[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that if you eat only Berries and Fish one of your eyes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: mm.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
mm.png
1 MB, 1366x768
Reminder that if you eat only Berries and Fish one of your eyes will disappear.

It starts out only milliseconds, so you won't even know the issue, you'll think you blinked, but after 21 days, it's too late, that eye will be gone forever, not just your sight, but everything about that eye.
>>
Thanks for reminding me OP I forgot all about that this is a great thread you've made here I'm really proud of you
>>
WBB is a lamentable excuse for a cartoon.
>>
>>81465178
oh fuck off
>>
is this the new thread? it's kinda weird but im fine with it
>>
>>81465178
Well, a random attention-whore just said his opinion that no one asked, better stop watching the show guys!
>>
>>81465587
>>81465896
I'd attempt to elucidate, but neither of you seem like the type to be receptive to actual criticism and instead prefer to have your low expectations validated by other bottom-dwellers.
>>
>>81466036
>actual criticism
>"WBB is a lamentable excuse for a cartoon"

name-calling tier insults isn't actual criticism
>>
>>81466036
2 many big word
>>
Can't wait for the Bigfoot Special
>>
>>81467427
>22 minutes of charlie
if I wanted that I would just watch Charlie/Charlie Ball back to back.
>>
>>81466036
I'd like to hear you explain why its a waste of a show.
>>
>>81468518
It'd be the first "actual criticism" in the first place from the guy, unlike the "WBB is a lamentable excuse for a cartoon" response, that's not criticism, it's spouting.
>>
>>81468518
The deficiencies of WBB are manifold, and if I were to spend the time to articulate a comprehensive appraisal it wouldn't fit in 3 posts so I'm going to try to be concise.

The ultimate problem with WBB is the philosophy behind the show that the creators have adopted. Thus, the problem infects every aspect of WBB as a cartoon. It cannot be pinpointed in individual aspects. It's not "the characters" or "the animaton" or "plots" that make WBB a bad show, though all of those can easily be said to be sub-par when compared with their better contemporaries. It's that the creators set out with low expectations to make a purposefully inoffensive & unambitious cartoon and that philosophy leaks throughout the entire product.

Taking a page from Japanese slice of life, the show stagnated before it even began. In an age where creators are given more free-reign and the boundaries of cartoons are being pushed, WBB deliberately clips its own wings from the start. It does not even attempt at narrative tools such as overarching continuity or plot based storytelling. It rejects them content to wallow in its own self-made boundaries for the sake of convenience. Now, these devices aren't requisite to make a good cartoon, Billy & Mandy comes to mind, but while cartoons like B&M use the lack of continuity as an asset that allows them to write radical episodic plots without having to worry about stepping on the next episode's toes, WBB only constrains itself.

The modest success of WBB comes not from its unbound creative expression or honest to god clever writing, but from borrowing a stagnant niche from overseas in the Slice of Life format and religiously sticking to it, even when it comes at an expense of every creative aspect.
>>
>>81469017
you're trying WAY to hard with those words, I used to be like you when i was a fucking teenager going around making all these words fit correctly to sound smart, even if I knew them or not, I got them all accurately placed into a paragraph or two, and sometimes it worked.

Other times like now, people called me out for how absolutely pointless and obnoxious it is, whether you are the smartest and sophisticated person in the world or not, it's still pretty stupid.

Just talk normal dude.

I read your whole post, it seems like you're just sad that it's yet another slice of life cartoon, and something about it trying too hard to not be offensive? Come on.

The only thing I cared to think about in a "well maybe" light was the subpar reference to the plots or animation or character, but even then if the characters were complex and the animation was eye popping and the plots were astounding, that just wouldn't fit it.
>>
>>81469139
>you're trying WAY to hard with those words

There's nothing in that post above a 10th grade vocabulary. Sorry if you were bullied for being an annoying pedant, but I'm not going to dumb myself down because you don't like being made to feel stupid.
>>
>>81469254
You cherry picked that hardcore.

I don't feel stupid, not speaking for other anons though, but dude calm the hell down. I'm just saying it was obnoxious. All those words are fine, but saying them all together is pretty tryhard sounding
>>
>>81469254
He's just upset because you actually made valid criticisms of the show. These threads are usually hugboxes.
>>
>>81469254
work on your wordiness stupid, if that was meant to be concise you're delusional
>>
>>81469017

This sites mascot come from a slice of life manga, and some of the most influential reaction images come from slice of life as well, While I can't stand a single episode of moeshit SoL that is pumped out these days, I understand it's place.

When it's brought over seas there's something gained in uniqueness. Until CN is full of slice of life shows and nothing else, it has it's place, even as a cash in on importing SoL to the states.
>>
but i like wbb
>>
>inevitable bigfoot discovered episode

>probably a half hour special

>maybe even a tv movie (44 minutes/60 minutes)

>le feels
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.