[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here’s a bit of random speculation [for DC Rebirth]: Nightwing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 21
Here’s a bit of random speculation [for DC Rebirth]: Nightwing and Batman have a falling out. Okay, a crazy suggestion as I think that’s happened about a dozen times. But I don’t think Dick will be alone in walking away from Bruce: I think Damian goes with him. Yes, we’ll see Nightwing and Robin, a reunion of my favourite Batman and Robin duo of all time. This is based entirely upon the cover image for Nightwing #1 and the solicitation of him getting a new mentor, but I think Damian attempting to put together a team of Teen Titans follows, as Nightwing will be running around with the formerly forgotten Teen Titans in Titans. Damian will be trying to be more like Dick. It also wouldn’t surprise me if Damian decides to start using the Redbird name he used towards the end of Batman, Inc.
>>
This is AFFLECK IS DEATHSTROKE tier.
>>
i hope you are rigth
>>
>>81449549
i think the falling out will be because nightwing was the most powerful student at robin academy and batman will be jealous and try to defeat him
>>
>>81449549
>Nightwing and Batman have a falling out.
Didn't they already do that for the New 52, after DotF?
>>
>>81450020
The whole Family was mad with him but no one followed up on it because DOTF was shit
>>
>>81450099
I was annoyed that Tomasi kept referencing it in B&R.
>>
>>81450152
Tomasi actually cares for continuity
>>
>>81449549
Have you listened to any interviews regarding Seeley and the title
>>
>>81450277
Yeah but he still could have quietly ignored the terrible continuity. Not everyone can pull a Morrison and make garbage stories into something great.
>>
>>81450152

He was the only one.

Well Johns did. Bruce invited Dick to join the League but Dick knew it was a shallow attempt to get them to start talking again.

Everyone else I think just ignored it and I think that ultimately is DOTF's biggest flaw. Even Snyder ignored it going into Eternal.
>>
>>81450277
Well that and he wanted the book he was writing to carry on as long as he could.
>see Bruce act like a prick to all his (remaining) children, we've never seen that before!
>>
>>81450277
>>81450558
>>81450580
Tomasi is somewhat a better editor than he is a writer, so it makes sense that his B&R is continuity-ladden, which, tbqh senpai, is one of the redeaming qualities of a somehow medium run.
Tomasi referencing EVERY bat-books showed that he was the only one who cared about continuity and creating a shared world, and that gave magics to the Bat-world.

Whereas Snyder doesn't reference Damian but once in Batman #6 (if you don't count the Requiem issue) during his whole run. That hurts the bat-line, down the line, and is a goddamn shame.
>>
>>81450670
>Whereas Snyder doesn't reference Damian but once in Batman #6 (if you don't count the Requiem issue) during his whole run. That hurts the bat-line, down the line, and is a goddamn shame.
Well in the DotF finale Bruce does save Damian beofre going to anyone else. But that could have just been a decision made by Capullo.
>>
>>81450670

He appears in issue one, the annual features him and Dick teaming up, and then a few times in DotF.

Snyder wasn't writing the Batman & Robin book he was writing the Batman book so I never understood why people were always so mad about Damian barely appearing. It wasn't the book for that.
>>
>>81450670
>which, tbqh senpai, is one of the redeaming qualities of a somehow medium run
I actually feel the opposite. I've been debating whether to get the Hunt for Robin/Robin Rises trades for my shelf, but I would much prefer those stories if they were trimmed and made more self-contained. Parts of it feel too much like an event comic for my liking.
>>
>>81450936
I think I there was an interview once where he said he didn't know how to write Damian well, and people just ran with the idea he hates the character.
>>
>>81451019
Yeah he said that, he doesn't feel comfortable writing Damian when one of his sons was around the same age, and B&R was already a Bruce and Damian book.

But of course what he really meant was he hates the character and is secretly racist.
>>
>>81451164

Yeah. Just like how his run being "just okay" means it's the worst book ever written and is pure trash.
>>
>>81450670
Frankly actually editors doing their job instead of pretending like they're writers is so rare that a good editor who endures continuity and shit makes sense are rare as fuck these days.

Quesadilla and DiDio set the tone for editors today; they don't edit and think they're still writes and force ugly editorial commands on everyone.
>>
>>81450099
Tomasi followed it up in the robin rises story, they constantly referenced that and bruce and dick even had a moment about that.
>>
>>81450670
>>81450943
Am I alone in thinking Batman and Robin and Grayson are the only good bat books of the new 52? I enjoyed B&R immensely, but a lot of that probably has to do with Gleason. It was a fun, beautiful book.
>>
>>81451380
Catwoman was great

And Midnighter was edited by Doyle and was great too
>>
>>81449983
Underrated post
>>
File: 1428548353924.png (403 KB, 500x684) Image search: [Google]
1428548353924.png
403 KB, 500x684
>>81451164
>>81451019
>>81450936
Snyder doesn't write Damian because he doesn't enjoy writing a character the age of his son getting into trouble.
That's why I'm *angry*, because I believe Snyder's answer is not a valid one. So what will happen one day if the next writer of GL is afraid of stars?
Or
>that one is for /pol/ guys
What would happen if the next writer of WW is afraid of women?

My point is, okay Scott, good with you, you don't like writing this character, but NO ONE CARES. An accountant doesn't get away with "I didn't do this substractions because it's boring", and I don't see why a writer should deface a character's legacy because he "doesn't feel like it".
>>
File: Dicktim3.jpg (153 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Dicktim3.jpg
153 KB, 800x1200
>>81449549

Tim not being on the cover shouldn't bother me so much but I really miss when he and Dick were close. I want that back.

I miss when Tim was good too.
>>
>>81451745
lmao
>>
>>81451380
>>81451420
I think B&R is actually really medium
>Born to kill arc is good, mostly saved by awesome art and good character moments, I think what people liked was the originality of it (basically: no prior story about Bruce and his son fighting a villain made basically of their collective dark soul)
>Awful arc about "zombies"?
>I'm the one anon who said continuity in B&R was awesome, but I meant more the "droplets of info" and "cohesive infos" here and there. But the DOTF issues of B&R were godawfully boring
>The Court of Owls issue was useless
>The arc where Batman goes through the 5 stages of grief is so out of character and poorly thought out
>The awesome moments like Batman and Ra's getting face to face with Apokolips forces in the snow is just a reason for a snorefest of people punching people with no dialogue
Tomasi created great moments, but also fell in for his inner demons of violence and nonsensical plots in B&R, imho tbqh familia.
>>
>>81451745
This.
I didn't like how he handled Damian, but he has handled the whole batfamily very poorly -- using only Alfred and a lot of bland OCs. I don't get what his problem is.
>>
>>81451380
>Am I alone in thinking Batman and Robin and Grayson are the only good bat books of the new 52?
Yes. Layman's initial Detective Comics arc featuring Ogilvy was pretty decent. Hurrwitz had some good stories on The Dark knight. Valentine's Catwoman was decent. And if there's anything else it escapes my mind
>>
>>81451823
>He's with Jason now Dick traded in for a younger model.
>>
>>81451380
Valentine's Catwoman and Gotham Academy are both great (whether GA is a batbook is debatable)
>>
>>81451579
Someone post Red Hood's bio
>>
>>81451980
>a whole year in the past
>almost a whole year without Bruce as Batman
>used them at the end of Endgame
>used them in DOTF
>used Dick in CoO, DOTF, and Endgame

I mean having two massives stories that aren't in the present or with the main character that the batfamily revolves around will do that...
>>
>>81451823
>that moment in Batman: War Games when Dick saves Tim in Tim's school, and Drake is so impressed and adores his "big brother"
>that moment a few nights later when Grayson has PTSD and falls crying in the middle of mayhem because he thinks he killed a guy (ps: it was in fact Tarantula)
>that moment when Tim just falls apart just watching his big brother hurt so bad
Those were great times, lads.

>>81451420
>>81451380
Also, from the top of my head, here's the New52 best of the brightest tbqh:
>Batman:Incorporated
>Dial H
>Captain Atom (past #6)
>Animal Man
>Swamp Thing (especially when Soule takes over)
>Lemire's Green Arrow
>Grayson
>Vibe
>Azzarello's WW
>Manapul's Flash
>>
>>81451980
>and a lot of bland OCs
Nigga Harper is not bland, she has the power of electrical engineering, so check your privilege
>>
>>81451823
>I miss when Tim was good too.

I miss when DC was good and acknowledged previous stories and characterization.
>>
>>81452061

Well the actual Robin solo book is great, We Are Robin isn't terrible but it's not really great either, and the post-DotF Nightwing issues where Dick is in Chicago weren't so bad. I wish Higgins got to finish the Cape Killer arc at least. Maybe Seeley can pick it back up if he feels like it.

Batman itself isn't bad. It just doesn't live up to the hype.
>>
File: batman-inc-31.jpg (205 KB, 594x853) Image search: [Google]
batman-inc-31.jpg
205 KB, 594x853
>>81452061
Dude, Hurwithz's The Dark Knight, and frankly 100% of the Dark Knight's issues, is dogshit.
>>
File: 078.png (571 KB, 1544x1086) Image search: [Google]
078.png
571 KB, 1544x1086
>>81452091

No problemo hombre.
>>
File: B&R18.jpg (309 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
B&R18.jpg
309 KB, 900x1384
>>81451933
>The arc where Batman goes through the 5 stages of grief is so out of character and poorly thought out
In fairness, that arc is preceded by a 10/10 wordless issue
>>
>>81452240
I'm assuming you didn't read it all. The stuff drawn by Van Sciver were bad. But the story drawn by Ponticelli was pretty great. It was a hit or miss run
>>
>>81452355
>wordless
So that's why it's good
>>
>>81452245
are there more of these, or did you just make it?
>>81452355
I thought Alfred was wearing sunglasses at first.
>>
>>81451745
>Snyder doesn't write Damian because he doesn't enjoy writing a character the age of his son getting into trouble.

Read between the lines. Snyder doesn't like Damian. He didn't need Damian for his stories. His books sold high and got good reviews.

Maybe Tom King will make use of Damian. Tomasi made good use of him.

Shit, Denny O'Neil barely used Robin in his Batman run. There's no obligation to always use Robin.
>>
>>81452112
Okay. Now explain the absence of the bat family in the past year.
>>
File: nothinpersonelkid.jpg (163 KB, 780x770) Image search: [Google]
nothinpersonelkid.jpg
163 KB, 780x770
>>81452446

I didn't make it.

Do you not know about Coldsteel The Hedgehog?
>>
>>81452517
You mean when Bruce wasn't Batman?
>>
>>81452517
>almost a whole year without Bruce as Batman
>Alfred not wanting Bruce to remember Batman so he keeps most of his old life from him
Pretty much stated in story
>>
>>81452563
Bruce was in that story. And there were key moments where the bat family could (and I'd argue should) have been in.
>>
File: Batman_The_Dark_Knight_B.jpg (319 KB, 600x922) Image search: [Google]
Batman_The_Dark_Knight_B.jpg
319 KB, 600x922
>>81452379
Lmao, to my own shame I possess all TPBs of this run.
I thought the Van Sciver couple of issues (Man-Bat focused if I remember correctly) weren't really good.
>The stuff about the evil capitalist guy who... does bad stuff?
>and throws Bats from a skyscraper and for some reason Bruce is so like "welp I'm in the void what am I gonna do it sucks am I gonna die?" when Batman literally jumps from skyscrapers to skyscrapers in every over single issue
>Batman lets himself be literally impaled and should die but NOPE it's a comics ain't gonna explain shit
>Batman could have found literally a dozen ways to give the guy a serum but I guess letting the opportunity of getting yourself cut in half pass was too good

Ponticelly issues
>Good art, not always so great
>Shit story
>booh-hoo kids are not getting the best in life and are slaves
>Batman beats some guys
>a kid does some stuff
>Batman beats some guys
>cliffhanger
>next issue: kid does some stuff
>batman again beats some guys (and keep in mind it was all wordless so... not much to chew here)
>The end
I'll give you that: the end was great, with a good nod to how kind Bruce actually is, which was reminiscent of Morrison's run as well as TAS Batman
>>
>>81451933
>Not loving this issue
>>
I want College Carrie to return.
>>
>>81452112

Eternal is a huge Batkid book. Both of them. Not very good but they're Batkid books.

>>81452517

>Barbara is in Burnside
>Damian is traveling the world
>Dick is a spy, assumed dead by most
>Tim is with the titans on the run
>Jason is running Edgelords For Hire.
>Steph is hanging out with Catwoman

They're all out of Gotham itself. They pretty much all did something dealing with JimBats in their own books too.
>>
>>81451933
>The awesome moments like Batman and Ra's getting face to face with Apokolips forces in the snow is just a reason for a snorefest of people punching people with no dialogue
This annoyed me as well. The whole Damian resurrection arc could have used a lot of trimming, starting with the overly long fight sequences.
>>
>>81452546
I... did not, this made by the same guy that wrote My Immortal?
>I know the Legend of "Deathblood the Hedgehog" but that is a much sadder tale.
>>
>>81452655
>Literally the 2nd to last of the griefs arc
>You literally picked the best one
>>
>>81452576
But as I writer, Snyder could have changed that, it was his choice to write it like that, and I'm not waiting for any kind of reunion in #51 either.

Contrast this to Grayson #12 which everyone loved. We all like the action, if not we wouldn't read comics, but without character interaction or us carung about the caharcters, the stories are hollow.
>>
File: damian_redhood.jpg (342 KB, 900x1382) Image search: [Google]
damian_redhood.jpg
342 KB, 900x1382
>>
>>81452749

It's satire.

So was My Immortal.
>>
>>81450277
> Tomasi actually cares for continuity

For a very select few characters.
>>
File: nooffensefrankenstein.png (159 KB, 541x237) Image search: [Google]
nooffensefrankenstein.png
159 KB, 541x237
>>
>>81449549
>Dick and Damian walk away

Good, keep the trash out so all the fake Batman fans can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>81452790
I never liked this arc it just continued the pattern since Damian's introduction and BftC of the Robins fighting each other, though I enjoyed Dick just giving Damian his trophy as he didn't see the point in fighting him. Come on DC just give me a full story arc about them joining together as allies... and no Harper this time.
>>
File: Batman and Robin Vol 2 33 016.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Batman and Robin Vol 2 33 016.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>
>>
>>
>>81453217
Batman and Robin had some fucking amazing arcs.
>>
>>
>>81453162
Goddamnit I love Bruce and Clark's relationship
>>
>>81453416
This issue (and 18) was definitely a highlight of the otherwise mediocre requiem arc.
>>
File: Batman and Robin Vol 2 38 019.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Batman and Robin Vol 2 38 019.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>
>>81453466

>Clark didn't leave him alone until he was sure he was okay
>>
File: Batman and Robin Vol 2 40 005.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Batman and Robin Vol 2 40 005.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>
File: Batman and Robin Vol 2 40 016.jpg (707 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Batman and Robin Vol 2 40 016.jpg
707 KB, 1988x3056
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.