If not Hank fucking Pym, the giant ass tank he brought with him.

That and the bathroom scene.
>>
>>81513925
>ANTS
>The shrinking scenes
>Based Pym
>The single dad and his relationship with his daughter
>The fact that the ex-wife's new husband isn't treated as an asshole and ends up being Scott's friend
>Tons of jokes
>Everything about Luis
>The Falcon
>Yellowjacket
>Thomas the Tank Engine
>>
>>81513936
>They are so obsessed with doing the "safe" film that "has been proven to work in the past" by them that they'd rather close their fucking eyes then admit anything could ever be wrong and turn out a barely financially solvent product instead of changing the way they do things.
The weird thing is that Marvel has proven that superheroes that aren't grim and dark work, yet WB refuses to take any other route even though grim and dark clearly isn't connecting with audiences.
>>
>>81513950
I just watched the Ultimate Cut last night, it's actually unreal in how much better it is than the release cut.

I am honestly anticipating a bit of a reappraisal for BvS when the Director's Cut comes out. That Communion scene they put out made me do a total 180 on Eisenberg's Luthor alone.
>>
>>81513564
> known for its commitment to filmmaker- and star-driven projects, but sources see signs of a change in culture, though the studio denies there is one. Several executives and agents say Warners seems to be greenlighting fewer homegrown movies as it focuses on silos that echo those that generate so many hits for Disney (Marvel, Lucasfilm, Pixar and Disney Animation). In Warners' case, the silos are DC Comics, Lego and a planned franchise spun off from theHarry Potterseries. Tsujihara has touted that trio as the linchpin of his film strategy, and now, much like Disney, has eschewed all but a few original live-action films. Overall, sources say there is an understanding Warners is aiming to release fewer homegrown films than the industry-leading 21 it did in 2015. The studio still will make some movies from "family" directors including Affleck, Clint Eastwood, Christopher Nolan and Todd Phillips. But the emphasis is elsewhere. One insider says the studio will remain a dominant distributor, but "when you get to almost a movie every other weekend or a period where there's a movie three weeks in a row, that's too much."
Literally exact opposite mesage
>>
>>81513979
Juan Punch Man for Avengers when?
>>
>>81513897
This. Disney is just selling us commercials for their next movie and everyone think that's how Superheroes movies are supposed to be.
>>
>>81514017
Like Daredevil Affleck's movie was when the extended cut was released. Heck they even had a nice Kingpin and a good version of Bullseye.
>>
>>81513925
>ANTS
>Baskin Robbins not playing
>Juan Punch Man
>ex-wife having bro tier husband
>Waspgirl beating the shit outta Scott
>Old wise Michael Douglas
>Token movie romance done completely out of sight
>Size changing shenanigans
>>
>>81514008
Grim and Dark is not the safe bet, light and campy is the safe bet.
>>
>>81513925
>The spanish guy story-telling
>The fight inside the briefcase
>The final fight in a Thomas The Tank Engine toy

AND MANY MORE!
>>
>>81514008
Apparently the film section of WB isn't run by an individual. It's run by a committee.
That's automatically a terrible idea.
>>
>>81513897
>I think there's a strong case to be made about how Marvel has slowly poisoned the well
Explain X-Men franchise and both Dark Knight movies released during the MCU?

>>81513925
The shrinking scenes were pretty amazing. I haven't seen ingenuity for shrinking used that well since Honey I Shrunk the Kids

Also it's about two fathers
>>
>>81513979
>Everything about Luis
This guy is like Scott's Falcon or War machine, right? the sidekicks should have their own squad for Inifinity wars.
>>
>>81513897
Can't wait for Suicide Squad and Apocalypse to come out already so you muh quip Snyder faggots get BTFO forever.
Don't blame Marvel for BvS being abysmal.
>>
>>81514044

One of the worst scenes in BvS is watching Wonder Woman watch commercials for WB's superhero lineup.
>>
>>81513897
>I think there's a strong case to be made about how Marvel has slowly poisoned the well, if you will, and conditioned people to only want action comedies from capeshit.
Sure, if you ignore X-men, the netflix stuff, the Nolan movies, the fact that even the most blatant comedy still had dramatic moments, and the most praised MCU movie being the most "serious one" and anything else that contradicts your viewpoint, you have a pretty strong case.

The problem isn't that Snyder's movies were "serious", the problem is you people keep confusing "serious" for dour and maudlin. It's BORING and a slog to get through. Even arthouse and prestige pictures remember that you need some levity to balance out all that drama, because levity is what gives drama weight and that they lack of it robs drama of its strength.

Maybe if you assholes could think about acting like 14 year olds and screaming about dance offs you'd realize that it's not a zero sum game.
>>
>>81514081
Exactly, which is why it's weird that people are saying that WB are taking the safe route when they're clearly not.
>>
So at what point is WB going to abandon super heroes and try to make a Mad Max cinematic universe?
>>
>>81513732
>Shazam, Dark Universe and Blue and Gold are the most likely movies to get cut
Why even live, /co/?
>>
>>81514100
>Apocalypse
Pretty safe bet
>Suicide Squad
Antiheroes featuring the Joker and Batman. We'll see how that one does.
>>
>>81513925
Have you ever seen a single hero movie (hell movie in general) where the new husband of a character's wife who is against the hero becomes a bro and is welcome with the main hero being with the family and isn't treated like an asshole?

Cause I haven't
>>
>>81514130
Cyborg is the most likely film to get cut, WB jumped he gun anouncing his movie.
>>
>>81513771
>And then Ant-Man got better reviews that Batman v Superman. And a better audience reaction. And got better openings in several countries. And kept topping for several weeks while BvS declined. And got a sequel greenlit despite being a "flavor of the week" and not a "trascendent".

Snyder isn't any humble. At least Ant-man writers/directors put some effort on doing a enjoyable movie instead of relying on batman and superman brand.
>>
>>81514130
>Shazam
I guess Mark Millar's "Superior" movie would probably get released first int he future.

>>81514126
They're gonna need George to make it authentic.
>>
>>81514159
You can say a lot of things about BvS, but the idea that no one put in any effort is lunacy.
>>
>>81513955
Even Deadpool which critics claimed to be The Gamechanger for Superhero movie didn't really changed the game but this movie did.
>>
I think it's weird and pretty ironic that Marvel film's are "safe" and "formula" but WB's one size fits all answer of "Put more Batman in it!" is totally A-Okay.
Green Lantern sucks? Don't worry! Green Lantern 2 will be darker and edgier!
Superman Returns underperformed? Let's make the reboot more like Batman and angst it up!
Man of Steel got a lot of criticism? That's okay we'll put the REAL Batman in the next one!

Maybe when you fags are sitting through Batman v Cyborg: Booyah Begins it'll finally sink in.
>>
Sure batman may be a dark character, but superman is not he is powered by the yellow sun for Christ sakes. Superman is the human embodiment of goodness and he cannot be portrayed as an emo faggot.
>>
>>81514190
Oh I think Deadpool is going to be a gamechanger but not in a good way
>>
>>81514190
Deadpool just changed minds on R-rated movies for the future, but probably for capemovies only.

BVS changed the game for DC's future film series.
>>
>>81513963
Because X-Men is a 16 year old franchise at this point that managed to turn the tide after two incredibly awful movies and to a degree won the goodwill back from the fans. There's also an entire generation that grew up watching the movies, with its own familiar tone, so it has got its own separate identity that sets it apart from the Marvel movies without inviting comparisons. The X-men also feel less like superhero flick in general because it's basically fighting extinction in nearly every movie and there's a lot of built continuity, when they aren't retconning it.
>>
Snyder says a lot of dumb shit

>Superheroes talking in costume for more than five lines is silly

>Superman is genetically predisposed to want to wear a cape

>A THOR MOVIE? IN THE CURRENT YEAR?

>The Galactic Empire caused a lot of destruction, then so can Superman.

>Batman of manslaughter.

>Nolan's Batman kills too and I have the youtube video that proves it.

>The popular notion that Batman doesn't kill comes from Tim Burton's movies.

>Batman totally killes people in The Dark Knight Returns

>There's no place for Jimmy Olsen in the DCEU, let's turn him into a CIA agent and shoot him in the head. Incidentally, book Black General, Asian Major and Indian Daily Planet assistant for my entire trilogy. Squeeze in a Not-Snowden cameo too.

>I don't even know what that thing with the Flash was all about, it just looked cool.

>B-but the Avengers destroyed their city too...

>The true Superman fans will like my movie, everyone else is too stupid to get them.
>>
>>81513897

stop lying, People just love the dark knight movies
>>
>>81514110
No, you're confused; they're taking the safe bet for ten years ago, back when their first Batman film since Schumacher made any money.
The issue is that WB is trying to replicate (by committee no less) what made these films successful without actually having a creative bone in their bodies or an understanding of why they were successful at all, and so are assigning people that they THINK understand the material to make up the gaps in their own knowledge and lack of creativity.

They are trying to make a good film by doing standbys for their superhero films; "Batman sells right? More Batman, put him in the title! Dark sells right? Make it dark and serious! Snyder reads comics, right? Make him in charge! Affleck reads comics, right? Make him Batman!"

No one at their movies division knows how to handle their comic book properties and they're just sort of flailing around trying to do what worked for everyone else before them as they see it.
>>
>>81513925
The visuals were way more inventive than anything Snyder has done, for all the shit we hear about his visuals. It makes the best use of super-powers of pretty much any cape movies, and isn't that the fucking point?
>>
>>81514255
First two were alright. The third tried to be way too big for its own good and because they don't even reference the Joker for the sake of Harvey's death, it feels a bit underwhelming, not to mention some plot holes.
>>
>>81514110
>Exactly, which is why it's weird that people are saying that WB are taking the safe route when they're clearly not.
They're taking the safe route in the sense that they are relying on the character and tone that has been the only consistently successful live-action franchise they have, that being Batman.
>>
>>81514094
Marvel was only starting to get its sequel bait hype machine into gear during the Nolan films, TDKR was always going to get people due to the massive success of the previous film. And after Avengers there was so much good will that people even forgave Thor 2 for being an absolute piece of shit with minimal backlash.
>>
>>81514225
>what is NolanBats
Which once again leads us to the conclusion "the well wasn't poisoned, BvS was just a fucking turd"
>>
>>81514102
And it's even not that bad of a scene, just extremely out of place.
>>
>>81514130
[spoilers]I could actually see Shazam getting put in The Flash series. So far they'd had the balls to just be as idealistic as fuck and do the absolute corniest things without blinking. I mean they're going to put in the JSA later on, it's just a hop and a skip away from Captain Marvel.[/spoiler]
>>
>>81514104
The nolan movie are grandfathered in.
>>
>>81514339
>Marvel was only starting to get its sequel bait hype machine into gear during the Nolan films
Oh so it's a "specific time" now. At first it was the MCU as a whole but now it was just "the ones after The Avengers". Give it a fucking rest.

Audiences didn't like Green Lantern or ASM2 either. What's your excuse for those
>>
File: 1458855244425.png (53 KB, 240x242) Image search: [Google]
1458855244425.png
53 KB, 240x242
>>81514326
If they had rights to do a Daredevil movie, they'd make the costume darker than red, slightly longer horns and his radar sense to mimic the Arkham games' detective mode visually.
>>
>>81513564
I'm upset. There were a lot of good parts to this film. Hell I could say I greatly enjoyed the first half of this movie, but it just fails to deliver on what it tries to build.
It fails to show Superman as this god-like hero
It fails to set-up Lex's hate properly.
Tbh the problem with this movie is Superman. It feels likethere were two opposing forces writing the film, likely Terrio and Goyer. One person wanted to write a movie about the glory of Superman, and the other wanted to make a movie about how dangerous and unrealistic superman would be. I don't know how this film got made at all. They fucking kill superman. what made anyone think this was a good idea?
Really what was needed was a second superman movie before this showing him rebuilding metropolis, working on his public image and then foiling one of Luthor's plans. It's all just too much too fast and nothing gets done. Ben Affleck is a phenomenal Batman though and I liked how they highlighted how haunted and paranoid the character is. Just wish he wasn't pancaking people with the batmobile.
5/10
>>
File: 1458565270661.png (238 KB, 347x418) Image search: [Google]
1458565270661.png
238 KB, 347x418
>>81514225
>this entire post of mental gymnastics
>>
>>81514258
>No one at their movies division knows how to handle their comic book properties and they're just sort of flailing around trying to do what worked for everyone else before them as they see it.
I kind of feel bad for Geoff Johns. Odds are people ignore everything he has to say.
>>
I think we need to ask a serious question here and question, put aside Avengers or even Iron Man 3, is BvS even going to beat TDK?
>>
>>81514399
>Oh so it's a "specific time" now.

Hence the words "slowly" in the sentence.
>>
File: p15900_d_v8_aa.jpg (276 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p15900_d_v8_aa.jpg
276 KB, 960x1440
>>81513771
> the next Blankman
>>
>>81513564
>Where were you when BvS turned out to be so bad it might buckle the entire studio?
>After an abysmal run of expensive underperformers including Jupiter Ascending, Pan and In the Heart of the Sea
>>
>>81514411
>It fails to show Superman as this god-like hero
I'd argue that it does show Superman as a god-like hero. Far too much for its own good.
>>
>>81514110
>Hey the Dark Knight was a huge success, maybe we should do that for Superman too

the movies even fucking called "Man of Steel"
>>
>>81514436
Fuck no. No chance in hell at the rate the numbers are dropping. It's gonna take a miracle for it to break a billion. They're probably just gonna make back their costs
>>
>>81514443
The idea that you still think the idea that audiences are being "poisoned" and not that "they just make likable movies" astounds me. And more importantly, way to completely ignore my other points like the success of X-films and the rejection of Green Lantern ASM2
>>
>>81513905
Only Sucker Punch was truly bad
>>
>>81514418
OPM live-action when?
>>
File: u.gif (330 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
u.gif
330 KB, 300x300
>>81514454
>yfw Blankman has a higher critical score than BvS
>>
>>81514462
Straw that broke the camel's back anon
>>
>>81514480
Watchmen sucked. I don't care about the definitive cut, I'm talking about the one in theaters. Legend of the Guardians also sucked.

300 isn't very good, despite being visually great
>>
So when does this nigga get part of the blame/praise for whatever happens with DC and WB?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Roven
>Charles Roven (born August 2, 1949) is an American film producer, president and co-founder of Atlas Entertainment.
>Batman Begins (2005)
>The Dark Knight (2008)
>The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
>Man of Steel (2013)
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
>Suicide Squad (2016)[1]
>Wonder Woman (2017)[2]

Also his wife's name was Dawn Steel.
>>
>>81514480
300 and his Dawn of the Dead were really bad too faggot
>>
>>81513897
You fags who keep blaming Marvelfans for the failure of this film are just pathetic. And you can bitch and moan about that particular audience enjoying muh quips all you want but it just doesn't hold. If audiences really want action comedies for their superhero films then can you explain the success of the X-Men franchise? Or why the Netflix Daredevil series is being praised as one of the best parts of the MCU? Or why Winter Solider is being praised as the best MCU movie when it's a political thriller and not an action comedy? The muh quips argument doesn't really hold because of those examples. The real reason BvS was so poorly received is Zack Snyder. He just can't direct a good movie. The movie was boring and the director came off as ametuerish and pretentious. It's bad if I'm nodding off in the middle of a fucking superhero movie. The movie has potential and if it were reworked it might come out better. The R rated version may fix a lot of the issues with it but honestly I'm not gonna hold my breath.
>>
>>81514497
The back might have been broken even without the straw
>>
>>81514143
Daddy's home that will ferrel movie
>>
>>81514512
Part of the reason Snyder gets so much blame in comparison to anyone else is because he can't keep his mouth shut. He's constantly braying about how smart his ideas are and how he doesn't get why everyone likes everything else better.
I don't think I've ever read an interview with the guy that didn't have at least one line that left me thinking "Wow, what a dumb ass".
Even if they don't kick him out WB needs to learn how to gag the guy in public.
>>
>>81513710
Except it was by dick riding Batman and trying to make Superman down to Earth and dark that they fucked themselves over.

People love Batman.
People fucking hate Batman rip offs.
>>
>>81513925
Michael Douglas as Hank Pym was in it's entirely, better than any scene, any character interaction, any piece of dialogue of the entirety of the BvS.
>>
>>81514468
>the movies even fucking called "Man of Steel"
Maybe if it was called "Man of Tomorrow" it wouldn't be so cold and grey.
>>
File: 1459197592886.webm (1 MB, 734x302) Image search: [Google]
1459197592886.webm
1 MB, 734x302
>>81514525
>movie when it's a political thriller and not an action comedy
>A movie where a mathematical code can determine if a kid will be a threat in the future
>Not a comedy
You laugh at the movie, not with it.
>>
>>81514348
Nolan's Batman started before MCU was a thing, was concluded, and then people moved on, to Marvel that is in the business of continuing sequel hype. And they've been so good at it that they've slowly managed to get people (and critics) associate capes with their cookiecutter mold of film making.
>>
>>81514608
Right which is why I think they will dickride Batman harder because "hey people love Batman"

Heck they're doing it already. MoS underperformed so instead of getting MoS2 we had to get Batman in his movie and then Supes dies so now we get Batman as the lynchpin of the universe. I expect that Affleck directed solo Batman film announcment any day now
>>
>>81514657
What about the X-Men movies?
>>
File: buckle up.jpg (60 KB, 299x415) Image search: [Google]
buckle up.jpg
60 KB, 299x415
So, Avengers/Justice League crossover film when?
>>
>>81514656
But the Math was pretty simple anon.
If kid's aryan = A-ok.
Any other ethnicity = Shoot it on the head.

They ARE super nazis after all.
>>
>>81514597
I'm not saying Snyder doesn't invite and deserve all the shit he gets, it's just weird that this guy who's produced almost all the DC movies since Begins (and all the succesful ones notably) is never ever mentionned anywhere.
Why is this guy so under the radar?
>>
>>81514697
He already covered by saying "muh nostalgia". Basically, everyone but WB are too blame for BvS doing poorly because WB are too pure to fuck up
>>
>>81514656
Whoever made this WEBM should actually watch some political thrillers from the 70's to see just how fucking dumb they could get in the action department.
>>
>>81513963

and then comes Deadpool with the comedic comedy making more money than any x-men film
>>
>>81514722
But anon teenagers dont watch movies past 2003
>>
File: 1459951762459.jpg (91 KB, 721x721) Image search: [Google]
1459951762459.jpg
91 KB, 721x721
>>81513897

>Blaming Marvel for Synder's fuck-up

I feel legitimately sorry for Ben and Cavell. They both tried so hard.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (92 KB, 390x592) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
92 KB, 390x592
>>81514700
BvS was their ASM2. They're going to pretend to go on with their lofty shared universe before decided it's better to let Marvel do a film so they get the boost then ride off of it like Sony is planning to do.

Getting to see this after Infinity War will be great.
>>
>>81514597
People also like blaming Goyer, because he also says dumb crap in interviews

>>81514715
Because most people have never heard of him, he isn't visible and he never takes credit for any ideas
>>
>Now, with DC movies dated through 2020, the outcome has led to a flurry of rumors that the studio will make adjustments — maybe add a new producer? — rather than allow BvS director Zack Snyder to proceed with the two-part Justice League.

>Snyder
>two-part Justice League
>two-part

Behold, everything wrong with Snyder in one line. Several of Marvel's movies have sucked, but they spent YEARS building up a shared universe and, with The Avengers, released a pretty well-paced team-up movie.

Snyder, whose sense of pacing has been criticized since before MoS (who else saw Sucker Punch?), is expected to make not one but TWO superhero team-up movies. Given the nothing's-fucking-happening nonsense of BvS, I can only imagine how bad Justice League parts 1 and 2 would be...
>>
File: ant-man-13.jpg (57 KB, 1260x684) Image search: [Google]
ant-man-13.jpg
57 KB, 1260x684
>>81513771
Remember that scene in Ant-Man where the building is about to implode on itself and Luis is about to escape but then he remembers the guard he knocked out and goes back at the risk of his own life and drags him out?

Yeah, fucking Luis had a hero moment to save a guy he didn't have to at all. That's the kind of inspiration we should be getting from Superman and yet it was found in Ant-Man
>>
File: Disney.jpg (92 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
Disney.jpg
92 KB, 600x448
>Meanwhile at a company with a successful cinematic universe

http://www.wired.com/2016/02/star-wars-gives-disney-its-best-quarter-in-company-history/
>>
>>81514730
I think it was less to do that it was a comedy and more to do that this was a movie about Deadpool, a very popular character who casuals kinda sorta know.
>>
>>81514657
Shifting the blame is for losers, Zack. Make a good movie, then we'll talk about why people don't want to see it.
>>
>>81514722
I watched Three Days of the Condor, no stupid action scene there.
>>
>>81514156
I think they'll keep the Cyborg movie since there's been a push for more minority lead roll heroes as of late.

If any movies going to cut, it's going to be Aquaman.
>>
>>81514656

>A movie where a mathematical code can determine if a kid will be a threat in the future

You're naive as fuck if you don't think profiling is a real thing anon.
>>
>>81514715
Because nobody really knows who he is. Do you think normies recognize Goyer or Terio?

They'll recognize Snyder though. Especially if you remind them he did 300
>>
>>81514783
Not to mention, if Marvel made it so only comedies sell to the public, why did Green Lantern tank
>>
>>81514715
>Why is this guy so under the radar?
Because he's a producer and they tend to avoid the spotlight unless they actively seek it our or are eccentric or controversial enough to have it thrust on them. And given the pedigree you sited for that guy, it's pretty clear that he's capable of putting money up for good movies and stinkers, so there's no real meat there.

Whereas Snyder? He's one self insert cameo away from being known as the white Shyamalan given his track record.
>>
Didn't Batman V Superman: Dawn Of A Franchise prove that you can't just rely on a brand and must have competent filmmakers making your films?

Great Caesar's Ghost! They made a Batman and Superman film that didn't blow up the box office when those. Sure it set some records for a weak month like March, but it doesn't seem to have legs. A Batman and Superman film should have been an out of the park home run, not double and limp to second base.

They handed the keys to their major brand over to an idiot. that didn't understand them or just outright despised them. Even DC in the 80s didn't let Alan Moore tarnish their newly acquired Charlton characters. Meanwhile, Warners in the 2010s gave Snyder full run on their two biggest names and drove them into the mire.

Yet that doesn't mean other directors with their own non-brand products aren't a good idea.

Just don't hire a fucking idiot like Snyder to screw up two of your biggest icons, especially if you wanna build an entire ongoing franchise based on it.

They clearly had no idea what the heroes of DC Comics ever stood for.

For some of the mistakes and let downs of Marvel films have had, they've never totally mismanaged their superheroes the way this idiot has completely tore down Batman and Superman.
>>
>>81514479
Green Lantern was a shitty movie, period. And AS2 was a result of the previous two Spidey movies not clicking with the audiences.
>>
>But sources with firsthand knowledge of the situation say the studio has no such plans.
nice clickbait tho
watch this thread get 500+ posts
>>
>>81514807
I know it's a real thing but it's not based on math and certainly can't determine if someone is a threat 40 years from now.
>>
>>81514804
But Aquaman counts as a minority movie
>>
>>81514830
But they're action-comedies released during the MCU so the audiences should have immediately taken to them right?
>>
>>81514837
Silly anon, minorities are black.
>>
>>81514836

It doesn't even have to work. HYDRA just has to believe it does.
>>
>>81514772
>Several of Marvel's movies have sucked
I really only disliked Thor 2 and IM2 honestly. AoU was just disappointing but I can rewatch it
>>
>>81514797
The entire fight with the postman is schlock.
>>
>>81514836
You can if you are a super nazi who believes only Aryan babies are worth a shit.
>>
>>81514772
It's so weird how the guy can make 150 minute movies where he manages to spend too much/not enough time on all the wrong things. It doesn't fail, ever.
>>
>>81513897
The Daredevil series is dark as fuck and people love it.

BvS just isn't very good.
>>
>>81514102
And the main complaint about it has been
>Why couldn't they just do it in the after credits, Marvel style, like you're suppose to?
>>
>>81514635

no way, the opening scene in metropolis has more tension than all the marvel movies put together
>>
>>81514775
>Remember that scene in Ant-Man where the building is about to implode on itself and Luis is about to escape but then he remembers the guard he knocked out and goes back at the risk of his own life and drags him out?
I rewatched Ant-Man just today and that weirded me out. He had JUST Juan Punched out 2 guys in another room, and he doesn't bother even thinking about saving them from the implosion or whatever it was.
I understand these guys were just trying to shoot Scott, but still, just as much of security guards doing their job as the other guy.
>>
>>81514894
But that would have been PERFECT to have in the after-credits?

The one consistent complaint among everyone who's seen this is how the Justice League teasers are randomly in the middle of the film and how losing them changes nothing about it. Why would you not have that after the end or just someplace that is not the middle of the movie
>>
>>81514894
Because doing it after the credits means it doesn't break the narrative, genius. It's not like there's any other option, really
>>
File: mcu tiers.png (531 KB, 796x1271) Image search: [Google]
mcu tiers.png
531 KB, 796x1271
>>81514772
But Marvel has been mostly mediocre to good.

Snyder is a hack that thinks having a lot of slow motion = cinematic masterpiece
>>
File: dwayne-SUPERMAN-johnson.jpg (63 KB, 978x549) Image search: [Google]
dwayne-SUPERMAN-johnson.jpg
63 KB, 978x549
This all could have been avoided with one proper casting decision way back in 2011.
If only the current biggest movie star were playing Superman and not some B-list Villain this all could have been avoided.
>>
>>81514894

Well yeah. If you're gonna put a blatant ad for the next movie in then put it after the end credits.
>>
>>81514882
>schlock.

buzzword
>>
File: didio makes comics great again.jpg (28 KB, 206x384) Image search: [Google]
didio makes comics great again.jpg
28 KB, 206x384
The solution isn't to stop letting filmmakers have the call when creating films.

The solution is not to hire fucking idiots like Zack Snyder who can't even comprehend characters a child can identify like Superman and Batman.

At the very least hire someone who gives a shit about these characters from DC. Have someone as a creative director of these films.

Then again, with idiots like DiDio with his New52 fiasco and even idiots like Goyer formerly working at DC, I am not sure some of the people at DC are all that knowledgeable about DC characters.

Hell. A friend was saying how he heard about some e-mail that got sent out to DC from higher ups that their drop in sales was very concerning and that Warners needed DC to really get on top of things. Even the damn comics were already a problem for Warners. This movie underperforming probably makes things even more dire at those shiny new Cali DC offices.
>>
>>81514932
I think because those other guys were more in the open so it's more likely someone could have seen them and woken them up and the guy he knocked out earlier was hidden behind the panels so nobody would have seen him.
>>
File: 1458699396653.gif (865 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
1458699396653.gif
865 KB, 500x277
>>81514782
Well since they gain so much money, they could make more cartoons, eh?
>>
>>81514926
Douglas performance in Ant-Man is more entertaining than that scene. And he didn't even did that much, all things considered.
>>
>>81514843
Wait, GL was suppose to be an action comedy?
>>
>>81514964
>IF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE SUPES IS COOKIN
>>
>>81514894
They're already stealing the very concept of a modern cinematic universe they might as well go whole hog and steal the after credits thing too. It's better then what we got.
>>
>>81514810
It's nothing to do with normies, people on /co/ know who Goyer and Terrio are and they're mentionned all the time, people here even have anecdotes about them like when Blade tried to strangle Goyer on set.
Roven never is even mentionned and he's probably the guy who's had the most influence on DC movies in the last decade.

Even his wikipedia article is empty as fuck.
>>
>>81514926
Not reall. The scene was a rehash of the climax of Man of Steel. We knew that there would be death and devestation and tons of people would die and buildings would be destroyed, but that Bruce would be fine.
>>
>>81514963
None of that belongs in the shit tier except maybe Iron Man 2 and the first season of AoS
>>
File: 1459846580100.jpg (298 KB, 1303x1315) Image search: [Google]
1459846580100.jpg
298 KB, 1303x1315
>>81514963
>guardian of the galaxy god tier
I mean I liked the movie but come on, at least take a step down
>>
>>81514963
IM3 is at least at Thor level
>>
>>81514985
Better, it was supposed to be an Iron Man knockoff.
>>
>>81514926
How does it have more tension if we know what happens? It was interesting to see it from another angle yes, but tension? What? are we supposed to think Bruce is gonna die?
>>
>>81514956
>>81514942

The JL cameos directly feed into building the idea that Lex could figure out Batman and Superman's identities so much in advance. They ran a bit long, I'll admit, but that's the only real problem with them.
>>
>>81514775
>some human thief side character in Ant-Man is on the same level as Superman saving people in a Superman movie

It's called perspective.
Get some.

Superman is supposed to be the fucking ideal of saving people. That's the whole fucking point of Superman. If he isn't saving people, then why the fuck are you making a Superman movie?

Superman isn't a man.
He's a platonic ideal of a superhuman that will never stop trying to save everyone.

He's more powerful than all the Avengers combined.

You can't even point to the Avengers and complain they didn't save enough people too.

He's better than the Avengers. He should be.
>>
>>81514190
>Even Deadpool which critics claimed to be The Gamechanger for Superhero movie didn't really changed the game but this movie did.

How? making WB do fewer movies
>>
>>81514883
But said Super Nazis were going to bomb Berlin.
>>
>>81514815
I'm not saying compared to Snyder, who's a director (they naturally get more spotlight), I'm saying compared to people like Feige, Rothman, Pascal, Loeb or Arad, names that anyone who's talked about cape movies for a while can recognize.
>>
>>81514926
>has more tension
Tension needs stakes and context to happen. Given that it was a flashback it's not like Bruce was going to die there or anything.
>>
>>81514978
>with idiots like DiDio with his New52 fiasco

Diane Sawyer.

Why are namefags always so uninformed?
>>
>>81514963
>AoU
>Mid tier
>Incredible Hulk
>High tier

I actually liked Hulk but come on, it was okay, not high tier. And Daredevil is trash, but I know I'm in the minority when I say that.
>>
>>81515115
Don't forget John Peters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo2KB1dEDdk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53hMYw8LX60
>>
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/batman-v-superman-needs-to-make-upwards-of-925-million-at-the-box-office-to-make-a-profit-a6961156.html

Just reminding people
>>
>>81514979
Fair point.
>>
>>81513732
>Billy Batson's probably an Adam Lanza in Synderverse
>>
>>81515077
I'm not saying they shouldn't be in the movie at all (I mean, I would like them to not be but whatever), I'm saying why weren't they used at the end as a get hype piece instead of randomly in the middle? It adds nothing to the story and would accomplish the same goal by the end.
>>
>>81515103
>If he isn't saving people, then why the fuck are you making a Superman movie?

But he was saving people. Just because they don't rape your ears with the overuse if the classic Superman theme and have him carry people on his arms for several minutes does not mean he does save people.
>>
>>81513564
JUST FUCKING BOOT SNYDER JESUS

HOW IS THIS SO HARD TO GET
>>
WB has always been shit, at least for the last 10 years

They put all their eggs into Nolans Batman and Harry Potter and now are scrambling to make a "franchise" rather than just good movies

Good riddance to bad garbage
>>
>>81515249
>people are now shitting on Williams' Superman March
The lengths people will go to defend Snyder's shit
>>
File: 1447677104160.jpg (22 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
1447677104160.jpg
22 KB, 575x323
>>81515077
>Hez so smart cos he figured out all this cool shit off-screen

Yeah, quality writing right there

Stop rationalizing a fucking ad. Next you'll tell me the big, flashy SEARS logo during the Smallville fight in MoS was supposed to symbolize how the Kryptonian invasion was troubling america even in their everyday-life or some shit
>>
>>81515268
Welp, they pulled another HP movie out of their ass, time to get Nolan back for The Dark Knight Returns Again
>>
>>81515265
He just needs another chance with our multibillion-dollar properties. He'll knock it out of the park next time :)
>>
>>81513652

Except pretty much everybody agrees that Batfleck was the best aspect of the movie.
>>
You know what was disappointing about BvS? The scenes of Superman saving people were relegated to a slow-motion montage. Under a competent director, we could have had some cool action scenes, like Supes saving a sinking ship, or people in a burning building.
>>
>>81515265
As long as his wife and his company are producing these movies, he's staying around
>>
>>81515203
I checked the source on that one

They don't explain where they got the 925 million from.
>>
>>81514817

Zack is a conman

He conned his way into WB by tricking people he was some sort of misunderstood auteur who wanted to take the DC mythos into the next level and dug himself so far into all production that now you can't get rid of him.

We'll never be rid of him.
>>
>>81515189
And that nigga only produced 2 DC movies. Roven will have produced 7 by next year.
>>
>>81513971
It was disgusting how Cross didn't seem to mind getting any of that on his fingers.
>>
>>81515249
He was saving people, alright. He was saving people in the most annoyed way. He seemed to hate being Superman. That sucks. Superman shouldn't be jaded 2 years into his tenure.
>>
>>81515233
Because it successfully sets up the entire twist that Lex has been manipulating everyone for months by knowing who Batman and Superman really are. It works both as a hype teaser moment AND as a plot point.
>>
File: SupermanReturns-saves-plane.png (697 KB, 1440x600) Image search: [Google]
SupermanReturns-saves-plane.png
697 KB, 1440x600
>>81515331
Or saving another plane, because why not.
>>
>>81514044
>Disney is just selling us commercials for their next movie and everyone think that's how Superheroes movies are supposed to be.

ASM2 was nothing but a trailer for hypothetical sequels.

Fan4stic was a shitshow that sold itself as an enigma.

GotG is a complete movie. Winter Soldier is a complete movie. Ant-Man is a complete movie.
>>
File: haha time for death.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
haha time for death.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>81515295
>tfw European so you didn't even see any product placement that MoS was supposedly plagued with
>>
>>81515109
These guys are such Super Nazis, they're nazis to even other nazis.
>>
>>81515331
Making it a montage to begin with screams of "oh fuck we got to spend time on that shit? fuck it, let's make it a montage and go on with our B(v)S".
>>
>>81515440
Then where is the capital?
>>
>>81515354
Production budget was 250 million (although that's now being reported as 300 million), plus 150 million advertising budget (which is also being reported as higher) plus distribution budget.

So this movie cost anywhere between 400-500 for WB. Studio takes around 50% of the box office, means it needs to make between 800-1b to cover their costs, anything above that is profit
>>
>>81515103
>Superman isn't a man.
>He's a platonic ideal of a superhuman that will never stop trying to save everyone.

Clark has to rest sometime, numbnuts

God bless John Byrne.
>>
>>81515367
"Oh well, I guess I gotta save the little girl from this burning building I guess, oh jeez, now they're crowding around me, fucking hell go away normies reeeee"
"Guess I gotta drag this boat across the ice."
"Guess I gotta save this space shuttle now"
"Oh look there's some people down there on roofs reaching out to me for help. I mean, I guess I should save them and all but eh, do I really want to? Maybe I'll just think about it as I bask in the sun some more"
>>
>>81515465
Also Clark has a real job
>>
>>81515388
Okay but why have that in the middle? It completely breaks the pacing. Everybody who's reviewed this movie has stated this part is weird. There is no reason for it to be in the middle of the film
>>
>>81515203
I don't think the numbers needed are that high, but man, these movies make most of their money from the domestic box office of the first weeks, right?
Even ignoring the marketing budget (which i have to guess they mostly covered with that stuff like the Turkish airline commercials), the movie is only now getting past the $250 millions mark that was the official budget (which is rumored to be higher than that)
That can't be good
>>
>>81515403
>Winter Soldier is a complete movie.
Well.... you really need to have seen TFA to really get the characters. You can jump in, but it's certainly set up by the 1st movie.
And leaves things unresolved regarding Bucky.
So it's a gret movie imo, but no.

GOTG and Ant-Man, sure, they're origin movies, origin movies are usually fairly self-contained.
>>
>>81515521
The fact that it hasn't beaten Deadpool yet which didn't even open in China is probably enough of a flag
>>
>>81515456
Probably the Moon, that's how Super Nazis are.
>>
>>81514978

Bruce Timm should have been the Kevin Fiege of the movies.
>>
File: 1459916974948.jpg (18 KB, 199x196) Image search: [Google]
1459916974948.jpg
18 KB, 199x196
>>81513564
>DC movies fail
>DC comics improve

Why is this bad?
>>
>>81515403
It seems like now, Marvel is doing one movie that's a big tie-in to the main story of the cinematic universe a year, and one that is off to the side, still related but doing its own thing. TWS/GotG, AoU/Ant-Man, probably CW/Dr. Strange. It works.
>>
>>81515403
>GotG is a complete movie. Winter Soldier is a complete movie. Ant-Man is a complete movie.
And so is ASMS2 and BvS.
>>
File: PP9mehc.jpg (125 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
PP9mehc.jpg
125 KB, 2560x1440
>>81515432
I'm european myself, i never notices stuff like the ihops shop, but the Sears logo has a ridicolous presence in at least two shots, it's too obvious even if you can't recognize the brand
>>
>>81514126
Mad Max made no money even though it was the greatest action movie in decades and highly praised.
>>
>>81514932
Those were Hydra goons brought by YJ to secure the selling of the tech.
The dude he saved was an inocent security guard.
>>
>>81515582
BvS can't be a complete movie. It ends on like three cliffhangers and is basically a Part Zero for Justice League, not to mention we know NOTHING about Wonder Woman
>>
>>81515603
Mad Max won a bunch of Oscars though so the studio can be satisfied with that.

There's nothing in it for the studio with BvS.
>>
>>81515592
Well I didn't see it, I didn't even notice that the prisoner pods looks like dicks.
>>
>>81515603
>better than Dredd
>better than John Wick
>better than The Raid
Get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>81513620
>is a movie that even people who liked it wouldn't go out and see it more than once
Well you're completely wrong, BvS has some of the most repeat viewings of any blockbuster in the past few years at least.
>>
So did most of you faggots not even read the article?

They basically say they're taking less risks for non branded titles (Jupiter Ascending, Pan, Heart of the Sea) in lieu of doubling down on dc, lego and HP films. Hell they just slated 3 new dc movies...
>>
>>81514983

I disagree, I would rather watch The Game to see a real Michael Douglas performance
>>
>>81515612
>Those were Hydra goons brought by YJ to secure the selling of the tech.
I'm pretty sure they weren't. The Hydra guys were YJ's clients, not his goons.
>>
Did anyone here actually read the article? It says the exact opposite of the OP. We now live in the age of clickbait thread titles.
>>
>>81515009

you dind't get it then
>>
>>81514963
GotG should be High Tier
Hulk should be Mid Tier
Thor should be Shit Tier
>>
>>81515629
All the points you mentioned does not make it any less complete. 1984 ended with a cliffhanger and a LOT OF shit unanswered, but that book and movie is not any less complete then something like All quiet on the western front.
>>81515630
Yeah the Oscars that doesn't matter
>>
>>81515651
Yes, it was better than those.
>>
>>81515640
They looked so much like dicks I didn't notice they were prisoner pods.
>>
>>81515009
>>81515072
>>81515117

let me guess, you also are the same retards that think that Bruce and Clark became friends because their mom have the same name
>>
>>81515661
Source?
>>
>>81514722
>I-it's okay! Old movies were dumb sometimes, too!
Now who's making excuses?
>>
>>81515733
Dredd you could argue for, and maybe, maybe it could be better than John Wick. But there's no way it was better than The Raid.
>>
>>81515103
He was saving people you dumb fuck. At all of the complaint people have about DCEU Superman this is the dumbest one because you weren't actually paying attention.
>>
>>81514339
>Marvel was only starting to get its sequel bait hype machine into gear during the Nolan films

Iron Man came out the same year as the Dark Knight.
>>
>>81515757
I don't see you answering the question
>>
>>81515749
Then what do we make of this situation? I even browse /d/ and I still didn't see dicks.
>>
File: CfVO2GTUAAA411p.jpg (30 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
CfVO2GTUAAA411p.jpg
30 KB, 480x480
BATMAN IS ALWAYS PREPARED FOR EVERYTHING
>>
File: 1437043856734.png (345 KB, 576x592) Image search: [Google]
1437043856734.png
345 KB, 576x592
>>81515728
>Yeah the Oscars that doesn't matter

Any Oscar that TFA rightfully didn't win matters.
>>
>>81515780
>movies adapted from cape comics should never have "dumb" things happening in them
Are you even serious with that shit? The very premise is "dumb", get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>81515780
nice strawman faggot.
>>
>>81515265

You have to understand that for the execs at WB, hiring Snyder made perfect sense. All of his previous movies up until that point were decently successful adaptations of other properties (300, DoD, Watchmen).
>>
>>81515815
Well see now that's just you being acustomed to them. You see so many dicks obviously phallic things don't register with you.
>>
http://comicbook.com/2016/04/06/wonder-woman-movie-gets-moved-up-two-untitled-dc-films-get-relea/

>Warner Bros. has moved up the release date of Wonder Woman.

>The film has been moved from its June 23, 2017 release and will now open weeks earlier, on June 2, 2017.

>Warner Bros. also slotted two untitled DC Comics movies for Oct. 5, 2018 and Nov. 1, 2019.

Solo Batman possibly coming 2018.
>>
>>81514190
R Rated Lobo movie when?
Deadpool was the safest R rated film I've seen in a long time

At least Brothers Grimsby had elephant jizz in it
>>
>>81515843
Fine I was wrong, editing does matter. Best costume and make up less so.
>>
>>81515888
But he should have been let go after MoS.
>>
>>81515367
>WAH SUPERMAN WASN'T SMILING ENOUGH
OH GOD can this complaint get nore annoying? How puerile have we made Superman that if he doesn't bake us cookies while saving people that it makes his heroic efforts null and void?
>>
File: BITES ZAH DUSTOH.gif (1 MB, 250x134) Image search: [Google]
BITES ZAH DUSTOH.gif
1 MB, 250x134
>>81515890
There might be something in what you say, but if I see so many dicks then shouldn't obviously phallic things register even more?
>>
>>81515922
Was also decently succesful.
>>
>>81515103
Supefags are the most entitled and sanctimonious assholes.
>>
Hollywood is gonna crash, and it will be glorious
>>
>>81515922

It still made money though, which is what the execs saw. Sure, in competent hands, it could have made much more, in addition to being a better movie overall, but the ossified board directors that run WB are completely oblivious to that. It the same principle at work in the AAA games industry, the anime industry, etc.
>>
>>81515895

You can't imagine how hard I'm praying the earlier release date for Wonder Woman means the film is rock solid and they want to sweep as much of the month as possible.
>>
File: lexslapsquestion.gif (997 KB, 461x259) Image search: [Google]
lexslapsquestion.gif
997 KB, 461x259
>>81515895
So in a thread about WB abandoning their films, there is 2 new announced films?

Hmmmmmmm
>>
File: 1458044754087.jpg (86 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1458044754087.jpg
86 KB, 679x864
>>81515895
>dceu is dead
>scrap it all!
>>
>>81515969
No, it works like drug tolerance, the more you see of something the less it registers with you.
>>
>>81515982
I don't think this guy is a Superfag, they don't usually tend to qualify him as "not a man".
>>
>>81513740
facts are not allowed here anon.
>>
>>81516050

The original release was the same weekend as transformers, it's new release is with bad boys 3 and a week after pirates. A summer release is still an indicator that they are confident, if they moved it to march or July you could be worried
>>
>>81516050

More like "Oh shit, people hated Superman, and had mixed feelings about Batman, but they seem to like this Amazon chick we forcefully crammed in the movie. Better push her further while there is still some goodwill left."
>>
File: 1447104413506.jpg (1 MB, 5628x3348) Image search: [Google]
1447104413506.jpg
1 MB, 5628x3348
>>81515757
And you're one of those retards that comes up with an headcanon around "MUH MARTA" and then calls it official

For now i've seen at least 2-3 explanations flying around

There's the rather simple and thus most realistic version
>Batman realized Superman was a person* too
*please ignore that Batman was more than aware that all the other people he kil-- manslaughter'd before and after the Superman fight were persons with moms too

Then there's the "please WB give me more narrative-breaking ads" version
>Batman realized that losing her mom* was going to turn Superman into the Super-bad-dude from his visions
*please ignore that Flash said Lois was the key, not Martha

And then there's my personal favourite, "why can't you sheep see this totally real and not contrived at all character arc" version
>Batman realized that losing her mom was going to turn Superman into a vengeful murderer just like it happened to him so he finally sees Superman as a person and a new paragon of virtue thanks to which he decides not to kill anymore*
*please ignore that right after that he partially manslaughtered Luthor's small army, KGBeast at the very least
>>
>>81516073
Well it's settled then, I have to thank /d/ for making me see so many dicks.
>>
>>81514143
http://video.disney.com/watch/new-pet-ant-man-film-clip-52474898f7b2e91de32f275d

Only clip I could find, but I love how authentic it is. Both Scott and Bobby Cannavale celebrate Cassie doing a Cartwheel more than they do fighting supervillians. Like, Supervillains are just a day in the life, but Cassie's first Cartwheel? Now that's special!
>>
File: 1459873891702.jpg (13 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1459873891702.jpg
13 KB, 350x350
How nice now we got to see them make shitty Marvel rip-offs.
>>
>>81513564
>The biggest problem is that it is not turning DC into Marvel.

That's a good thing though. Nobody needs two Marvels.
>>
>>81515895

Well, I guess that's a goodbye to cyborg and maybe aquaman if all the recent talk of the flash/cyborg stuff turns out true
>>
>>81516119
>KGBeast at the very least
He's in SS, so not dead
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.