[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is Lucifer? I recently finished Sandman and loved it, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Lucifer.jpg (22 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer.jpg
22 KB, 250x375
How is Lucifer?

I recently finished Sandman and loved it, and have heard that this is supposed to be good as well.
>>
I think its not as good Sandman but still worth a read.
>>
It's very good.

It's also very different. While Sandman did have an overarching storyline, over half of it is a fantasy anthology series. Lucifer is much more arc-focused and deals with entirely different characters and areas of the Vertigo universe.

I think it's probably one of my top 10 comics overall.
>>
I'm basically, very slowly trying to go through them all. Except Swamp Thing, never interested me.

I loved Sandman. It was amazing. In my top 10.

Constantine? I was really surprised to find that I don't really like it. I loved the TV show, and the concept, but dated art and long drawn out arcs are just really boring me.

Lucifer, I don't know yet, I haven't really given it a chance so far. In theory, as I love anything with any sort of judeo-christian mythology, it should be my favorite. But, I also thought I would love Constantine. So my confidence is shaken.
>>
>>81493538
Better than Sandman, go for it.
>>
>>81494264
jump on to Mike Carrey's run of constantine that might give you a different perspective everything after that is really good. Milligan's run is kinda meh but more fun than the early stuff
>>
File: Jonn.png (44 KB, 127x161) Image search: [Google]
Jonn.png
44 KB, 127x161
>>81493955
>>81494697
I don't know who to trust
>>
>>81497304
By the time you've read it, you're not entirely sure. You don't want to say it's better because it's an ' 'amazing omgosh comic', but at the same time, you don't want to be called out for being some kind of Gaiman fan for calling The Sandman superior. It gives you more of Sandman while being its own thing, but without the Neilisms. Also, the panels read easier, at least up until the end sequences.

Shh. It must be experienced, then you can bitchwhinemoan about it. But like I said, first you must make it your strange bedfellow. It is a firm but gentle lover. Let it grip your shoulders with its talons, lean down, and whisper a wonderful story to you. That's it Anon. No tears, only dreams.
>>
Hes one of the most powerful villians there are in vertigo comcis
>>
File: 2089949-1_super.jpg (130 KB, 600x935) Image search: [Google]
2089949-1_super.jpg
130 KB, 600x935
>>81499876
>He's one of the most powerful villians there are in vertigo comcis.
No, he's the biggest c*nt in the vertigo comic cannon--and fucking proud of it!
>>
>>81499876
>Lucifer
>Villian

Sir, no, you've Missed the point entirely.
>>
File: 1392026954412.jpg (656 KB, 1280x1982) Image search: [Google]
1392026954412.jpg
656 KB, 1280x1982
>>81493538
>How is Lucifer?
M8, he's a gobshite is what he is; the biggest bastard you'll ever be unfortunate to meet. He's such a big prick. How big of a prick is he? He's such a big prick that before he had himself written out of the DC universe, he made sure that that no one else would be ever able to just go and take his place as the biggest cunt evah.

>>81500256
This guy gets it.
>>
File: lucifer-vertigo.jpg (249 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
lucifer-vertigo.jpg
249 KB, 1024x768
>>81493538
>OP Image
That's a deceptive picture you've got there. Lemme fix that for you.
>>
>>81494107
I agree with this. More arc-focused and different, but it still feels like the same universe with the same rules. And Lucifer and Mazikeen are great characters.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.