[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would losing him be worth it for a total reboot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_20160303_142525.jpg (261 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160303_142525.jpg
261 KB, 612x816
Would losing him be worth it for a total reboot?
>>
>>81475521
I don't want a reboot and I hated both BvS and MoS. I'm so tired of origin stories. Just find a way to make it work ffs.
>>
No. But losing the DC Cinematic Universe would be worth getting a solo Batfleck film.

Batman is the only DC hero you can make a movie for. Eventually I hope WB will realize this when everything burns to the ground.
>>
>>81475579
Nightwing?
>>
>>81475521
no. just dust yourself off warner and keep going.
thats the respectful thing to do.

learn from your mistakes and keep fucking going.
>>
File: 18ahbhp0ybltojpg.jpg (15 KB, 305x305) Image search: [Google]
18ahbhp0ybltojpg.jpg
15 KB, 305x305
we are fucking screwed you guys.
warner is going to reject afflecks script and they are going to rewrite batman into a comedy. fuck.

wouldnt be surprised if they make batman break the 4th wall... warner seems so fucking out of touch they might actually do it
>>
>>81475521
wait and see
>>
>>81475620
Nightwing is Batman-property, basically "young Batman except he's not" but it'd be like making a Robin-movie. Not gonna work.
>>
>>81475521
How about a reboot that keeps Ben Affleck as Batman
>>
>>81475579
Man, batfags are really annoying.
>>
>>81475834
like a reverse Schumacher
>>
>>81475708
Nah, Bruce is brooding and dark, Dick is cheery and nice. Basically they both show the different ways to deal with tragedy. Both lost their parents, but while Bats came out as a dark, grim asshole, Nightwing came out as a lighthearted, (Trigger Warning) fun character.
>>
>>81475521
that mask is dumb
>>
>>81475655
>rewrite batman into a comedy
Fund it. /co/ loves Schumacher now.
>>
>>81475895
You are dumb.

Anyway, we don't need another anti-DC thread.
>>
>>81475834

this. at this point it'd be fucking fine. there are already a shit ton of re-boots and retconning bullshit, it's not like anyone would be unable to figure it out.

just let affleck do it.
>>
>>81475621
>>81475655
>>81475703
>>81475885
>>81475895
>>81475926
>no caps
>no punctuation
Uh-oh. have Americans forgotten how to write or...?
>>
>>81475655
>WB seems so fucking out of touch
They never have it to begin with, WB are just a bunch of pussy that ain't understand jack-shit of how to run a good business.
>>
how to save the dceu in easy steps

>film new movie with no mention of changed universe
>have someone spout a line "bruce, do you believe in the theory of a multiverse?"
>all movies going forward take place in a much more colorful universe where not everyone is an edge lord
>snyder verse remains the red headed step child no one talks about
>make you series of films
>keep batman dark
>have final movie show every universe (all past batman actors, green lantern, superman, watchmen, ect)
>have snyderverse show up and die first, horribly.
>have zack cameo in a scene where a building collapses on top of him
>>
The only people who want a reboot are superman fans
I can empathize but no way in hell should we lose this Batman
>>
>>81475964
>not using quips
You're fired.
>>
>>81475708
With a good director and a good script anything can work.
>>
>>81475941
i just dont care to be grammatically correct on an image board with threads that get wiped out completely after a few weeks.
>>
>>81475941
Your on the wrong board, fag.
>>
>>81475941
Mobile posting, probably

>>81475621
>learn from your mistakes and keep fucking going.

But that's the thing, critics let alone audiences don't like the universe as set by the first two films.

So should WB go the Batman Forever route (except recasting) where everything looks bright and different without explanation?
>>
>>81475708
I agree Robin is cancerous as a property
No way would Nightwing work
>>
File: DC Multiverse.jpg (1 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
DC Multiverse.jpg
1 MB, 3975x3056
>>81475964
Wish DC had the balls to actually make a cinematic universe that did the comics justice, but nerds can't hope to stand up against Hollywood executives.
>>
>>81476020
>let alone audiences
I liked it tho.
>>
>>81475834
No you have plenty of good actors
you need to take the fox route and just soldier on
>>
>>81475893
Dick doesn't even deal with tragedy by being happy he had the luck and privilege to have a billionaire adopt him
He's like one of those african babies that are adopted by famous actors
>>
>>81476001
Sure, but this is DC/Warner Bros. The put the Ayn Rand-loving Zack Snyder on handling the poster boy for altruism.
>>
They could use the Flash movie as a way to reboot the universe through time travel but keep Affleck as Batman.
>>
>>81475521
God yes.
>>
>>81475941
are you new to the internet or just convinced nobody ever made this cutting observation before?

tell us the one about airline peanuts again, grandpa
>>
>>81476067
He watched his parents die right in front of him. Pretty sure that can be counted as tragedy.
>>
>>81475521
Nope. I don't want Cavill or Affleck or the darker tone of DC movies to leave.
I do, however, want Snyder to leave. Dark movies and stories can be done perfectly well (contrary to what /co/ memes about, this is also very true for Superman) but they're a lot harder to pull off. I want DC to aim for that bar, but Snyder is just not the man to hit it.
>>
File: moneylender.jpg (12 KB, 279x269) Image search: [Google]
moneylender.jpg
12 KB, 279x269
>>81476029
But catering to actual comics fans don't bring in the billions.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrY9kL_0Z4I
>>
>>81477344
i feel bad for this guy
i wanted this movie to do bad
and it did...
and i just feel bad about it
he didnt deserve all that hate
but he also shouldnt have been given the part
>>
If Bond can keep Judy Dench while changing everything else, why can't DC keep Affleck while changing everything else?
>>
>>81475521
>Rebooting AGAIN
If BvS didn't kill DC movies, this would.
>>
>>81477010
A darker tone means nothing but that you are doing a darker tone. It doesn't mean it's better, worse or anything. It's a description, like saying a bush is green. Not wanting a tone to leave in favour of a better film, is like not wanting a red bush that looks way better than the green one, simply because you don't want the green colour to disappear.
>>
File: goddamn-batman.jpg (193 KB, 895x503) Image search: [Google]
goddamn-batman.jpg
193 KB, 895x503
>>81475521
so... batflec was based off the god damn batman right? looks just like him
>>
>>81477627
My point is, in your analogy, that I want a green bush that looks just as good as the red one, because I prefer the color green (apt analogy anon, green is my favorite color). I personally want to see dark toned DC movies, but not in the way Snyder (mis)handled BvS. It's not like it can't be done- Dark Knight trilogy, the first two acts of TWS, etc. all did it well. It's just that Snyder doesn't seem to be capable of pulling it off.
>>
>>81478245
OR how about a Universe that is not homogen and only has green bushes but both green and red bushes so that both people who like green and red bushes can shut the fuck up and be happy. And so that people who like green bushes can stop fucking trying to turn Superman into one. Superman is not a dark character. The only dark Superman storys are either bad or exceptions in a mostly light world.
>>
No. You can pry Batfleck from my cold dead hands.
>>
File: batman with white visors.jpg (319 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
batman with white visors.jpg
319 KB, 612x792
>>81475521
>no white visors
Am I wrong for thinking this would look WAY better?

Took like 5 minutes. And don't even go telling me they wouldn't be able to make it work they could use CG or something. I hate seeing Batmans eyes. He's supposed to represent fear and be a demon to criminals. He looks like such a fucking jackass when you can see his eyes and this has ALWAYS bugged me in every batman movie that takes itself seriously like this one and others.
>>
>>81478473
So you agitated for the removal of Batffleck and greater controls over Batffleck in the aftermath of Daredevil, but when those same controls you had agitated for were brought in you claimed always to have sided with the populists you relied upon for your income and ended up a bitter old man defending the indefensible?

Good for you, at least you had principles, even if nobody could ever actually respect the principles you had. You made a bad decision and stuck to it. Well, the second time anyway.
>>
>>81478764
Doesn't convey emotion. If you're not conveying emotion there's no point to closeups (they look ridiculous, which is part of why it works for Deadpool and has in the past worked for Spider-Man) and if there's no point to something you either cut it (which is not in Mr. Affleck's contract) or you do it and look fucking stupid.

Yes, I know. There's still a hundred ways it could have been worse.
>>
>>81478764
Lack of white eyes is the only thing that keeps that suit from total perfection. If they can do it for Deadpool they can do it for Batman.
>>
>>81475521
Were not gona get a reboot from 1 bad movie when the DCEU hardly started
>>
>>81478473
Seconded thirded and forthed. I like my Batgod on screen and you faggots wont take him away from me without a fight!
>>
>>81478358
>Superman is not a dark character.
No, but he can be placed in a dark world for interesting effects. That's what I wanted from BvS, to throw the optimistic Superman into the real world and bring hope to a pessimistic story. That's incredibly interesting.
>The only dark Superman storys are either bad or exceptions in a mostly light world.
I've been reading Superman for years. Some of the very best moments of Superman are, to me, when he's as humbled as we are by the world we live in. Peace on Earth is one of my favorite Superman stories ever made. It's a very dark story, but never lets go of the core Superman character. That's the kind of thing I'd love for Superman in the DCEU.
A dark Superman story done properly is something I'd absolutely love. And if it's written and directed well, you can bet the general audience would love it. As you've said, a darker tone doesn't automatically mean a movie is better or worse. Adhering to the proper standards of filmmaking does, and that's the issue plaguing DCEU Superman. If, say, George Miller or Guillermo Del Toro or Alfonso Cuaron were to make a dark, philosophically charged Superman movie, I'd immediately be more hyped for that than movie any other.
>>
>>81478834
>doesn't convey emotion
>there's no point

that IS the point though. Batman isn't supposed to convey emotion, and if he does (which is rarely) it's through his gestures or his scowl, or hell if they were half the talented directors they think they are through the atmosphere of the scene. NOT his eyes.

Having white visors is part of batman. They strike fear into the criminals that face him because he looks like a heartless cold embodiment of justice coming at you in the night. Without them it looks way more fucking stupid because it shows them that he's human underneath. That has no point.

but I suppose that's just an opinion. for me it fucking ruins it. I cannot take the design seriously when i can see the eyes. it's hilarious and sad and annoyingly stupid all at the same time.
>>
>>81479253
>I've been reading Superman for years. Some of the very best moments of Superman are, to me, when he's as humbled as we are by the world we live in. Peace on Earth is one of my favorite Superman stories ever made. It's a very dark story, but never lets go of the core Superman character. That's the kind of thing I'd love for Superman in the DCEU.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant, Supes is a light-hearted cheery character in a cheery world, so when there are good-written dark storys it hits even harder. Pretty sure we're basically on the same page, just desribing it differently.
>>
>>81478798
Not sure who you're talking to, but since you replied to my post: I liked Batfleck from the minute he was cast and was always looking forward to what he could do with the part. And he didn't disappoint. He was the first convincing Batman/Bruce since Michael Keaton to me, and he did it with a fuckawful script. Imagine what he could do in something not written by retards.
>>
>>81477113
It's true. Maybe they should just stick to the tv shows. Flash is god tier. Super girl has gotten better. Arrow can be salvaged... Gotham is shit but normies love it. They could even work with HBO on brining a Sandman comic. IF DC ABSOLUTELY HAS TO MAKE MOVIES... Stick with Batman and perhaps have a blue beetle and booster gold comedy/cop-bro comedy. DC could then use their next movie that has to deal with snyder some multiverse shit since The Flash has introduced multiverse to norms pretty well. Multiverse ends up with more light hearted characters. Slight comedy aspects more of... "MahChristopherReeves" modern day with a new guy-next-door actor, Batfleck, Super Cop Bros, insert someotherthings.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.