[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: mangas with good comic adaptations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Cover-7.jpg (130 KB, 625x832) Image search: [Google]
Cover-7.jpg
130 KB, 625x832
ITT: mangas with good comic adaptations
>>
Bump of interest.
>>
post one

the comic adaptation of this was fuckin garbage
>>
>>81491113
>All you need is kil
It was shit, the manga was superior in every possible way .
>>
>>81493861
The movie was better, though.
>>
>>81493962
replied to the wrong comment, i love how the delete feature doesn't work anymore
>>
>>81491113
Can you name more? I only know about Cyborg 009 and All you need is kill. Any other adaptation?
>>
>>81494090
>>81491113
I bet those two are all the fucking adaptations out there, OP shoulg go and fuck himself.
>>
>>81493058
This
>>
>>81493861
>All you need is kil
there was a comic about that?
>>
>>81493427
I wouldn't call the comics adaptation of Cyborg 009 garbage... it was pretty competently executed for what it was. What it was, though, was something that probably wasn't necessary.

I thought it sort of missed the point of the original work. The original was groundbreaking in terms of its cutting edge (at the time) ideas about cybernetics and its multiracial/multicultural cast. The comic adaptation just repeated the same things, but stuff like cybernetics and multiracial hero teams in comics aren't really groundbreaking these days. I was hoping that the comic would push the medium the way the original manga did. It felt like a missed opportunity to do something special or different.
>>
>>81491113
While of course it's drawn well, I can't understand why this was made. Ishinomori's style is quintessential to the series and a lot of it's charm is lost in this more realistic style. Even with someone with a style like... let's say Jeff Smith would have worked better.
>>
File: Song of Saya 3-02.jpg (2 MB, 1336x2060) Image search: [Google]
Song of Saya 3-02.jpg
2 MB, 1336x2060
not manga but VN:

song of saya/saya no uta
>>
>>81501647
Jesus fuck this VN dude.

The twist about Saya at the end made me want to throw up.
>>
File: Song of Saya 2-21.jpg (1 MB, 1426x2044) Image search: [Google]
Song of Saya 2-21.jpg
1 MB, 1426x2044
>>81504064
she is your waifu
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.