[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, just got my Robin:SoB HC and the main inker and colorist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 228x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 228x346
Hey, just got my Robin:SoB HC and the main inker and colorist got front cover credits. Is that a first for DC?

It's really well deserved because their work really contributed a lot to this book.
>>
>>81448140
>Is that a first for DC?

No Klaus Janson and Lynn Varley got credit on the DKR singles
>>
story time it ya dingbat
>>
>>81448140
I'm getting sick of they making damian look brown.

For fucks sake ra's isnt brown, neither is bruce, and talia is half chinese. There's no reason for that coloring in Damian.
>>
>>81448219
Oh that's right! I just had never noticed it before, does it only happen when the penciler and writer are the same?
>>
I think it's just inconsistent. Rapmund is on the cover of my Booster Gold trade from 2008 (no Hi-Fi though, kind of bullshit).
>>
>>81448238
Because chinese are white.
>>
>>81448307
Also there was a recent (maybe past 5 years) thing about colorists getting cover credit. Not sure how that actually ended up.
>>
>>81448333
I just looked at some of the recent DCYou trades I bought and all of them have the colorist credited on the cover.
>>
>>81448224
My computers in the shop till the end of the week. Womp womp :(

Honestly cannot wait to own this entire run though, they better release it all hardcover.
>>
>>81448238
Get fucked
>>
>>81448329
Fairer skinned than most americans callling themselves white
>>
>>81448656
>muh memes
>>
>>81448329
They arenote brown, there's more PALE chinese than brown ones. .

White =/= Pale.

Damiand doesnt need to be fucking orange, he is pale and green eyed, and he isnt white. But making him Orange makes no sense.
>>
>>81448951
Ever been to the middle east? Light brown skin plus green eyes are common.
>>
>>81448951
It's really not a big deal either way. They colored Talia darker than normal to. Don't be so bootyblasted.
>>
>>81449168
Yeah, that's the thing. You don't need to make damian look dark, there's no need for it.

He is mixed. He isnt northern european. But that doesnt mean he needs to be colored in a retarded way.

Ra's was created in a time where Iran were considered antagonist to the west. He wasnt saudi in origin, his name was just a name he took on. Iranians are not darker than your average french. Damian lives in fucking gotham, the only reason he would have to be that dark is living under the son of the middle east. Not inside a mansion in a rainy city.
>>
miki has been getting front page credits for a while now
I wish they would realize how important colorists are already and get rid of the shitty ones they have
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.