[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this mini any fun? How the heck is Max Bemis?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 5070069-01.jpg (322 KB, 843x1280) Image search: [Google]
5070069-01.jpg
322 KB, 843x1280
Is this mini any fun? How the heck is Max Bemis?
>>
It's fucking terrible.

Hey you know that thing Franklin Richards has subconsciously done keeping the Marvel Universe on a sliding timescale? Yeah, now that's being willingly done by some bitch who thinks it's fun. Also she's responsible for the Winter Soldier thing, even though it tore people's lives apart and killed others. But it's cute and fun! She's a hero!
>>
It's pretty boring unsubtle metashit.
>>
>>81438816
> Winter Soldier thing
Isn't this an X-Men comic tho? Why is Avengers shit mixed-up in it
>>
>>81438783
Literally the first page has a mention of a nazi killer
>>
>>81438840
Because casuals.
>>
>>81438783
It's modern X-men in which Wolverine and Storm do the same shit Cyclops was doing this whole time, but they get to shit on him because they have never killed ANYONE IMPORTANT MKAY.

You tell me.
>>
>>81438931
I feel like so much of modern X-Men is just shitting on Cyclops and Xavier because they've been the straight men to the other characters. Which just leaves a zany cast of fuck-ups with nobody to center them, so the books suck.
>>
>>81438956
Xavier is now a saint apparently, though.
>>
>>81438816
>now that's being willingly done by some bitch who thinks it's fun. Also she's responsible for the Winter Soldier thing, even though it tore people's lives apart and killed others. But it's cute and fun! She's a hero!
Do what now?
>>
>>81439001
I'm not going to find the images, but according to one character, she has kept everyone young for decades (without their consent), brought Bucky back from the dead as the Winter Soldier (ignoring that the Winter Soldier killed lots of people) and has kept the timescale sliding (thereby calling out something we all try not to think about).

This is presented as "cool" and "cute"
>>
>>81438931
Wait this series has nothing to do with any of the post secret wars X-plot lines.

It's an out of continuity mini-series.
>>
>>81439051
No she hasn't you fucking idiot. It was a fucking joke. The entire thing is out of canon, she'll never appear again because it's just a little black humor meta comic.
>>
File: 1455061578576.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1455061578576.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>81438783
this page and the one where Prof. X admits he has no endgame, people just assume he does due to his mad pokerface are pretty good but everything else is really contrived and just not funny or clever.

If anyone has the other page I'm talking about i'd appreciate it
>>
File: 1458762207475.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1458762207475.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>81439051
the sliding timescale is an innate property of the universe and has nothing to do with any out-of-continuity mutant
>>
File: mutants.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
mutants.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>81438840
>>
File: Continuity.jpg (174 KB, 696x1070) Image search: [Google]
Continuity.jpg
174 KB, 696x1070
>>
>>81439257
>implying that Nick Fury isn't the most beautiful son of a bitch of the Marvel Universe
>implying that Black Fury is relevant and interesting and not a total shit
God what a joke, "let's shit on an important popular icon because movies", Agents of SHIELD has been the most boring and cancerous brand of the last decade, call me when Marvel will make another story half as good as Steranko's Agent of SHIELD.
>>
It's Max Bemis, so I assume it's half-assed satire coupled with possible Holocaust allusions (which, admittedly, would not be too out-of-place in an X-Men comic).
>>
>>81438783
how can one comic be so horribly out of touch? There's already the Sliding Timeline, and Franklin Richards. What the fuck is all the crap about "Hurr Durr I replaced Fury cause he was lame", "I brought back Bucky cause he's cool" This is like Superboy Prime except they're treating him as the one on the right.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.