[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will the MCU do the Infinity Gauntlet storyline without the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 11
File: Thanos_81697.jpg (38 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Thanos_81697.jpg
38 KB, 600x300
How will the MCU do the Infinity Gauntlet storyline without the Silver Surfer?

And more importantly, how will they make Thanos snap with a metal glove?
>>
File: 1.jpg (187 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
187 KB, 1600x1067
What the fuck will these guys do against thanos?
>>
They'll include the Silver Surfer since they already got the FF rights back in a secret deal in exchange for those X-Men tv shows.
You'll see.
>>
>>81485680
Ask thor, vision, iron man, war machine, scarlet witch, incredible hulk, black panther, ant-man, drax, captain marvel, starlord, gamora, rocket, groot, spider-man, and whoever is dragging quicksilvers dead body around to help them?
>>
I would give my left nut for Marvel to get the rights to Fantastic Four and the Surfer back.
>>
>>81485680
Dance off
>>
>>81485718
Yeah maybe even secret mads mikkelsen dr doom will take part............sure
>>
Pretty easily. Silver Surfer's a fag anyway. But by then Fox will probably give up the rights to FF anyway.
>>
>>81485769
No, because the Strange script was done way before 4stick flopped, and the script for IW isn't even written yet.
Civil War had 2 scripts, one with Spidey and one without.
>>
>>81485680
Quip him to death
>>
>dat spoiler
The reality gem is a powerful thing, anon.
>>
>>81485851
>Still confusing Russos with Whedon
>2016
Continue to be agitated, District of Columbia acronym homosexual
>>
>>81485680
MEME OFF BRO, YOU AND MEME
>>
>>81485536
Stan Lee will appear and he and RDJ will challenge Thanos to a Dance-Off
>>
>>81485680
>implying cap isn't dead by this point.
>>
>>81485536
Wasp is pretty much confirmed for soloing the space-time gem
>>
>>81485536
One thing is certain.
That cumbersome metal gauntlet is perfectly made for let go of the Cube
>>
Panther, Wasp, Thor, Spidey, Hulk, and Star Lord because normies love that piece of shit will do the real fighting.
>>
Including the Silver Surfer & Galactus would be awesome. Fox needs give up the movie rights to FF4, they've been bombing and only being kept afloat by the Xmen/DP movies.
>>
>>81485680
QUIP OFF BROSEPH
>>
>>81485536
After Infinity Saga, which plot point will they go to next?
>>
>>81486706
Secret War
>>
>>81485536
>snap with a metal glove

He has the Infinity Gauntlet. He can do whatever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>81486706
Dark Reign. Already said they want Osborne as a huge deal in the MCU
>>
>>81486495
>not Drax

Drax is going to rip Thanos' heart out in the second part, calling it now.
>>
>>81487025
I hope no Drax. Ask the guardians characters are shit and I'm hoping the second movie does them a little more justice.
>>
>>81485921

> thinking the Russos will save the MCU
>>
>>81487073
I suppose the first movie was a stick to check the waters, if they can get on with crazier shit, so I hope that second will deal heavily with craziness.

They're doing Mantis and Sly Stallone cameo after all.
>>
>>81485680
They lost then someone talks to Thanos and he realizes he doesn't actually want to end and everyhting is reversed. The End
>>
>>81487142
If Civil War is good there will be no doubt that the Russos can handle Infinity War.
>>
>>81487240

It won't be though
>>
>>81485680
>>81487224

Black widow picks up the hammer and slays him

Hopefully
>>
>>81485680
By then we'll have
-Vastly Upgraded Ironman and War Machine (pending Civil War)
-Vision (until he dies)
-Enraged Drax who'd be on par with Thanos.
-Possibly a World War level Hulk
-Gamora (his daughter)
-Groot (dont underestimate him)
-Adam Warlock
-Captain Marvel
-Dr. Strange
-Thor (Odin Force?)
-Black Bolt and some other Inhumans
-SENTRY (If Marvel has the balls i'll go nuts lol)

I'd say thats a good amount of powerhouses to have a good battle with Thanos. They'll probably fight Thanos twice. First time with a disfunctional Avengers team, they'll get slaughtered and Thnos will complete the Gauntlet. The plan in the second movie will most likely be to try and get some of the Infinity stones away from Thanos to use against him which should kill him (Drax) or imprison him. Then they'll use the full Guantlet to revive everyone and Thor will lock it away in another demension or something.
>>
>>81485680

Thanos uses the Gauntlet to summon a bunch of mooks because "lol, ur not worth my time, I shall toy with you/"
>>
>>81487025
it would be fun, but the best one I've seen is that one when thanos wins, and weak cap takes him out with mjolnir.
I'm sure someone here must have screencap, it was great.
>>
It is reported there will be more than 65 superheroes by the time Infinity Gauntlet saga rolling, up against Thanos and his minions.
I'm sure Marvel and Fox is cooking similar agreement like Sony for the best of both world.

I bet even Wolverine, Cyclops, F4, Loki and Angela will be here somewhere.
>>
>>81487408
>No Black Panther or Wasp

You're high on something m8
>>
>>81485680
Shield studied the tesseract. The tesseract stored the space stone.
SHIELD will probably outfit them with reverse engineered tesseract technology, designed to suppress the stones' powers.
>>
Depends if Scarlet Witch has Chaos Magic.

If she does Thanos will get at least some of his shit pushed in hard.
>>
>>81485680
They'll die before infinity war
>>
>>81487600
Especially since Fiege said Wasp is the most important character of Phase 3
>>
>>81486706
I hope they retire the Phase 1 Avengers after IW. Dragging them on longer feels worn out, especially after an event that big.
>>
>>81487286
Disney is screening it to critics starting next week, they're really confident.
>>
>>81485740
>and whoever is dragging quicksilvers dead body

Can't they just give quickslav a trip to Tahiti?
>>
>>81488225
That's only to save Avengers
>>
>>81487768
Holy fuck, as a Waspfag, this please me.
It's a shame we're getting Hope and not Janet though.
>>
>>81488225
It will be much cooler if he just shows up out of nowhere and Wanda acts like everything is perfectly normal but gets agitated when people try to tell her that Pietro is supposed to be dead..
>>
>>81488318
We may get A Janet. But yeah she wont be Wasp anymore unless there are more flashbacks.

But after Wright sat on it for so long this is the only way to do it.
>>
>>81487408
Sentry FUCKING NEVER

If they ever do him, I hope only for one movie based on first mini and never merging him with the main universe. Look what it did to the character in comics, only recently Remender started to redeem him by turning him into a fucking Apoc.
>>
>>81487600
I didn't forget them, i just was listing new powerhouses and people we haven't seen. I know full well Ant-Man, Wasp and BP will be in there.
>>
>>81488503
>new power houses and people were haven't seen

That's literally Wasp and Black Panther
>>
>>81488482
Sentry can be a really cool character if they rework him a bit. It wouldn't be the first time its done either. He's basically Marvel's version of Superman. Its funny that Snyder's dark take on Superman reminds me more of the dark take on Sentry in the comics.
>>
>>81488584
I dont believe Black Panther and Wasp will be 'powerhouses' come Infinity War. Great characters yes, but powerhouses? Like Warlock? Nah
>>
>>81488601
The only way to do Sentry properly is with the crazy memory/reality warp that happened so nobody remembers the first and greatest hero, and the horrible reveal. With the movies you should only do the best arcs so yeah.
>>
>>81488637
Nigga what
>>
>>81488656
Exactly what i mean. Thats really the only way to introduce him. I think it could actually make for a good movie if its done right.

As for Infinity War, if Thanos is really targeting the Galaxies or Universe, it makes sense for a being like that to come out of hiding and fight. Especially someone with so much power. Only problem is it might be a little random if they dont kinda establish there are other heroes out there. (God please dont do a DC move and use a fucking powerpoint)
>>
>>81488601
Snyder made Hyperion not Sentry
>>
>>81485680
A new gem is revealed, the quipping gem, and it allows them to overpower Thanos.
>>
>>81487018
>Phase 4: Dark Reign

Holy shit yes.
>>
>>81488974
this would be fucking epic, but they still need Surfer and Doom. Doom needs to be the next big bad it just makes too much sense.
>>
File: 1333489616473.gif (382 KB, 400x263) Image search: [Google]
1333489616473.gif
382 KB, 400x263
>>81488482
>mfw Marvel does a solo Sentry movie and it's better than the last 3 Superman ones
>>
>>81488968
The Gem summons the Rock. Let the roast session begin.
>>
>>81489070
if they can pull Sentry off Marvel is never going to flop.
>>
>>81485536
You don't really need the Silver Surfer for it though. He only does a couple of things in it, like try to snatch The gauntlet off of Thanos' hand, and he doesn't even succeed at that. It's eventually Nebula that actually takes the gauntlet from him. The bigger question I think, is how they're going to write out Adam Warlock.
>>
File: 1335763513463.jpg (39 KB, 474x503) Image search: [Google]
1335763513463.jpg
39 KB, 474x503
>>81489038
It would be nice but as a Starlin fan I have accepted the adaptation will be missing a lot.
>>
>>81489170
Surfer was also the one who fought Thanos before IG and came to Earth to warn of (herald) what was to come.
>>
>>81487240
>If Civil War is good there will be no doubt that the Russos can handle Infinity War.
Why? They described Thanos as "some spaceman", do you really think they've got the right mindset for cosmic marvel stuff?
>>
>>81489232
That's not too hard to write out. Thanos will be coming to Earth himself to get the at least one Infinity Stone guarded there.
>>
>>81485536
The only characters that are truly necessary for a proper adaptation of IG are Thanos, Death, and Adam Warlock. Mephisto's role can be filled by Loki. The heroes' roles can be filled by whoever is available since it's not like their assault ever amounted to anything besides a brief distraction. Dr. Strange and Nebula are still around. Galactus and the Abstracts' roles can be played by the Celestials.

The main characters of IG are Thanos and Warlock. All Silver Surfer did was:
>Warn Dr. Strange to gather heroes (which they can just have Star-Lord do)
>Try and fail to grab the gauntlet
>>
>>81489250
Are you implying that Thanos isn't a spaceman?
>>
>>81487449

It's way too late in the game to get the fox movies involved, especially since after the negotiations were completed they'd have to reboot the series again for them to make sense in the MCU.
>>
>>81485536
Adam Warlock.
>>
>>81489296
Agreed. I think Gamora will be their source of intel in the films.
>>
>>81487018
Source on that?
>>
>>81489038
Have to use a stripped down cast. >Norman
>Loki
>kingpin?

Who else?
>>
>>81489388
I'm a huge Warlock fan and as much as it pains me to say it, I would be okay with Vision taking his spot if they pull it off well.

Like Warlock, Vision is a part but apart from the universe. Something inbetween(er), if you will.
>>
>>81485680
Hawkeye will shoot arrows. Cap will throw a shield. Widow will fire a gun while doing acrobatics.

These guys aren't known for their versatility.
>>
>>81485680
>>81485851
Somebody didn't read the book.
>>
>>81487867
They will.

Star-Lord, Spidey, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange will be the Phase 4 team (possibly Vision, Wanda, Falcon depending on contracts).

I like how Marvel have introducing the new team alongside the old one, it makes it feel more organic.
>>
>>81487025
Isn't GotG Drax just some alien whose family was killed by Ronan?
>>
>>81487408
>-Enraged Drax who'd be on par with Thanos.
MCU Drax couldn't even defeat pre-Infinity Gem Ronan while he was enraged. Ronan slapped the shit out of Drax effortlessly and left. Thanos would destroy Drax.
>>
>>81491918
But at the end he says he's going after Thanos next.
>>
File: super bat.png (413 KB, 673x601) Image search: [Google]
super bat.png
413 KB, 673x601
>>81488601
>Sentry can be a really cool character if they rework him a bit
>>
>>81491956
Different kind of Enraged. Drax gets a literal huge power spike when he fights Thanos. If they're sticking with his original story a bit, he's literally made to beat Thanos, so it makes sense.
>>
>>81491986
dont you have a Martha scene to debate?
>>
>>81488974
> Dark Reign
Osborne (Dark Avengers; Moonstone perhaps introduced in Cap Marvel)
Zemo (Thunderbolts)
Doom (Black Panther 2 villain)
Chthon
(Destroy Bendis's HoM by making it what it always should have been; House of Chthon, and maybe mix it with Dark Reign)
>>
>>81489250
They are great at the gritty stuff but I fear they will make Infinity War dull by "pulling it down into the real".

Gunn's visual style is the kind of thing Infinity Wars needs; colorful and wildly imaginative.
>>
>>81491956
Maybe Kronos will power him up in GotG2.
>>
>>81485536
>how will they make Thanos snap with a metal glove

It's foolish to think they'll be lifting at story beats directly from The Infinity Gauntlet like that. I imagine that it'll be entirely new material beyond the premise of "Thanos assembles the gems and prepares to destroy the universe and everyone has to team up to stop him".

There will be no finger snap.
There will be no Mephisto trying to play him.
There will be no half the heroes are wiped out.
There will be no Silver Surfer gambit on the part of Adam Warlock.
There will be no Cap / Thanos standoff.
There will be no Thanos vs the Cosmic Host.
There will be no Adam Warlock meeting Thanos on the farm denouement.

It's not even called Infinity Gauntlet. In all honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the plot is more along the lines of an actual war between multiple factions over control of the gems and they only get assembled into the gauntlet for a short time during the climax of the second film before being destroyed / dispersed.
>>
>>81493683
The only one I'm not buying is
>There will be no Cap / Thanos standoff.
>>
File: 2528864-6_part_1.jpg (427 KB, 1239x1920) Image search: [Google]
2528864-6_part_1.jpg
427 KB, 1239x1920
>>81493683
>There will be no Cap / Thanos standoff.
Hey

Hey hey hey

No, this will happen
>>
>>81494777
You can't tell me that you're not reading Cap's lines in Evans' voice right now
>>
Let's hope they don't fuck it up like they did in the cartoon where the Infinity Gauntlet was defeated by Tony Stark building a robot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kS9Tt1e47g

What a load of shit.
>>
>>81485536
What is Thanos anyways?
>>
File: IF ONLY.png (309 KB, 882x306) Image search: [Google]
IF ONLY.png
309 KB, 882x306
>>81494957
Some kind of Mutant Eternal/Titan.
>>
>>81494957
A Mutant Titanian
>>
>>81488225
>Can't they just give quickslav a trip to Tahiti?
they do. he's in the final act of CW. he's the thor robot replacement. the final irredeemable act from tony's side. he's like a barely functioning Frankenstein, he's the guy in that yellow tube in a few background shots in the trailers
>>
>>81487018
Normies will FUCKING LOVE the Dark Avengers.
>>
>>81492412
But they're not, he's just an ayyy that's slightly stronger than humans.
>>
>>81495251
ITS THE DARK AVENGERS BITTIN ARMS CLEAN OFF!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zjWXlhxYLY
>>
>>81485680

Thanos will kill them all. Then it will look like Thanos has won. But they won't actually be dead. They'll be *inside* the gems.

Then they will kill Thanos with the power of friendship.
>>
>>81495558
>Then they will kill Thanos with the power of friendship.

I wouldn't even be mad.
>>
>>81493683
All I want
All I've ever wanted from te MCU
is a sweeping shot of the Avengers, the GotG, and The Defenders all posing as a team while Cap says, "ASSEMBLE!"
>>
>>81488225
The Avengers don't know about Tahiti. Coulson being alive again is still classified.

And after what Coulson went through, I don't think Fury would use it again. Coulson would lose his shit if he tried.
>>
>>81495104
That's nice that you put so much thought into it, but that's clearly Bucky's HYDRA storage thing.

The movie version will actually be more of a gray area conflict, as opposed to Iron Hitler and his transdimensional gulag from the comic
>>
>>81495873
You have to do it right first

>Thanos does his thing to all the heroes
>Everybody on their last legs
>Cap is the only one left standing
>As expected >>81494777 >>81494806 ensues
>Using the Time Gem he reduces Cap to 100 lb weakling Steve
>Gives a speech about "the glory of victory" or some shit and offers this generous bounty to that of Death
>Despite having the shit kicked out of him and nowhere near as strong as before gives a rousing speech about how they'll never give in, never surrender.
>His words cause the other heroes to get to their feet
"You may be invincible and unstoppable, but as long as we breathe, we'll keep defending the people we love, we'll keep guarding the world we live in and if we fail to save the world today, you can be damn sure we'll avenge it" (see what I did there? Pottery)
>Grabs Thor's hammer
>Gets decked out in full Asgardian-like Cap garby complete with full-size wings on the cowl
>Entire roster of heroes behind him

AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!

(Cataclysmic roar rips through space as even Thanos is pushed back by the intense wave of pure heroism being poured out at him)

That's how you would do it
>>
>>81495992
This is a real spoiler, so be careful In the same scene where we see a person in that tube, Bucky is laying on the ground, incapacitated, with his robot arm torn off.
>>
>>81495945
>The Avengers don't know about Tahiti. Coulson being alive again is still classified.

It makes me wonder which of the Avengers actually know.

Nat and Clint can't not know about this. What Rhodey? With all the shit with Talbot, I'd be surprised if Rhodes didn't either.

We know Pleasant Hill knows.
>>
>>81496175
No, Tony apparently tears off his arm in the final fight when he gets double-teamed by Cap & Buck. It's been shown in several trailers.

Why are you trying so hard to make this a thing?
>>
>>81494957

He's an Eternal of Titan. Somehow mutated to look all fucky.

The trick to the Eternals? They're literally Eternal. 100% impossible to kill. You blow them up to the atom, they'll coalesce back together, albeit it can take ages and ages. And so, the universe can never be safe from Thanos. And also then, the way in which Drax is bound to Thanos, that he can only die after killing Thanos, makes Drax's death impossible too. Whenever Thanos returns, Drax will return as well.
>>
>>81496143
>no "I could do this all day" after Thanos pushes weak-Steve's shit in and says "Is that all you got?"
>>
>>81495873

I hear ya man. I fucking damned well hear ya. I think we'd be up to about 65 super hero characters by the time Infinity War hits. If they go through with getting all of them in one shot, it'll be one of the most fantastically absurd things ever filmed.
>>
>>81496584
Goddamn, fucking perfect. Last bit of pottery I was missing
>>
>>81495061

He is half skrull :v
>>
>>81496143
>>81496584
>>81496834

I swear you guys are being ironic, but Infinity War 2 will be the end of an era and I'd love to see it go full circle in absolute full cheeseball glory. These are comic films, it's okay to have a stupid grin once in a while.
>>
>>81485536
I'm more interested in knowing how the heck they are supposed to defeat Thanos with the current cast of characters.
>>
File: 1511140-rescan008.jpg (96 KB, 877x960) Image search: [Google]
1511140-rescan008.jpg
96 KB, 877x960
>>81496920
>I swear you guys are being ironic
I was not. I was 100% serious in how I want that scene to play out, especially with the "Cap grabs Thor's hammer" part. That needs to happen

Also, they have to finish Thanos like this except with Tony and Steve
>>
>>81496983

My cheesy goofy fun loving brother from a darker hued mother.

I kind of want it to be Starlord in there too. I figure the Guardians are going to have the most personal connections to taking down Thanos by the end.
>>
>>81497049

(Also it'd help to show the whole of the Marvel Cinematic U united and part of the larger whole. Or at least a nice nod to all of that.)
>>
>>81496966
How do they defeat Thanos in any story with him?
>>
>>81487408
>good battle with Thanos
He could just snap his fingers and kill everyone. Even in his "honor mistress death" mode of doing things, Thanos killed all of them with practically zero effort.
>>
>>81487183
>Sly Stallone
>mfw he ends playing a retired Richard Rider
>rich is brought back to life in the comics as an old man heavily resembling Stallone
>>
>>81486706
Disassembled
>>
>>81487183

Woah really, Mantis? Huh. Gamora's characterization was half between Gamora and Mantis anyway. I figured Gunn had fused the two.
>>
>>81497888
>What's Civil War?

>>81497890
I thought about this too, maybe Gunn will let Gamora go more wild next movie and let Mantis be the straight man and do the babysitting this time.
>>
>>81497565
Adam Warlock, self-doubt and anxiety, befriending him and putting him on a team, or trapping him outside of 616 or in a pocket dimension.

If I I'm reading right, Thanos wasn't really "evil" for a long time until the end of Thanos Imperative, looks like he kinda just teetered between hero/anti-hero and bored, neutral guy that just wants to see how shit plays out.
>>
>>81487408
Sentry can be introduced in GoTG2 and becomes Micheal Korvac
>>
>>81497890
You just haven't read earlier Gamora. Do you guys not remember in Annihilation when Gamora is cracking wise with Rich and he talks about how Peter is rubbing off on her?
>>
>>81499045
What? Gunn's Gamore was nothing like Annihilation's.

In Annihilation and Guardians she's more wild, flirty and impulsive while in Guardians movie she's the straight man.
>>
>>81495061
I could see him saying this in IW to drive home the point that the roster is changing, and some of these guys will be gone for good.
>>
>>81495061
>mutant
I believe what you wanted to say was "inhuman".
>>
>>81499118
That's not what I'm saying at all. Gunn's Gamora is much closer to Starlin's. Giffen made a point of Rich noting that she's picked up some of Peter's tendencies in the time they've been travelling together. Thus the Gamora we see in DnA is much more sarcastic.

The characters in the movie don't act exactly like the characters in the DnA book because the characters in the book had been around for a long time already. Gunn drew on the earlier iterations as well because the movie characters have a condensed backstory prior to forming the Guardians.

If you noticed, the movie actually made a point of Peter rubbing off on Gamora.
>>
>>81485680
>Captain Pepsi.
dat widow, tho.
>>
>>81487408
If Drax is going to throw down with Thanos, he needs to get a major upgrade, possibly from A'lars. That's how I would do it at least.
>>
>>81486439
>OOPS
>>
>>81489429
I wonder if they could explain it with Jean Grey or Xavier forcing everyone to forget the X-Men existed
>>
>>81485680
Thanos slips on a banana peel and loses the gauntlet, allowing Black Widow to land the killing blow
>>
>>81505111
Same guy, really loving this idea now, though. Maybe not to bring the Fox-verse into the MCU, but to have X-Men who have been around maybe a decade or so. Xavier just messes with the memory of every family he gets kids from, Jean Grey erases the memory of anyone who sees them performing covert missions/fighting the Brotherhood.
Eventually it's pointed out that this is no way to live life/strive for mutant rights. You can't avoid people knowing about you forever, may as well show yourself to the world rather than be discovered.
>>
>>81491986
>I only ever read Bendis

nah, fuck off
>>
implying silver surfer wont be back within five years to marvel
>>
>Cap
>Hawkeye
>Hulk
Which Avenger will Ssssssslut Widow try to fuck in this movie?
>>
>>81494777
>Implying they won't give this scene to Iron Man

And the MCU will have been a waste of time
>>
>>81507577
The Russos are directing IW so assuming they actually do do that scene, I'd think it very likely for it to be Cap.
>>
>>81487408
They're not going to do Sentry. And you left out Scarlet Witch and BP and ANTS.

It'll be interesting to see how they justify the Inhumans though. Either introduce them after IW and try to justify BB not fighting, or have BB job beforehand
>>
>>81499045

That's literally half of the Gamora I've read. I really think her personality in the film is split between Gamora and Mantis.
>>
>>81507337
Daredevil
>>
>>81507337
Thanos. That's her play
>>
>>81488318
B-but I like Hope...
She had sexy short hair
>>
>>81489145
>If they can pull Sentry off Marvel is never going to flop
If they pull off Ant Man, Marvel is never going to-OH WAIT
>>
>>81495061
>Death will now be permanent
>never again will there be any miraculous resurrections
If only, comic books...
>>
>>81485536
>woops, the glove just slipped off
>>
>>81487025
He got his ass kicked by Ronan before the nigga even had one gem.
He'd need a serious power-up to fuck up Ronan's boss who has the whole gauntlet.
>>
Are Loki and Nebula going to continue working for him? They want back on his good graces, right?
>>
>>81487768
Really? Important as in sort of a McGuffin character or as in central to the actual interactions and having a ton of screentime?
Because I don't think Lilly can carry the latter.
>>
>>81493683
>It's foolish to think they'll be lifting at story beats directly from The Infinity Gauntlet like that.
They've done it for some movies.
>>
>>81495873
>The Defenders

Marvel is not going to put Netflix show characters along with the kid friendly movies, stop wishful thinking.
>>
>>81494806
Nope

https://youtu.be/445xXmAa-w8?t=7m10s
>>
I feel like most of IW part 1 will be the setup for IW part 2, with part 1 focusing mostly on linking together a lot of the heroes together on Earth, being partially full of quips and witty banter before they fight Thanos. Part 1 probably ends with Thanos showing up to grab the Aether and get the 5th gem, probably killing Vision mid-fight to get the 4th. And assuming that most of Asgard is wrecked during Ragnarok, Thor probably stores the Tesseract on Earth, feeling it's safest amongst the last bastion of hope in the universe.

Part 2 is going to be Thanos showing up to Earth and wrecking shit, lots of heroes dying or getting seriously wounded. He gets the last gem and goes to vaporize the universe, and Cap makes the final call:

"Avengers, assemble!"

Whoever is left alive shows up (my guess is a Hammer-wielding Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, Ant-Man, Spidey, Dr. Strange, all of GotG, Black Panther, a couple mutants [probably Wolverine and Rogue], and 1 or 2 heroes from Marvel's TV/Netflix cast) and while a bunch of them die, Cap finally separates the gauntlet from Thanos and uses the power of the stones to reset everything and kill Thanos.

This lets most all of Phase 1-3 actors get spotlight, sets up actors for post-IW and Phase 4+, gets mutants back into MCU, and lets Phase 1-3 heroes successfully "retire" having saved the universe for Phase 4+ to protect.
>>
>>81512420
>gets mutants back into MCU
Not sure why you think that's part of the plan here, Fox ain't giving the X-Men rights back,
>>
So what part will the defenders have in the later movies?
Cameos or more impressive ?
>>
>>81512517
Glorified cameos are the safest bet.
>>
No more new heroes. No mutants, no Fantastic Four. Please. No Surfer.

I was mad enough when Spidey got in. What I liked about the MCU was its focus on characters film audiences hadn't seen much of.

It works best with a semi simplified commonground between these properties. Throwing all this shit into the mix is just going to turn it into the clusterfuck that is comics. They're going to alienate the already weary audiences by overexposure.

Focus on quality, not quantity. Work on telling great stories with the foundations you've set up already, not continually starting new ones. You have a great cast of side-characters ready to be a new focus for when the big names drop out. Don't bring in Wolverine and Dr. Doom and muck it all up.
>>
>>81512517
no part.
>>
>>81494952
this cartoon should actually be called "Iron Man and the Avengers"
>>
>>81512497
Last I heard/read, Deadpool takes place in MCU, and that had mutants. Plus I thought Fox was working on a deal with Marvel so that Marvel helps Fox write and pay for production of new X-Men movies, and in return Marvel can use mutants for specific roles/films.
>>
>>81513329
Nobody ever said that Deadpool was MCU, but Reynolds did say it doesn't necessarily take place in the Foxverse and after all the final fight was on a wrecked helicarrier

Either they're trying to tease us and you're right, or Reynolds/the producers didn't feel like tying DP with the X-men canon all that much
>>
>>81513329
>Last I heard/read, Deadpool takes place in MCU
No.
>>
File: dc5.jpg (158 KB, 553x936) Image search: [Google]
dc5.jpg
158 KB, 553x936
>>81485536
They'll use Star-Lord instead.
>>
>>81513470
Fox probably told them to let it be a very loose connection in case it flopped, Marvel I would guess let them use references too because it's fucking Deadpool.
Even were Fox to add Deadpool into the X-men universe, they're not currently in the same time-era so they would need to establish that they've converged somehow first.
>>
>>81491986
This.
He's really cool as is.
>>
>>81496892
I was bout to chastise you but that was one of the only cool should-be-canon ideas to come out of that series.
>>
So how does Guardians of the Galaxy fit into the MCU anyways?
It's set in the same time as the other movies, i.e. the present, right?
So why are there human space civilizations?
Will the MCU ever interact with them?
Does Thor know them?
Does Earth know there are Aliens other than Thor?
>>
>>81516358
nobody knows?
>>
>>81516358
The movies happen in real-time.
>>
>>81516358
They'll probably join forces with the Avengers in Infinity War.
>>
>>81516358

>So why are there human space civilizations?

Xandarians. They look human for the same reason superman does. Earth didn't know about aliens until Thor and the Avengers happened.

>Does Earth know there are Aliens other than Thor?

Presumably, considering Thor told them as much, and the Chitauri invaded. Agents of SHIELD also showed they know of the existence of the Kree.
>>
>>81485536
Sound design generally is completely independant from the sounds they originally recorded.
>>
>>81485680
The same thing they always do - punch him in the face.

You honestly don't expect them to find solutions that aren't made up of: "find his silly weakness" plus: "punch him in the face"?
>>
>>81493683
They have teased the "Avengers Assemble" line

It's gonna happen when Cap lifts Thor's Hammer and yells it
>>
>>81512600
they should bring in Dr. Doom

I just want a good on screen Doom okay?
>>
>>81485824
>was done way before 4stick flopped,

There was no way that thing was going to be anything but a flop. And it's pretty damn clear people in the industry were aware of it, too. Why else do you think Trank was off the Star Wars project months before Fantastic Four was out? Or the e-mail from the Sony leaks where Kinberg said that he told Amy Pascal the truth about Trank like almost a year before the movie was released?
>>
>>81519744
That being said I doubt that Mikkelsen is Doom.
>>
>>81485824
that's a fake, the russos admitted spidey was their only plan, they didn't have a 2nd script commissioned in case the sony deal fell through

BASED RUSSOS
>>
>>81519744
>Or the e-mail from the Sony leaks where Kinberg said that he told Amy Pascal the truth about Trank like almost a year before the movie was released?

Wat
>>
>>81520562
Go into wikileaks' Sony emails page, search for Trank. The latest email result is from 10/24/2014 and it had Kinberg saying to Rachel O’Connor that he just told Amy Pascal the truth about Trank. That tells me that Sony already knew Fantastic Four was having serious problems almost a year before the movie and Disney/Marvel probably knew it too.
Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.