[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you fix it, /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 11
File: Batman V Superman.jpg (202 KB, 974x725) Image search: [Google]
Batman V Superman.jpg
202 KB, 974x725
How would you fix it, /co/?
>>
> not directed by zach snyder
fixed.
>>
>>81458548
a dance off at the end
>>
Bruce kills Kent.

Realizes his mistake. He broke his code never to kill.

Regret. Does everything in his power to look for some way to bring him back to life. Meanwhile Lex wants Supes to stay dead and does everything in his power to stop Bruce. Wonderwoman, Aquaman, The Flash step in to help Bruce revive Supes and fight against Lex.

Superman is revived. Lex uses his trump card. Doomsday. Massive fight ensues. Supes with the help of all the other heroes manages to destroy doomsday. JL is formed.

Cue JL opening guitar riff as screen fades to black.
>>
This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPtSwfVHjwE
>>
>>81459034
>The live action DC universe doing anything as good as this ever.
I wish with you, anon. But we must treasure what we have.
>>
>>81459034
>Realizes his mistake. He broke his code never to kill.
But he kills a lot of people in this movie
>>
>>81458875
Dont worry DCuck those Suicide Squad reshoots will add much needed quips and memes
>>
>>81458548
>condense the Wayne murder flashback and the Bat demon dream into the same dream sequence
>cut the Jonathan Kent daydream entirely
>add a bit onto the Knightmare sequence at the beginning to establish that Bruce actually did fall asleep at his computer first off
>change the Justice League preview clips so that Bruce is the one that watches them, and he only watches the Flash one. The Aquaman and Cyborg ones can be DVD extras or Youtube bonuses like the Communion cut footage
>don't flashback to the Wayne's murder when Superman says "Martha" during the fight between him and Bats. Just don't. Audience shouldn't be THAT condescended to.
>fix the continuity between the scenes setting up the main plot of Luthor investigating the Kryptonian ship and Bruce stealing the Kryptonite. It's REALLY hard to tell the chronology of some of those parts, or how much time passes in between them.
>cut ten seconds off of scenes here or there when they consist of entirely too much "stares broodingly off into the distance as the soundtrack swells around them" Seriously stop fucking doing that, Snyder

That's about it. I overall liked it but it could be tightened up and streamlined quite a bit. This movie did not need to be two and a half hours long.
>>
>>81459146
>That's the problem that needs to be fixed

Zhack "For the fans" Snyder made Bats a cold blooded killer.
>>
>>81458548
Don't remove snyder
Leash him
he needs a spielberg to his lucas
Batman never kills
Paint Superman heavily as Man Of Murder
Batman's motivation is how many people died while Superman was "saving" the world and superman being painted as a god
Fight ends with batman cutting superman and warning him that he's not a god and batman will bring him down to earth if need be and that a real hero doesn't have to kill
During the fight you can throw in him rambling about the shit he'd do with superman's ability if you want
Superman starts crying about "my mom" and not "martha"
lois comes to help explain since superman is beat to fuck and batman doesn't trust him
Batman says okay i'll save your mom
Superman takes lois away and she doesn't hide the spear
Superman comes away regarding batman highly and trusts him to save mom
during the doomsday fight batman goes to get the spear instead of clark
it takes a combination of superman and wondie at the same time fighting doomsday then batman with the kryptonite hail mary to beat doomsday
superman doesn't die
Doomsday's corpse gets taken wherever
he finishes growing spikes after credits
setup for death of superman way later and with a stronger doomsday and supes we do as close of an adaptation as we can
>>
>>81459361
>Batman never kills

In the context of this movie, I am perfectly fine with a Batman who doesn't give a fuck about preserving criminals' lives.

>Paint Superman heavily as Man Of Murder

What? Why?! If anything Supes needed more scenes like him and Lois doing cute ordinary shit together. More scenes of him being a reporter. ANYTHING other than walking around, listening to other people give him advice and brooding like crazy.
>>
More fun. More quips. Zero negativity. Tuck the audience into bed and hand them their teddy.
>>
>>81459507
It's funny this movie's defenders use this logic when BvS employs none less than five characters talking about how all fights take place in uninhabited zones with zero casualties.
>>
>>81459477
The idea is that after this movie and a "theres always a way" mentality being instilled in him by batman that he can take that and become a superman that doesn't brood 24/7

I'm fixing the movie by changing the least as i can to unfuck the future it causes
>>
Get a good director(s) on the project. It doesn't need to be some amazing visionary, just somebody with a good understanding of film and what goes into it, and the ability to work well with others and make others play nice with each other.

And for God's sake, get a good writer.
>>
File: AeonPepe.png (1 MB, 1607x1208) Image search: [Google]
AeonPepe.png
1 MB, 1607x1208
Cavill isn't allowed to wear a shirt or pants.
>>
>>81459613
Only because MCU-babbies got so upset when a battle between gods in MoS led to some death and destruction.
>>
>>81459613
That's really not a bad thing.
>>
>>81458548
Let Affleck direct and write, take away half of Batman's screen time, and put an explosive collar around Affleck's neck to be detonated if he so much as thinks about Dark Knight Returns at any point during the writing and directing process.
>>
>>81458548
Have Batman kill Superman
>>
File: 1454859215755.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1993) Image search: [Google]
1454859215755.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1993
>>81459477
We don't beed more Lois bullshit. We need more of Clark trying to be superman. To do the right thing. We need this
>>
>>81458548
Remove the verses
>Batman and Superman: Dawn of Justice
>>
>>81459361
You're a moron.
>>
>>81459800
It's not, but it's rather shameless, especially after Snyder effectively called people dumb for not liking the 9/11 on steroids that was the end of "Man of Steel".
>>
>>81459336
Tim "Only read The Killing Joke" Burton made Batman a killer and caused Batmania.
>>
>>81459856
More like Midnight of Apathy amirite?
>>
>>81459645
>By Batman
Fuck off Batfag, he's not the moral center of DC, never has been. He's a meme who survives by plot armor.
>>
File: courtman.jpg (274 KB, 828x325) Image search: [Google]
courtman.jpg
274 KB, 828x325
>what were you doing in Africa, Mr. Superman?

>I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind.

>And you thought you should interfere in foreign pol-

>i don't really mind what happens now and then, as long as you'll be my friend at the end

>wha-

>if i go crazy will you still call me superman

>what is happenin-

>if i'm alive and well will you be there holding my hand

>Quiet!

>I'll keep you by my side with my superhuman might-kryptonite!

>...

>thank you for your time, your honor
>>
>>81459613
I swear to god Affleck looked right at the camera when he said that.
>>
File: EAT THE PENNIES.jpg (75 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
EAT THE PENNIES.jpg
75 KB, 786x393
We turn Lex into St Cloud
>>
>>81458548
Add some goddamn establishing shots to make the movie not flow like a video game
>>
I'd have the plot make sense first.
>>
>>81460003
I now need a gif of the Senator turning the jar at the court only to see it be full of pennies
>>
I don't get how people just forgave what was basically the movie version of a "clickbait' title

Batman vs Superman? That barely happened. It was Lex vs Superman the entire time.
>>
I personally would've cut out the Justice League reveal and shorten the Doomsday fight. The reveal killed the pacing and the Doomsday fight does as well upon rewatching it. More quiet moments in the middle of the film. I really liked this film, and I feel the majority of issues it had happened on the editing table then in actual plot and filming.
>>
>>81460064
>MMMM Eat the pennies Senator
>>
How about we cut out all the JL bullshit (including Wonder Woman) and actually take the time to set up a cinematic universe?
>>
I think its fair to say WB just sucks at everything superman related. Editing aside, everything else in the film wasnt too bad. Unfortunately 2/3 of it was Superman material
>>
>>81460110

Comics do it all the time, so if anything it's only being true to the source material.
>>
>>81458548
>rewrite Lex's character so he isn't some quirky joker knock off
>make the motives of the players clear
>cut out wonder woman and doomsday, movie should just be bats and supes
That alone would be a huge improvement
>>
>opening crawl

>Lex Luthor is dead. He will never appear on film again. We will actually use a superman villain who is not lex or zod in upcoming movies
>there is no kryptonite in the DCEU. you will NEVER EVER have to see kryptonite again
>We'll do our best not to let batman devour all the screentime in everything ever, we swear. but we'll probably fail
>we realize it is completely unnatural to bring this up at the beginning of a movie, but it is so important we felt we had to break the immersion to specifically address it
>enjoy the luthrless, kryptoniteless film
>>
>>81460186
>let's cut out all the worldbuilding to only focus on two characters

Now I agree that the JL preview shit detracted from the overall pace and direction of the movie, but your statement is kind of contradictory there.
>>
>>81460186
That wasn't the issue there at all. The cameos could have been done a thousand times better than they were.
>instead of Flash opening some blue portal to Bruce have him actually show up in the Knightmare sequence and attempt to help Batman escape
>have Aquaman retrieve the spear (screw the allegory)
>have Cyborg injured by the final battle and taken to STAR Labs
That's it
Instead of slapping in 3 JL teasers they could have made it flow seamlessly (especially the Flash cameo, I was pissed when he didn't show up in the actual Knightmare)
>>
Heres a simple editing fix that would have improved the Lex introduction.
>The slow dramatic walk into the scout ship hangar is the first time we meet Lex
And thats literally fucking it. Maybe its just me, but the basketball thing was out of fucking nowhere like we missed another scene and its little things like that which irk me
>>
>>81460282
>Lex Luthor is dead. He will never appear on film again. We will actually use a superman villain who is not lex or zod in upcoming movies
Complete failure off the bat
The real non real estate Luthor still hasn't appeared in a movie yet
>>
>>81458548
Impossible. Critics would hate it regardless.
>>
>>81460410
Wouldnt it be really weird if we went
>"Oh IM the real Lex Luthor, forget about my spaz son!"
Id almost prefer an alternate earth or clone lex at this point
>>
I'll figure it out this weekend when I force by brother-in-law to go (me paying).

I'm going stoned but I'll report back. I couldn't be fucked to hit the IMAX over a three hour drive.
>>
>>81460553
Luthor Sr. could rise from the dead and take over at some point
>>
>>81458548
Simple. Superman is see like a menace for the events of MoS. Goverments can't control them and the Bat feom Gotham doesn't hate him but is worried about what if this guy someday snaps and goes against humanity just like Zod did.
Lex Luthor is right(he is still a prick, tho) and he knows that an alien is just going to bring more aliens and problems, so he is working in a project called METALLO and a man horrible injured on the battle of metropolis called John Corben signs to be the test subject if he is allow to get revenge on the man of steel.
Batman is researching how to defeat Clark and we see his normal routine of crime fighting. The sons of batman exist and they are vigilantes who work for Bats trying to make Gotham a better place.

Thanks to the technology of the Zod ship Lex is able to make a new body for corben powered by kryptonite. The climax is the fight with Corben and Bruce joining forces to take down the alien, which is hard but thanks to the kryptonite Superman is defeated. And when Johm his about to kill Clark he see in his eyes fear just like he saw fear in the eyes of the people of metropolis and decides to speak with him and understand what really that day. Bruce listens to the conversation and decide to leave Clark be.
The ending is Lex finding information about a menace that is going to to our world an AI called braniac, knowing the great danger he deals his differences with Bruce and hate against Superman and knowing they are going to need all the help they can they decide to train supermab to be a better hero. Corben is the new bodyguard of Lex and he will fight when the world needs him again.
>>
>>81460603
But thats still a weird way of doing it
>>
>>81460669
Of course it is, but at this point I'm down for it
>>
>Scoot McNairy plays John Corben
>His wife and daughter die in the Battle of Metropolis
>Luthor sponsors him as a true hero rather than Superman
>Luthor engineers the bombing on the Capitol umbeknowst to Corben
>Corben survives the explosion and is rebuilt as Metallo
>Metallo is powerful enough to fight Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman to a standstill
>Is sent after them
>Climax is at least 40% more emotionally ressonant for Superman and the audience.
>>
>>81458548
give Batman a different suit. Capeshit runs off symbols and giving an intentionally abnormal batman a normal (for Batman) suit sends mixed messages. Give him a suit with lots of reds, yellows, and purples, visually convey that he is sick, so that after the climax you can show him in a normal suit to show that he's gotten better.

Have Superman talk more, and include at least one scene of him stopping a minor crime just because he noticed it going on and he can It would take like six seconds if he did it at super speed
>>
>>81460410
Let me tell you guys about the REAL lex luthor right now, because this MUH LEX shit is driving me up the fucking wall.

Lex Luthor is a moron and a petty, insecure attention whore. He's utterly obssessed with a guy because he has better PR approval ratings than luthor. he may say he wants to protect the world from superman or an alien invasion, but that's all bullshit, he's just jelly because there's a guy out there people love more than they do him, and his fragile maniacal ego can't take it.

and then mr. smartest in the world fails, repeatedly, again and again to get rid of him, to the point where it becomes a farcical comedy.

and all the while he whines about how "I COULD TOTES CURE CANCER IF I WANTED TO YOU GUYS, I JUST WON'T UNTIL SUPERMAN IS DEAD BUT I TOTALLY COULD"

he's a stupid fucking retard that gets played by Brainiac and Darkseid more times than i can count
>>
>>81460721
>Metallo is powerful enough to fight Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman to a standstill
Lmao
>>
>>81460636
What really happen that day*
Posting from a phone, sorry
>>
Have Eisenberg play the ToyMan who just wants a real action figure fight.
No Doomsday
>>
>>81460726
Ley really needs to stop making deals with evil galactic overlords. It's not good for him
>>
>Speed up the Wayne murder a little. Cut the funeral part.
>Remove the future parts of the future dream sequence. Batman wakes up chained to the wall and gets taunted by Superman for a bit then wakes up as he gets zapped. No Flash.
>Speed up the funeral at the end a little. Show the JL footage while Bruce and Diana are talking instead of earlier in the film.
Wouldn't have saved the movie but it may have saved some people about 10 minutes.
>>
>>81460410
>>81460553
>>81460603

"Alexander Luthor is my father. You can call me Lex."
-Lex Assburgers Luthor

It's lioke the thir thing he says in the movie.

Daddy Lex is making a come back
>>
>Master Bruce, you know this is suicide, right?
>You're right Alfred, if I go and fight him, the writers will just think up ridiculous convoluted reasons for why I'm not unconscious within 0.2 nanoseconds. But we need a battle, so what to do?
>Well Master Bruce, there's this lady whose abilites are more suited to this, perhaps you should convince her superman is a danger and have her fight him
>>
>>81461905
you mean the german immigrant who abuses children? yay
>>
>>81458548
Recast Lex

Cut all justice league shit and focus solely on Batman and Superman

Re-do the musical score, it was terrible
>>
>>81462058
EAST German.
>>
>there are actual films between JL part one and JL part two

ignoring this shit i hate of splicing movies into two, if the characters in the justie league will go do other shit between two parts of the same fucking movie, why even say it's the same movie? why not just have justice league and justice league 2:even justicer?
>>
>>81460003
Yes.
>>
>>81459873
He was right. About that. Broken clock.
>>
>>81462018
You mad superbitch got his ass beat by a man with no powers but relies on his wit instead?
>>
>>81462534
i will never be mad about anything that happens to this superman, he's literally impossible to care about. i just think the batwankery is really starting to push the limits of suspension of disbelief, and in a comic book universe, that's saying something. christ i know they fought in the comics and everything, and that's fine, but somehow seeing it on the big screen illustrates just how stupid that is. just have batman in hs own little awesome corner of the dc universe and stop shoe-horning him into places he doesn't belong
>>
>>81458548
Cast Snyder as Thomas Wayne. Film his scene first. Use real bullets.
>>
>>81462703
>why is Hawkeye even in avngers lol he's so useless he has no powers

>batman stands next to superman and wonder woman
>BATGOD BATGOD BATGOD
>>
File: Superman-Batman-v-Superman-F[1].jpg (157 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Superman-Batman-v-Superman-F[1].jpg
157 KB, 1200x675
>>81459949
Was this scene cut? I don't remember it. Maybe we'll actually get Superman telling his side of the story.
>>
>>81462703
Batman beats Superman because
>fan favorite
>Brain tops Brawn
>underdog
Movies are just about making money so of course Batman would beat Superman.
>>
>>81458548
-Team Snyder up with a good writer who understands the characters

-Have the studio reel him in and not give him too much control of the actual story. Despite what some here would have you think Snyder has a very good visual style, and it is perfect for comic book films.
He sets up great shots, his fight scenes are dynamic and fairly easy to follow. ( unlike some directors who do so many quick cuts in their editing that you can barely tell who is throwing a punch and where it's coming from. Or edited in such a way that you can't even see any sort of technique that Batman is using to dispatch his foes)

-Instead of Batman V Superman, it would have been World's Finest. You could have practically the same conflict without Bruce attempting to outright kill Clark. Not saying they couldn't have a small spat at the beginning before teaming up. Look at their first meeting in the DCAU for example.

Also having them have such a fight off the bat lacks the emotional punch that their fight in TDKR had, because at that point they had been friends for years.
>>
No Lex Luthor, or change him into something akin to DCAU Lex. Possibly use CADMUS in his place.
Better scene editing, or rather, better scene everything
Redo the portion of the story with the other metas and stuff, it was a bit shitty in my opinion.
>>
>>81460726
This Lex Luthor accomplished something comics Lex never has; he actually managed to fucking kill Superman.
>>
>Same guy that loses to a guy with no powers
>Is the same guy people think will beat Goku

YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>81458548
We can't fix it. It's fucked.
>>
>>81461905
Lex Sr. is dead in this movie and it's implied that Lex Jr. killed him.
>>
>>81462534
>relies on his wit
His superpower is the writer.
>>
>>81462861
>>81462934
Batman is a metahuman, people in the DCverse are just unaware of it. He has the metaphysical power to convert the energies of humans in the real world who masturbate to him into invincibility. Much like the Gods who feed on the belief of worshippers
>>
>>81459949
made me smile
>>
>>81462861
As yourself this question, anon. Does Hawkeye have prep time on his side?
>>
File: Aah47tb.png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
Aah47tb.png
117 KB, 320x263
>>81463098
>>
>>81462703
Batman used Gadgets, set traps, had Kryptonite gas and a fucking Mech Suit. Quit acting like he went toe to toe with Supes with just his bare fists and kicked his ass.
>>
Some of these ideas in the thread are pretty nice, so I'll just add to them

>Move at least part of the Batman-Superman fight to an earlier portion of the film to break up discussions
>Have at least one scene where Alfred just pats Batman on the back and says that things aren't as bleak as they seem
>Establish that Zod's death is the big thing that scares people about Supes
>Reduce symbolism
>Have Batman still come across as paranoid; but instead of trying to kill Superman, try to intentionally place him near criminals or disasters to see how he'd react, or make it look like they're fighting to appease Lex. This both adds to Batwankery and puts more emphasis on Superman's choices and character development.
>Have Wonder Woman actually do something (like help find out Lex's end goal?)
>>
>>81462120
>Recast Lex

Didn't Eisenberg decide to never return?

also score was fine. It was just mixed like trash.
>>
>>81463228
his mech suit was useless, the second kryptonite wears off his metal fist is dented on superman's chin. a stupid mech suit is useless against a guy who can crack the earth's crust with a punch. his gadgets were useless, superman gets rid of the sonic cannons and the mini-guns with ease.

so yeah, he had kryptonite. the go-to deus ex machina of originality we've never seen before. a nine-year-old girl could have stabbed him with krytonite
>>
>>81463228
All that preparation and somehow he misses the big easy to see fact that Clark has a secret identity.
>>
>>81463413
Get Superman's dick out of your mouth faggot
>>
>>81463387
He's actually said he'd like to return if they asked him to.
>>
>>81463504
did i say something that isn't true? how about this, if the fight was between Batman and Wonder Woman, where Holy Kryptonite can't come into play, how would the Batgod fare then?
>>
>>81463462
Why would he think Superman has a secret identity?
>>
>>81463567
The point of a story is conflict. Watching a human beat a god is more entertaining than a god squashing a human for that reason.
Seriously, why don't people understand this?
A story's as good as the villain. And where the villain is objectively weaker the hero, the story automatically sucks.
Or keep sucking that Superdick. I don't care.
>>
>>81463322
>Have Wonder Woman actually do something (like help find out Lex's end goal?)

I wanted to see Bruce and Diana work together to plan a heist against Luthor. Instead she just goes "lol here are your files back" then fucks out of the movie until Doomsday attacks.
>>
>>81463582
>SUPERMAN IS DEAD
>next page
>CLARK KENT ALSO DEAD
>WHERE DOES CLARK GO ALL THE TIME

For a movie that tries to be smart. They sure made the characters dumb
>>
>>81463567
>Batman uses smoke grenade
>Sneakily steals WW's lasso before the smoke clears
>Uses lasso on WW
>"Whrrrry argh youhhh fighting me Diana roarr growwl?"
>"because...because if i can't have you no one can!"
>Batman smiles
>"But Diana...you CAN have me ROARRR grrr"
>"OH, BRUCE!"
>>
>>81463710

You didn't answer my question.
>>
>>81463638
>and where the villain is objectively weaker the hero, the story automatically sucks.

but batman WAS the villain idiot. or lex was, either way i guess the story of BVS automatically sucks
>>
>>81458548
The full 4 hour movie with Barbara and instead of Bat of Manslaughter he just beats everyone half to death, getting a little too close to killing but not crossing the line.
>>
>>81459949
Holy shit someone actually made it. well, of course they did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu4QLu2ppsc
>>
>>81459181
I can't believe anyone would believe this stupid clickbait bullshit.
>>
>>81459854
ayyy this is actually viable desu
although i am impartial to a guy who silently goes about helping anyone he can
>>
>>81463933
/co/ believes literally everything. This place legit believed Justin Bieber was playing Robin.
>>
>>81459507
As good as Marvel now, bro.
>>
>>81463833
Batman is not the villain, you fucking retard. No wonder you cant understand this film because you're dumbass cant tell the who is the antagonist and protagonist.
>>
>>81463833
Batman was an antagonist, not the villain. He and Lex had the same goal, just different motivations and ways of going about it. The difference being that Batman realizes he's finally gone too far, while Lex is willing to go to any length to destroy Superman.
>>
>>81459949
I genuinely laughed.
>>
>>81463927
why is superman stopping all those disasters? shouldn't he be off pounting somewhere cinematically?
>>
>>81459613
At least they made sense. Bruce was clearly distraught over the collateral damage from the Superman/Zod fight killing people close to him, so he lured Superman to an abandoned part of Gotham to fight him. He then lured Doomsday back to that area because that's where the spear was left.
>>
File: All Star Superman Page B.jpg (111 KB, 619x744) Image search: [Google]
All Star Superman Page B.jpg
111 KB, 619x744
Well one thing is for certain it was pretty damn obvious the Snyder, Goyer and Johns HATES the All-Star Superman Superman because it seems like they did everything in their power to make it the Anti-All-Star Superman

And yes Geoff Johns's fingerprints are on this movie with Goyer and Snyders

And that is perhaps my biggest gripe with the movie. (Besides the countless flashbacks and dream sequences, Luthor, doomsday) Is how Superman was portrayed.

First what was up with that fucking suit that it was so tight that Cavill moved like a lego doll and showed as much range. Really disappointed with his stoic joyless Superman

And that's another thing im really not on board with a Superman who does not want to be Superman. With a Ma and Pa Kent who tell him fuck the world.

Superman in my opinion should represent the best of us but this one seems like a emo teeneager who views saving people like a teen you just told to put down the phone and take out the trash
>>
The whole "Superman as God" metaphor doesn't work for me. He can't heal the injured or cure the sick. He can't magically make things happen. Shit, he can't time travel and fix mistakes(sorry Mr. Donner, he really can't).
He can't offer you spiritual immortality or the afterlife.

Jesus people, he's a strong guy that can fly. How does this make him God? Okay, he can prevent some accidents I guess, fine, this doesn't automatically translate to worship.
>>
>>81464360
>Superman in my opinion should represent the best of us but this one seems like a emo teeneager who views saving people like a teen you just told to put down the phone and take out the trash

Something that can easily be fixed in future movies through decent writing. Have this be growing pains of him becoming the supes that people are used to.

It's funny that some will bash Marvel movies for having too much control over their stuff and not letting directors really do what they want with them and i agree to a point. Some directors need reigning in. Lucas was able to deliver A new Hope mostly because people around him were in his ear and probably filtering out the more shitty ideas. When those people weren't around ( or he just stopped listening to them ) you got episodes 1-3.

Snyder is one of those directors. He has an excellent visual style, composition that is great for these kinds of movies. But the studio execs should in this case put him on a bit of a leash, give him less control over the project and a much better film would result.
>>
>>81464499
People worship Jesus because of his miracles.
Superman's powers are like miracles, so people would definitely worship him if he was real.
>>
>>81464499
>The whole "Superman as God" metaphor doesn't work for me. He can't heal the injured or cure the sick.

I think when people describe Superman as a "God" they are talking more in line of the Greek or Norse Gods of mythology who were basically fucking Superheros. Rather than the Judaeo-Christian deity.
>>
>>81458548
No specifics, but I've got a rougg outline. Change it from Batman v Superman to Batman & Superman: World's Finest. They start of suspicious of each other, there's some conflict between them, but they're buddies halfway through the movie. They both have their own plots going on that quickly twist and converge continually as the story progresses

Base Superman loosely on his silver age/ASS characterization, get Morrison as creative consultant consultant for the Superman side of things. Base Batman more on Golden Age Batman in the beginning, becoming like a mix of a bit more like an affable modern Batman as things progress.

Young Luthor with his original ginger locks is fine, but he should still be Luthor, not fucking Dan Vs

Billy Batson cameos somewhere

Also how about some light and color, some warmth and friendliness? Something heroic and inspiring? Kids don't care about this grimderp shit, their parents do.
>>
>>81464499
he's not an Abrahamic god, he's a sun god
>>
>>81458548
Supes refutes Lex's whole "your a God" schtick
>>
>>81464647
>>81464811
he's really not, he's an alien whose physiology gives him powers, just like t did to the THREE OTHER EVIL aliens the humans are aware came to earth. his powers aren't "miracles", they're something the scientists of the world have explained.

besides

>implying apollo can't cure the sick

are you niggas serious?
>>
>>81464360
>And yes Geoff Johns's fingerprints are on this movie with Goyer and Snyders

Nigga have you ever even read Johns on Superman?
>>
>>81464921
>scientist

Thanks for reminding me that Black Science Man is in BvS with his Reddit talking points.
>>
>>81460596
goddamn. i sincerely hope you enjoy it.
>>
>Atlantis and its king Khal Drogo are upset when another tanker spills some oil into the oceans
>Themyscira and it's lesbian princess Diana are upset when a nuke is tested on paradise island by people worried about stopping superman

>Khal Drogo and Jewiana team up against the United States of America(God bless them)

>Superman and Batman, BFFs for life, must team up to tag team the evil homosexual hippies

>Patriotic music playing
>>
>>81462120
>re-do the musical score, it was terrible.

fuck you.
>>
>>81463504
Not even him but the only time Superman received effective damage was the time he got blown by kryptonite bomb. Anything else either shook him or blew him like breezes.
Hell the only reason he get injured is because the spear is directly piercing his face.
Even Supesfags would be surprised by the way Superman's endurance is exaggerated.
>>
>>81458548

More scenes of Clark being a journalist

More scenes of Superman helping people, and the next part is important, with a smile on his face, not just a 10 second gallery edit

Less Batman brooding more detective work

More Lex Luthor being a tech nerd geek who is obsessed with meta humans and alien technology not just a quipping hipster kid

Better looking Doomsday

Less Dream sequences, in fact more than 1 dream sequences is pushing it

That's all I can think of right now but there are more cause if I edited out parts of that movie, I'd get something acceptable out of it.
>>
File: JusticeLeague-2-Zone-008.jpg (3 MB, 3900x2998) Image search: [Google]
JusticeLeague-2-Zone-008.jpg
3 MB, 3900x2998
>>81465139
>Superman's endurance is exaggerated.

haha oh wow. it's like you've never opened a superman comic.
>>
>>81458548
Fix the dialogue. FIX THAT FUCKING DIALOGUE.
>>
>>81465322
>More scenes of Clark being a journalist
There's definitely more of that in the Director's Cut

>Less Batman brooding more detective work
He spent like the first hour and a half of the movie doing detective work. He was more of a detective than every other live action Batman combined.
>>
>>81464951
O yes I did and I hold Johns Superman run in high regard.

BUT

There is a huge difference between Johns writing pre Nu52 and post and I deffanlty noticed touches of Nu52 Johns in BvS. There was not a trace of the Superman run that Johns wrote in the Superman in this movie
>>
>Dammit Kent, no one cares about Batman V Superman:Dawn of Justice
>You're absolutely right Perry, I'll go do that sports story
>Clark goes to do the sports story
>The Metropolis Meteors coach sees him as he casually throws a baseball that almost injures a player
>gets signed onto the team
>movie follows him as he becomes a baseball star
>Bruce Wayne owns the Gotham Knights
>Lott amoney ridingg on the Knights beating the monarchs
>bruce reviews the tapes
>smells something fishy.
>becomes matches malone, player extraordinaire
>climax of the movie is the final game
>>
>>81465472
>He spent like the first hour and a half of the movie doing detective work

>Going to a fight club and Lex's party

It was like 5 minutes at most
>>
Briefly:

-Heavily Edit the first hour and half. This means cuts to shit that doesn't fit or matter (knightmare scenes) and inserting logical transitions form one scene to the next.

-Get to the BvS part way faster. We're talking within the first half hour if possible.

-Motivation for that fight shouldnt be "OH I HATE YOU" and "HE TOOK MY MOM". Let it be, "OH I DONT TRUST YOU" And Superman is out of his mind somehow (Red Kryptonite, Control from Poison Ivy or some other mook).

-Fight can be the same. Batman is about to deliver killing blow, but he learns its not Superman's fault. Alfred figures it out or Lois Lane does. Whatever.

-Superman is too fucked up to be Superman. He has to recover. This is where you spend more time. Developing a friendship between Batman and Superman after the fight. Batman could even be Superman's "hero mentor" since this is an older Batman.

-Imagine a scene like this, but Superman is Creed, and Batman is Rocky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zdIpXJlM8A

-Luthor Threatens City while Superman is gone. Batman intervenes. Superman flies in to help even though he isn't fully recovered from his kryptonite whooping.

-Although not a full strength, Superman makes a big difference. Saving Batman, and allowing for the pair to defeat the final bad guy (I dont even care. Could be Doomsday. Fine.)

Really, I havent thought about this too much. I just want Superman and Batman to have cool Training Montages together.
>>
>>81465350
Ya I know superman is invulnerable to any non-kryptonian means.
Which is why you only need to shoot him with kryptonian shell and finish him off with the spear afterwards. Feel like a waste of time watching the whole battle.
>>
I always thought that metropolis and gotham were like nyc-philly distance apart, not literally across a bay
>>
Make it Batman and Superman working together instead of Batman vs. Superman and you fix all the stupid brooding you have, and have an actual acceptable and memorable film.
>>
Nothing to fix, all this terribleness is being set up to be Speedforce'd away and we'll get upbeat Supes and moralfag Bats as intended in the soft reboot. Screencap this.
>>
>>81465723
the kryptonite in the movie is really more in tone with how red sunlight affects him. batman could have used his genius to build a red sun emitter in his suit or some shit, to show his creativity instead of having a magic rock.
>>
>>81465909
>instead of having a magic rock.
Even with only magic rock batman should know the timing of maintaining his advantage(he should know the duration of affection, no?), instead of going beating and wrestling and shit that really make him look way dumber than we expected.
>>
>>81458548
Better Editor
Done.
>>
>>81459854
everyone's a hero in their own way
>>
>>81466935
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqCXXMvMm6g
>>
Stop shoehorning Lois in every goddamn scene, especially when she became damsel in distress all the time
>>
>>81458548
There's nothing wrong with it.
>>
File: Michael Keaton petition.jpg (141 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Michael Keaton petition.jpg
141 KB, 600x600
>>81458548
We pretend like it's the 80's.

Michael Keaton is a comedic actor. He shouldn't be allowed to play Batman.

Sign this petition:
>>
This movie is literally kino. Ignore the meme, it's actually an interesting read.

http://pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy
>>
>>81466134
>he should know the duration of affection, no?

Nope, neither did Lex. The only information they had on Kryptonite was the effect of direct exposure to Zod's corpse.

>>81465857
That's straight from the Silver Age.
>>
>>81458548
release it before The Avengers
Honestly I dont believe that it would be so critically shat on if Marvel wasnt so popular

not saying that the movie didnt have lots of problems, theres just a REALLY obvious bias
>>
>>81458548
it was perfect...there is no need for change
>>
Bruce Wayne turns to his buddies Clark Kent and Barry Allen for help when he realizes he invited both Diana Prince and Wonder Woman to the Gotham Prom on the same night.

Clark is jealous because he wanted to invite Diana Prince too but was too afraid to ask.

Lois Lane, head of the city paper, overhears this conundrum and tries to catch Bruce in the act of juggling two dates.

Meanwhile, the city rich kid, Lex Luthor devises a way to ruin the prom and snatch Wonder Woman away from Bruce by using tricking a jock named John "Dooms" Day into beating up Bruce and Clark so he can steal Wonder Woman away.

Before John can attack the two he's stopped by some guy named Victor Stone because Barry tipped him off.

Lex is upset his plan fails and tries to hook up with the town slut Harley Quinn instead. Her boyfriend Joseph Kerry beats him up and spaypaints a smiley face on him because he's crying after being rejected twice.

The night is almost over and they decide to tally the votes for Gotham King and Queen. Diana wins Queen and there's a tie between Bruce and Clark for King. Diana reveals she is wonder woman and she knew about Bruce's plan all along before kissing him and clark.

Justice League logo pops up and the credits roll.
>>
>>81459361
Please stop
>>
>>81459034
This is a fucking terribl(y great idea
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.