[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are transwomen allowed on Themyscira?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12
File: wonder-woman.jpg (334 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
wonder-woman.jpg
334 KB, 1240x775
Are transwomen allowed on Themyscira?
>>
Only if they have the male parts removed
>>
I could see wonderwoman making fun of them for being neutered imposters.

DC would probably make her pro Trans unfortunately. Don't feel like it fits.
>>
>>81442100
Going off women historically: maybe, maybe not
>no uterus
>you'll never be a real woman

Going off contemporary Girl Scouts: yes.
>>
>>81442100
On the other day I was thinking about an imaginary Wonder Woman relaunch where she was either born as a woman/man hybrid or wanted to become a man or some shit, and then she was kicked out of the Island and series follows her trans struggles in the men's world.
>>
>>81442100
Your still biologically male so No
>>
>>81442100
No, but editorial won't let them be as explicit as they should about Amazonian xenophobia.
>>
>>81442634
She shouldn't get kicked off the island but if she snuck into the contest for that purpose then it might be ok
>>
>>81442646
In the DC world Transwomen are spritually women.
>>
>>81442579
I could never see wonder woman doing this.
>>
>>81442100
Pre-Crisis it would never come up.

Perez Amazons would be split, they'd have a forum, hear arguments, probably rule in favor but there would be dissension.

Azz Amazons would only accept them if they were trans-lesbians.
>>
>>81442100
If you got a dong you don't belong.
>>
>>81442634
>I can't she why Wonder Woman can be trans. Her gender doesn't define her.
I can hear the sjws already
>>
>>81442795
If you have a willy, get off the island silly
>>
>>81442805
I got the idea after watching too many SJW videos. The comic could work, though, with some actually competent writer.
>>
>>81442902
Any comic could work with a competent writer
>>
>>81442646
What about men who don't have any X chromosomes? Scientists made male rats without one, which are reproductively viable. The second genetation is mostly miscarriages, the offspring of the third generation are the same as any other rats but they have no Ys. It would work for humans too.

What about hermaphrodites with a functioning uterus, and non-functional testes? What about herms with functional testes and non-functional uterus?
What about that decimal percentage of herms where both sets of genitals are functional?

What about that herm that was born, their orphanage had surgery to reassign it to be a girl illegally when they were only an infant, then it turns out that when he/she went through puberty it was a boy who was born with vestigial lady parts who now has to get hormone injections because he's missing the right parts and it fucked up his biochemistry? (Look it up, it was a Catholic orphanage and the old as hell head priest decided leaving it was a herm would make it gay (however the fuck that works) so he decided it looked more like a girl and had them lop off the boy parts)
>>
File: 1456243301824.jpg (75 KB, 461x511) Image search: [Google]
1456243301824.jpg
75 KB, 461x511
>>81442902
>The comic could work, though, with some actually competent writer.
Honestly I want to see it for the butthurt that would occur on social media when feminist lose Wondie to the trannies
>>
>>81442795
>>81442837
But they made two men into Amazons, because Wondie dated them and Hippolyta decided they could hold a spear and stab a Nazi if need be.
>>
>>81443027
I remember reading about something like that in high school sociology as in regards to "Nature vs Nurture".
>>
Interesting question, are Amazons TERFs? Perhaps, that just depends on the writer.
>>
>>81443086
I know one was Steve, but who was the other?
>>
File: image.jpg (416 KB, 800x1255) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
416 KB, 800x1255
>>81443241
This guy, from Gail Simone's run.
Member of not-SHIELD, Hippolyta invited him to Themiscyra and tested his Amazon-ness. Since the gryphons were okay with him, he could fight in hand to hand, and didn't piss himself when the giant sharks nipped at him she gave him her blessing, citizenship, and his own suit of Amazonian gear.

He gave it back and renounced Amazonhood when Wondie was forced under compulsion from the lasso to admit she didn't love him and just felt her biological clock ticking.

Diana also had Gorilla City sidekicks in addition to Donna during this time. It was a pretty good run.
>>
>>81443477
>gave him her blessing, citizenship, and his own suit of Amazonian gear.
"Well Ms. Prince, your application for citizenship to the United States of America is accepted. Here's your complimentary kevlar and Winchester rifle, congratulations."

There was periods of our history where they did give citizens free guns, although only as settlers of the west and it was a state thing rather than federal policy.
>>
>>81442100
Her mom is so old school and it's really her call so no
I don't think so
Though if Diana got to know one to the point that they were friends there's no doubt in my mind that she would at least argue against her mother for that persons rights
>>
>>81443477
I'd like dinner and a movie with Wonder Woman.
>>
>>81442743
Azz Amazons were "totally and completely straight, see they fuck men and everything" though
>>
>>81442634
Shit, this is what Morrison should have done. It sounds exactly like something he'd pull.
>>
>>81442795
>>81442837

If you got a cock get off our rock
>>
>>81443027
>What about men who don't have any X chromosomes? Scientists made male rats without one, which are reproductively viable. The second genetation is mostly miscarriages, the offspring of the third generation are the same as any other rats but they have no Ys. It would work for humans too.

Y chromosome, male parts, no female parts - male

>What about hermaphrodites with a functioning uterus, and non-functional testes?

Fem

>What about herms with functional testes and non-functional uterus?

Functioning male parts, non-functioning female - male

>What about that decimal percentage of herms where both sets of genitals are functional?

Only case where the person can legitimately choose

>What about that herm that was born, their orphanage had surgery to reassign it to be a girl illegally when they were only an infant, then it turns out that when he/she went through puberty it was a boy who was born with vestigial lady parts who now has to get hormone injections because he's missing the right parts and it fucked up his biochemistry?

Bio male with surgical female parts - Male

Do herms have Y chromosomes?
>>
>>81443477
>If Wonder Woman makes rape joke, is it okay?
>>
>>81444708
Posted by accident

>>What about hermaphrodites with a functioning uterus, and non-functional testes?

Presenting male, male
>>
>>81442707
This. /pol/acks believing the patron saint of Love in the DC universe would be cruel to another human being just because is hilariously stupid.
>>
>>81442593
>no uterus
>you'll never be a real woman
Um, anon. You do realize that Hippolyta, the QUEEN of Themyscira, is infertile, right?
>>
>>81442634
Bendis?
>>
>>81444873
Better pack her damn bags, then.
>>
>>81443204
They're definitely man-hating, so they have the radical part. The TE has never been explored, but seeing as how comics as a medium are usually liberal, I doubt it.
>>
>>81445074
>they're definitely man-hating
They're definitely not.
>>
>>81445139
>We don't let men in our country
>Oooh boy but we do love men!

Why do you allow your sexual fantasies to change what's obvious?
>>
>>81445244
>I'VE NEVER READ A WONDER WOMAN COMIC
Every fucking time.
>>
>>81445327
I've read the one where they capture men and rape them in order to reproduce and then give them to Hephaestus.
>>
>>81445354
everyone knows that Azzarello fucked up writing the Amazons.
>>
>>81445413
>NOT MUH
k
>>
File: WonderWomanV2Annual#01-28.jpg (856 KB, 905x834) Image search: [Google]
WonderWomanV2Annual#01-28.jpg
856 KB, 905x834
>>81445327
>literally do not let men set foot on the island
>even male infants who are drowning at sea have to go elsewhere
>>
>>81442100
In the 1940s, no. Now, possibly (although pre-op transwomen would likely have to immediately have their junk removed, and I don't know if Themyscira has anesthetic).
>>
>>81445244
>>81445463
I think Europe should let brown refugees drown in the sea but that doesn't make me a racist.
>>
>>81445463
The page you link to directly contradicts the point you're trying to make:

>In essence, the world outside has seen the light of many Amazons, female and male.

Sounds like they don't have a problem with men, they just like to keep to themselves.

So they're more like Jim Crow-era "separate but equal" racists than misandrists.
>>
>>81444553
If you don't have a clit, you had better split.
>>
>>81442100
Wonder Woman would be OK with it, the Amazons however probably wouldn't want you there.
>>
>>81442100
What if there was an Amazon who secretly wanted to transition?
>>
>>81445918
If you've got a penis, that's the last you've seen us
>>
>>81442579
Wondy wouldn't do this, even when she's written as a warrior bitch
>>
>>81447106
Don't have the genitals that matter, then you're persona non grata.
>>
>>81442100
No.
However the science behind the act itself and the concept of hormones would be of great interest. To the Amazonian scholars that is.
But men are not allowed on the island unless given permission by the four goddesses. Hera, Athena Aphrodite and Artemis.

They also have a fountain where man can turn into woman. (As to why they did not bathe their male infants in those waters, instead of drowning them and/or exchanging them for weaponry so that they could grow enslaved to a furnace makes its pretty much clear that, amazons are not benign to anything male.)
>>
>>81444759
On her island?
Okay.
They do it all the time.
The rape that is.
Not the joke.
Those they don't do very often.
>>
>>81443578
Wait, wait, wait, wait just a fucking second. You mean that if get American citizenship I DON'T GET A GUN? What is the fucking point then?
>>
>>81447993
Honestly they probably do joke about it a lot too, at least as commonly as other subjects
>>
>>81444759
She's probably full of the but they're all about women raping men
>>
File: Laughing whores.png (68 KB, 281x361) Image search: [Google]
Laughing whores.png
68 KB, 281x361
>>81444821
>patron saint of Love in the DC universe

Bitch please, she hasn't been that in years. Hell, even in the current run she's a god of war now.
>>
>>81448028
At current. Amazons have social classes.
Nobility, those closer to the gods.
Warriors
Peasants(slaves)

The Peasants are not allowed to partake in the agora, nor in the festivals unless to serve the other castes. It is the lowest class, that is most interesting for you see, these class has agriculture and merchants, although unable to own land, they can work on the lands of those who possess it, being nobility and warriors.
From this class, not many are native amazons, or children spawn from foreign mothers and thus not recognized as warriors.
You see, the warrior class sometimes goes on boats and pillages boats by raping the men and them killing them. If, by chance, they have women with them, they are prisoners along with the ship. Thus works the Amazons.

They aren't the good persons. As long no one ventures into amazonian waters. It's okay.
>>
>>81448202
How about the Atlantians, what is their foreign policy?
>>
>>81448315
Better. Way better.
For example, Black Manta had a son with an atlantean woman and he hates Atlantis and well, Everything about it.
Regarding Atlantis. It has no slaves, It remains civilized and a underwater civilization mixed with several creatures. A man or woman fallen or taken by them is accepted, usually, but is unable to leave Atlantis. Being a secret place and all. The point is, Having black manta a son of atlantean origin shows how much tolerants they are when it comes to "foreign" people.
Although you follow their traditions and so on. Then again who would not follow when there's cthulu as your neighbor? Yup, they have that.
>>
>>81448508
>Atlantis
>civilized
These are prople who leave children for dead of they have blonde hair or purple eyes.
>>
>>81448095
She still isn't a douchebag.
>>
File: 4chan.gif (67 KB, 248x400) Image search: [Google]
4chan.gif
67 KB, 248x400
>>81448508
I never understood why Black Manta hates Aquaman and everything related to him so fucking much. Did a dolphin killed his parents or something like that?
>>
>>81448564
Welll, they do hate the living shit out of blacks so that's kind of a con considering Amazons don't give a fuck about race, skin or age.

Atlantis is pretty much "white only".
>>
>>81448601
Originally, he was just never given a motive. Which was pretty amazing in my opinion.

There have been two separate origin stories since then. One involves being raped as a child (I can't remember how Arthur fits in), but the other and more recent involves Arthur killing his father who was a pirate.
>>
The Amazonians would see the transexuals as eunuchs. It was common to cut genitals before puberty so many eunuchs had small tits and hips. The point is they're castrated dudes
>>
>>81448671
Actually, the "truth" regarding Blackmanta's origins for hating aquaman and Atlantis are simple yet inconvenient, hence why so low profile they play aquaman. It's about race. Blackmanta was the "black panther" threat against the white civilized society of atlantis. Lets just say htey made him in a time where blacks were hanged and lynched on the south for no reason at all.
>>
>>81448671
>One involves being raped as a child (I can't remember how Arthur fits in)
Raped by dolphins?
>>
File: we_r_all_wonderwomen.jpg (257 KB, 1100x605) Image search: [Google]
we_r_all_wonderwomen.jpg
257 KB, 1100x605
>>81442100
>>
>>81448812
This ain't even true nigga. Manta wasn't created until the late 60s when DC and comics in general were staunchly in-favor of civil rights.
>>
>>81442579
I can see Wondy doing this. Think about it. She comes from a place where they NEVER see men. Seeing a neutered diseased husk of a man with shaved legs will not seem normal to her no matter how much libshit you try to push.
Imagine if I lived in a rural African tribe and the first white person I see is dressed in black face. Never would get used to that
>>
Anyone who thinks Wondy would be rude or make fun of trans people in any of her different versions is a moron. The entire reason she left Themiscyra is to be an ambassador to Man and strive to understand Man's world better. If anything she would be curious about trans people
>>
Wtf?
Wonder Woman is a sick fuck that gets off molesting women and bounding them to her will for sex games. Always was, always will be.

We see, wonder woman in battle, we rarely see her private talk. Hell, the first cheetah was her lover/slash rival and that nazi woman she and her daughter went to the island.
>>
>>81442579
>I could see wonderwoman making fun of them for being neutered imposters.

Other Amazons might. Diana never would. She can have a truly bawdy sense of humor at times, but she never makes fun of people.
>>
>>81449120
uh
no

none of you are demigoddesses
>>
>>81449772
Diana never would. But she would want to know more and seek the process. That's her purpose. To gather knowledge
>>
File: 1459724648031.png (326 KB, 356x603) Image search: [Google]
1459724648031.png
326 KB, 356x603
>>81442100
>>
File: eHKW4.jpg (37 KB, 500x314) Image search: [Google]
eHKW4.jpg
37 KB, 500x314
>>81450224
>>
>>81450271
Damn, what is up with Diana and necks?
>>
File: wonder_woman_and_cheetah_by.jpg (180 KB, 1024x725) Image search: [Google]
wonder_woman_and_cheetah_by.jpg
180 KB, 1024x725
For someone who calls herself wonder woman arch-nemesis. I'd think she be suit for an angry ex lover than a threat.
>>
>>81450443
Which part of "I kill" don't you understand?
The only reason she doesn't kill Cheetah is because she regards its bearers as "pets" and of her old lover, Priscilla Rich which, was the "original" Cheetah. She's dead now, of old age.
They met in 1920. and the feud continued till 1940. Then, more than rivals, they became friends and eventually lovers. Priscilla went from burglary, to become a famous ballerina and teacher of arts.
She sometimes danced for wonder woman and sometimes wonder woman herself watched her performances without her notice.
She eventually died, of old age. While Diana remained the same each passing day. It is said Priscilla died on her bed, sorrounded by her loved ones, including wonder woman.

It's these memories that kept the present day cheetah alive. Otherwise, she would have twisted her neck like a twig long time ago.

No one knows. Maybe Batman knows?. But hell, he is batman right?
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.