[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could Kilgrave control the Hulk? >Stop! >Dig yourself to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4
File: CU0Z3h-XAAABdOR.jpg (51 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CU0Z3h-XAAABdOR.jpg
51 KB, 600x450
Could Kilgrave control the Hulk?
>Stop!
>Dig yourself to the center of the earth
Seems like he's hella OP as long as he gets a chance to talk to you. (Of course every other Avenger would just snipe him from 100 feet away, and probably not care about some hostages since they have far bigger shit to worry about)
>>
All you really need to stop Kilgrave is hiring a Mexican goon whi doesn't soeak a lick of English.
>"KKill yourself."
>"NNo hablo Englas."
>>
>>81434077
Well kill is a pretty basic word, I think they can understand that.
>>
>>81433925
>Seems like he's hella OP as long as he gets a chance to talk to you.

Because he is. Luckily he's just a sociopathic man-child and not say, Victor von Doom.
>>
File: purple bitch.jpg (423 KB, 1023x1423) Image search: [Google]
purple bitch.jpg
423 KB, 1023x1423
>>81434099
Speaking of Doom
>>
>>81434143
I want to see an actually scary and strong-willed villain to BTFO Netflix Purple Man like that.
Not like he can get any more pathetic anyway.
>>
>>81433925
>OP
Actually anyone who's clever can sidestep his words. For instance
>"Put a bullet in your head"
>Put the bullet in your mouth, don't swallow
>"Kill yourself"
>Do it in a videogame
etc
>>81434143
How is this possible?
>>
>>81434077
In the show at least it was implied that if you can understand him in any way, he can control you. I'd imagine hand gestures would work, stuff like putting your hand out for "stop" would be understood.

The way to stop him is range attacks, like a sniper. Be far enough away that he can't control you or even know to defend himself.
>>
>>81434178
His commands seem to carry intent as well.
>>
>>81434178
Because Purple Man is a bitch and Doom is Doom.
>>
>>81434093
A basic word if you know a little bit of English which anon said he doesn't know.

>>81434077

How bout a deaf person with shitty eyesight so he can't read lips? A ironman suit controlled remotely? A sniper? Hulk with a hazmat helmet?
>>
>>81434190
I think that's why Trish was wearing headphones AND looking down in the final scene, because he could just do a "taking off headphones" motion, and she'd do it.
>>
>>81434178
>kilgrave tells you to kill yourself so you do it in a video game

wouldnt that only work if you were playing a game already or at least in a room with a game on

i mean if he tells you to kill yourself and you try turn on a gameboy you pulled out, he would just tell you to kill yourself again...

your first example is a good one though
>>
>>81433925
Yes, he can.
The reason he doesn't is because he really isn't that type of supervillain. He can have literally anything he wants in life just by asking for it so he's always been hugely lacking in ambition or even personal drive most days.
>>81434178
>How is this possible?
It's Doom. That's how.
>>81434190
That is indeed how it works in the comics.
In many cases it's dangerous to even LOOK at him when you're within his control range.
>>
>>81434190
Anyone sneaky enough and proficient with a knife is enough to stop him.
I bet someone like Dexter could easily kill him.
>>
>>81434178
>How is this possible?
Purple man gave him commands, and his pheromones compel Doom to do it, but Doom simply resists it. His will is just that strong.
>>
>>81434218
Wrong. He even says in the show that he has to carefully choose his words. And this is a plot point later, when he tells Luke Cage to blow himself up.
>>
What if you're completely ignorant of what Kilgrave is trying to tell you to do?

Like, for the sake of argument, let's say that you're some ultra-shelted numbnuts that knows absolutely nothing. Zeb tells you to kill yourself.

You don't even know what killing is, let alone how someone kills themselves. Would you still do it?

Alternatively, let's say that someone had been rused from birth and thought that "killing yourself" meant "masturbating." Would Zeb's would-be victim just start jacking it instead?
>>
>>81434286
Sure, he's not invulnerable. If you could surprise him you can take him, and that almost works several times. He tries to get around this by surrounding himself with security people.

If Jessica didn't care about civilians she could have thrown a car at him from a block away or something.
>>
>>81434233
>How bout a deaf person with shitty eyesight so he can't read lips?
That might work, as long as he didn't get too close.
>A ironman suit controlled remotely?
That would work too.
His power isn't actually psychic in nature, which is actually one of the reasons it's so hard to defend against.
>A sniper?
Would work, but in the show they surprisingly explain the logical limitations of being a sniper with perfect accuracy for once.
>Hulk with a hazmat helmet?
He's here a hazmat suit.
And it still might not work since his pheromones aren't a gaseous substance of any kind, the just travel on the air the way smells do, only in much greater and more potent quantities.
>>
>>81434315
It's a little murky in the show. He said he had to choose his words carefully to avoid making people accidentally do things he didn't intend; the context was telling someone to go fuck themselves.

The people he commands generally seem to try and do what he intends the command to be, though. His power is so overwhelming you don't really have the ability to think of some technical out.

You only develop some sort of resistance after prolonged exposure like with Jessica.
>>
>>81434344
Yes.
While his pheromones are EXTREMELY difficult to resist even compared to psychic attacks thanks to how they work, they DO rely on some form of communication being understood between the two individuals to function so that the connection is made between your brain and the command.
>>
>>81434344
Yea but he can a shooting/stabbing gesture and say "keep doing this"
>>
>>81434344
>Alternatively, let's say that someone had been rused from birth and thought that "killing yourself" meant "masturbating." Would Zeb's would-be victim just start jacking it instead?
That is fucking retarded. You are fucking retarded.
>>
>>81434315
he said (in the garbage show that we shouldnt even be using for the purpose of this discussion) that he has to choose his words carefully because his powers force people to misconstrue passive comments from kilgrave as commands. but that doesnt prove that his powers don't carry intent. it just proves that he doesnt activate his powers with intent.
>>
>>81434344
Quote from the show:
>"Remember, I told you 'Take care of her.' You're the one who decided to kill her."
>>
>>81434452
>(in the garbage show that we shouldnt even be using for the purpose of this discussion)

If you try this hard you're going to hurt yourself, anon. Most people consider it a good show.
>>
>>81433925
I don't think so. I believe the hulk is immune to pretty much any disease, bacteria, or virus in hulk form and as far as i know thats the carrier for kilgraves ability.

I feel like in order for him to control hulk hed need some kinda psychic power that directly controlled hulks mind.
>>
>>81434486
>muh argumentum ad populum
JJfags, everyone.
>>
Helen Keller vs. Purple man

Who wins?
>>
>>81434344

Probably, to both. It's complicated. Intent is part of it, but like >>81434315 mentions, the reality of what's being said is important too. To Luke Cage, the concept of 'blowing himself up' still has some threat, but not a guaranteed death. To be fair, a risk of death (he explicitly says at one point he doesn't know just how tough his skin is, because fuck testing that) is doubly scary for someone who, were they to not risk death, could live through most things a normal life would throw at them.

Basically, intent IS a huge part of it, but mostly because we, as a species, have a pretty significant set of common social understandings that Kilgrave (frequently unconsciously) uses to his advantage. If you had no idea what the expression 'put a bullet in your head' means, or if you were the kind of person who just never really thought about or interfaced with guns (rare, but plausible), you probably WOULD just pick up a bullet and put it in your mouth or ear. However, if you were the kind of person with the common, American context for the expression, you'd shoot yourself in the fucking head.
>>
>>81434503
You can just start yelling about SJWs.

I can tell that this is where you're going, and it's what you want. Go ahead, non, let it out.
>>
File: 1450104277605.png (287 KB, 378x924) Image search: [Google]
1450104277605.png
287 KB, 378x924
>>81434486
>most people consider it a good show
i dont know who youre talking about but i dont value their opinions
>>
>>81434559
>now a shitty strawman
Oh, not this JJ-defending faggot again.
>>
>>81434516
Is Helen trained by Daredevil or Stick though?
>>
>>81434533
His powers DO rely on communication, but communication is more then just liberal verbal instruction, as evidenced by this very board; it's slang, it's intent, it's subtext and underlying meanings as well as just literal words.
That's why Autistic folks (like actual ones, not pretend ones like /co/ talks about) have difficulty; they understand the literal meaning of words but the underlying meanings often escape them.
>>
>>81434516
Hmm. Keller, while deaf and blind, did learn to communicate. If Kilgrave could somehow get his will across to her in a form she could understand, she'd have to obey.
>>
>>81434503
>muh latin

nerds, erryone
>>
>>81434635

...that... yes. That's exactly what I said. I think we're agreeing. Are we agreeing?
>>
>>81434497
Spider-Woman can control him, and she uses pheromones.
>>
>>81434631
I don't think I know how she could be, but yes.
>>
>>81434745
Yup, we are.
>>
>>81434600
If you don't know who I'm talking about, how can you say you don't value their opinions?
>>
>>81434734
>>81434707
>MOM LOOK AT ME I'M TROLLING ON 4CHINS XDDD
I wish mods could permaban your annoying ass that can only spew shitposts.
>>
>>81434767
He has evidence of their opinions in action
>>
>>81433925

Anyone resistant to disease, so half the Avengers would be immune. Iron Man and War Machine wouldn't be affected if he didn't confront them before suiting up either as their suits have filters.

So that basically leaves Hawkeye Falcon and Widow as the only guys he could control.
>>
>>81434750
How does that work? Do they just control each other?

I thought Spider-Woman's pheromones don't control people like Kilgrave's do, they just enhance sexual attraction and other emotions.
>>
>>81434818
But that's not the issue. He said he doesn't value their opinions, not why. How can he know he doesn't value their opinions if he doesn't know who they are? He only knows their opinions on this topic.

Maybe these people are the people he admires the most in the world and values their opinions above all others.
>>
>>81434750
Honestly, Hulk might be mildly more vulnerable to pheromones then psychic mind control due to the differences.
Psychic mind control is basically putting YOUR commands in THEIR heads, manipulating their mind as an external concept (which exists in the Marvel Universe, hence Astral Plane shit).
It's usually also painful, obvious, and invasive the same way someone shoving their arms up your asshole and working your limbs like a puppet would be; you can tell what you are doing is NOT what you want to do but you can't do anything about it even if you wanted.

Purple Man's pheromones work by changing your actual brain chemistry. They get into you and make your brain tell you that you WANT and NEED to do these things he tells you to do, which is why his powers are ultimately so hard to fight; they trick your brain into WANTING to do the things he tells you to do VERY badly, which is extremely hard to resist as you are basically fighting yourself.

With psychic shit Hulk is good at fighting back because his anger often generates a sort of mental "static" that makes him hard to control, while he has no such defenses against pheromones.
>>
>>81433925

I thought the problem with dealing with him is that he has a hostage around that would normally harm themselves if something ever happened to him
>>
>>81434933
Not just around him, he tells Jessica he has random people in her neighborhood on standby to kill themselves if he doesn't stop them as a failsafe in case she gets the drop on him.
>>
>>81434675
I have to wonder how much of a shock sex was to Helen Keller.

How do you explain it?
>>
>>81434830
>Anyone resistant to disease, so half the Avengers would be immune.

Pretty much all wrong, actually.
The part where you're right is anyone wearing an Iron Man suit as long as it's hermetically sealed at the time and drawing on it's own oxygen instead of filtering outside air.
Vision would be immune because his brain literally isn't a brain like ours, and Cap might be able to resist for awhile thanks to his tremendous willpower, but everyone else would be vulnerable.
>>81434832
Hers are way less powerful, yes.
They make you more inclined towards listening to her and taking her suggestions the same way you might be more subconsciously inclined towards listening to and taking the suggestions of a woman you are really, REALLY attracted to, but she can't control minds per say.
Oh, and her powers don't work in women, they get bitchy and hostile. Except her roommate, who was kinda implied to be a lesbian. Chris Claremont and all that.
>>
>>81435033
She wasn't retarded, just unable to see, speak, or hear. She had at least one lover, and was an early advocate for birth control and helping women, especially, prostitutes, with VD, so she clearly could handle the idea of sex as well as anyone does.
>>
>>81434765

Yay!
>>
>>81435205
Fuck you, anon.
>>
>>81434635
Would Kilgrave have an easier or harder time with actual autistic people?
>>
>>81435221

Well, now I'm sad.

This thread has been an emotional rollercoaster for me.
>>
>>81435261
You misunderstood. I was so impressed with your comments I was offering to fuck you.
>>
>>81435312

Oh! Well, now I'm elated!

The rollercoaster remains in effect.
>>
>>81435342
The sex contains potassium benzoate.
>>
>>81434435
yeah but it makes sense
>>
>>81435258
He would just need to phrase his commands more literally then usual, so he could compensate with minimal effort for all but the most crippled guys on the spectrum.
>>81435451
Not him, but the reference makes me laugh.
>>
>>81434892
shut the fuck up you pedantic moron

if you think jj is good, you have dreadful taste in television and i am completely comfortable ignoring your opinions on everything else forever, regardless of who you are
>>
>>81435638
Just don't respond, anon. I'm 100 percent sure that if you keep arguing with that faggot, he will resort to samefagging and "LEL SALTY XDD"
He's not looking for an argument, he's looking to shitpost.
>>
>>81434178
Doom was lying to break his spirit. The stuff that protects him is in his suit.
>>
>>81436144
Not in that scene.
Doom is just being Doom. Nothing special there.
The best way to ensure Doom WILL accomplish something is by telling him he can't do it or that it's impossible for him, at which point he'll go to hell and back just to prove you wrong because he always, always, ALWAYS has to prove he can do anything he wants to.

Doom is one of those few characters with a superiority complex where it's difficult to figure out if it's even a "complex" at all due to his ability to follow through with seemingly every absurd bit of bullshit he claims about himself. Is it actually a complex at that point or is it just someone stating a fact?
>"Say not that Doom is arrogant. Say instead the Doom has a realistic grasp of his own worth and capabilities."
>>
>>81435638

Not him, but why do you think Jessica Jones is awful? I just finished watching it and it's pretty fucking good, it was a great adaptation of Alias.

As far as cape TV shows go, the Netflix series are the only ones I can honestly say are actually good.
>>
>>81436430
Not him but
>extremely boring cast
>absence of any subtlety to the point where Snyder seems like David Lynch
>very shitty villain who's about as threatening as a Seinfeld character
>no good tension or suspense despite the show wanting to be a thriller at times
>no good detective work despite the show trying to be a noir detective
>pacing
>dialogue
>no atmosphere of any kind unlike, say DD, where Hell's Kitchen actually feels like a shithole.

And before you say I went expecting to hate it, I actually had high hopes for it but it only turned out to be a massive failure.
>>
>>81437454
I was really on board with the characters and their weird, confusing situations, so I can only say no, you are an idiot.
Kilgrave is exactly the villain for Jessica and the actor did a great job of portraying this sadistic managing who just wants to be loved but is so weak and terrible a character that he just makes it impossible for himself.
I mean, just imagine he had learned discipline and justice, not mindless hedonism and disregard for people.
He could be the hero any day of the week.
>>
>>81437596
>no, you are an idiot
Quality argument. Definitely doesn't make all those shallow "characters" boring.
You fucking moron.

>all that substanceless pointless bullshit about Kilgrave not being a shit character
You should be a critic. It's "arguments" like that they use to give this shitty show good reviews instead of looking for actual constructive.
>>
>>81437673
I don't recall typing the idiot part.
Is that word filter I don't know about?
>>
File: Secret Wars (2015-) 009-019-020.jpg (378 KB, 597x1834) Image search: [Google]
Secret Wars (2015-) 009-019-020.jpg
378 KB, 597x1834
>>81436144
Reed Richards was here and Doom is a loser. Couldn't even properly recreate one planet much less infinite universes.
>>
>>81434224
>Because Purple Man is a bitch and Doom has earplugs.
>>
>>81433925
MCU killgrave's powers are viral-based; any person with an enhanced immune system (Hulk, Captain America, Thor, etc) should be either immune or not fully susceptible to it.
>>
What if Kilgrave told you to honk rapidly?
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.