[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who contributed to the modern day superhero film craze the most?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 2626x594) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 2626x594
Who contributed to the modern day superhero film craze the most?

I want to say Batman but we didn't really get another film hit for a decade until Spidey came out. So my vote is Spiderman.
>>
>>81439284
Those 4.

Superman introduced the premise, Batman refined it, Spider-Man resurrected it, X-Men proved a team movie worked, and Iron Man set the stage for the current capeshit genre
>>
Man, this feels like another wave of a genre. I think it goes cowboys then war then horror and now superhero movies.
>>
>>81439317
This
They are all equally important
>>
>>81439442
Only difference is we have superhero movies planned out for the next 20 years. Those other genres just happened on the spot, nobody was really making a timeline for Clint Eastwood films.
>>
It was the first X-men.

Batman actually almost killed the genre with Batman and Robin
>>
>>81439442
>multiple entries per year since 2000
>>
>>81439284
No... it was Blade.
>>
>>81439284
Modern as in the entire field we have today?

Iron Man hands down.
>>
Superman was the "classic" era
Batman darkened the genre
X-Men did "realistic" superpowers
Spider-Man put some camp back in the genre
Dark Knight ratcheted up expectations for effort in all aspects
Iron Man provided the modern formula
Avengers made the "cinematic universe" a thing
>>
>>81439284
You have to remember that before X-Men it was really just DC's game.

X-Men started showing that superhero properties that weren't Superman and Batman could be profitable.

Spidey 2 and X-Men 2 cemented that they could be critically acclaimed.

However, it was Iron Man and the Dark Knight that really saw studios clamouring for more superhero stuff.
>>
>>81440870
>the Dark Knight that really saw studios
Why does DC fall miserably after they make a good Batman film? They had the 1989 one then fell to shit. Then the trilogy then fell to shit again.
>>
>>81440751

Pretty much this.
>>
>>81439492
Not all of those are going to get made. The public is already tiring of capeshit.
>>
>>81439751
People didn't even know blade was a comicbook movie
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.