[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you feel if the DC Extended Universe actually pulled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: 3fe.jpg (696 KB, 2203x1996) Image search: [Google]
3fe.jpg
696 KB, 2203x1996
How would you feel if the DC Extended Universe actually pulled an Injustice on us?

Man of Steel and Batman v Superman showed us that the current Superman is weak-willed, flawed, and had significant differences in upbringing. Both Ma and Pa Kent wanted to stop him from being a hero, he's willing to kill, and it does seem possible that he has a god complex. The Knightmare showed us that Lois dying is all it would take for him to snap and basically become Injustice Superman and though the Flash scene is a bit ambiguous, the most obvious interpretation is that he's warning Bruce about Superman, especially when he says that Lois is the key.

How would you react if Superman straight up became evil in the movie verse and another Superman was pulled in from a parallel universe to beat the shit out of him?
>>
I do find it disturbing how many comparisons to injustice these movies get. And not even here. Freaking youtube keeps recommending I look at a "Batman vs Superman Injustice Movie" which I guess is the game cut scenes?

Thing is, Injustice was interesting because you got the hero's fall. This Superman never had a real rise so he doesn't have nearly as fall to far and there's no before and after contrast to be interesting. I don't buy that he gives a shit about the human race with maybe two exceptions, much less the greater nebulous whole, so it wouldn't be a compelling story to me if he went evil. You gotta be good first.
>>
>>81472315
>Both Ma and Pa Kent wanted to stop him from being a hero

Where did you get that from?

Pa kent says that the person he will grow up to be will change the world.
He says that the world will eb afaid of him (lhe as right).

Martha tell him that he doesnt have to be a hero, is not his obligation, it has to be his call, he has to want to be a hero.

You are pretty dumb.
>>
>>81472361
Pa Kent is so much more concerned with keeping his powers a secret to the point of entertaining the notion that he should have let a bus full of children drown, and then he ends up letting himself die rather than reveal Clark's secret.
>>
>>81472315
How did you think Snyder would adopt Injustice when he doesn't even know what it is?
The guy doesn't know anything out side of DKR and movies.
>>
>>81472315
>weak-willed

Dude has been through some serious shit and still manages to hang onto his ideals and redeem Batman.

He's more iron willed than Comics Superman who hasn't been constantly kicked down to such a concentrated extent.
>>
>>81472397
So the guy loves his son so much that he wants to protect him? wow.
>>
>>81472397
Because he thought Clark wasn't ready, not that he thought he never would be. It was very clear that Jonathan thought Clark would eventually become Superman.
>>
>>81472469
>Dude has been through some serious shit and still manages to hang onto his ideals and redeem Batman.

Probably what I most enjoyed about the movie as a whole, especially after Man of Steel.
>>
>>81472469
Shhh. You can't say stuff like that here. You have to believe this Superman goes around killing children and punching puppies right in their fucking faces.
>>
>>81472529
Why is there a post like this every time someone defends BvS?
>>
File: 1456214271224.jpg (112 KB, 800x645) Image search: [Google]
1456214271224.jpg
112 KB, 800x645
I just want my feel good Superman movie
>>
>>81472643
Probably the amount of retards that want to keep the blindhate even when presented with arguments.
>>
Yeah, the executives at WB are totally going to understand a pitch about evil Superman and greenlight it.
>>
>>81472652
watch Meteorman
>>
>>81472658
Yeah but it makes the person posting it seem completely ass blasted.
>>
>>81472315
Only if they're played by different actors.

>MoS Cavill Supes goes all Injustice.
>stopped by Supergirl Supes played by Tom Welling
>>
>>81472397
>People still completely miss the point behind that scene

Keep in mind Clark's like, eight or nine at this time, and Jonathan is trying to explain why it is important that Clark doesn't do reckless shit like use his powers in public, all the while the entire time Pa is struggling with the words because he has not yet explained to Clark his true origin.

Clark essentially was not ready at such an early age to face the massive, world changing consequences if his secret was revealed to the world, and Jonathan was trying to convey it awkwardly. He was acting like a devoted father would. Not encourage a kid to play hero irresponsibly.
>>
>>81472315
>weak willed
>destroys the world engine with sheer force of will

Ok
>>
>>81472397
Not defending Jonathan but one of the last scenes in the movies shows that Jonathan knows Clark will become someone amazing and a force of good

He just freaked because Clark was under 18 those 2 times and guess what

The world would have torn Clark apart
>>
>>81472315
>weak willed

Nigger did u see the scene where he flew with goddamn kryptonite and stabbed doomsday in the chest
>>
>>81472315
>weak-willed
Yes... that is why he sacrificed himself twice to stop Doomsday, the 2nd time killed him and for all he knew the first time with the Nuke might have. He did not hesitate for a second to cling to DD when he saw the nuke coming.
>Both Ma and Pa Kent wanted to stop him from being a hero
For Fuck's sake...
>he's willing to kill
That is a good thing.
>and it does seem possible that he has a god complex
I see zero evidence of this, he never abuses his power and never lords it over people.

>>81472397
>Pa Kent is so much more concerned with keeping his powers a secret to the point of entertaining the notion that he should have let a bus full of children drown
Yes because him being revealed could cause the deaths of hundreds if not thousands of people.
Africans & Muslims have started genocides over far lesser things then a being coming into existence that proves their god does not exist.
>>
>>81472652
You got 5... F I V E of them.
>>
>>81473017
He means "weak-willed" in that his will is actually tested, and so he struggles, and seeing Superman struggle really triggers most of his manchild fans.
>>
>>81472315
Whatever makes you feel better at this point.
>>
File: pika.jpg (12 KB, 407x286) Image search: [Google]
pika.jpg
12 KB, 407x286
>>81472397
>these are the kinds of people that didn't like MoS
>>
>>81473037
Superboy: the adventures of Superman when he was a boy!
>>
>>81472469
>redeem Batman
People keep saying this like he made some kind of active effort. He threatened Bruce and slapped him around a bit before getting his own shit pushed in. His contribution to Batman's redemption was almost dying due to a lack of conflict resolution skills. Martha did more to redeem Bruce.
>>
>>81472967
>Jonathan is trying to explain why it is important that Clark doesn't do reckless shit like use his powers in public
>saving a literal bus of school kids from drowning
>too reckless
I get it, there were risks in revealing his abilities too so many, but fuck, if pa Kent isn't behind saving a bunch of children over inaction when given seconds to make the decision...I'm sorry, but NOT MUH PA KENT.
>>
>>81475868
>, if pa Kent isn't behind saving a bunch of children over inaction when given seconds to make the decision...I'm sorry, but NOT MUH PA KENT.

But thats not what he says for fucks sake. He is saying he doesnt have all the answers.
>>
>>81472315
While MoS and BvS were fucking trash, I think you're overreacting here.
>>
File: EARTH2_17a.jpg (101 KB, 578x878) Image search: [Google]
EARTH2_17a.jpg
101 KB, 578x878
>>81472315
Actually with the Omega symbol and the Parademons it seems more like Superman would join Darkseid. And you know what, I'd love to see Brutaal on the big screen stomping the entire JL.

The Man of Murder meme has already became a staple of the Snyder movies, might as well go all the way.
>>
The whole "supermang kills" baww is lame. Sure, he killed an obsolete, insane meta-human. A fellow super-powered alien. Did he kill a human mugger? Naw mayne.
>>
>>81472315
>How would you feel if the DC Extended Universe actually pulled an Injustice on us?
Releasing Man of Steel then Dawn of Justice is already an injustice on us.
>>
File: ExplainThisShit.gif (538 KB, 245x320) Image search: [Google]
ExplainThisShit.gif
538 KB, 245x320
>>81475972
The first dialogue between him and Clark after the incident
>Clark: I just wanted to help...
>Pa: I know you did, but we talked about this. You have to keep this side of yourself a secret!
>Clark: Well what was I supposed to do, let them die?!
>Pa:...Maybe.
What the fuck is this? I get he wants to protect his son from the (even up to this point still hypothetical) backlash, but holy shit. His son just saved 20+ lives and the first goddamn thing he suggests is "Well maybe you should've let them die." Pa motherfucking Kent is actually suggesting letting a bus full of kids drown in a river would be a better choice then being heroic for even a moment. What the flying fuck. No wonder this Superman doesn't know how to smile. Every time he saves a life he gets flashbacks of this bullshit.
>>
>>81472315
It would be a good way to make the next generation hate superman. That is what they are going for with these moves right?
>>
>>81472830
You know you're a boring Superman when Tom Welling manages to look like less of a cardboard

(note: I like Tom Welling and Henry Cavill but jesus christ)

Dean Cain for Kingdom Come Supes
>>
>>81476334
>What the fuck is this? I get he wants to protect his son from the (even up to this point still hypothetical) backlash, but holy shit. His son just saved 20+ lives and the first goddamn thing he suggests is "Well maybe you should've let them die." Pa motherfucking Kent is actually suggesting letting a bus full of kids drown in a river would be a better choice then being heroic for even a moment
STOP MOTHER FUCKING LYING YOU GOD DAMN MOTHER FUCKER, The backlash against his son was NOT the only god damn thing they were worried about he said...
>"There is more at stake then just our lives and the lives around us"
Thousands of lives hang in the balance, if aliens were proved to exist, Muslims would throw a shit fit the likes of which this world has never known.
>>
>>81476334
I'm not that anon but...Yes, that's one of the point, he really don't know what to do with his son's power or what he should advice him to do, it's just like he said he don't have all the answer.

As a father, Pa Kent want his son to be a normal man rather than a superman.
>>
>>81476541
>Thousands of lives hang in the balance, if aliens were proved to exist, Muslims would throw a shit fit the likes of which this world has never known
This is an entirely hypothetical scenario that relies on people even knowing who Clark beyond "guy who can lift buses". It's absurd to imagine him saving a school bus in a small farm town will erupt into a global religious war or some shit. He's not holding debates on CNN for fuck's sake.

Would have been so hard to write something more along the lines of:
>You did a good thing saving those kids, but you have to understand there's more to worry about than just you and the people you're helping. There are consequences to letting people know you can do these things
Pa Kent actually suggesting he should just do nothing to help people in danger is the antithesis of Superman. It's madness to have him of all people say that in a fucking origin story for Superman.
>>
>>81476856
>It's madness to have him of all people say that in a fucking origin story for Superman.
Not if the entire fucking point is to artistically choose to make a film asking what happens when Clark is brought up from a cynical point of view.
>>
>>81476541
>Thousands of lives hang in the balance
Odd how Pa wasn't thinking that when he pulled a god knows what alien baby from a spaceship and raised it among the general human population. Could've wiped out half the country from microbes alone, and that's assuming the thing doesn't turn into some flesh eating abomination when it grows up. That was an incredible gamble just so you could have a kid to help work the farm.
>>
>>81477793
Go to bed Snyder
>>
>>81472315
Then I would forgive MOS and BvS Superman entirely. People are protecting a genocidal xenophobic Superman who needlessly destroyed all his own culture to establish how no kill code. It's an absolutely garbage Superman. If the pulled a parallel one out another universe I'd be over the moon.
>>
File: CUqFQw8VAAAIV_O.jpg (50 KB, 600x509) Image search: [Google]
CUqFQw8VAAAIV_O.jpg
50 KB, 600x509
1. How can Wonder Woman's sword hurt Doomsday? I thought he can only be hurt with Kryptonite

2. If Doomsday can be hurt with Wonder Woman's word, why can't Superman just borrow the sword and stab Doomsday in the chest

3. Why not give the Kryptonite spear to Wonderwoman and let her do it

4. Or you know, just throw the spear as projectile
>>
>>81478113
The sword is magic. Kyrptonians have no special defense against magic. There is no reason Wonder women couldn't have killed him with it or use the spear to kill him
>>
>>81478113
Because Doomsday is for all intents and purposes a Kryptonian(albeit a mutated one) and carries the same weaknesses. Her weapons are literal gifts from the gods that have been imbued with magic. Superman would get hurt if he got slashed with the sword too. Wonder Woman could have killed Doomsday. I'm going to chalk that up to "The movie wasn't about her"
>>
>>81478113
1: it's magic. Magic affects Kryptonians the same way it affects everything else.
2:Doomsday could have, in all likelihood, recovered.
3&4: bad writing, and desperately wanting to throw in a Morte d'Arthur reference. Because referencing old books is how you make something deep and compelling, right?
>>
>>81478290
>the movie wasn't about her
Having now seen it, it should've been.
>>
>>81472652

Do you think Superman would stop for 5 minutes to help some emo if Zod was in another city destroying it and murdering people?

Get over yourself.
>>
>Superman reveals his power as a child
>Batman finds him and kills him

>Zod comes to earth and destroys it

Fucking idiots
>>
>>81478377
Yeah it probably would have been a better movie. Then again I can easily think of a hundred minor changes that would have made it better

First and foremost letting literally anyone but Hack Snyder direct.
>>
File: Snyderfags.jpg (110 KB, 634x500) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfags.jpg
110 KB, 634x500
>>81472315
>How would you feel if the DC Extended Universe actually pulled an Injustice on us?
>snyderfags are actually okay with "fixing" this shit with easily one of the worst DC related stories ever
I see we're at the bargaining stage now
>>
>>81478470
You clearly didn't think this through, did you?
>>
>>81478413
He would try. That's the point.
>>
>>81478943

>the city of me

Batman still kills Kal though
>>
>>81478998

Yeah he did try you retard, it's a bit hard when you're loosing a fight.

If he takes time to save the emo loads of others die, but obviously you think that's better because "at least i got to see it on screen" "at least it was spoon fed to me"
>>
>>81478470
But the only reason Zod came to Earth was because Superman turned on the ship.

If Batman killed kid Superman, Zod would never have found Earth for some time.
>>
Where did the kryptonite come from anyways? I never watched the movie, and only read reviews.
>>
>>81478113
>4. Or you know, just throw the spear as projectile
This is a dumb meme I keep seeing people throw this around, but they never consider the fact that he could have just swatted it away. Or you know, taken it out of his body, and threw it far away. Someone had to hold it in him.

>2. If Doomsday can be hurt with Wonder Woman's word, why can't Superman just borrow the sword and stab Doomsday in the chest
Obviously he didn't know that as he was busy rescuing Lois during the time where you saw Wonder Woman cutting off his arm.
>>
>>81479295
Then either go watch the movie or read the description online if you don't want to pay money for it.
>>
>>81472408
well Snyder obviously didn't know anything about Superman and they let him do 2 Superman movies
>>
>>81478470
Actually that was back when Bats was all happy and shit with his Robin. If that happened we'd probably get a Batman trained Superman whose besties with Dick Grayson.
>>
>>81479295
They don't explain it oturight but it came from the giant terraformer machine.
>>
>>81472315

Mad enough to seek Snyder and beat him up with a baseball bat.
>>
>>81472315
I think they should go for a Crisis on Two Earths / Injustice / Justice Lords scenario. That's something that's uniquely DC, and it would be cool to see all the different characters fighting evil versions of themselves.
>>
>>81472315
>Cavillman subjugates the entire world.
>Portal opens.
>Alternate Superman comes to save us from the Man of Murder.

I would love it.
>>
>>81472361
Pa kent is only there to drive an Ayn Randian philosophy of,
>"yeah, you did good saving those people. BUT WHAT ABOUT DEM DROWNED HORSES AND THEIR WAY OF LIFE, YOU FUCKED UP SON, YOU FUCKED UP".
>>
>>81472315
You know what this movie really sets up?

A Kindgom Come movie, one where the "superheroes" are the ones taking the mantle of the edgy-tryhard-HARDMENWHOMAKEHARDCHOICESWHILEHARD heroes who are more worried about themselves than the people they are supposed to be saving.

It is unfortunate that there is no previously existing JSA to put them DC's Moon Knight and DC's The Sentry in place.
>>
>>81472354
Maybe his fall is with us. Superman falls from where we think he is to where he is in the films. We're the ones disappointed in him and we're the ones who'll witness his rise back up to greatness.
>>
>>81480080
If DC finished their movie universe with Kingdom Come I'd wet myself. I honestly would.
>>
File: a better plan.png (81 KB, 641x360) Image search: [Google]
a better plan.png
81 KB, 641x360
>>81479329
>This is a dumb meme I keep seeing people throw this around, but they never consider the fact that he could have just swatted it away. Or you know, taken it out of his body, and threw it far away. Someone had to hold it in him.
Where is your God now?
>>
>>81472315
disappointed?

Everything is lining up to be a return to the form of DC canon. Lex is in jail, probably undergoing character change (think Morrison's action comics with slob Lex), Batman gained hope from Superman's sacrifice and didn't brand Luthor, Superman accepted his role in the world and sacrificed himself, and the world universally mourned him.

Everything is lined up to be pitch perfect with the source material, Terrio mentioned JL would be lighter in tone than BvS as well.
>>
>>81478413
I'm pretty sure the image is supposed to contrast how Supes doesn't have any major humanizing moments.

Sure, stopping his fight with Zod to go save someone contemplating suicide is jarring and disrupts the story, but its not like there aren't over an hour and a half of other places in the story that a scene like that could fit.

>>81479074

But it sounds like you'd prefer a film devoid of humanity, where we get to see Superman becoming distant and disconnected from the world he cares about enough to protect with his own life.

In fact, why don't we just watch a 2 hour film about Superman brooding in space about "muh jesus themes", that should be good, right?
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.