[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest to god question, Why the fuck are they fighting? What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: batman-superman-header2.jpg (42 KB, 640x357) Image search: [Google]
batman-superman-header2.jpg
42 KB, 640x357
Honest to god question, Why the fuck are they fighting? What's the conflict? Explain it as simply as possible because what the fuck.
>>
Batman:
He's a paranoid xenophobic fuck

Superman:
Lex Luthor is holding his mother hostage
>>
>>81445596
God comes to earth, battles another god and they cause a lot of death and destruction. Man doesn't think humanity should bow down to alien gods. It's simple really.
>>
>>81445619
God that's so fucking stupid. There's no fucking emotion behind this fight. It's just two autists slapping each other around because it's the movie title.
>>
>>81445740
So Batman has beef with Superman because he saved the world from an alien invasion and people are thankful? Yes thousands of people dies because of the fucking terraforming machine but it's better than the whole human race being wiped out.
>>
>>81445878
Everyone on the internet thinks it's s good reason to hate superman. Why not batman?
>>
>>81445878
>"Why couldn't Superman have stopped them faster, before the city got leveled, he's Superman he can do anything"
People forget that when the Zodsquad showed up Kal had JUST found out who he really 2as, JUST learned how to fly, HASN'T been fighting badguys for months, and is Inexperienced at being a hero.

I'm still baffled that Batman didn't know who Superman was, and who his mother is, he's fucking Batman, you'd think that if Superman just suddenly appeared he'd want to investigate him long before confronting him, right?

Fuck Hack Synder, he just just stick to making generic action flicks like 300.
>>
>>81446031
Exactly. Doesnt all of Smallville know who Superman is? Didnt Lois Lane figure that shit out on her own? How could the "World"s Greatest Detective" not figure that shit out in 2 minutes? God this movie gets more fucking ridiculous the more I think about it.
>>
>>81445740
I mean by that logic if Jesus were to come back then Batman would want to throw down.
>>
>>81446332
Batman's been in a deep pit of depression and insanity for a long-ass time and the movie does a poor job illuminating that he apparently took time off from crime-fighting after the death of Robin at the hands of Joker- you get that one scene that pans at the defaced memorial for Robin and thats it.
To me it'd make sense that a dude spending all of his time brooding when he isn't kicking random ne'er-do-wells asses wouldn't really reflect upon who the fuck Superman is.
>>
>>81446332
I was waitting for a moment where Superman starts to fly Bats across the bay, Batman would be like
"Clark, drop me down on this location, if right next to your mother."
"What? You..knew?"
"We had to make the fight look real, I knew you wouldn't kill me, but it had to be believeable, here, take my helmet back to Lex, I'll get Martha."
"This was all part of your plan?"
"Of course, I'm the goddamn Batman."

As bad as that is, it's fucking better than what we got, Synder didn't even give us a fucking handshake...
>>
>>81445878
>So Batman has beef with Superman because he saved the world from an alien invasion
That HE brought to the planet in the first place.
>>
>>81446462
If Jesus' battle directly killed a bunch of his employees and a good friend yeah, probably.
>>
>>81446031
maybe he doesn't think that Superman has an alter ego, a mother and a home town so he isn't looking for them
to Batman he's an alien god - why would he have such humanly attachments?

that's why most people can't see past Clark Kent's glasses
>>
>>81445759
They only do it for a grand total of 3 minutes before superman tells batman his mother's name and batman screams it into the night air like 5 times.
>>
>>81447603
Ding ding ding.

This guy gets it.
>>
>>81445759
>There's no fucking emotion behind this fight.

>Superman has Lex kidnapping Martha Kent
>Batman watched his building fall down in front of him, along with half of Metropolis
>>
>>81445596
I found it hilarious that Batman came off as a bully during his fight with Superman. When Superman got poisoned and couldn't even move, Batman started to beat the shit out of him. This is the part where I lost it. When the gas was wearing off and Superman was recovering, Batman had this terrified oh shit expression instead of, you know, being Batman and maintaining his composure, thinking "So it's only temporary. I need to set up the next dosage."
>>
>>81445759
>movie title
it's a V not a vs you dumb shit.
>>
People asking this question fundamentally misunderstand both of their personalities. Batman and Superman always fight when they first meet.
>>
File: 1455137339995.jpg (155 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
1455137339995.jpg
155 KB, 500x498
>>81447603
>world's greatest detective
>works off of assumptions, not facts
>>
>>81447728
>Batman is a dick
Yes. He usually is.
>Batman was worried for a second when the guy he's fighting became immortal again

Getting upset about this type of shit makes no sense to me at all.
>>
>>81447830
>thinks detectives work off facts and not assumptions

>"I'll never understand how you make such huge leaps in logic Grayson." "You will one day Damian."
>>
>>81447830
>Detectives
>Not working off of hunches

Holy shit you're stupid.
>>
>>81447902
Hunches tend to lead to facts, or they are wrong, they are what start detectives on their work. If every detective worked as though there hunch was fact they'd be about as stupid as yoh think I am. Batman works off hunches ro get to facts.
>>
I feel like a lot of the nitpicking is people being really obtuse on purpose, but one thing that does baffle me is the setup for the last act.

We very clearly establish that Suoerman has super senses. Out of all the noise in Metropolis, Superman is able to focus in on Lois Lane's screaming when Lex throws her off the tower. Lex is confident enough in Clark's acute senses that he knows throwing Lois off the Lexcorp building will attract him, no matter where he is in the city.

So why can't Clark hear his mom whimpering and crying and shit?
>>
>>81448007
What are you fucking talking about? Literally the only hunch that he assumes as fact in this movie is that Superman isn't human like he is. Which he is summarily wrong about.Which was the point of his entire arc. If you're mad because they made Batman be wrong about something, then I'm sorry but I'm a strong believer that Batgod wankery is a capital offense so please see yourself out if that is the case.
>>
Jesus allegories aside, was there any reason why Batman couldn't shoot superman with real kryptonite bullets instead of fighting with capsules and a spear?
>>
They were fighting because Snyder wanted them to fight. Anything else anyone tells you is just noise.
>>
>>81448149
This is actually a real plot hole.

I think the best answer is just that that's what the plot called for. I can't think of any movie involving people with extrahuman powers that doesn't have a "why don't they just do X with their powers?" sort of problem.
>>
>>81448186
Because Batman gets triggered by bullets. (pun intended)
>>
File: scriptsaysso.gif (1 MB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
scriptsaysso.gif
1 MB, 500x210
>>81445596
>>
>>81447603
No not maybe. An ABSOLUTE certainty!
>>
>>81448309
...Aw now I feel bad.
>>
>>81448172
It's not so much that Batman was wrong, but it was the fact that he took everything about Superman at face value, he saw what he wanted to see and didn't look into it at all. Meanwhile I nobody woman whoes motivation to find out who Superman was to write an article in a newspaper was able to uncover Superman's name, where he lives, and where his adopted father was buried, but the world's greatest detective couldn't? That's crazy talk man. It just didn't feel like Batman at that point I'd all I'm saying.
>>
>>81448149
Martha was bound and gagged on purpose to prevent her from screaming.
>>
>>81447772
What does the V mean then?
>>
>>81448172
>Batman wins the ideological fight (Superman is still a threat even with human fallibility and explotability, if not more so)
>Batman lives at the end, Superman dies
>Batman creates the device that kills Doomsday
>Batman gets the magic visions of the future
>Batman gets all the best scenes and character development, and possibly also the most screen time.
>Batman is the one that gets to form the Justice League

Man, ignoring everything else you said, this is a movie explicitly rife with Batwankery. Just because it made him retarded in order for the plot to work doesn't change that it's clearly favoring him.
>>
>>81448445
Hope
nah im guessing it means "and"
>>
File: Halb8.png (63 KB, 400x613) Image search: [Google]
Halb8.png
63 KB, 400x613
>>81448445
Vagina - Wonder Woman, it's just BWS doesn't look as cool or as pleasing as BvS, and wonder vag was a surprise for the movie that no one saw coming
>>
>>81447603
>maybe he doesn't think that Superman has an alter ego, a mother and a home town so he isn't looking for them
>to Batman he's an alien god - why would he have such humanly attachments?
>that's why most people can't see past Clark Kent's glasses
You just gave the justificatiion for why Lex Luthor doesn't find out Clark's secret identity.
Except this Lex Luthor found out Clark's secret identity.
Which means he's a better detective than this Batman.
>>
>>81448479
I would have guessed it meant versus, like a V between two names usually does.
>>
>>81447847
>Shilling this hard
Earn that paper yo.
>>
>>81448509
Well in math it means "or" but that would be a weird title name
>>
>>81448461
>>Batman gets the magic visions of the future
I didn't understand this at all. Does this batman have psychic powers?
>>
>>81448583
He has "being the director and studio favorite" powers.
>>
>>81448149

He could but he had to kill Batman, and prove it. And he couldn't just fly to her or Lex would order her killed.

Superman's only option was to fly to Batman and ask for his help.
>>
>>81448195
>>81448309
You mean like all works of fiction?
>>
http://pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.