[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jessica Jones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 2048x1536
What would you like to see in Season 2 /co/?
>>
>>81436955
She should act a bit more intelligent.
>>
>>81436955
Nope.
>>
>>81436955
Nothing.
>>
So would you guys let Luke Cage have is way with you for 1 hour, to get jessica's super powers?
Keep in mind you get full anal regeneration.
>>
>>81436955
More Claire.
>>
Don't really want a season 2. What are they gunna do?

Reveal that David Tennant is still alive? Show how he gets caught again? Show how he escapes because Jessica's acting dumb again?
>>
>>81436955
Anal.
>>
>>81436955
Her pregnancy and the events of the comic book, the Pulse.
>>
>>81436955
Replaced by a Hellcat show. Or replaced by a Punisher show. Replaced by a Moon Knight show would be great too.
>>
>>81437059
No she doesn't.
>>
>>81436955
Do Mattie Franklin or the Steve Rogers plot. Maybe the missing mutie girl.
>>
An actually good villain this time.
>>
>>81436955
I want jessica jones replaced with a big strong man who punches people and does karate and sometimes frank comes in and shoots gangsters and the only ladies have big tits and tell the hero how right he is all the time and nobody does anything but make the big strong hero look good while he punches people.

I like some depth in my show. a little more mature if it isn't too much to ask.
>>
>>81437457
Its a cape story on film. the villain is always shit every time.
>>
>>81437463
Oh, this faggot again.
>Y-YOU ONLY HATED JJ BECAUSE IT'S NOT A PUNCHFEST AND A FEMALE LEAD LOL
>>
I don't get what the fuck is /co/s problem. I loved this, desu I liked it in its entirety more than DD S2.

Second season I'd like to see something original. I bet they can do it seeing as how they made a 13 episode series off of barely any comics.
>>
I was hoping they wouldn't make a second season.

S1 was shite.
>>
>>81437463
>being a breasts man

disgusting. Hips are where its at.
>>
>>81437506
>This asshole just thinks we want a punchfest with no female lead just because we bitch at every instance of a cape show with any female character who isn't fawning over the hero who isn't just punching or shooting shit the entire time

When I hear a single fucking thing to the contrary when people describe what shows 'needed more of' or what 'they didnt need' I'll change my point of view.
>>
>>81437564
Maybe you should look better instead of posting your retarded strawman every fucking time.
>>
>>81437564
Stop strawmanning.

>Main story devolves into "WE CAPTURED KILGRAVE! OH NO, KILGRAVE ESCAPED!" halfway through
>Pointless lesbian love triangle subplot that has little to no connection to the main story, and could be cut out in its entirety with little to no impact.
>Retarded, horribly annoying twins take up far too much screentime.
>Kilgrave's victims meeting up and discussing their experience seemed like a nice idea, to bad it lead nowhere and served no real purpose other than giving another forced reason for Kilgrave to escape
>Nuke subplot lead nowhere. Nuke suddenly goes full retard and gets beaten up by Jessica's friend.
>Cringeworthy sex-scenes for no reason other than """"maturity"""""
>Main character is a useless douchebag
>Kilgrave is introduced too early, leading the entire season to feel stretched out.

When you can cut 80% of the scenes in your show, needing only to make minor adjustments to the main story, something is seriously wrong.
>>
>>81437577
It's only a straw man if the argument presented isn't the one being given. And like i said if im ever presented with a case where another argument is given, i'll gladly abdicate. but no amount of 'looking better' has shown me that.
>>
>>81437679
And the alternative that improves the show is...
>>
>>81436955

>bring back kilgrave
>replace jessica with patsy
>have kilgrave make patsy bang the titty monster secretary
>fire all other supporting cast from season 1
>>
>>81437693
The alternative is heavily implied in the post, but since you're stupid; I'll spell it out for you:
Cut the subplots, focus on JJ's daily life as a private detective until the halfway point, build up to Kilgrave instead of introducing him right away. Place the Hope case around the halfway point and go from there.
>>
>>81437693
Giving it to Bryan Fuller instead of the dumb Twilight bitch because he already made a similar but a much superior show. :^)
>>
>>81437738
Make Kilgrave good, too.
He doesn't feel like a psychological thriller villain but comes off as a joke character.

He's not menacing at all. He could've been psychological strength to Jessica's physical strength, but he's just a little bitch through and through.

His childishness and pettiness could've been horrifying but just feel comedic instead,
>>
>>81436955
>What would you like to see in Season 2 /co/?

Season 2 of Luke Cage with Jessica as his girlfriend/mother of his child.

Honestly, by herself Jessica Jones doesn't have enough to tell lots of good stories.
>>
>>81437113
This. IMO Season 1 was perfect and should be left alone.
>>
>>81437276
>Pulse
But Green Goblin and Urich were the only good parts of that book.
Urich is dead, and I doubt Marvel would waste their new cashcow's archenemy on a shitty show.
>>
>>81437293
Please be Moon Knight. God that would be great.
>>
>>81437936
>Moon Knight
But if they adapt early MK it will be considered a Batman/Daredevil ripoff by the casuals and Ellis' MK is hardly adaptable partly because it's still would feel like a DD rip-off to casuals and partly because MCU sucks at horror and supernatural stuff.
>>
File: jQ8r7EL.gif (4 MB, 452x308) Image search: [Google]
jQ8r7EL.gif
4 MB, 452x308
>mfw the incredibly boring and at times annoying victims club helps killgrave escape

I generally enjoyed the show but god damn that was just retarded.
>>
god i hate niggers in tv shows and films
>>
>>81437976
All fair points. However, I think the MCU could pull off focusing on the psychological aspects, with Marc's shattered identity and crisis of faith.
>>
>>81437679
I'm not saying all your criticisms are wrong, some of them are valid, but man did you miss some of the points of the story.
>>
>>81438119
Alright, please tell me what points I missed.
>>
>>81438127
I think the biggest general ones that you're missing is that

a) most of the season they spend trying to save Hope from being in prison (hence why the plot tends to repeat a bit (which is fair to criticize, but not to pretend it wasn't explained))

b) paranoia makes people act like cunts because it makes them uneasy, especially Jessica, who is unlikable by design.

c) ultimate power made Kilgrave not have to develop since a young age, thus acting childishly. I personally think this made him more unpredictable and scarier, but YMMV.

Your criticism of everyone being assholes is kind of the point of the show, to avoid having Mary Sues. Would you say that about Six Feet Under, for example?
>>
>>81438167
Not them, but
>Kilgrave
>scary
No. Just no.
And you can have a manchild villain who is actually frightening, so that doesn't excuse Kilgrave being shit.
>>
>>81436955

I wanted to see Killgrave so...
>>
>>81438167
>it wasn't explained
I'm not arguing that it doesn't make sense in-universe, I'm arguing that it's bad storytelling.

>who is unlikable by design.
Alright, she is intended to be unlikeable. What then? What is supposed to engage us in her character? If you make your main character unlikeable then you damn well better make sure you got some Dostoyevsky tier character depth at play to engage the viewer.

You're right about c) (partially), but the guy who complained about Kilgrave was someone else. My problem with Kilgrave was that he was introduced to early.
>>
>>81438167
Also, a character having flaws=/=a character being unlikeable.

Jessica wasn't just flawed, she was unlikeable. There's a big difference, the first is good writing. The second can quickly lead to every writers biggest fear: Audience Apathy.

I didn't give a fuck about Jessica, not because she was flawed, but because there wasn't really much in the show that made me care for her.
>>
>>81436955
Luke Cage's dick
>>
>>81438167
>avoid having Mary Sues
WELL FUCKING CONGRATULATIONS BY AN ENDING UP AT THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE EXTREME.

Al Swearengen and Tony Soprano are techincally unlikable, but they're very engaging characters which allows the audience to care about them.

Jessica is just a cliche "I had a traumatic event in the past so I act like a cunt but I'm good at heart" with very little depth beyond that. Her being stupid doesn't help matters.

And by the way, I'm the guy who complained about Kilgrave. I get what he's supposed to be, it's just not executed well. At all.
And you're wrong, there's nothing scary or unpredictable about him. He's just a shit villain.
>>
File: 1396598224912.jpg (104 KB, 515x515) Image search: [Google]
1396598224912.jpg
104 KB, 515x515
>>81437985
>mfw the incredibly boring and at times annoying victims club helps killgrave escape
>I generally enjoyed the show but god damn that was just retarded.
I was watching that scene seeing the way the gears were turning and hoping to God that's not what was going to happen. When you're watching a show, you want the viewer to be invested in the story and feeling it as if it were a sequence of events that are happening in front of them, not going "Please don't try to artificially extend the story by having the villain ridiculously inconveniently get freed by an inept mob of retards."

It was really almost disrespectful to the audience that they used that as a plot device to the point that they had the ONE MEMBER of the group that had never seen Kilgrave's face find him first and free him immediately.
>>
>>81438224
>I'm not arguing that it doesn't make sense in-universe, I'm arguing that it's bad storytelling.
Fair enough, I personally liked it.

>Alright, she is intended to be unlikeable. What then?
The fact that she still tries to rescue people instead of victimizing herself. Seriously, with all the Mary Sues around it's interesting for once to see a character try, fuck up, try harder, fuck up harder until they succeed. Remember that she wasn't unlikable before kilgrave, so the story revolves around discovering what made her like that, and hopefully get back to being likable. It's engaging because it's intriguing.

>Kilgrave was introduced to early
This I agree, but he's kind of the hook of the show, they had to put him on screen. He should've have interacted with Jessica so soon though, I agree. But they had to showcase his powers early on so it wouldn't feel like an asspull.

>>81438250
>>81438282
Her being unlikable (besides being subjective, I kind of liked her) is a direct result of her previous interaction with Kilgrave. That's the point they make in the second (?) episode. The show revolves around her overcoming it.
>>
File: 1455725893693.gif (760 KB, 370x222) Image search: [Google]
1455725893693.gif
760 KB, 370x222
>tfw Lucifer is a better Jessica Jones show than Jessica Jones
>>
>>81438319
I've only seen a piece of an episode of Lucifer, but how so?
>>
>>81438304
We both get what they were going for: Jessica as a character just didn't have enough depth to make that idea work.
>>
>>81438319
I've only watched the first episode and I can't say I believe you. Just the fact that they introduce a character only for her to be killed of to inspire the main characters motivations to do some good was just so cheap I didn't care enough to check out a second episode.
>>
>>81438332
Fair enough, agree to disagree. I like watching trainwrecks unwrecking themselves, I guess.

At the very least it was fun to see such a different story.
>>
>>81436955
Something that ties her into the overarching bad things going on in the TV shows. Maybe an investigation into something that leads to that old Asian lady's organization, or maybe her final boss in this one is a rogue Hand operative that she and Luke can beat up on.
>>
File: 1459360287718.jpg (71 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1459360287718.jpg
71 KB, 720x480
>>81438331
>>81438338

Lucifer is just better at the whole "good-willed protagonist detective pretends to be a distant, uninterested anit-hero because of their past" than Jessica Jones does. Lucifer is literally the devil and his story comes off as less edgy than "RAPE"

Just my opinion, though.
>>
>>81436955
Jessica Jones die from TSS so we could get a series about the Hood
>>
>>81438319
I know I've said it before, but when you think about it Hannibal was a better Jessica Jones show than Jessica Jones
>cold and distant protagonist whose psyche gets fucked up by a main villain
>antagonist is a monstrous sociopath with countless ruined lives behind him, a penchant for mind-rape and hurting people for petty things
Hell, this shit is far more tense and terrifying than anything Kilgrave did on the show.
https://my.mixtape.moe/gftqfu.webm
>>
>>81438397
>le edgy XD
>>
>>81438427
Your memes won't adequately defend your drawn out, mediocre, sjw shitpile.
>>
>>81438397
I think it's mostly because of the main actor.
I hate all those teenage-girl-bait British twinks, but Ellis seems to be genuinely likable so I make an exception for him.
>>
>>81438456
Not the dude, but calling Jessica Jones SJW? What's next, 30 rock?

Not every show with a female protagonist are SJW, anon.
>>
>>81438474

I thought they were referring to how the whole plotline is both literally and metaphorically about rape.
>>
>>81438531
I didn't even like JJ but because it involves rape is not the reason. That's retarded.
>>
>>81438474
No, not every show, but Jessica Jones absolutely is. Kilgrave's power is rape, not mind control. He raped Hope, he raped Jessica, and his motives are to get Jessica to submit to the rape, not anything else. Kilgrave's entire character begins and ends with rape, and Jessica's entire arc is her figuring out how to make sure he doesn't rape anyone else, as she is a strong willed independent woman who can resist his rape by sheer willpower alone.

Jessica Jones is the embodiment of sjw, bro.
>>
>>81438474
Bland female protagonist hypocritical morality police.
>>
File: obama.jpg (23 KB, 599x336) Image search: [Google]
obama.jpg
23 KB, 599x336
>>81436955
I hope they eventually get around to showing us her butthole.
>>
>>81436955
More singular cases. Make MCU New York deeper. Maybe some cameos by some low powered people.
>>
>>81438641
I wouldn't say that. The show appeals to SJW's, but it isn't SJW in itself. It's not nearly condenscending or didactic enough to be that.
>>
>>81438641
>Kilgrave's entire character begins and ends with rape

Kilgrave doesn't even think he rapes people.

>Jessica's entire arc is her figuring out how to make sure he doesn't rape anyone else, as she is a strong willed independent woman who can resist his rape by sheer willpower alone.

Did you watch the show? That's not at all the case. It wasn't willpower that broke Kilgrave's control, it was trauma.
>>
>>81438814
It was overexposure to the virus and a healing factor, you mong.

It was a girl that resisted Kilgrave because he raped girls and was fascinated at the opportunity to meet someone else who had powers like him so they could connect, except he could never know if someone could really like him. Yeah he didn't see it as rape, but that's beside the point. It's still rape.
>>
>>81439088
It's not rape unless both parties think it was.
>>
>>81436955
webms from season 1.
>>
>>81438641
You are aware that feminism isn't the same as SJW, right? Seriously, look up 30 rock and Tina Fey's work. She's basically being targeted by SJW's for being insensitive towards gays in Kimmy Schimdt and 30 rock.

Don't lose sight of what you argue for, anon, and don't get your opinions from /tv/ and /pol/.
>>
>>81439088
Well, it's the tumblr definition of rape, not the real one. What Kilgrave did was basically the superpower version of getting a woman drunk and then having consensual sex with her and afterwards she regrets it.
>>
>>81439843
Not really, he didn't wake up some hidden urge or desire, he put it there. It's pretty rapey, although it won't fit any legal definition since it's impossible, it's pretty definitely rape, ethically and morally.
>>
>>81437985
>>81438301
>when dyke Trinity frees Killgrave

Holy god I haven't seen a more stupid scene in a TV show ina logn time.
>>
>>81438397
>comes off as less edgy than "RAPE"

There's really nothing edgy about the way it's depicted in JJ.

I don't mean to imply the consequences of rape are the same for every victim. But I'd say in JJs case it is a pretty severe case, considering it's direct mind rape for extended periods of time plus the physical rape. Imagine being controlled like that, you'd be traumatized with trust issues and identity issues ("Is this my own thought?").

It's a pretty interesting concept and, if anything, it was downplayed in JJ.
>>
>>81437507
I liked JJ more than DD too. Love DD but JJ is such a unique show. Marvel movies won't let them show broken people like Stark being an alcoholic so this was perfect.

We already know what S2 will be though, they set it all up. Plus, what is the other major plot in the comics? /co/ seems to think the only thing that happened was purpleman, but it wasn't. The other major story was MGH with spider woman. They already gave Jessica the documents on how her DD and purpleman were created. Season 2 will be more PI than last one, just as DD S2 was more ninja and law than last.

It will be cool to see Hellcat come into her own too.
>>
>>81438531
No. The entire show was about addiction. Fuck /co/ doesnt think about the media it consumes at all. Its right in your fucking face too
>>
>>81436955
no L-shaped sheets
>>
>>81436955
An interesting story and likeable characters.
>>
>>81440195
Then go back to the movies cause netflix shows are all about unlikable characters. Even Matt Murdock was a frustrating ass in S2

Come to think about it Netflix does like unlikabke characters. BoJack, bloodline, house of cards, orange is the new black
>>
>>81437113
Dig deeper into Roxxon and IGH which will connect to Nuke and some other characters probably ultimately setting shit up for Defenders

IGH is the shit that blinded Daredevil
The guy who killed Danny's father will be working for them
The guys who gave Jessica and Luke their powers and framed him will be working for IGH

It'll be a "FIGHTING THE MAN" type narrative which is perfect for Marvel's counterculture philiosophy while making it personal and giving them an excuse to team up

The only thing is I wonder what characters they'll use to fight the heroes.
>>
>>81436955
Its easier to list things to get rid off desu.
>Lesbo drama shit
>dragging the story that leads to killing the villain after you could kill the villain 5 eps in and it would work out better for everyone
>Trish
>Jessica doing stupid voices over phone and the show selling it as ultrapro private eye technique
>shit side characters like the overacting psycho neighbour

JJ made me mad
>>
>>81437463
Please shave your legs
>>
>>81440743
I dont know about villaina or mooks but i really think Cloak and Dagger would fit this story perfectly. And unlike the comics they can show the child abuse that makes them who they are
>>
>>81437059
What's the downside?
>>
>tfw all I wanted is a good psychological thriller with a nightmarish villain and a female lead
And I'm still fucking disappointed.
>>
>>81440842
Patsy was the best part
>>
>>81440842
>>Jessica doing stupid voices over phone and the show selling it as ultrapro private eye technique

I thought that was a joke.
>>
>>81436955
Nothing. Season 2 shouldn't exist.

Actually, most of season 1 shouldn't have existed. Should have been a 3 episode mini series, tops.
>>
>>81440257
Excuse me, Madame Gao and Claire have been consistently likeable.
>>
>>81441169
I remember them selling as basic shit that just doesn't occur to most people.
>>
>>81441234
I'd watch a Madame Gao show for sure.
>>
>>81436955
The same thing I want from Daredevil: 2 to 3 less episodes. I love both (prefer JJ slightly), but both of those series need to trim some of the fat that makes up a season.

Daredevil did get slightly better with this in season 2 and I hope JJ does the same. I am pumped for Luke cage and Danny rand shenanigans in the future.
>>
>>81440930
They'd be perfect for a tv series. Hopefully they can get a back door pilot. I don't think they'd show child abuse though. They'd probably use the Ultimate Universe origin with them being highschoolers or early college students. Younger than the other heroes definitely.
>>
>>81441673
They already had child abuse in DD why would they not go there?
>>
>>81436955
Jessica taking a shower revealing hairy as fuck vagina and armpits
>>
>>81440257
Does this mean Danny's gonna be an asshole?
>>
I've posted this a couple of times, so I'll bring it up:

She's now working private investigator full time. A bunch of different, seemingly unrelated clients ask her to retrieve some lost piece of personal heirloom that's been stolen. All contracts have a main suspect, they just can't find them.

She goes around investigating and finds the stolen stuff and retrieves it to her clients. All her clients seem very standoff-ish, like they are feeding her bullshit and sending her on wild goose chases and suspicious runs, but all the targets are crooks, so it doesn't make much sense for regular people to be fucking with her. She starts to get paranoid.

At some point one of the first clients shows up again with a new, completely unrelated case for her to solve, but she doesn't want to because she thinks he's fucking with her. He claims not to know what she's talking about even after she beats the shit out of him, sending him through a window out of frustration. She occasionally starts seeing different clients/robbers/people around her she already knew acting completely different and like they never saw her before. The jobs become weirder and start including stuff that obviously don't belong to the clients, so she stops doing them and clients stop showing up as much.

She gets suspicious and starts chasing the former clients and interrogating them, but none of them knows her or what she's talking about. She begins to break down and get paranoid about Kilgrave having come back. The whole season has that uneasy feeling that someone is fucking with her on purpose, like the first chapters of Alias. Pieces of the puzzle don't match without memory wipe/mind control. She visits the grave of, well, Kilgrave, and it's untouched. The paranoia starts getting to her and she becomes restless and aggressive and begins drinking even more. She eventually doubts it and digs the grave only to find a skeleton wearing a decomposing black suit, with a purple tie. It's neck is broken.
>>
>>81441894
And after whatever climactic revelation to be decided she starts putting clues together about the missing heirloom from the early cases, and somehow tracks it down to the residence of one guy:

Dmitri Smerdyakov, the chameleon. He came across one of those masks from TWS. It is broken/he doesn't know how to fully use it, so he needs to use someone's face from close to Jessica's block because it times out after a while. With some preparation and good acting he can create his characters without being recognized.

Turns out, he never meant to fuck with Jessica in particular. He just wanted a decent PI to find stuff that he knew a bunch of his old crooked friends had, but he couldn't find. After robbing all his former associates and seeing Jessica throw that one repeated dude out the window, he found out she had powers and started asking her for different, riskier stuff. She was basically robbing for him. Turns out, it wasn't about Jessica at all, she was just the first decent PI that Dmitri found and he just took it from there. The fact that she wasn't being targeted serves as an eye-opener and gives her the self-confidence she needs to stop thinking she's the center of the universe always being the victim on purpose.

Mix it up with some Hellcat B-story and there you go.
>>
>>81440930
>Cloak and Dagger
so much this
>>
>>81441673
Already have back door for Punisher. Should get back door for Cloak and Dagger if they know their stuff. Who else and how?

Maybe Moon Knight in Punisher. One of his old war buddies that just didnt call it quits and joins a merc band chasing more war. Or would he work better as a tie into Nuke?
>>
>>81442368
Moon knight ain't happening. Too similar in structure to Arrow/Batman/Iron Fist/Daredevil in different aspects. It'll make more sense for them to diversify. Not that it wouldn't be a great show, mind you, but I don't think it'll happen.

Maybe some magic PI to help expand that part? Who's marvel's Constantine?
>>
>>81442427
Moon Knight is very different especially if they play up the death god and schizophrenia stuff.

Street magic isn't really a thing in marvel
>>
>>81442504
I know it's different, but I think it's not different enough for them to try. I'd still like to watch it, I just wouldn't get my hopes up.

I just hope they don't bring Ghost Rider or Blade. Even Punisher should be written with A LOT of care. I don't want 90's edgelords on mah shows.
>>
>>81436955
More hardcore detective noir shit in superhero wrapping. Want to see her solving cases and beating fuckers up.
>>
>>81442556
I dont think ghost rider or blade would work. BLlade was already done in the movies too recently and i dont know if he could bring anything new to the MCU. GR is just too expensive. I actually dont want a punisher solo series. But Moon Knight is something that would work very well.

Would have worked better before Civil War though
>>
>>81442842
Can't wait for Netflix to turn Bushman into an annoying manchild because apparently that's how they add "depth" to their villains.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.