[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
13 BEST MARVEL COMICS YOU SHOULD BE READING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 17
File: 2016-04-05 19.12.54.png (202 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-05 19.12.54.png
202 KB, 400x225
Is this list and their reasons for picking them /co/ approved?

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/04/05/13-best-marvel-comics-you-should-be-reading
>>
File: 1429367592362.jpg (31 KB, 508x595) Image search: [Google]
1429367592362.jpg
31 KB, 508x595
>>81489561
well, what does it say?
>>
>>81489561
>Hellcat
>Squirrel Girl
>Whor
>no Ultimates or New Avengers
Put this list in the trash where it belongs.
>>
Vision is good. Black Widow so far was a really nice action/thriller comic. I didn't even know there was a Silver Surfer ongoing right now.

Standoff is surprisingly good but bleh, event comics.

TAH, ANW and Doctor Strange are okay. I also think Hellcat is okay, but it's not for me. Everything else there is pretty bad.
>>
Given that Chulk is the only good book in the OP image I think I'll avoid clicking that link.
>>
>>81489741
Only good thing about Hulk is the art. The plot is boring as fuck.
>>
>>81489561
>IGN
It's shit
>>
>>81489561
>vision
>hulk
>wolverine
>ironman
well it covers everything I'm reading so I guess its cool
>>
File: 1452901996216.jpg (234 KB, 900x1378) Image search: [Google]
1452901996216.jpg
234 KB, 900x1378
I've been enjoying

>Ultimates
>Sam Wilson
>Avengers
>Amazing Spider-Man
>Iron Man
>Deadpool and Spidey

Everything else has been kind of hit-and-miss, or just plain bad

I wanted to like Karnak, but the goddamn delay killed the hype before it went anywhere

I'm sure I forgot something
>>
>>81489811
>IGN

what does that even stand for?

Internet Gay Niggers?
>>
>>81489561
Nah, that list is shit. Only 3 of the books on there are among the 13 best ANAD Marvel books and those are:
>Vision
>Totally Awesome Hulk
>Avengers Standoff!/Captain America

The other 10 are, in no particular order:
>New Avengers
>Ultimates
>Contest of Champions
>Carnage
>Squadron Supreme
>Hercules
>Squadron Supreme
>Ms. Marvel
>All-new Inhumans
>Captain Marvel

Either of those last two could probably be swapped with Karnak, but it's kinda hard to read something that's been delayed into oblivion.
>>
So what's on your Marvel pull-list?

>Vision
>Ultimates
>Hercules
>Squadron Supreme
>Karnak
>Black Widow
>Old Man Logan
>Captain Marvel
>Contest of Champions
>Standoff

Dropped Scarlet Witch, that shit's too boring even if I enjoy the rotating artists. Need to start reading New Avengers too, anything else I should check out?
>>
>>81489561
>Hellcat
>but no Moon Girl
nice try IGN
>>
>>81490036
I'd also concede to swapping either of those last two out for Uncanny Avengers. The first couple issues were shit but once Stegman's art improved, it really got going.
>>
>>81490040
Captain America
>>
I'm enjoying Scarlet Witch. Bit Constantiney.
>>
>13: The Mighty Thor
>By writer Jason Aaron and artist Russell Dauterman
>Writer Jason Aaron has been telling an epic Thor story for years, and the current chapter shows what happens when the Odinson becomes unworthy and Jane Foster picks up Mjolnir instead. She can make the hammer do things the old Thor never could, and so earned his blessing to take his beloved weapon and his name to become the new Thor and kick butt all across the Ten Realms. Artist Russell Dauterman is a master of creating momentum and energy, not to mention every page is exquisitely detailed, so as Thor hammers her way through Frost Giants, Ogres and Odin himself, you can feel the crushing impact.

>12: The Vision
>By writer Tom King and artist Gabriel Hernandez Walta
>The Vision’s comic is Blade Runner done in the style of a domestic drama. You know the Vision as a superheroic Avenger, but in his off time he’s decided to create a family: wife Virginia, son Vin, and daughter Viv. At first, it’s all kind of sweet, watching the Vision attempt to have a “normal” family life at home. But then the couple starts to have arguments, articulated in cold robot-philosophy, and the children have trouble with a bully school, not realizing just how strong their android bodies are. There’s a creeping sense of dread throughout this story, as writer Tom King and artist Gabriel Hernandez Walta make you both empathize and fear the Visions, creating a unique sci-fi family horror drama.
>>
>>81490101
Oh yeah I forgot to add Cap, I'm reading that too.
>>
>11: All-New Wolverine
>By writer Tom Taylor and artist David Lopez
>Logan is dead, and now his female clone, Laura Kinney aka X-23, has taken up the blue and yellow as the all-new Wolverine. Writer Tom Taylor and artist David Lopez waste no time tossing Laura headfirst into an action-packed thriller, a clone conspiracy like Orphan Black but turned up to eleven. Lopez goes absolutely nuts on the action scenes. She’s attitude and razor blades with a moral compass. The series is all about growing Laura's mythology instead of rehashing Logan’s, making this one of the most exciting and refreshing Wolverine stories in quite some time.

>10: Invincible Iron Man
>By writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist David Marquez
>Iron Man has never looked better. Artist David Marquez uses gorgeous cinematic layouts, plus he’s given Iron Man a new design that lets the armor break into a hundred tiny parts and reassemble into a giant laser cannon or a sharp sword or really whatever the situation calls for. Brian Michael Bendis wrote Iron Man for years on the Avengers, but he’s showing off the futurist like never before, dialing up the Robert Downey Jr. influence with lots of snark, laughs, and rare moments of warm vulnerability. The story pulses more off the characters than the plot, as Tony ties to date a woman just as genius as he is, all while a “reformed” Doctor Doom keeps finding ways to intrude on both his superhero and personal lives. Oh, and Mary Jane Watson now works for him, just to make things interesting.
>>
>9: X-Men: Worst X-Man Ever
>By writer Max Bemis and artist Michael Walsh
>You might think releasing giant maggots from your body or talking to roaches would be the worst mutant power to be stuck with, but you’d be wrong. In The Worst X-Man Ever, Say Anything frontman Max Bemis shows us: teenage Bailey is just an average guy, so he’s stoked to learn he’s a mutant, only to then be un-stoked when he finds out his mutation is to explode. Once. And then die. Seriously, that sucks. Yet even though the story likes to show how life just isn’t fair, it still manages to dig in and expose the light that makes life worth living… until you explode.
>Plus as a nice bonus, this story is unconnected to current continuity, existing in its own timeless X-Men era where everyone’s favorite mutants are alive, well, and wearing their coolest costume.

>8: All-New X-Men
>There are a few different X-Men books, but All-New X-Men takes the cake. Young Cyclops, Beast, Iceman and Angel have been brought from the past to the present, where they’re trying to forge their own destiny so they don’t turn out like jerk Cyclops or makes-horrible-decisions Beast. Accompanied by Wolverine, Oya and Kid Apocalypse, they travel across the nation fighting supervillains and struggling against legacies they don’t want. This is a book about young people making hard decisions as they struggle with who they are and a world that hates and fears them, making it the most pure, essential X-Men book out right now.
>>
>>81489561
>cancerwhore
>Squirrel girl
>All-New Wolverine
ya dropped
>>
File: imma slap a bitch.png (95 KB, 184x265) Image search: [Google]
imma slap a bitch.png
95 KB, 184x265
>>81489561
>No Black Knight
It's getting canned isnt it?
>>
>7&6: Unbeatable Squirrel Girl & Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! are two different comics by different artists and writers, but they both embody the same appeal, so we’re grouping them together. They forego the high-stakes, dramatic plot twists in favor of quirky, positive, driven leads trying to balance their superhero and personal lives that refuse to remain separate. The art is bright and energetic, and the humor is silly and self-aware. Simply put, they are a delight, and if you’re into one, then you’re most definitely going to like the other.

>5: Black Widow
>By writer Mark Waid and Chris Samnee
>Now, there’s only one issue of Black Widow out, but it was so astonishing that we have been dying waiting for the next one. It’s no surprise it’s so good -- it’s by writer Mark Waid and artist Chris Samnee, who just finished a run on Daredevil so amazing that it became an instant classic. For them to now be on Black Widow is a dream come true. The first issue sees her jump out the window of a SHIELD helicarrier:
>And somehow she makes it to the ground in a grand display of acrobatics, martial arts, and ingenuity. She’s on the run from the law, she’s got insane skills, and she has our complete attention.

>4: Silver Surfer
>By writer Dan Slott and artist Mike Allred
>If you like Doctor Who, then this is the comic book for you. The Silver Surfer now travels the spaceways with a human companion, Dawn. She’s forward-thinking, enthusiastic, and lots of fun, which is a great counter to the stoic Silver Surfer who isn’t really impressed by the wonders of the cosmos. The real draw is the pop artwork by Mike and Laura Allred, eye-catching and stylish. There’s nothing else like it on the shelf.
>>
>3: Doctor Strange
>By writer Jason Aaron and artist Chris Bachalo
>Your impression of Doctor Strange is probably that he’s an all-knowing, all-powerful sorcerer who can solve problems with a wave of his hand and a funny word, but in Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo’s new series, that’s not the case. It turns out that every spell has a cost, and a dark secret has prevented Doctor Strange from having to pay… until now, when a mysterious group starts killing magic users in a plan to eradicate all magic. We also get a tour of Doctor Strange’s house, which is like Hogwarts only weirder and more horrifying.

>2: Avengers Standoff Crossover
>By writer Nick Spencer and artist Jesus Saiz
>You know how supervillains always seem to go to prison only to break out in record time to commit more crimes? Avengers Standoff tackles that problem in a smart and intruiging way. We don’t want to say too much because it will ruin the excellently executed surprises laid down by mastermind Nick Spencer, but suffice to say that this story is a juicy thriller with big personalities clashing and a huge revelation that'll have you questioning who is really good and bad in the Marvel Universe.

>Unlike our other picks, this is a crossover that weaves through several different comics, so here's the checklist to grab them all:

>1: Totally Awesome Hulk
>By writer Greg Pak and artist Frank Cho
>We are really, really tired of stories where Bruce Banner can’t stand being the Hulk so he comes up with some crazy way to separate/destroy/suppress his angry side, only for it to horribly backfire. That’s why Totally Awesome Hulk is such a smashing success -- young super-genius Amadeus Cho is now the Hulk and he freakin’ loves it. And artist Frank Cho is a master of drawing muscles and monsters, and that’s exactly what this book is filled to the brim with.
>>
>>81490220
>getting canned
It already had its final chapter m8
>>
File: IDGAF.jpg (131 KB, 377x887) Image search: [Google]
IDGAF.jpg
131 KB, 377x887
>>81490236
>Silver Surfer

I had no idea people read that shit
>>
>>81490236
>they're the same comic so we're grouping them together
That's just lazy, even for IGN.
>>
File: is this my life.png (88 KB, 332x436) Image search: [Google]
is this my life.png
88 KB, 332x436
>>81490273
>>
>>81490220
Issue 5 was its last issue, anon. It was the first book to get cancelled, to no ones surprise.
>>
>Vision not #1 or even top 5

>>>/trash/
>>
>>81490220
Black Knight, Angela, Starbrand & Nightmask, Howling Commandos of SHIELD, Hercules, and Illuminati are dead.

Herc is getting a mini for Civil War 2 at least.
>>
>>81490220
it already did. issue 5 was the last one.

I think the book had tons of potential but they had to fucking throw in popular characters to try to draw in more readers. Deadpool and quicksilver had no reason to be in the book along with the other "avengers".

The story could have been great if it was more about dane controlling his section of weirdworld as he explored the rest of it.
>>
>>81490282
No amount of Slott's bad attempts at humor can keep me away from an Allred drawn SS book.
>>
>>81490332
yep, #5 was the last issue.
>>
>>81490358
I don't think this is actually supposed to be in an order of quality. At least they're not umbered in the actual article.
>>
>>81490036
you said Squadron Supreme twice
>>
>>81490368
was starbrand and nightmask good?
>>
>>81490368
If Herc's mini sells well then his book might get brought back/relaunched.

But I highly doubt that'll happen because why would anything nice ever happen.
>>
File: so long old friend.png (142 KB, 177x265) Image search: [Google]
so long old friend.png
142 KB, 177x265
>>81490273
>>81490346
>>81490381
>>81490368
>>81490412
>Howling Commandos of SHIELD, Hercules, and Illuminati too
>>
>ign

I feel dirty for having clicked on that link
>>
>>81490389
I've seen the art, and it's fantastic.

But if you look at monthly sales, I just don't recall seeing Silver Surfer selling much. I kind of forgot about the book in general

What is IGN's criteria for ranking these?
>>
>>81490433
>>81490036
Woops. Yeah, swap one of those Squadron Supremes out for Uncanny Avengers then.
>>
>no Ant-Man or anything by Ewing
Into the trash it goes!
>>
>>81490441
Art was a bit wonky for the first couple issues, but yes. Writing was solid and it was a cosmic as fuck cosmic book, complete with Eternity and even new abstracts.

Too bad it dropped below 9k in sales by the third issue. The Weisman curse lives on.
>>
>>81490493
Pretty sure IGN's "criteria" is just whatever the writer of the articles 12 favorite books are with SG/Hellcat thrown in there to help with the tumblr clickbait.
>>
>>81490368
Black knight, Herc, and Howling were all on my pull. I was so sad to see them all end. Howling Commandos especially, when will we ever see Man-thing and Hitmonkey again??
>>
Is ANAD iron man any good?
>>
>>81490581
Man-thing will wander into something sooner or later

Hit-monkey's fate is less certain
>>
>>81490633

It's the same team behind Ultimate Spider-Man

If Bendis humor doesn't make you scream, you'll probably like it
>>
>>81490642
Maybe Gwen Poole will take Hit Monkey in
>Animal sidekick?! My survival is assured!
>>
>>81490633
do you like Bendis? If yes, yes. If no, no
>>
>>81490684
If yes, yes. If no, no?
>>
>>81490725
maybe so
>>
File: kamala army.jpg (3 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
kamala army.jpg
3 MB, 1988x3056
>No Ms. Marvel
>Fucking Unbeatable squirrell Girl and hellcat are on there.
>>
File: and here we go.gif (510 KB, 500x257) Image search: [Google]
and here we go.gif
510 KB, 500x257
>>81490725
>>
>>81490683
since Gwenpool is probably going to be Dr. McNinja but with girl, monkey sidekick is entirely likely
>>
>>81490642
>Man-thing will wander into something sooner or later
Actually, it's kinda weird that he hasn't appeared in Howard the Duck yet, especially considering they even WENT to the Florida everglades in the first issue of the relaunch.
>>
>>81490758
keep an eye on that Napoleon one, Bruno
>>
>>81490040
>Vision as of last month
>Deadpool
>Deadpool+Spiderman
>Deadpool and the Mercs for Money (It's fun)
>Uncanny Avengers
>New Avengers (Favorite of the bunch)
>Silk (Really just for storytime purposes)
>Hyperion
>>
>>81489721
>so far

So far it's nothing. The first issue was the first five minutes of an action movie.
>>
>>81490040
>Vision
>Illuminati
>Wolverine
>Extaordanry X-Men
>Spider-Man and Deadpool
>Carnage
>>
No uncanny inhumans? They're sold out at both shops I go to, people in my area are reading it, it's pretty good.

Don't touch all new inhumans though, it's cancer.
>>
>>81490797
maybe it's because Chip is a hack
>>
>>81489807
It would've worked better as a team book.
>>
>>81490040
>Karnak
>Black Widow
>Ms. Marvel
>Vision
>>
>>81490633
It has all the faults of every other Bendis written book, but for what its worth, I actually like how Bendis writes Tony. Bendis' Tony is one of the few things that was good throughout his Avengers run.

First arc was promising (again, if you don't mind Bendis' usual flaws and quirks which are still here in abundance), and for all the writings faults, the art was fantastic. Fucking Marquez was killing it.

Buuut the second arc has Deodatto on it, so I dropped it after trying to read 2 pages of the second arc. Past that, I don't know. I think I'll check it out again if Marquez returns, but since he's busy with Civil War II, that probably won't be for a while.
>>
File: 1453510413087.jpg (77 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1453510413087.jpg
77 KB, 690x460
>>81490821
>inhumans
>>
>>81490817
As an action comic, I thought it was pretty good for that.
>>
>>81490847
it practically is a team book with Shulk and Miles
>>
>>81490040
>ANAD Avengers
>New Avengers
>Vision
>Ms. Marvel
>Ultimates
>Totally Awesome Hulk
>Hercules (going to drop after the first arc is over)
>Black Widow
>Karnak
>Uncanny Inhumans
>Astonishing Ant-Man
>Silver Surfer
>Doctor Strange
>>
File: kill myself.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
kill myself.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>>81490040
>Vison
>Carnage
>Hercules
>Squadron Supreme
>Old Man Logan
>Moon Girl
>TA Hulk
>Ms. Marvel
>Uncanny Inhumans
>Contest of Champions
>Ant-Man
>Doctor Strange
>>
>>81490809
I've enjoyed all the Deadpool books, but for whatever reason don't care enough to buy them in floppies. I've just been trade-waiting them all. How is Deadpool+Spider-man?
>>
>>81490758
Kamala is old news and already has a big, dedicated fanbase. It's time to shill others now instead, especially books that are struggling.
>>
>>81490906
That's kinda what I'm getting at. The dynamics are already sorta there. The book itself feels like a side arc for a larger team story.
>>
>>81490040
>squadron surpreme
>all new inhumans
>uncanny inhumans
>karnak
>ms.marvel
>ultimates
>CoC
>
>>
>>81490817
All modern comics are written for trades these days. I thought it was a pretty good way to do the first issue. I don't really care about Black Widow, but good action-focused and well-drawn art isn't something you see too often in the splash page era of cape comics, at least for the Big 2.
>>
>>81490989
>How is Deadpool+Spider-man?

It's great. It's basically Peter shitting on Deadpool: the series
>>
>>81490036
Herc is shit pham.
Not even shitposting, I bought the first two issues and had high hopes from there. I'm legit pissed at Abnett for fumbling it.
>>
File: 1458946729973.png (658 KB, 1040x1008) Image search: [Google]
1458946729973.png
658 KB, 1040x1008
>>81490821
I like Uncanny Inhumans, but All-new is better.

That said, nothing in ANI comes close to Blackagar become the world heavy weight champ.
>>
>>81490040
Ultimates & Strange. That's it.
And I'm very tempted to drop Strange.
>>
>>81491082
>All modern comics are written for trades these days
Not Moon Knight!
>>
>>81491017
It should have been the All-new Fantastic Four. Go New Fantastic Four with it (Miles/Spider-man, Cho/Hulk, Robbie/Ghost Rider, and Laura/Wolverine or Kamala/stretchy powers and shipping with Robbie. Make Cho the leader and main character since he's the brains, like Reed was, while also being the brawn like Thing. She-hulk being a former member and helping found it would somewhat legitamize it, then have Ben and Johnny pop in at some point.

Robbie needs something to do and Miles/Cho is great in TAH. We could have had Cho riding on the roof of Robbie's car.
>>
>>81491192

I hated all new inhumans, it was so suffering, from the tumblresque characters, to the on the nose x-men lifts, to the boring fights and the backtracking dialogue.

I dont know how anyone can read all new inhumans and not think of using it as toilet paper.

Uncanny Inhumans plays with powers well, is very definitive with the script, great art, fights are less obligation more inspiration. It's a good book.
>>
>Nobody mentions Daredevil
Jesus fuck, what is wrong with all of you?
>>
Anyone reading Power Man and Iron Fist?

I really like the first issue, i'm questionable on the second.
Mostly people are hating danny for being goofy
I'm mostly hoping this book doesn't get taken over by summer events.
Let it be it's own street level story and maybe a little mythic shit so we can see whats going on with kun lun after The Living Weapon annihilated it.
>>
>>81490036
agreed.

>>81490040
>Ultimates
>Captain "dat ass" Marvel
>Standoff
>Vision
>Mighty Thor (I can't turn down that art)
>New Avengers
>Ms Marvel

I love me some Angela, but I physically destroyed my copies of Queen of Hel.
>>
>>81489716
>>Hellcat
>>Squirrel Girl
>>Whor
Well they're not so bad.

>>no Ultimates or New Avengers
In the trash it goes.
>>
>>81491826
It's not that great.
>>
File: 1449301138294.jpg (95 KB, 609x948) Image search: [Google]
1449301138294.jpg
95 KB, 609x948
>>81489561
>Brian Michael Bendis wrote Iron Man for years on the Avengers, but he’s showing off the futurist like never before, dialing up the Robert Downey Jr. influence with lots of snark, laughs
>>
>>81489561
That list is disgusting, although pretty much every cape book is right now.
>>
>>81489561
>Writer Jason Aaron has been telling an epic Thor story for years, and the current chapter shows what happens when the Odinson becomes unworthy and Jane Foster picks up Mjolnir instead. She can make the hammer do things the old Thor never could, and so earned his blessing to take his beloved weapon and his name to become the new Thor and kick butt all across the Ten Realms.
Holy fuck this is cringey.
>>
>>81490034
IGNorant
>>
>>81490040
>Captain Marvel
>Black Widow
>Gwenpool soon
I need to expand my list. I'm tradewaiting most things, and I just can't find anything that I'm very interested in and has started recent enough that I'd rather get it monthly than in trades.
>>
>>81490989
Pretty good. Started off a bit weak but it's gotten a lot better. Also the last issue had a really cute part with Ellie in it and that's always appreciated
>>
File: 1439264993664.jpg (69 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1439264993664.jpg
69 KB, 450x450
>>81493297
>dialing up the Robert Downey Jr. influence with lots of snark, laughs
>>
>13 best Marvel comics
>no Star Wars or Darth Vader

weak
>>
Woah surprised that MARVELs current output is even worse than DC. When's Rebirth happening again? And is Dan Slott still cancering up Amazing Spider-Man?
>>
>>81491513
I could live with this.
>>
Carnage should be on that list!
>>
>the stoic Silver Surfer who isn’t really impressed by the wonders of the cosmos
I'M FUCKING MAD NOW.
>>
>>81497185
fucking Slott
>>
>>81497481
IT HITS OVER EVERYTHING HE'S EVER BEEN. HE SAVED THE FUCKING EARTH AND BECAME THE HERALD OF GALACTUS BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE FOR EXISTENCE. I CAN'T EVEN TURN OFF MY CAPS LOCK. I JUST GOT THREE RED LANTERN RINGS, FUCK.
>>
>>81489561
Marvel comics are garbage.
>>
File: 1455405164020.jpg (81 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
1455405164020.jpg
81 KB, 544x400
How would you guys rate the spider books? I think Amazing is okay, haven't read 2099 in a while but I remember liking it. Miles is eh to me, and I haven't really read the others besides Silk sometimes which I am enjoying.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>81494336
>When's Rebirth happening again?
June, Rebirth one shot in May

>And is Dan Slott still cancering up Amazing Spider-Man?
He's still alive, so yes.
>>
>>81498044
Carnage is fantastic. Easily the best one.
>>
>>81490368

>Marvel tries to go slightly off the beaten track
>Canceled immediately.

ANAD has really made me appreciate New 52 more
>>
>>81489561
>Thor
No
>Vision
Yes
>All-New Wolverine
To me it's like Manly Guys Doing Manly Things in that I actually like it when I remember it exists.
>Invincible Iron Man
I swore that I would never again after the disaster the second half of his Uncanny X-Men run was.
>Worst X-Man Ever
Didn't that end months ago?
>All-New X-Men
Not interested
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
The art is horrible but the dialogue are jokes are legitimately fun.
>Hellcat
I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. I just find it boring.
>Black Widow
I remember hearing about it a year or three ago, didn't know it was still going.
>Silver Surfer
It's okay
>Doctor Strange
Only read the first issue, thought it was good and I enjoy Bachalo's art.
>Standoff
I've been weary of crossovers for years, but I'm really enjoying this.
>Totally Awesome Hulk
Cho's bringing the TnA and spider reaction images. I sincerely hope Miles is going to be a recurring character.
>>
>>81490040
All New All Different Avengers
Captain America: Sam Wilson
Ms. Marvel
Vision
Uncanny Avengers
Deadpool
Spider-man/Deadpool
New Avengers
Ultimates
Contest of Champions
Ant Man
Old Man Logan
All New Wolverine
Uncanny Inhumans
Totally Awesome Hulk
Howard the Duck

For minis/temporary series, I've got Deadpool & Mercs 4 Money and Avengers Standoff.

Want to check out Gwenpool, Uncanny X-Men, Captain Marvel, Illuminati and Black Panther in the future.
>>
File: Viper.jpg (147 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Viper.jpg
147 KB, 1500x1500
>>81500431
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
> the dialogue are jokes are legitimately fun.
>>
>>81491513
I think Pak would be perfect on this.
>>
>>81489561
Chulk, Ms. Marvel, Moon Girl and Squirrel Girl (Marvel Now, I haven't started ANAD) are great books for kids.

•Cho Hulk has a levity you can't write with Bruce and totally works.
•Kamala's adventures are simple with fun characters.
•Moon Girl is a classic "kid power" narrative but it's tackling self-image with is cool.
•Squirrel Girl was a cool book because (even though it was absurd most of the time), seeing SG handle most conflicts non-violently was a great change of pace.

People may think these books are bad but they frame them through what they as adults want to see in a comic. The better adult aimed books include The Vision, Ultimates, Contest of Champions (ironically because I'm sure only children play that game), Dr. Strange and Karnak. Everything else falls in-between.
>>
>>81500664
I believe that people believe that they are justified in hating it because of the art and never really gave it a chance.
>>
>>81500431
This Black Widow run is new from Waid and Samnee so technically that old Edmonson/Noto run isn't still going.
>>
>>81500999
I honestly wanted to like it but the art's shit and the writing's shit too
>>
>>81490036
New Avengers is garbage, I can't see how anyone here even likes that drivel.
>>
>>81489561
they never are, how casual are you?
>>
>>81490236
>black widow ranked despite one issue
>hellcat and sg grouped together
>all three of these are above vision on the list.
why ign
>>
>>81489561
we talkin' lists?

http://www.heavymetal.com/news/the-22-worst-lists-of-10-best-comics-of-2015/
>>
>Worst X-Man Ever
>His name is Bailey
>My name is Bailey
I outta check it out then.
>>
>>81500887
>Chulk
me smash you so much
>>
Did the new Hawkeye get canceled?
>>
Scarlet Witch could be so great yet Robinson does little with its premise.

Fuck the Emerald Warlock, Jim,, give us some tasty Chthon shenanigans.
>>
>>81490441
I enjoyed it. It was pretty fun and had the right balance.

At least it should make a nice trade
>>
>>81490368
Have the comic sites shit all over Marvel for these cancellations like they did with DC?
>>
>>81491513
>"She-hulk being a former member and helping found it would somewhat legitamize it"

Please not her again. She's been crammed into way too many teams as is. Shulk's getting to be as overexposed as Capt Carol. They need a new woman to take over for Jen Walters.
>>
>>81506448
isn't she only on one team and doesn't even have a solo right now
>>
>>81500431
>All-New X-Men
I expected them to put fucking Squirrel Girl, Hellcat, Whor and some Bendis drivel in there.
But fucking Hopeless, too? Are these people trying to be as wrong as possible?
>>
>Whor
>Bendis Iron Man
>Squrell Girl
>Shitty Avengers "event" №100500
Shit taste.
>>
File: Depression.gif (104 KB, 700x526) Image search: [Google]
Depression.gif
104 KB, 700x526
>>81490758
>ywn have such a glorious abundance of Kamalas.
>>
>>81490368
Star-Lord may be also dead after the second arc because of lower sales and Dogfucker moving to DC.

Also you forgot Red Wolf and Weirdworld (Dogfucker does not sell big time at all).
>>
>>81490040
>Vision
>Strange
>Karnak
>Ant-Man
>Widow
>Surfer
>>
>>81491513
Marvel no longer publishing Fantastic Four is like if DC stopped making Superman or Batman comics. I still can't accept it.
>>
>>81503826
If magic is so shit since it forces bad consequences if you use it, why doesn't Wanda use her mutant powers?
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.