[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mystery Incorporated started and ended on April 5th How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: 1396826637635.jpg (1 MB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1396826637635.jpg
1 MB, 2000x3000
>Mystery Incorporated started and ended on April 5th

How do you plan on celebrating today, /co/?
>>
File: 1448670326862.jpg (77 KB, 621x838) Image search: [Google]
1448670326862.jpg
77 KB, 621x838
>>81489222
velma fan art
>>
>>81489222
yanking it to rule 34 from the show
me likely bondage
>>
>>81490296
Good man
>>
>>81489222
Was it good? i heard it used lore to cover up its character devlopment beeing wonky
>>
>>81492538
pretty solid until somewhere towards the end when the plot shat itself, the character development was well handled outside a few cringe worth moments here and there but its still one of my favorite scooby doo incarnations for trying so many new ideas, it also gave me my new favorite Freddy ever
>>
>>81492538
By far the best Scooby-Doo. Character development is a bit shakey. They're some good writing and some pointless moments but all the characters are enjoyable, Fred is especially great. It's also one of the few mystery endings where the hyped ending was worth it.

9/10 go watch it nigga.
>>
>>81489222
traps. lots of them.
>>
>>81492538
Definitely. Surprisingly so.
>>
>>81489222
Eh, gravity falls was better.
>>
>>81492538
The charachter development was good. They all start out as cunts but are all likeable in the end
Fred went from being a trap obssessed naive queer to caring for others and learning to be resillieant
Shaggy went from being a pussy to being slightly less a pussy
Scooby went from being a cock block to being a good friend to shaggy
Daphne and velma both become less male dependant as the show goes on
>>
>>81494441
Mystery Incorporated's finale was better
>>
>>81492591
>pretty solid until somewhere towards the end when the plot shat itself

I keep hearing people say this, but they never explain what exactly went wrong with it. I didn't see it.
>>
>>81494791
not really?
>>
>>81495785

Yes really.
>>
>>81495986
Nah, MI's ending was an edgy eldritch abomination killing everyone making the only solution to reset the universe, making everything that happened not matter and give the gang the easy way out. At least Dipper, Mabel, and the Stans defeated Bill and saved everyone and fought for their happy ending.
>>
>>81496080
>making everything that happened not matter and give the gang the easy way out

Different guy and I don't disagree with preferring GF's ending, but that's just wrong. They lost all the people they grew up with. Yeah, they technically return, but they're not the same people they remembered and grew up with. Only the gang and Harlan Ellison know what happened, so they felt alienated in their own town and were desperate to move away.
>>
>>81496080

So just because it's darker and more tragic, it's bad? Christ, are you one of those people who hate the first FMA anime because it was bleaker than the manga and second anime?
>>
>>81492538
Considering hardly any Scooby Doo adaptations even bother with character development, it being shaky in some parts is still miles above everything else.
>>
>>81489222
Did this first start airing on the same day AT did? AT began on April 5th too, neat.
>>
>>81496516
okay its been awhil, I was pretty sure they lost their memories.

>>81496897
No, its not dark and tragic. Its fucking scooby doo who is descended from alien experiments and a bunch of hormonal teens fighting a inter-dimensional creature with that wants to kill/enslave humanity with it sorta succeeding, THAT is edge.

Also, the 1st FMA was pants on head retarded with the hole alchemy power is fueled with dead jews thing.
>>
>>81496080
>needing a gay ass happy ending all the time
gb2gaia
>>
>>81497231
actually the GF ending was melancholy, MI was ridiculous and forced.
>>
>>81497148

One, it wasn't dead jews, it was the lives of people passing on in our world, which was essentially not different from how the philosopher's stone worked in both universes.

And two, it wasn't "alien experiments". Scooby can talk because of a holdover effect from when the aliens uses animals as their avatars.

Also, it's not edgy. Stop misusing the world, kid.
>>
>>81497431

Not really, no. Anyone who has read or seen works with eldritch horrors knows that killing off such beings is not as simple as killing an animal, and that it can often lead to much worse fates for the people slaying said beings.
>>
>>81497594
>Ed living in 30's era Germany
>not dead jews

sure thing kid.

Scooby talking because his ancestors were possessed is just as stupid.

Everyone the gang knew died, Hot Dog Water was gunned down by nazi robots, and token Black girl sacrificing herself for the gang to live. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of stuff here but you get the picture.
>>
>>81497857

Just because YOU think it's stupid doesn't mean it is.
>>
>>81492591
>>81495770
The people who say that are morons. The show going batshit insane was one of the reasons why it was awesome. I can get why some people think the universe reset was a copout, but you're delusional if you think that's supposed to be a completely happy ending considering that everyone the gang knew and loved in the old universe is dead and the new universe is just filled with alternate versions of their friends and family, and being unable to cope with that was the reason why they all decided to leave town and start traveling in the first place. It's pretty fucked up if you think about it, and that's fantastic.
>>
>>81497642
Its a fucking kids show, they cold of made it work like in GF with Stan getting rid of Bill with the memory gun.

>>81497951
But its not stupid because I say it is, its stupid because it is.
>>
>>81497431
GF had a happy ending. Everything turned out great for our heroes. Even the most tragic aspect, Stan losing his memory, is eventually undone. The Status Quo returns to the town.

MI was more bittersweet. They save the everyone's lives and the concentrated evil is gone from Crystal Cove, but now they feel alienated from a very different world they live in. They move away to Miskatonic University to continue to solve mysteries and have a purpose in life.
>>
>>81498196
are you fucking with me by posting JoJo Part 6's ending or am i just a weeaboo faggot
>>
>>81498891

No it isn't. You can say it's stupid, but that doesn't make it so.
>>
>>81499143
no you're just a weeaboo faggot
>>
>>81498983
>Even the most tragic aspect, Stan losing his memory, is eventually undone

That was just kind of shitty. They could have had at least had it delayed until a post-credits scene. As it is, it just seems like "lol, nope, he's back to normal"
>>
>>81499193
whatever senpai
>>
>>81501504

Great argument, scooter.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.