[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This episode makes me angry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
File: Simpsons Death_of_Grimes.png (412 KB, 704x535) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons Death_of_Grimes.png
412 KB, 704x535
This episode makes me angry
>>
>>81446408
Why? It's hilarious.
>>
The ending is the most subtly unnerving thing The Simpsons ever did
>>
Would have made a great final episode. It's what happens when someone from the real world encounters Homer Simpson.
>>
>>81446408
Grimes did it to himself. He's an asshole who should've left well alone.
>>
>>81446690
>someone from the real world
Abandoned by his family at the age of four, so never got to go to school. Spent the remainder of his childhood working as a deliver boy, presenting gifts to children from wealthy, loving families.

He was severely injured in a silo explosion at the age of 18. During the recovery he taught himself to read and feel pain.

Despite all this he has a degree in nuclear physics and a masters degree.

He lives in a one room apartment above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley.

At what point in his background did you say, "Hey, that's just like a real person."
>>
>>81446791
He's the only one who's ever pointed out the ridiculousness of his life. Get the stick out.
>>
>>81446898
Even Homer's pointed out the ridiculousness of his life before then.
>>
File: 16HQowc.png (221 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
16HQowc.png
221 KB, 500x375
>>81446408
So change the channel
>>
>>81446408
Let me guess libertarian.
>I should get bewarded for being awesome.
>>
Shouldn't Grimes just not give a shit about Homer to begin with and try to put his knowledge in his work? Not like Homer's mistakes actually fuck up the plant in general.
>>
>>81446451
it's mean spirited
>>
>>81446408
Counterpoint: It makes me laugh out loud.
>>
>>81446791

Don't destroy the fantasy that they've built up around this episode.
>>
>>81447244
but its my first day
>>
>>81447264

It absolutely is not,
>>
>>81447264
How the fuck does mrenter manage to brainwash so many people
>>
I don't remember this episode this much, but this might indeed the moment when mistakes became the norm.
>>
>>81447264
It isn't. He is to some degree relatable.
If you think that's mean spirited what is about Moe or Gill or Sideshow Mel.
>>
>>81447264
Fuck off mrenter
>>
>>81450468
Who is mrenter? Is he some voice on cartoons? I have never heard of him
>>
>>81447264

It's not mean spirited at all. Homer does some slightly annoying things to Grimesy and he goes off the deep end and accidentally kills himself. There is no mean or cruel humour there.

It's a series of unfortunate events
>>
>>81450734
>>81450734
MrEnter is just something you have to see for yourself to believe
But basically he is a shitty YouTube cartoon critic
>>
>>81447244
I think most people would do that, but Grimes couldn't get over shit. Homer never really wanted to make him mad and even when he invited the guy over to his place for dinner, all he did was be an asshole about it.
>>
>>81446690
>It's what happens when someone from the real world encounters Homer Simpson.

Please, they really upped Homer's dickheadedness in this episode. This was basically the turning point from loving, if incompetent father who just wants to keep his family happy to dangerous retard whose antics ruin the lives of everyone he comes across.
>>
>>81447264

Homer did nothing wrong, Grimmy let his jealously get the better of him.
>>
>>81446690
I guess it'd make a good final episode in the sense of "Yeah, we HAVE kind of moved away from the tone we started the series with, haven't we?" but it's not really representative of the shit the show's typically about.

Almost any episode with some sappy Simpson family moment would probably feel more "final" than THAT'S OUR HOMAH!
>>
>>81451094
The worst part of him for me is how he criticizes the wrong stuff at times or always fucking references the pastel horse show
>>
>>81447264
Simpsons is absolutely a mean-spirited show, or at least the humor from 80% of its cast is most of the time.
>>
>>81451488
Or when he goes on his long drawn out rants or ranting on certain things because
>muh asexual
Fuck that guy and his fanbase
>>
>>81446408
>amazing spiderman 2
>>
>>81451782
haw
>>
>>81451435
>Homer did nothing wrong.
Homer has always been doing everythig wrong and never fece the real consequence of his actions that´s one of the points of the episode.
>>
>>81446408
Because it's true?
>>
>>81447244
>Not like Homer's mistakes actually fuck up the plant in general.

The plant is fucked up enough on its own, but there must have been like 30 times Homer broke shit or indirectly killed people, and I'm not even counting that time he nearly caused a meltdown because his dumb luck did save the day in the end.

Him being the safety inspector is the greatest crime of all.
>>
It's actually one of my favorite episodes.
>>
This should have been the series finale. It would have been perfect.
>>
>>81446791
If he can't afford to live well with a masters in nuclear physics he has nobody to blame but himself.
>>
>>81454449
What was the Simpsons series finale like, anyway? I lost track of the show after the movie and didn't even notice when it ended.
>>
>>81454602
A magic hot tub came to life and killed Homer and Marge. Cee Lo Green guest starred.
>>
>>81451270
Pretty much. The whole "person from the real world wouldn't survive in the Simpsons" falls apart when he just degrades into a complete asshole who snaps and kills himself. A normal person at that point might have seen that Homer's an idiot but he's genuinely trying to be friendly, then you get a nice lobster dinner and probably some pointers on how to stay off Mr. Burn's bad side.
>>
At least Grimes got laid.

What have you done?
>>
>>81456068
Shitposted on the internet.
>>
>>81454669
That was Family Guy.
>>
File: 1457742862054.jpg (10 KB, 229x237) Image search: [Google]
1457742862054.jpg
10 KB, 229x237
>>81451761
>asexual
well he is on the deep end of the autistic spectrum, so...
but really, calls himself asexual?
>>
>>81456592
Yes, he self identifies as "asexual." In the middle of his reviews. Often without any real prompting or reason to bring it up. Much more frequently than he should at that.
>>
>>81456707
wow... never understood that shit.
>>
>>81446408
The thing that annoyed me is that all his griping about Homer's perfect life could be pretty easily refuted.
>Homer walked into his job at the power plant
Homer desperately needed to support Marge and his new child, and basically sold his soul to Burns to get the job
>Friends with Gerald Ford
After almost getting murdered by George Bush Sr.
>Got to go into space
He got picked up because he's a slob, only got to go on the mission because Barney had an alcoholic relapse, and even after saving the mission which admittedly he endangered in the first place he didn't get any accolades.
>>
>>81446408
me too
>>81446503
exactly
It was really frustrating and depressing and just haunting as a kid. It made me loathe Homer and basically everyone on the show. Yeah the guy was a bit of a dick but he got absolutely zero recognition in Springfield. There should've been someone who gave some kind of a nice comment or two at some point. Meanwhile literally the most incompetent person in town who's also the second- or third-most-lazy person in town, Homer Simpson, got plenty of recognition and appreciation, to prove it wasn't that they didn't care about anyone or couldn't be positive. That kind of treatment would mess with anyone. I will say he took it too hard and too personally, and he didn't actually address the problem-- what bothered him wasn't Homer, it was how people treated him. He yelled about it once or twice around other people, but he didn't try to convince anyone. Even if the staff at the plant didn't care, there are governmental and news agencies he could've told about the safety risks posed by Homer.
IDK, maybe the point was "don't be too uppity about your pain and your accomplishments because someone will get more recognition than you and the stress of thinking about it will mess with you and you'll be dead some day anyway", but it could've communicated that better.
>>
>>81456068
I sleep in a bed with my wife.
>>
>>81457275
also in b4 muh autistic attention to realism, he was one of the most realistic characters they ever had
>>
>>81452122
Go back to sleep Grimey.
>>
File: 1454220908202.jpg (103 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454220908202.jpg
103 KB, 640x480
>>81457366
it was a whore, you cool with that?
speaking of >>81457275
what makes it more of shit kicker is the fact that they brought his son in to kill Homer in a much later episode, but i feel that the show was beyond the point of being Relevant.
>>
>>81457366
>>81457554

sorry, I misread that
>>
>>81456592
I don't know this youtube personality but are you bashing asexuals or this apparent autist?
>>
>>81454459
This.

Too many people are ready to blame others when the only ones to blame are themselves.

Stop whining and start applying yourself, anons.
>>
Lisa is a full time Frank Grimes so I don't see why a single episode Frank Grimes catches so much flack.
>>
>>81447264
Why does this complaint exist in /co/ and not any other board?

I swear, you'd never see /tv/ or /lit/ criticizing with film or literature with this complaint.
>>
>>81458618
Asexual, because it's a misnomer.
know plenty of decent autistic people who just want to live their lives, this guy just seems to have a superiority complex about him.
>>
>>81458818
>inb4 "I hate It's Always Sunny because it's mean-spirited"
>>
>>81447264
Pussy, Grimes dug his own grave
>>
>>81458818
>Why does this complaint exist in /co/ and not any other board?
It does, autism isn't limited to a single board, /co/ is just more loud about it because there are a lot of morons here
>>
>>81457275
Grimes sacrificed everything for his job
which gets you nowhere because you need social connections to get ahead in life. Homer was an oafish buffoon, but he was friendly and funny
and in the real world that's more important than any talent. the morale of the story is that neglecting your social life and your ability to make people happy with your presence is career suicide.

Grimes blamed the world for not making friends with him when he never tried to be friends with anyone
>>
>>81458618
>>81458839
No one cares if you don't want sex, but don't pretend your lack of sexual desire/sex-drive is considered a "sexuality".
>>
>>81458839
It's late here, but what exactly do you mean?
You don't have a problem with people who just don't feel sexual attraction but going around making a deal out of it is stupid and pointless?
>>
I seem to recall the episode cutting straight from BECAUSE I'M HOMER SIMP-- to the funeral scene.

What do you suppose Homer, Burns, the other plant employees, and the multiple children and parents there for the nuclear plant model contest did with Grimes' electrocuted corpse in between those two scenes?
>>
>>81459091
Oh thanks, that cleared it up.

>>81459101
Ignore this
>>
>>81459155
It's questions like these that make me appreciate the use of television and stories to cut past the bullshit. We don't live our lives plotpoint to plotpoint and thank god for it at times. But man, I'd love to see a series that includes a lot of in-between moments.
>>
>>81459091
>what kind of car do you drive?
>I don't own a car
>what the fuck? stop lying. Everyone owns a car. 'not owning a car' isn't a type of car now tell me what kind of car you drive
>>
>>81459814
What was the point of this post, anon?
>>
>>81446408
This episode is on right now.
>>
File: House of Lies.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
House of Lies.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>81460028
>>
>>81456487
I thought it was american dad?
>>
>>81451488
>pastel horse show
Just say MLP, you damn pansy.
>>
>>81452122
>Invites him to a free dinner at his house to patch things up.
>He shits on his livestyle only cause he hasn't it rougher.

It'd have been mean spirited if the entire episode was like the first half of it, but if I'm invited by a coworker for some good eating at his house I wouldn't be talking shit.
>>
File: dialogue on ng+.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
dialogue on ng+.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>81446791
You know Frank Grimes isn't real, right?

You know that he was created specifically for this episode as a joke, right?
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.