[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Venture Bros. >12 years >~75 episodes >Naruto >14
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (227 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
227 KB, 1024x768
>Venture Bros.
>12 years
>~75 episodes

>Naruto
>14 years
>~700 episodes
Why is this allowed?
>>
Naruto has shit writing and slave labor to make the process go by faster.

Venture Bros has amazing writing and slave labor, which takes longer. It's quality over quantity.
>>
QUALITY!
>>
>>81444685
Yeah, but 75 episodes in 12 years is a little on the light side.
>>
>>81444620
Naruto was actually popular for awhile and used japanese slave labor to pump out all those episodes.

Venture Bros is a niche audience that requires FoxBlock funds.

Why was this allowed you ask?

You did not watch enough Cleaveland Show.

You have only yourself to blame
>>
>>81444620
That's because, in Japan, anime generally isn't produced or aired in "seasons". The show is continuously ran and produced until it's dead. This is due mostly to the slave labor conditions of writers and animators there.

In the US, animated show staff actually do get breaks here and there. With Venture Bros., the time between seasons is longer than with most shows due to the small amount of staff, who, mind you, still have human needs such as sleep and can't be expected to turn in A-material when they're running on fumes, and under US law, aren't legally allowed to be worked to the bone like in Japan anyway.
>>
>>81445325
>That's because, in Japan, anime generally isn't produced or aired in "seasons"
you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>81444620

I missed last night's episode, anyone got a mega?

;_;
>>
>>81444620
Naruto makes a shitload more money than Venture Bros.
>>
>>81444620
Lazy fucks make a great show.
>>
>>81444620
How many episodes of Venture Bros. are filler? Because I know at least 500 of those Naruto episodes do nothing for the 'plot'.
>>
>>81447061
Venture Bros doesn't have any source material, so none.
>>
>>81445325
>This nice pasta
>>
>>81445325
>That's because, in Japan, anime generally isn't produced or aired in "seasons".
That's like using South Park as an indicator for how long it takes to make an episode of a western cartoon. Eternal weekly series like Naruto are rare because they're super resource-intensive. They feel more common than they are because the ones that do exist have been around for so long.
>>
File: 1459620602418.png (294 KB, 960x360) Image search: [Google]
1459620602418.png
294 KB, 960x360
>Naruto
>popular series that was based on a long running, ongoing manga series with hundreds upon hundreds of chapters, not to mention all the anime only filler episodes made to kill time so the studio could catch up

>Venture Bros.
>original series made by a skeleton crew for a late night animation block

gee i wonder
>>
File: hate me.jpg (46 KB, 718x829) Image search: [Google]
hate me.jpg
46 KB, 718x829
I was in 10th or 11th grade when Venture Bros debuted.
I'm almost 30 now.
>>
>>81447475
congrats
>>
>>81447341
Anyone else disliked Megas for having it's cake and eating it too? They were a giant robot show parody while also being a show with a lot of by-the-numbers giant robot show episodes. That's almost insulting to the audience: "Gee, aren't these shows stupid? What kind of idiot would watch one? Oh, that's right — you."
>>
>>81449210
>"Gee, aren't these shows stupid? What kind of idiot would watch one? Oh, that's right — you."
That wasn't what Megas was about all.
>>
>>81449210
Parody doesn't always imply contempt for what its parodying.
Megas XLR is a by-the-books giant robot show that immerses itself in the common cliches of the genre while lovingly poking fun at them.
If you feel insulted by this you need to get your rampant insecurities in check before striking out at a cartoon.
>>
File: for real nigga?.png (186 KB, 424x341) Image search: [Google]
for real nigga?.png
186 KB, 424x341
>>81445325
>That's because, in Japan, anime generally isn't produced or aired in "seasons"
>>
>>81445161
Demarco please leave.
>>
>>81444620
>naruto
>badly animated and has a lot of freeze frames so they can skip animating certain parts
>don't have to actually write anything because they just copy the manga's story
>venture brothers
>actual animation which is a time intensive process
>actually have to write a story
Gee I dunno
>>
>>81449210
>wolfcastlestandup.jpg
>>
How many Pokemon episodes are there by now? 10,000? 20,000?
>>
File: some day.jpg (138 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
some day.jpg
138 KB, 1200x675
>i remember when both of these debuted (naruto being the toonami debut ofc)
>sweet halcyon days gone by
>>
>>81444620
>>81445028
I've watched those 75 episodes like at least 15 times each so it kind of evens out
>>
>>81445161
Why are you pretending the Cleveland show was good?
>>
>>81452639
This. I can throw a dart at a list of episodes and Ill enjoy that one as much as i always have. Shit does not get old
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.