[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Superman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 311x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 311x473
Why is Superman not down with the brown /co/?
>>
>>81508039
>I am curious (BLACKED!)
ftfy
>>
He is, it's just Lois found a machine that would turn her black, dressed herself in a watermelon dashiki then aggressively asked to marry him.
The fact he's not flying off at sonic speeds speaks tomes of his Dalai-like patience for this insane woman.
>>
>>81508039
I have to admit, this is the ballsiest "trick Superman into marrying me" scheme Lois ever pulled. Trying to guilt him into marriage.
>>
>>81508039
He is a fucking alien but it still matters that she is black.
>>
>>81508039
Bitch, I didn't want want to marry you when you were white!
>>
>>81508039
Did "curious" mean something different at that time?
>>
>>81508262
Exactly what he says in the story.

It's a surprisingly good comic, btw. Lois uses mad science to become black and interview a few people that wouldn't speak to her when she was white.
I expected a lot of cringe moments before reading it, but it's nuanced and well-done.
>>
>>81508039
If I were Superman I'll say "With a hairstyle like that, no way!"
>>
>>81509036
The Superman vs. Muhammad Ali wasn't bad either.
>>
>>81509012

Yes people used the word's actual meaning instead of the "I want to fuck this" meaning it has now.
>>
>>81508086
>The fact he's not flying off at sonic speeds speaks tomes of his Dalai-like patience for this insane woman.
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>81509012
It's a reference to a movie called (for some godforsaken reason) "I Am Curious (Yellow)" which was a big hit for being the most Sixties thing imaginable. It being the Sixties, that was popular at the time.
>>
>>81509012
The comic's name is a reference to this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Curious_%28Yellow%29
>>
>>81509155
>>81509161
How does /co/ know such things?
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 528x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 528x800
>>
>>81508039
Black Lois a cute.
>>
>>81509071
>He doesn't like Afros.
>>
>>81509206
Before you can really call yourself /co/, you must attain the deepest Superman lore.
>>
>>81509206
I haven't seen the movie myself, and I don't remember when or where I first heard about it. But it's totally possible it was in some article discussing that Lois comic.
>>
>>81509084
I just remember the bit where Superman had to wear his costume in the ring with Ali because aliens wouldn't be able to tell them apart because they are both humanoid.
>>
Did (black) lois have a bigger butt??

I wish Lois had a line of "I am curious" comics. Like "I am curious (green)" [she becomes a martian]

or

"I am curious (furry)" [she becomes a werewolf]

and so forth
>>
My favourite about this was how he just happened to have this machine never used or referenced again. I like to imagine he still has it at the fortress of solitude.
>>
>>81509155
>>81509161
Which was also referenced in a really good Fall album.

>>81509206
Because our tastes aren't limited to comics.
>>
>>81512088
Obviously he defeated Count Blackula and took his Blackulator away expressly so the he could goad Lois into using it eventually and get a delicious black Lois girlfriend.
>>
>>81508039
Why did they name this after I Am Curious (Blue/Yellow) I know they were big movies, but it's not something kids back then would have watched.
>>
>>81509155
It was two movies Blue and Yellow. It was called that because it was Swedish and those are the colors on the Swedish flag.
>>
>>81513681
Wouldn't stop the adult writers from enjoying those puns. Plus they're tackling race shit so there's a chance they wrote this for adults.
>>
>>81508086
Also that's Silver Age Lois so it isn't like it was even Lois first marriage proposal to Superman that day.
>>
>>81512074
Nah dog, Jimmy is the one who does undercover werewolf reporting.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.