[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when Dreamworks and Netflix saved animation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Where were you when Dreamworks and Netflix saved animation?

http://blogs.indiewire.com/animationscoop/interview-margie-cohn-head-of-dreamworks-tv-animation-on-leading-the-studio-to-23-emmy-nominations-20160404
>>
>>81466710
23 emmy nominations and yet still no news on when the next season of dragons is coming out
>>
File: tumblr_o48xkeUhde1rw5c9lo1_1280.png (352 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o48xkeUhde1rw5c9lo1_1280.png
352 KB, 851x315
>>81466751
Patience. They just finished a full season order and will need time to get more out. Plus they're bad at updating on schedules. They just announced the new season for pic related and they only announced Voltron's release date for WonderCon hype.

I would expect news within the next three months.
>>
>>81466830
They've always gone with a "they're ready when they're ready" schedule.
Especially when they were doing things 5 episodes at a time, roughly quarterly.
Recently they discovered they get better ratings doing 13 at a time, so they shifted to that.
Which I guess would be roughly every half year or so.
>>
>Dinotrux season 2 hasn't been released on torrents yet
>>
Wait, how does Space Die in Outer Space get a nomination for songs over anything that's in Peabody and Sherman? The whole show is full of excellent music!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D265TmPUnWo
>>
>>81466979
No idea. It'd be pretty difficult to choose a song from Peabody and Sherman. Though Space Die is good and I was glad Bromance was chosen as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr47f9c9caM
>>
there was a thread about that anime going to toonami seeing the try and talk about cartoons and comics was amazing
>>
>>81466710
>subplot about Julien's

That's honestly pretty cool. I never thought that show would get things like a Rogues Gallery, cliffhanger endings, and story arcs, but here we are.
>>
>>81469130
*Julien's parents
>>
>>81466830
but that show sucks ass.
>>
>>81466710
does that mean well get some decent dreamworks shit on netflix. i want my kung fu panda movies!
>>
>>81469543
It's not great, but it's better written than I thought it would be. Especially since I don't like any of the other Madagascar stuff.

I think the only Dreamworks show I downright hate is Richie Rich. I don't think we've heard more about that, right?
>>
>>81469611
Their movie and TV divisions are separate, so it probably won't do much.

I do foresee them ordering more seasons and maybe a couple of new ones. Turbo FAST is already over so they need to fill that slot.
>>
>nominating series for emmys you can only watch via a payed, streaming site

is this even fair?
>>
>>81470050
They air on TV in some foreign countries.
>>
>>81470050
why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>81470050
>need a Netflix subscription to watch
>need a cable subscription to watch
>???
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.