[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
REAL LIFE CIA AGENT IS WRITING THE NEW BATMAN COMICS. YOU LI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Bill_Wilson-4.jpg (112 KB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-4.jpg
112 KB, 1920x802
REAL LIFE CIA AGENT IS WRITING THE NEW BATMAN COMICS. YOU LITERALLY CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

http://www.fastcocreate.com/3058410/from-the-cia-to-gotham-meet-the-real-life-spy-whos-now-writing-batman/5
>>
File: 3f5.png (147 KB, 249x386) Image search: [Google]
3f5.png
147 KB, 249x386
>>
>>81435026
Thanks /tv/, but we already knew
>>
>>81435026
>/co/
>Not knowing Tom King

You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>81435026
please let this be good.
>>
>>81435026
what a waste.
batman is one of the dumbest characters in cape comics.
>he's a normal human with no powers but he is better than even powered characters and can do all sort of impossible things because he's just SOO COOOL AND BADASS
his entire character is an official bad fanfic.
what a pity. I've liked the few things King has published and hoped to read more. oh well
>>
>>81435684
Very cry
>>
>>81435684
Give it a chance at least. From the previews/hints it's not at all batwank and almost all psychological and moral dilemma. Also some of the best bat-joker interaction ever, go look for the tom king thread in archive if it's still up.
>>
>>81436234
Those sound like some big themes
>>
>>81436267
For you
>>
>>81435684
>I came here to tell how much of a fuck I don't give
lel
>>
>>81436466
>how much of a fuck I don't give
It's the contrary. like Tom King and wanted to read more from him but can't stand batman. So I'm disappointed.
>>81436234
>psychological and moral dilemma
about a guy who dresses in a bat costume and whose biggest enemy is one who has the superpower of being just SOOO crazy
Nah, I'll pass.
>>
>>81435684
I bet you're a characterfag.
>>
>>81435684
>"I only know Batman from team books and haven't read his solo comics ever" the post.
>>
>>81436519
So you complain (rightfully, in my opinion) about dull Batgod interpretations of the character, but you're also dismissive of more grounded approaches? What's your deal? Did you get attacked by a bat as a child? Are you perhaps a superstitious and cowardly feller?

I don't even love Tom King or his mythical tenure in the CIA (Grayson didn't impress me) but your complaints are goofy. Why are you afraid of cape books tackling something nuanced? Are you this much of a bitch about Superman?
>>
>>81435684
Batman is best when he's a detective, but nobody can write a good mystery so he just becomes justlessthanmurderman
>>
I'll rather have him writting green lantern, his Darkseid war Tie-in was amazing.
>>
>>81436687
So that dude's post isn't actually specifically about Batgod, and he's not being dismissive of a more grounded approach. He's saying he doesn't like the character, full stop.

I'm in the same boat - I've never seen an interpretation of Batman I've been into. I would much rather get Tom King on GL or other cosmic DC. You're being super aggro for fuck all reason; you're being a cunt.
>>
>>81438667
Yeah same here, I tried getting into Batman comics so many times and I still don't care about the character or his stories.

I'm still going to check out King's Batman though, maybe he'll be the one to finally make me give a shit about him.
>>
>>81435026
You missed the part where his run will start with a planecrash story.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.