[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sentry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
Movie sentry

or

Netflix Sentry that is self contained while existing in the MCU?
>>
>>81469332
Movie. Netflix show wouldn't have the budget they'd need.
>>
>>81469332

Netflix. You need a slow burn to make the Void reveal work, and with 13 hours or so there's plenty of time to build up tension and slowly increase people's discomfort with the character.
>>
>>81469332
How about no fucking Sentry at all?
>>
>>81469427
Sentry would be a good contrast to the MCU, he wouldnt quip, instead he'll give depth
>>
>>81469427
How about fuck you

Netflix.
>>
Netflix

Episode 1-8 deals about paranoia about Void always coming after him

Episode 8-13 deals about facing your fears

no need for cameos, Just Sentry visiting MCU places is enough like drinking coffee where Cap did in Avengers and imagining himself as Steve
>>
>>81469416

that would never happen, Jessica Jones had the cheapest special effects ever.

thi guy is literally marvel's superman, that shit doesn't work on a small budget and netflix doesn't spend that much on cape shit

supergirl has better cgi that JJ and doube dick
>>
>>81469332
Netflix. Make the powers less intense if need be for budgetary reasons, but the Sentry's story should unfold slower than a movie can do.

Also while it would take place in the MCU, they should never mention, show, or otherwise bring up the Sentry after the show's conclusion for obvious reasons.
>>
>>81469440
>>81469456
I'm glad he's dead or fucked off to the edge of the galaxy or whatever. I hope he stays there.
>>
>>81469332
If I had a say in it, I'd have the Avengers, the Defenders, or the Agents of SHIELD to drop into an alternate universe where instead of turning Steve Rogers (here played by a different actor) into a super soldier, the serum turned him into the Sentry.

Void is either (as he is in the comics), the Sentry's darker half or Bucky Barnes after having been captured and experimented on by HYDRA in a desperate bid to create a superhuman they could control.

So just a brief arc, take a few potshots at MoS, have MCU Sentry promise to help them in their dimension after they give him a good turn or simply treat him like Steve instead of a god/devil like everyone else has since World War 2.
>>
>>81469530
Hyperion seems more superman-ish
>>
>>81469793
Originally, yes. His current incarnation, not so much.
>>
>>81469793
Marvel has had multiple Superman ersatzes. One was even a Skrull.
>>
>>81469332
If it's Netflix, that provides a good opportunity to let the story play out right, but unfortunately restrictions on budget and the availability of MCU actors would hamper it. So what I might lean toward is a 7-10 episode Netflix animated series separate from the MCU, or linked to it, but with no necessity to get RDJ and company to come along, and let it exist as its own, self contained entity.
>>
File: I am the face of your soul.gif (134 KB, 555x466) Image search: [Google]
I am the face of your soul.gif
134 KB, 555x466
What I've read of Sentry during and after Bendis reintroduced him to the Marvel U at large, I don't generally like. But the original miniseries by Paul Jenkins was captivating. One of the only examples of what I would call a "superhero horror story" I've ever read. Just the unsettling undercurrent of dread and unease to all of the Sentry's apparent goodness was really well communicated in the writing and the art. Does anyone know of any similar stories that would fit that genre? Because I love it.
>>
File: image.jpg (855 KB, 826x719) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
855 KB, 826x719
This real?
>>
>>81470011
Yes it is, my dad works for Marvel
>>
File: 1457917688366.jpg (57 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1457917688366.jpg
57 KB, 960x720
Netflix, MCU is already scheduled to have Captain Marvel as their superstar universe-busting heavy hitter.

Netflix is where all the low power level people belong, anyway.
>>
>>81469332
>netflix
>good CG
Haha.
>>
>>81470011
it was from reddit iirc, I dont know where it came first, saw it on ocho chan too but its not form Civil War, its a workprint, theres another picture with him infront of a green screen
>>
File: darkav_13008.jpg (59 KB, 625x417) Image search: [Google]
darkav_13008.jpg
59 KB, 625x417
>>81469332
There are so many problems with adapatation of full blown Lovecraftian cosmic horror story which is Sentry, both from business and narrative perspectives, that it's better not to bother with it altogether:

1. Way too dark for MCU movie tone. Ironically of all things in comics it's exactly the one character and story that Snyder should have done;
2. You have to power him down significantly to prolong his existence within more or less grounded MCU context, like they did with Wanda. And you don't want to do that because his whole schtic is about being and dealing with being OP as fuck;
3. Requires massive CGI budget to show how powerful both Sentry and Void are, so Netflix show won't really do the character justice.

If I was tasked with adpating Sentry nonetheless, I would opt for making easter eggs and cameos to him all over the MCU first establishing him as that troubled guy who is ridiculously powerful and who has to hide from the world because of that, maybe showing illusions of Void to people as the reason why he can't be superhero.

Then I would do a World War Hulk movie where he is the only one capable of stopping Hulk. He succeeds and nobly dies in action.

Standalone movie would make for amazing visuals though
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.