[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sandman appreciation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Sandman appreciation thread
>>
>>81487192
Weird. Just found out about him yesterday and here (You) are making a thread about him. Is the comic any good? What's good about it and can you tell me what's it about? Thanks. :)
>>
File: sandman2.jpg (180 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
sandman2.jpg
180 KB, 1000x1500
>>81487431
Read the real one instead.
>>
>>81487431
its great. it basically retells the stories in the old sandman comics but in a cooler noir style
>>
Just read vol 1 recently. Never was a big fan of street level comics, but read it for the noir setting, the 30s feel and because I liked Sandman's design, and l'm loving it.
>>
>>81487597
>gothfag detected
>>
>>81487597
>real one
sandman was written in 1939. the niel gaimen one is from the late 80's
>>
>>81487431
Well multiple DC characters have held the title Sandman. He started as Wesley Dodds, a Golden Age pulp hero named who puts villains to sleep (I mean that literally, he doesn't kill them), then there was a superhero named Garrett Sanford in the 70's.

However, the important one that most people know is Neil Gaiman's Sandman, a 75 issue series starting in 1989. It's about Morpheus AKA Dream AKA Sandman, a member of eternal beings known as The Endless, who presides over the realm of dreams.

Then there's pic related, Sandman Mystery Theater, which is a throwback to the Wesley Dodd era of the character.
>>
>>81487714
>>81487757
>buttmad babbies detected
>>
>>81487779
I miss Sandy Hawkins, his Sandman costume was GOAT and he was a really cool leader for the JSA until his nightmares started driving him down a lonelier path.
>>
>>81487779
there was also the later justice society run where sandy (who was his sidekick and at that point known as sand) was the new sandman after dodds killed himself to protect dr fate
>>
File: jsa-5-199-sand.jpg (283 KB, 750x685) Image search: [Google]
jsa-5-199-sand.jpg
283 KB, 750x685
Out da way faggots, best Sandman comin' thru
>>
>>81487937
why did dc have to end the Justice Society comics. i remember there was a cool kingdom come crossover
>>
I hope Vertigo brings back books like this and Shade, reinventing their old characters into different settings. Hope the Vertigo relaunch brings them back.
>>
>>81487819
you have no fucking taste faggot
>>
>>81488013
it got kinda sucky after Johns left (as comics often seem too), shame though.
>>
>>81488164
Feel free to keep projecting if it will make you feel better.
>>
>>81488139
I was hoping Shade would do something interesting in JL Dark but Milligan's run was average as usual.
>>
>>81488139
Who would you like to see make a comeback?
>>
>>81488201
>>81488164
We so rarely have Sandman threads and guys have to ruin it, for shame.
>>
Alright I know this has mostly been a thread for the street level Sandmans so far, but I have about 19 issues left in the Gaiman series and I was wondering in what order should I read the spinoffs after that (eg. Dream Hunters, Endless Nights, Death, Overture, Lucifer).

I'm planning on checking out Mystery Theatre at some point.
>>
>>81488241
I would like to see Wildcat as a retired boxer and a trainer set in the 60s or something. A legacy book mostly from the point of view of the older character, and focused on boxing and the mafia.
>>
>>81488241
CYCLONE
Y
C
L
O
N
E
>>
>>81488420
Dream Hunters & Endless Nights: at any time, they have no effect on the continuity.
Death: you could read it now, you know all you need to.
Overture & Lucifer: as soon as you finish Sandman.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.