[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/, it's been a while since I bought a comic and was looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
/co/, it's been a while since I bought a comic and was looking to pick up a new one. I'm in the mood for something sentimental. What would you recommend that uses a cartoony/stylized aesthetic and has decent romance? Drama is fine, but I'd like a decent amount of levity.

Pic related

inb4 Scott Pilgrim is shit
>>
Barring that, I'd be down with whatever y'all might suggest as a comfy read.
>>
>>81492061
Back Science is pretty good. I don't think it goes into this category though
>>
>>81492212
Yeah, I looked it up and it seems like dramatic space pulp. Definitely something I'll consider for the future, but I'd really like a comic that's a little lighter in tone.
>>
>>81492341
The invader Zim comic is pretty good, as are the Avatar the Last Airbender ones
>>
>>81492409
Would prefer something original, rather than one that's attached to an existing series.

Although, are the ATLA comics actually any good? Loved the original series and if the comics do a decent job of keeping the same tone and spirit of the show I'll check them out.
>>
>>81491924
>What would you recommend that uses a cartoony/stylized aesthetic and has decent romance? Drama is fine, but I'd like a decent amount of levity.

read the rest of Brian Omalley's stuff (the author of scott pligrim)
>>
>>81491924

But it is shit, it's hipster bullshit.
>>
>>81492692
Already read Seconds, might check out Lost at Sea at some point.
>>
>>81492848
Check out Super Zero

Nextwave and Kieron Gillen's Young Avengers ( Marvel series but largely separate from the main continuity fuckery)
>>
The Li'l Depressed Boy doesn't really have the tone you're looking for but if you give it a chance you might like it.
>>
>>81493309
Fuggin shit I don't think I can find it as one book. I like my big ol' books.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.