[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was /co/ so triggered by this scene? He flat-out says it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 13
File: danceoff.jpg (150 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
danceoff.jpg
150 KB, 1080x720
Why was /co/ so triggered by this scene? He flat-out says it was a distraction and everyone else on the team had no idea what the hell he was doing.
>>
/co/ wasn't triggered by this scene when it came out.
>>
>>81460885

Because just like how /co/ doesn't read comics, they also don't watch movies and miss really obvious shit for the sake of shitposting.
>>
I wouldn't say I was triggered, but it is a little weird that a ruthless warlord seconds away from destroying an entire planet would be distracted from some idiot dancing.
>>
>>81460987

That's exactly why he was distracted. It's the one thing he had no plan for and never saw coming.

It completely ruined his big badass entrance and monologue.
>>
>>81460987
Not really. If you believe yourself to be an unstoppable force you have no reason to spare a second to go wtf.
>>
It makes the villain seem like a bumbling retard who would get distracted by someone dancing.

Then again, it's the MCU, so I don't expect good villains.
>>
Why would a zealous galactic warlord stop his conquest to ask why a cockroach is dancing? If Ronan stuck to character, Starlord would have been dead after the first question. Unless there's something in the comics that this was throwing back to, it's very obvious the writers put themselves in a hole they couldn't get out of.

Still enjoyed the movie though. It's a space comedy not meant to be taken seriously in any way, but I still found this moment grating.
>>
>>81460885
Technically only Drax didn't know.
>>
>>81460885
DCfag jealousy, mainly.
>>
>>81461085
to NOT spare that is.
>>
>>81460885
/co/ wasn't triggered, /tv/ was. /co/ loved this movie on release, this happens with every film.
>>
>>81461122
>It's a space comedy not meant to be taken seriously in any way

I think /co/ really overstates how comedic this movie was. It starts with a kid's mom dying of cancer for god's sake.
>>
>>81460885
I still think its bullshit he was distracted for more than I second.
I would have looked then blasted him not have a conversation
>>
I didn't have any issues with it. I just dislike what happened in the comics...
>>
>>81460885
/co/ wasn't triggered by it. /co/ loved it. It was /tv/ that was triggered by it, and these days, /co/ is almost exclusively /tv/ shitposters.
>>
>>81461215
but that was hilarious
>>
>>81460885
/co/ liked it at first, but /tv/ started to complain about it and /co/ is desperate for /tv/'s acceptance.
>>
>>81461215
Yeah. Comedy.
>>
>>81461462
Here's (You)r reply
>>
>>81461085
Or, since this is the moment you've been dreaming about for years, why would you dick around with some retard? He's an ant, and you are God, and your task is of far greater importance than his...uh...antics.
>>
>>81460885
I didn't care for the turdblossom line but the distraction itself was fine and very in line with Peter's character. Chekov's mixtape I guess.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y0GAEWreXo

This triggered me more

JESUS H. CHRIST!!!!!
>>
You're confusing /co/ with /tv/.
>>
>>81461606
quintessential beta manchild/manboy film
>>
>>81461122
The same reason I'd stall from stepping on a spider if it suddenly started dancing while I was threatening it.
>>
MEME OFF BRO

>muh distraction
>>
>>81461606
I loved that part. Rooker keeps such a straight face but his first mate can't help but giggle
>>
>>81461215
And then proceeds to have a small handful of serious moments for character development underneath mountains of jokes and one liners.

Also, any movie where the main antagonist is defeated by dance-off and friendship is a movie that is not meant to be taken seriously.
>>
>>81461669
You're not very devoted to your mission if you can be so easily distracted from it.
>>
>>81461730
Then don't take it seriously.
>>
>>81461174
This. /co/ is usually love for the first few days after a Marvel movie comes out. People only start hating it after /tv/ shitposters tells them what to think.
>>
>>81461669
Are you hellbent of the genocide of all spider-kind?

Also, it would be strange to see a spider dance, not so much for a human.
>>
I find it weird that out of all the birthday presents his mother could have gotten Peter, she got him a tape with songs recorded off the radio.
>>
>>81461768
I personally didn't, and I enjoyed the movie very much. But I can see how others would be slightly peeved at that moment. However, Marvel doesn't treat many of its villains like actual threats, so people should really stop expecting them to be.
>>
>>81461588
>>81461740
Did you all miss that Ronan has a flair for the theatric? His entrance involved bathing himself in blood. He's just as much about presentation as he is execution. When you're giving someone their final rites, and one fucker starts dancing, you're going to pause because what in the name of fuck are you doing
>>
>>81461730
>Also, any movie where the main antagonist is defeated by dance-off and friendship is a movie that is not meant to be taken seriously.

This sort of sentiment legit saddens me, honestly. Whoever said that cheesy schmaltzy uplifting shit can't be taken seriously? Or that comedy can't be meaningful? If it's sincere and well executed, does it really matter if it's simplistic or a bit trite?
>>
>>81461979
His presentation, under his terms, glorifying himself.

Dickless dancing makes a mockery of his grand entrance and should be dealt with swiftly and permanently.
>>
Additionally, this is after the Guardians crashed his big warship. There was no telling what this Starlord could be capable of, and straight-up attacking him might fall exactly into his plan.
>>
>>81462116
So Ronan is even more angry, gotcha.
>>
>>81461830
How about this you are shooting up your workplace and when you go to the break room Chad is twerking in your general direction do you shoot him or stop for a second.
>>
The dance-off gag is genuinely funny.

/co/ simply didn't take it well when the Guardians comics were body-snatched by the film.
>>
>>81462209
Have I been planning this destruction for years and expended much time, effort, and money in making it the perfect and total destruction of the evil bastards whose miserable lives I will end with great relish?

Yes?

Then I want to hear the screams and see the blood painting the walls, not listen to the grunting and flopping of a beer gut against the stained pants of one more soon to be dead man.

>inb4 edgy
No shit, of course it is. And that's Ronan.

Peter's actions make perfect sense for Peter. Ronan's actions make no sense for Ronan.
>>
It was a trope subversion where neither violence (the rocket-launcher thing) or the escalation of it (small ship smashing into Ronan), twice (the dark Aster falling on Ronan's head) were the solution to ultimate power, but humanity.

Gee, if only the movie had established that levity and nostalgia and simple humanity was such a confusing thing for all the space-people.

If only they had a dedicated scene about how Gamora didn't understand dancing for pleasure, or Drax not understanding the value of a Music player, or Rocket didn't understand the value of a neatly wrapped gift with pretty colors that reminded Peter of a simpler time and that Peter's loss also had a positive side to it. Or a huge feel-good soundtrack to showcase his joy and amazement at the discovery of new things like the abandoned temple of knowhere.

If only they established that humanity was what separated Quill from everyone else then the movie throwing it in the climax of the last act in an attempt to showcase that it was humanity that was an alien concept to, well, aliens, and it is our sense of joy and creativity that separates us as a species and that he fact that our reaction to the absurd is laughter instead of paralysis or questioning.

Not to mention that Peter is the only person in the main cast not motivated by revenge or duty or tradition, but just wanted to become free from Yondu to do whatever he pleased, only to show that one person unbound by all that still acts for good.

If only they had put it in the movie, then maybe it would've been a good one.
>>
>>81462002
Isn't the exact point of levity in a movie to take a moment from the seriousness and have some fun? I think it's necessary as well, just maybe not as a way to deal with the primary conflict of the movie when it's a space crusader that wants to murder everything.

Also, to me, the dance off didn't seem sincere or well executed. It seemed like the writers needed a way to kill Ronan, so they had him stand there, dumbfounded for longer than he should have.

>>81462209
I would end Chad's life on the spot. He and his incessant prattling are what put me over the edge. He would cease to exist, face down ass up, like the clown he was.
>>
>>81460885
the dance off was fine, but the way they killed the villain with the power of freindship was dumb as fuck
>>
>>81462451
>Humanity is a really dumb means of tricking your opponent
No.
>>
>>81462612
>Humanity is a really dumb means of tricking your opponent
Literally the opposite of what I said.
>>
>>81462393
>The dance-off gag is genuinely funny.
No it wasn't
>>
>>81462685
Humanity is about connection and love and sacrifice and joy.

Dumb dancing is not humanity. It's just dumb dancing.

Peter's character is humanity. But we're not talking about his character, we're talking about the effectiveness and point of this one scene. And it's dumb.
>>
>>81460885
I loved the movie, and thought it was funny. The problem is that this scene is a distillation of the essence of Marvel movies.
Something serious will be happening, then a character will make an ill-timed joke. In most cases it's because things are getting too somber and Marvel can't have characters get too emotional or else it will ruin the jokes for the rest of the movie ( in their minds). It would be nice to see moving or dramatic moments without having to worry that a character will crack wise and ruin all the build up. It's worse that most of the time, the characters aren't at all similar to their comic book counterparts; and they give up their personality and distinguishing characteristics so that jokes can be written for them.
>>
>>81462451
Very good points. I guess I thought about those a sort of throw-away lines. I'll keep this in mind when I watch it next time.
>>
>>81462795
it's not the best film ever or anything but it's pretty tightly woven

moreso than some people notice on first glance anyway
>>
>>81461128
You mean Ganora right? Drax was helping Rocket with his shit while Gamora was dumbfounded
>>
>>81462602
>the power of freindship

The Collector already explained that the only way to not be killed by the stone was to split its power between multiple people
>>
>>81462602
This. I wish the movie had the balls to do an actual dance-off as the final battle, instead.
>>
>>81462749
All the aliens felt those, they just didn't get the music and dancing. And you aren't getting either, which is somewhat funny.

Not every funny moment is a quip, anon. I feel like Age of Ultron has made half of /co/ incapable of watching a comedy.

Just because you're jaded and can't see why the dance is important, thematic-wise, probably because you read there was a dance off in the movie on /co/ before you saw it, it doesn't make it dumb.

It makes you look dumb for sticking to this notion of dignity that you think is lost when a main character does something unexpectedly childish at first glance. So much so that you discarded it as childish before looking deeper into it or the reason for it to exist.
>>
>>81460885

Because distraction or not, it was fucking RETARDED.
>>
Because it's retarded, no matter what justifications are given for it
>>
>>81460987
Think like this:

IF YOU AT THE THEATER was without words and had no idea what he just said or why..imagine Ronan on that situation?
>>
It's so effective and smart and funny. Every tense action moment should end with a dance off.
>>
The fact that so many people are flabberghasted kind of proves the point that it worked. All y'all are a bunch of aliens.
>>
>>81460885
We weren't. It's /tv/ that has no taste.
>>
>>81460885
The fact that people are retarded enough to think it wouldn't work, proves that it's an effective tactic.
>>
>>81463425
Certainly not all of them, preferably no more at all. But it wasn't out of place in this one movie.
>>
Quick question: How did you guys complaining about the dance-off feel about The World's End ending?

It's the only similar example I can think of at the moment.
>>
>>81460885
>>81460945

Also not to mention the fact that he mentioned Kevin Bacon and saving a town through dancing in Footloose. It makes things go full circle, how his little lie of sorts turned out to be the idea that saved his and everyone else's ass.

>>81460916

Yup. This is a meme criticism. /co/ didn't start spanning this shit until normies/casuals started saying how much they loved it.

>>81460987
>>81461117
>>81461122

Do you guys fret Goliath this much when he underestimated David? The whole "little guy distracts big guy" idea goes back as long as we've been telling stories. Do you read the Illiad and go "Jeez if they were such bad ass warriors why did they have to use that stupid horse? MEME HORSE IS GAY!"
>>
>>81463568
I blame CinemaSins
>>
>>81462451

>If only they had put it in the movie, then maybe it would've been a good one.

You're being sarcastic right? Because everything you said made me look at the movie differently. The music and dancing are central themes and it makes a point about humanity as a whole.

>>81462749

>Dumb dancing is not humanity.

I'm pretty for sure you owe your existence to a bunch of cavemen "dumb dancing" around a fire to get in the mood to fuck.

Dancing IS humanity. Having a physical response to the pleasure of music or just anything.
>>
>>81463756
>You're being sarcastic right?
I don't think I could've made it more obvious. Who starts sentences with 'gee' anyway.
>>
>>81463756
>Dancing IS humanity.

Ok wat
>>
>>81463905
Dancing is used as a metaphor for humanity, Drax.
>>
>>81460885
I was triggered by "BITCH". It was cheesy and not the slightest bit tongue in cheek.
>>
>>81464132
t. butthurt sjw
>>
I can't wait to hear all your reactions next year when Guardians 2 first scene is a tracking shot of the whole gang dancing to a new song while exploring another temple or something, since that's the natural progression for a second, darker movie.

>>81464132
I think it the word should be there for rhythm "you said it yourself, we're the guardians of the galaxy" feels off, but the delivery could've been better. Although peter being a manchild is established throughout the movie.
>>
>>81464132
>There's a little pee comin out of me right now
>I'm distracting ya, ya big turdblossom
>We're the Guardians of the Galaxy, bitch

Only lines I out and out disliked. You could remove/replace them and I don't think it would detract from the movie at all.
>>
>>81464216
>the whole gang dancing to a new song

Eh

I don't think Gamora and Drax are there yet. Just like Cap wasn't ready to date the girl with the lip piercing
>>
>>81460987
The Big Bad was distracted and paused because he was so secure with himself in his victory that it was a moment of "whatever, what's going on with this guy I'll kill without doubt?"

He probably would have let it continue for another minute or two and then end it.
>>
>>81464270
>>81464132

Calling someone a bitch is just the normie version of how we say fag here
>>
>>81464308
I think Rocket would be the one sulking the most, honestly. Gamora definitely danced at the end of vol1.

Maybe Pete and Groot are the only ones doing it while everyone else watches them?

Although maybe I'm wrong, Gunn did warn people not to try and redo the same thing over and over and expect praise for originality.
>>
>>81464365
Bitch
>>
>>81460885
I could see it coming a mile away. I thought "Given the scene's set-up, Quill is going to use some Earthly weirdness to distract Ronan while he's posturing. Now, what's the most obvious- It's going to be a dance off."
An awkward "Earthling" dance-off.
That, of course, Ronan HAS to fall for instead of crushing Quill.
I was disappointed that the film went for an obvious, cheap laugh that I've seen way too much of. They already turned Quill's character into a joke when he saves Gamora and winks at the audience instead of growing as a character, and this continued that joke instead of doing something clever with his character (which admittedly they tried next scene, and I appreciated greatly, but it was too late for me).
>>
>>81464394
You's a Bitch, Bitch
>>
>>81464365
>>81464394
>>81464462

You're all a fine buncha cunts, mate.
>>
>>81463528
Ok, but every tense action scene should be broken up by random humor and jokes. If not, then the audience will realize that people in the movie are afraid and fighting for their lives.
>>
>>81463568
>>81463756
>getting triggered
>in a thread about being triggered
POETRY
>>
File: 1459731004377.jpg (55 KB, 757x820) Image search: [Google]
1459731004377.jpg
55 KB, 757x820
Only retards and memesters are triggered at that scene because they fail to grasp GotG at it's core is Sci-fi Comedy.

The current team was never meant to be taken seriously, why the fuck else would they put Rocket? He fought fucking alien clowns in his first series.
>>
>>81462949
Was referencing the bonus scene.

Bootista didn't know there was actually going to be dancing.
>>
>>81463568
If the Illiad came out today, /tv/ would treat the Trojan Horse scene like the Trojan Tod scene from Mom and Dad Save the World.
>>
>>81464693
probably that it stole the horse from Odyssey.
>>
I disliked the scene where they affirm their friendship towards the end. It was overly sappy to the point of throwing the pace of the movie off. They should have lost the music and maybe toned it down with their acting in repose to Groot's lightshow.
>>
>>81460885
Because, as seems to a major habit of the McU, the eliminated any tension the scene may have had in favor of a corny joke.
>>
>>81464587
Ironically, Rocket was the best character.
That breakdown he had at the bar? Talking about how he didn't ask to be made? Powerful stuff, and well implemented.
So obviously that can make drama work in a Sci-Fi comedy,
It's a shame Quill, Ronan and Gamora didn't get anything nearly as good
>>
>Why didn't Ronan just kill Quill
>Why did Ronan stop for a little monologue
>Why didn't Ronan just blast the goddamn planet from his ship
>Why didn't Ronan land somewhere without resistance and then destroy Xandar
I wonder if you guys are actually incapable of understanding MCU!Ronan as a character?
>>
>all these newfags blaming /tv/

Just stfu you have no clue what you're talking about. We at /tv/ LOVED that scene you morons.
>>
>>81462451

REKT!
>>
>>81462451
Screencap please.
>>
Only Marvel comedy moment that triggered me was the joke RIGHT AFTER Quicksilver gets shot. You don't tell a joke right when a character dies. Awful.
>>
That was a great scene, don't see why anybody would hate it.
>>
>>81466231
That wasn't a joke dude
>>
>>81464450
>winks at the audience
He was winking at her you spastic.
>>
>>81460885
/co/ wasn't triggered by this scene, /tv/ was
>>
>>81465033
Quill's whole fucking story was powerful wtf
>>
>>81460885
We weren't, it's just newfags trying to fit in by asserting their idea of 4chan culture.
>>
>>81466360
this and they really only needed another "meme" to regurgitate over and over.
>>
Imagine if Darth Vader was defeated by Han Solo dancing at him.
>>
>>81466446

I cried a little when his mother appeared asking him to hold her hand inside the power gem.
Amazing ost. Amazing effects. The MCU doesnt look usually looks as good as it was in the whole movie. Its gorgeous.
>>
>>81462067

>Egotistical megalomaniac is immune to being caught off guard by absurdity because I say so.
>>
File: 1454910473279.jpg (51 KB, 492x557) Image search: [Google]
1454910473279.jpg
51 KB, 492x557
>>81466601

>yeah lets compare this to a hypothetical situation from my mind and put it in a movie that had a completelly different tone from the guardians of the galaxy

Your opinion is trash.
>>
>>81466446
It tried to be powerful but didn't go anywhere with it's material. Perhaps it's on me for expecting something else out of the film, but after Quill loses his mom I was really excited to see how he'd react to it. If he'd be jaded, if he'd be trying to run from his past, and the film does mention this relationship occasionally, but it's not enough for what I was expecting out of such a powerful opening. I wanted a moment where he we learn what his place is in the universe, how he fits in an alien galaxy, but doesn't mind because he has nothing waiting for him back home. Instead we spend out time showing how fucking quirky these strange new beings from Earth are, with their dance offs and Kevin Bacons.
>>
Ronan is a showman. He could've literally flown in on small ship, then touched the surface of Xandar. Instead he came in big with a giant ship, lots of minions, and shouting shit about how he'll finally avenge 1000 years of Kree Injustice.

When his ship crashed he didn't immediately step out and put the Universal Weapon to the ground. No he made his big speech to everyone and while everyone else was cowering in fear. You have the one man who was thorn in his side for start dancing and singing. This wasn't expected, so he was caught off guard for the moment needed for Rocket to blast the Infinity Stone out of the Universal Weapon.

It's like if you're putting on a concert, then someone jumps the stage and starts dancing. You'd stop and be like "WTF?!"
>>
>I'm about to wipe out your entire planet
>DANCE OFF BRO
>>
>>81467856
Yeah. If you guys are so bothered about how ridiculous and out of tone it was for Quill to just start dancing in the middle of a big, dramatic scene, imagine if you were Ronan.
>>
>>81467856
>>81467960

Ronan is an alien too. One thing I loved about this movie was Drax's inability to understand metaphors or sayings, just taking everything literally. Not just because it was funny, but because it showed that aliens have alien brains and they may not be able to grasp our language anymore than we grasp theirs.

Having said that, Ronan is an alien too. We have no idea if his showmanship was part of the Kree DNA or it's like kree meme, they just act that way. So we have no idea how his alien mind would react to Quill's dancing, just like how Drax doesn't understand jokes. What if Ronan has Ayy Lmao Autism? It just bothered him on a sensory level?
>>
>>81461117
he was caught off guard you fucking nitwit.
>>
>>81460987
Thanos had Rhonin pegged when he called him a pouty child. Rhonin is an edgy teenager, trying to look cool and make these grand statements. He constantly sets himself back making grand speeches and gestures instead of just getting things done. It didn't matter to him that all the people watching him would be dead soon: This was his moment and he wanted to ham it up.

The guardians, on the other hand, for all their petty and childish actions, never let an opportunity go no matter how stupid or foolish looking it is. When their gun fails to kill Rhonin, Rocket doesn't make some speech about all the lives the ravagers and star corp that were lost holding off the ship. Hell, he doesn't even make a quip. He just smashes his spaceship into Rhonin.
>>
>>81460916
>>81463568
GotG premiered prior to Age of Ultron. /co/ didn't wake up to the quipfest of the MCU until Ultron. Now we know better.
>>
>>81464365
And it was out of place. The scene was supposed to be dramatic and they made it juvenile without even calling attention to how juvenile it was, as if they were being completely serious about it.

This is just a personal preference though. The movie obviously did well with it's target demographic of tween boys. My little brother loved it.
>>
>>81461545
Fwiw as a guy who lost a parent to cancer a year and a half ago, the idea that someone could find that clearly not humorous scene to be funny actually is pretty funny.
>>
>>81461402
but I hate /tv/ it and /mu/ are fucking terrible
>>
>>81460885

I just hated it because I really disliked the humor in the movie as it was. The dance off just ruined any chance the climax had to be even semi-satisfying.
>>
>>81463350
Ding.
>>
>>81460885
It's stupid because it worked. If Ronan hadn't been a complete idiot he would have just wrecked him and the rest of the planet one second later, but instead he was apparently so stunned by Quiplord's dance moves that he couldn't move at all and was defeated by the power of friendship.

I really enjoyed the GotG movie, but the ending was just bullshit.
>>
>>81469146
He had no clue what he was doing, why would he just attack him? He could have been doing fucking anything.
>>
>>81464539
I can't imagine how you get this far into the movie and are suddenly surprised by the tone. It's a comedy from the 5 minute mark, where were you?
>>
>>81469178
He could even have been dancing!
>>
>>81469178
>why would he just attack him?
Because Meme Lord was his enemy, and Ronan had one of the most powerful weapons in the galaxy.

Why WOULDN'T he attack him?
>>
File: file.png (463 KB, 655x384) Image search: [Google]
file.png
463 KB, 655x384
Better question, how do I get as fit as Pratt?
>>
>>81469798
He mentioned how he cut out drinking beer to get fit.
>>
File: miktathmpV1s0qwlkow.gif (1 MB, 312x240) Image search: [Google]
miktathmpV1s0qwlkow.gif
1 MB, 312x240
>>81469219
because he was confounded by an inexplicable development that threw off his instincts as a warrior
>>
>>81463756
Drax pls
>>
>>81469798
stop drinking alchohols other than vodka, go to the gym four hours a day, pay someone to follow you around and food out of your hands when you hit your calorie limit for the day
>>
>>81469798
>>>/fit/
Read the sticky and good luck.
>>
>>81466601
Darth Vader was defeated by trying to dance at Obi Wan from a lower position.
>>
I mean this movie was just fucking garbage front to back, so this scene is no more special than the other scenes of the movie.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (52 KB, 360x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
52 KB, 360x200
>>81460885
What bothers me it's that Ronan didn't accept the dance off. After doing that shit you could just throw away everything and have fun with the idea
>Intergalattic dance off with magic explosions around while "Staying Alive" plays
>>
File: Abundant Glove.png (1 MB, 1086x740) Image search: [Google]
Abundant Glove.png
1 MB, 1086x740
>Affinity War part 2
>As a ruse, the Avengers switch Thanos' infinity gauntlet with the abundant glove
>Big climactic scene with everyone vs Thanos
>Starlord challenges him to a dance off
>Thanos wins
>>
>>81470059
That would have been enormously out of character. A huge part of what made GotG so enjoyable was the cast delivering funny/charming moments without breaking character the movie versions of their characters, that is
>>
>>81460885
>Why was /co/ so triggered by this scene?

Those were /tv/ posters you were looking at.
>>
>>81460885
/tv/ and /co/ when taken as a collective group are triggered by literally everything, like an Autistic child.
Don't read too much into it anon.
>>
Because it was an awful scene only a 12 year old, or soccer mom watching with their 12 year old, or tumblrite would find "cute" or "funny"

Get the fuck out casual
>>
>>81461215
Like Shakespeare, all his comedies started off with a tragedy

An vica versa for the tragedies
>>
>>81463568

David was not distracting Goliath, and that story doesn't have the meaning most people think it does. The trojan horse was also not a dsitraction, it was a ruse that made sense culturally. What the fuck are you rambling about.
>>
>>81460885
/co/ was fine with it. Then after a little while the contrarians crawled out of the woodwork and started spouting REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT MEME OFF BRO REDDIT BRO MEME MEME XD.
>>
>>81460987
What, you've never seen something so stupid/weird you just have to stop while you try to wrap your head around what the fuck your eyes are showing you?
>>
>>81472297
/co/ is not one person. some faggots always liked this, some patricians always hated it

stop trying to validate your taste by associating it with a group, you spineless jellyfish
>>
File: 1375851723848.jpg (34 KB, 473x499) Image search: [Google]
1375851723848.jpg
34 KB, 473x499
>>81472333
>some patricians always hated it
>>
>>81466360
This.
>>
>>81460885
Because I only appreciate mature comics and mature comic cinema for mature comic fans and film-goers such as myself thank you very much
>>
>>81470149
>Thanos wins
>But he has no idea why he's suddenly dancing
>He can no longer control his body.
>The dance gems are too powerful
>>
Tell me about /co/ why do they want everything to be a super serious broody edgefest?
>>
>>81472663
Tell me about anon why does she want everything to be a super silly family oriented quipfest?
>>
>>81472663
>>81472684
Stop having the mentality that only one should exist you fucking mongoloids
>>
> Age of Ultron has completely destroyed all MCU discussion
>>
>>81469146
But that's completely in character. Ronan is a pouty child who's trying to look cool and awesome in daddy's shoes. If he wasn't these things he could've glassed the planet with ease without taking his big ass ship there. He could've destroyed everything on the planet the second he got out of his crashed ship.

He didn't do these things, because he's a overly dramatic dumbass who's head grew too big. He's like Loki, but without the wit, sharp mind and trickery. Ronan was established as incompetent. Thanos even pointed this out. So when something (no pun intended) completely alien to him happens while he's in the middle of his big moment, he stops and thinks "what the fuck?" and thinking he's king shit now with all the time in the world he pauses for a bit. He's not some ruthless, cold killer hell bent on destroying everything, he's just an egomaniacal alien asshole with a crystal.
>>
>>81473200
Why are you discussing this as if it was something serious. It's a childrens movie.

HEY LOOK AT ME WHILE I DO THIS WACKY DANCE LOL
>villain go huh?
MADE YA LOOK

What the fuck is wrong with you people
>>
>>81471260

>it was a ruse that made sense culturally. What the fuck are you rambling about.

But Peter's fake dance off is....

Not what you just described somehow because oh wait, memes.

Quill's dance off is a ruse that made sense culturally.
>>
>>81472297

Yup. It was around six months later too, you know where DVD comes out and they can all torrent it. Hell I'd suspect half the meme spouters didn't even see the movie, they got the scene out of context.
>>
>>81460987
in all honesty if you saw someone having a smug face despite you having the upper hand, you can't help but ask what you are missing.
>>
>>81464693
>>81463568
The Trojan Horse isnt in the the Iliad uncultured swine

The Iliad ends with Hector's funeral not with the end of the war.
>>
>>81461174
mmhmm
>Movie is announced.
>"lol, they're making a movie out of THAT? Incoming flop."

>Director is announced.
>"lol, what a studio-whipped hack, his style is terrible, movie is doomed."

>Cast is announced.
>"Literally meme actors and paycheck grabbers. Art is dead."

>First pictures come out.
>"Looks like shit, it's like a TV show, too much filters, too fun/too grimdark, the capeshit bubble will burst."

>First trailer comes out.
>"SHIT FUCK ASS CUNT SUCK IT'S HORRIBLE I HATE YOU *INSERT STUDIO, DIRECTOR, CAST AND/OR CHARACTER*"

>More pics and trailers come out.
>"Hmn... That actually didn't look that bad. Maybe it's going to be cool."

>Critics get in, generally positive.
>"Alright, I'm getting a little hyped here. Might be good..."

>Movie comes out.
>"BEST MOVIE EVER, 10/10 *INSERT STUDIO* DID IT AGAIN, *INSERT DIRECTOR* IS A GENIOUS, *INSERT ACTOR/ACTRESS* IS MY HUSBANDU/WAIFU*"

>DVD comes out.
>"Still pretty cool, but you know, I didn't like this, and this was stupid, and let's not even mention this..."

>At about six months later.
>"Shit movie, I always hated it, critics were bribed, box office was forged, everyone who likes is a sheep. The world is stupid, except for me."
RINSE AND REPEAT.
>>
>>81473596
Stop defending a horrible gag. Go back to fucking Reddit gamer girl
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>>81460987

Try and have a laugh once in a while
>>
>>81473294
>n-no u
>>
>>81460885
Because it was fun. /co/ hates fun. And sadness. And boredom. And anger. And hatred. And Marvel. And DC. And you. Especially you. Get off our board you pig fucking shill!
>>
>>81462067
The guy was caught off guard, he'd been planning this moment for years and some idiot starts dancing. Of course he'd be stumped.

Are /tv/ memers really retarded enough to not understand how other people work? Wait, scratch that, of course theyare.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 728x636
>>81460885
Because the point of the GotG movie plot and theme circles entierly around not taking yourself so fucking seriously. Seeking validation from society, /co/ is desperate to have people take their Marvel and DC stories seriously.

The real reason is that /tv/ is triggered because /tv/ is the black hole that leads to reddit. So /tv/ decided to scare away the shitposters from reddit by shitposting even harder like a defunct immunity system. This is now spilling over on to /co/ because no one can have coherent conversations on /tv/. So they end up coming here shitting up /co/mbler even harder.

By 2020 this will be /tv/ 2.0.
>>
>>81461588
>Or, since this is the moment you've been dreaming about for years, why would you dick around with some retard? He's an ant, and you are God, and your task is of far greater importance than his...uh...antics.

So if you're about to knock over an ant hill, and all of a sudden, one of the ants starts doing the funky chicken, you wouldn't stop for a second to be like, "Huh... wtf?"
>>
File: 1442071095459.webm (205 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442071095459.webm
205 KB, 1920x1080
>>81474130
>/co/ hates fun
Au contraire. /co/ LOVES fun. And comfy. And cute. And nonthreatening. And non-meanspiritedness.
>>
>>81468819
>/co/ didn't wake up to the quipfest of the MCU until Ultron
That's not true either, people were complaining about the overly smarmy tone of Marvel movies way before then.
>>
>>81462541
>Also, to me, the dance off didn't seem sincere or well executed. It seemed like the writers needed a way to kill Ronan, so they had him stand there, dumbfounded for longer than he should have.

That didn't kill Rohan, though. It wasn't until they harnessed the power of the infinity stone that he was destroyed.
>>
>>81476248
But, didn't /co/ love the Mandarin reveal in IM3?
>>
>>81475385
>the shitposters from reddit

THOSE FUCKERS

OUR SHIT
>>
>>81466676

Remember when everyone hyped up Guardians as the star wars of its generation and it just turned out to be the spaceballs instead.
>>
When it came out, /co/ loved it because it WAS clever writing. It was the one thing Ronan legit couldn't expect, and it threw him off.

Then Marvel didn't catch the idea behind it and made it unir9nically the face of the GotG. Made Quill a moron rather than a clever sonuvabitch who's good at playing one.

Now we hate it. Because of how Marvel missed the point and ran it into the ground.
>>
>>81476284
>spaceballs
You mean the Pluto Nash
>>
>>81476229
I for one hate three out of those five things.
We Bare Bears is also a pile of shit.
>>
>>81476366
>>81476341
>>81476284
>>81476248
>>81472333
salty cunt
>>
>>81473839

Pretty much this. This is especially true of every MCU and X-men film, as /co/ spells constant doom and gloom- only for the films to end up being commercially and critically successful.

And the cite poorly critically received films like Man of Steel, Amazing Spiderman, and (especially) the Fantastic Four as justification for their pessimism.

It's all about hating everything out of some grave fear of looking wrong to people on the internet. And trolling/shitposting. A good chunk of it is trolling/shitposting.

But I will admit that I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was a risky move and very pleased that they were able to make it work. I hope it means more comic adaptations for works that don't feature super heroes or guys in black leather.
>>
>>81476331
>Then Marvel didn't catch the idea behind it and made it unir9nically the face of the GotG.

What?
>>
>>81476284
>Remember when everyone hyped up Guardians as the star wars of its generation and it just turned out to be the spaceballs instead.

I remember like one guy suggesting that, and people not agreeing because Star Wars is too FUCKHUGE.
>>
>>81476423
>they were able to make it work
They didn't make it work. They rehashed Spaceballs, like >>81476284 said but with GotG names and terms sprinkled on here and there.
>>
>>81473839
You forget:
>Watch the movie once
>Movie is great, I'll watch it again!
>Watch the movie 50 times
>Gee, that line wasn't the best, it's kind of rubbing on me
>Watch the movie 100 times
>Fucking quips ruin the movie, I can see them coming and ruining the tension every time
>Movie sucked, I couldn't watch it 101 times

>>81476498
You've never seen spaceballs, have you?
>>
It was more or less the final nail in the coffin of the MCU regarding giving villains the threat status they should have and another one regarding the shitpost level of jokes they include in there.
>>
File: wg.gif (662 KB, 314x196) Image search: [Google]
wg.gif
662 KB, 314x196
>>81463350
Bravo, you.
>>
>>81472805
>/tv/ has completely destroyed all MCU discussion
Fixed.
>>
>>81475385
>By Summer 2016 this will be /tv/ 2.0.
Fixed.
>>
>>81460885

I'm not even /tv/ and I cringed at that scene the first time I saw it.
>>
>>81476423
Agreed. /co/ is generally wrong about most things.
>>
>>81477991
I thought it was funny. I cringed at the hand holding.
>>
>>81478143

It was funny for me too, but more in a

>Marvel

kind of way
>>
>>81467856
Ronan didn't have any trouble straight killing Thanos' lackey when he got uppity. For such a ruthless character he sure gets taken off guard easily. I feel almost lied to because he didn't have that aspect built up at all. They didn't have a scene where he's, say, confused by non-kree culture (like dancing). It's not clever, it's random for "lol so random" sake. He's always playing it so straight, and sure, that makes the scene funnier for some people, but after the whole movie builds him up as this humorless, ruthless dude who kills anybody who gets in his way I couldn't understand why he didn't just kill Quill the second he started jiggling his hips.
>>
>>81476498
>They didn't make it work.

Yeah, I suppose making mad bank, getting great critical reviews, making a (before then) minor TV actor into a household name, and setting itself up for sequels when everyone thought it was a risky gamble isn't good enough.

It has to meet the personal standards of greatness according to some random guy on 4chan to be successful.
>>
>>81469798
Personal trainer and being paid to look good.
>>
>>81470654
>Look at me guys, I have OPINIONS.
>>
>>81460885
Kepts defending your shitty childlike movies faggot
>>
>>81480252
wow, someone's mad
>>
>>81480277
I only like serious comic book movies for grownups
>>
>>81469821
Ha, well, guess I'm never getting fit.
>>
>>81460987
Are you serious. Ronan was not that complex of a character.

Straightforward egomaniac. He was in the middle of this big religiously empowered speech, about to bring down the holy smackdown on the heathens. When suddenly this fool is making a mockery of him and pretending he's got the other hand. It's so anti-climatic and against the drama of the moment that it throws him off.

It's not that complicated.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 832x2475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 832x2475
>>81480660
>>
>>81477855
>>81472805
What?
Both /co/ and /tv/ have MCU threads that get plenty of discussion, even when there's some company war bait being posted.
>>
>>81476279
If you don't protect your shit someone else will move in to claim it.
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.