[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what is the best joker origin story?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Joker origin.jpg (127 KB, 521x810) Image search: [Google]
Joker origin.jpg
127 KB, 521x810
So what is the best joker origin story?
>>
The one where he gets tattoos so people can understand he's all messed up ya know?
>>
>>81430340

mom's gonna freak
>>
>>81430307
That picture makes me angry.
>>
Serious answer: Killing Joke, even though it then turns around and shoots itself in the foot by making Joker a nonsensically edgy murderrapist instead of someone whose entire raison d'ĂȘtre is to cast doubt on Batman's ethos.

imo the joke Batman tells in TKJ is cynical as shit. "See haha they're laughing the connection's there BB and J are just two sides of the same coin after all right?"
>>
1. Red Hood in Killing Joke
2. The Dark Knight movie
3. New 52 End Game
>>
>>81430307
The one where he falls into a vat of chemicals?
>>
The one Paul Dini wrote for Detective Comics.
>>
>>81430479
>rapist
his definition of creampie is literally throwing a pie in someone's face.
>>
>>81430307
killing joke but joker is better without an origin story
>>
>>81430307
a guy gets bitten by a radioactive playing card
>>
>>81430495

The definitive answer.
>>
>>81430307
I like in DCAU where he was a mob enforcer/falied comedian. I know those stories were amde with no continuity intended, but I really like the idea of someone who wanted to quit crime for a career in comedy, but could never quite manage, ending up as Joker
>>
>>81430728
Why do I find this funny?
>>
>>81430307
>>81430495

No origin story is best. I like the mystery surrounding him.

I like Red Hood being mixed in the best. He was Red Hood, maybe the first real super-villain/super-criminal of Gotham, it lead to an escalation of sorts and Batman came in, being younger and less experienced, didn't get to the Red Hood falling in the acid. He assumed he was gone anyways.

Something about the Red Hood/suit helmet is actually what prevented Joker from being totally killed. He was protected, but the chemicals did seep in and cause the skin/hair discoloration and gave him a seething hatred and wanting of revenge from Batman. But maybe he's also kind of messed up because of the accident, doesn't remember events quite clearly too. So maybe Joker doesn't know who Joker is?

He just sort of became him. The idea of the super-villain was inside his mind as Red Hood. The perfect execution was made when he became the Joker. As RH he learned you can get away with a lot of crime if people have no idea who you are outside the persona. He takes this too a whole new level and lives the persona as Joker.
>>
>>81430728
>>81431203

Kek, that should be Joker's version of his origin story.
>>
>>81431203
Because you just imagined Joker explaining his origin to someone, and ending his monologue with "bitten by a radioactive playing card".
>>
>>81431491
in hamill's voice
>>
>>81430770
i never picked up on the comedian actually being the pre-joker, i thought it was the joker in disguise, even back then. but now that you mention it i'm an idiot, of course that was meant to be him pre-villain career.
>>
>>81430307
a biiig ol' bug that lives in a tree with a bunch of smaller bugs, and is pitifully weak despite being level 90
>>
File: Batman Vol 2 24 041.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Batman Vol 2 24 041.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>
>>81430479
>even though it then turns around and shoots itself in the foot by making Joker a nonsensically edgy murderrapist i

Who did he rape again?
>>
>>81432282
Not him buts it's implied barbara
>>
>>81432339
Where was it ever implied though? She was shot and stripped that's about all. Hell there was more evidence of Gordan being raped by those fucking midgets. ( that's what it looked like to me at the time anyway)
>>
>>81432339
If Moore wanted to write a rape scene, he'd have written a rape scene. Come on, man.
>>
File: 1459587783024.jpg (192 KB, 1071x1447) Image search: [Google]
1459587783024.jpg
192 KB, 1071x1447
>>81430398
DAMAGED
>>
>>81432981
I hate these vinyl figures.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.