[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reportedly the third act of CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR features
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23
File: Winter Soldier.jpg (30 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Winter Soldier.jpg
30 KB, 450x450
Reportedly the third act of CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR features a massive "psychological twist" that'll shake the foundations of the MCU and could be controversial with the audience.

A lot of people are speculating Bucky is triggered during the final battle against Iron Man in the snow-covered fortress and kills Captain America.

How would you feel if that came true, /co/?
>>
It would be very painful.
For me.
>>
Quips will make it okay
>>
>controversial with audiences
>marvel

come on, they just saw what happens when you mess with audience expectations with bvs, i doubt they're going to do it in this way. if anything he'll give his life to protect bucky from tony, and in infinity wars tony use the gauntlet to bring him back so that he can get his
AVENGERS
ASSEMBLE
moment in the final fight against thanos before the contracts expire for the old avengers
>>
>>81427598
Quips are so comfy.
>>
>>81427611
Marvel will never remove kiddy gloves for their movies because parents won't let kids watch them (which they shouldn't anyway)
Never forget
>10 thousand Chitari
>space whales running into buildings
>only 6 people who can really fight them
>74 deaths
>>
>>81427766
i think giving cap a heroes send-off wouldn't be too bad, it's not like kids films don't have death in them.
>>
>>81427611
BvS wasn't lambasted for "messing it audiences' expectations", it was lambasted for being pretty damn weak.
>>
>>81428192
and being a turd.
>>
>>81428192
i mean in terms of
>not muh batman
>not muh luthor
>no "I want you to remember"
>people complaining that superman dies
>people complaining about doomsday's look
>>
File: yx3s4U8[1].gif (2 MB, 500x230) Image search: [Google]
yx3s4U8[1].gif
2 MB, 500x230
Feels bad, man.

Both characters have suffered so much already, and they've been losing and saving each other since before WWII. To end it that way would be a twist, but almost too cruel.

Just let them have each other for a little while, Feige.
>>
>>81427766
>(which they shouldn't anyway)
>Superheroes are for mature adults like myself
>>
>>81428329
Only bad thing was Batman not giving him speech before MARTHA happens.
>>
>>81428403
i expected him to give it to luthor at the end (referring to superman as the one man who beat lex)
>>
>>81428192
>audiences' expectations"

Critics and audiences wanted a lighter movie.

On top of it being dogshit.
>>
Was hoping for Clints family dying but that wont have an impact on the MCU.
>>
>>81428476
Who cares about them lol

Clint won't go apeshit and rip out his own fingernails to throw at people
>>
>>81427598
Yea man fucking Marvel and their quips, why can't they make quality films like Batman v Superman... oh wait
>>
>>81428511
You never now. ;)
>>
File: 1426988552477.gif (262 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1426988552477.gif
262 KB, 500x385
Nah, it's Ant-Man that's going to get killed by Bucky when he loses it. He shoots him through the eye because he's been thinking of switching sides the entire movie, but Tony looked at him as a liability rather than an asset.

Tony starts crying, and it's the trigger for Captain America to temporarily cease-fire.

Movie ends on a somber note. The entire time you were rooting for Captain America, but ultimately no-one wins. They team up and take Bucky down, who dies analogous to John Wilkes Booth. Following that, Tony decides to take Captain in, again, but that's when Spider-man turns the tables and goes to Cap's team.
>>
>>81427428
What if, now follow me here, what if Bucky killed Iron Man
>>
>>81428759
At least pick a guy that doesn't have a sequel confirmed.
>>
>>81427598
Thats what i hated about winter soldier. the end and all the quips.

like when theyre at nick furys headstone and cap is like 'this bucky thing is a GRAVE situation' and winks at black falcon.

Or when bucky drags cap out of the water cap looks at how wet he is and is like 'well bucky, that sure was a....GRAVE situation' and winks at the camera.

Then earlier when colonel robert redford man shoots his mexican slave and captain america says 'well that housekeepr sure was a ...GRAVE situation' and guiños a la cámara
>>
>>81428844
Who's to say that's not a subterfuge?
>>
>>81428939
Yeah they set up a sequel as subterfuge. brilliant
>>
File: 1456454708942.png (134 KB, 211x335) Image search: [Google]
1456454708942.png
134 KB, 211x335
>>81428873
Anon, don't act like TWS was the oddball in MCU films for not cramming in a surfeit of quips and references to future films.
>>
>>81429206
wasn't*
>>
>>81429206
And this one is the direct sequel directed by the same people and written by the same people. But no i'm sure your dumb fuck assumption is the likelier thing to happen. They'll abandon what made the previous film considered on of the best of all the MCU films and got the russo bros the directors seat on infinity war and make it more like whedon shit.

Yeah I don't know why I didn't come to that retard of a conclusion myself.
>>
>>81428814
Hmmm. Less sad than Bucky offing Steve, because -- just like Steve was willing to die by Buck's hand rather than kill his friend in WS -- I think the guilt of his murders under the control of HYDRA, compounded with all the trauma from torture and brainwashing, would be too much if you then added killing his best friend and most important person in the world to him. I can't imagine Bucky recovering from that scenario. It would be too shattering.

I'm also having trouble imagining the aftermath of him killing Tony, though. Bucky barely knows and doesn't really care about Tony, but if he did kill him under a trigger (I don't think he'd do it willfully), it would essentially prove Tony "right," but probably wouldn't dissuade Steve since it was still a murder induced by brainwashing. He'd STILL be fiercely protective of Bucky, but even more isolated from his allies, and I don't know if that's much of an arc from our starting point.

If Tony died instead of Steve, though not directly from Bucky or Steve, that would be interesting. That would hugely shake-up the status-quo, both in the MCU and in our expectations of the Civil War storyline.
>>
Doubt it. Cap is seen fighting Iron Man with Bucky already knocked down and without an arm behind them on the ground.

Not that it can't happen later or by someone else.
>>
>>81427428
Could it be Fury?
>>
>>81428344
I think it'd be a pretty fucked up message to send for both Bucky and Steve and the worst possible ending for Cap's trilogy. After the torture and dehumanization Bucky has gone through, he deserves his chance at redemption, and killing Cap would completely ruin him for the audience. If he killed Steve, he'd never forgive himself. And after everything Steve has sacrificed and lost in the line of duty, getting his friend back is the least he deserves. If he dies, it has to feel like he actually accomplished something from it.

I don't think Markus and Mcfeely and the Russos would go this route, though. All of them have stated that Steve and Bucky are a love story and emphasized how much they love the relationship.
>>
>>81428759
Nice fanfic there, Tony.
>>
File: Bucky Clone or LMD.jpg (183 KB, 1356x1130) Image search: [Google]
Bucky Clone or LMD.jpg
183 KB, 1356x1130
>>81427428
>psychological twist
Could it maybe have something to do with this?
>>
>>81427428
Watch as Tony says/does something that triggers Bucky to kill Cap.
>>
>>81429542
I'm pretty sure thats a cryogenic chamber. so its likely bucky wasn't the only person frozen.

maybe baron zemo is frozen....or another assassin....or someone we all thought was dead. someone we...............................wouldn't see comink?
>>
>>81427611
>they just saw what happens when you mess with audience expectations with bvs

I expected a movie with decent pacing and characters with clearly defined, developed motivation for their actions. So I guess the movie did mess with my expectations
>>
>>81427766
TWS was pretty dark man, remember when Robert Redford murdered his maid?
>>
>>81427428
They'll find a way to bring him back, don't you worry.
>>
>>81428604
MCU Clint doesn't have Bullseye powers.
>>
>>81428873
I wouldn't even be mad if this happened.
>>
File: gold.png (345 KB, 462x463) Image search: [Google]
gold.png
345 KB, 462x463
>>81427766
>people ought to be watching sophisticated adult capekino for adults
>>
>>81429578
>Zemo makes a snide comment to Tony about Bucky
>Tony repeats it to Bucky in a quip
>that was actually the killphrase, Bucky thrusts his metal hand right through Steve's chest and flies away on his jetpack
>that was Zemo's plan all along
>QUIPS KILLED CAPTAIN AMERICA for days
>>
>>81429334
>Bucky assumes the mantle of Iron Man for Iron Man 4
>>
>>81427611
>>81427766
You guys seem to forget that they did this in How to Train Your Dragon 2, a popular children's movie The titular dragon snapped and killed the protagonist's father due to brainwashing.
>>
Who cares? He'll be brought back in IF.
>>
>>81428873
Cap 2 had the least quips of all Marvel movies. What you smoking.
>>
"So that, yeah, Civil War is where we pick up the Bucky story, him trying to—I can’t get into much detail about it, talk about where it goes—but the movie is very sensitive to Bucky and to what he’s going through as a result of that whole experience. And how does he pick up the pieces and move forward? And it’s very difficult for him to do. But that’s really very much at the heart of Civil War." -Anthony Russo

“What’s fascinating about the Cap-Bucky story is it’s a love story. These are two guys who grew up together, and so they have that same emotional connection to each other as brothers would, and even more so because Bucky was all Steve had growing up.” -Joe Russo

"Steve and Bucky are each other’s soulmate, if you will, because no one on Earth understands what either of them has been through as well as the other does." -Markus & Mcfeely

Writers and directors all love Steve and Bucky, they wouldn't trash both their characters by having Steve be wrong with Bucky killing him just to make Tony look "right" and "win."
>>
>>81429729
quip of murder
>>
>>81429779
yeah man...that was the point. i like...i was joking. thats why i made up all those things that didnt happen.
>>
>>81429477
Agreed on all points. The shock wouldn't be worth writing the characters into such a horrible corner. It slams the brakes on too many story lines, and the writers already know Bucky's got a very steep uphill battle after escaping Hydra. A plausible question they posed is, after all that, "Do you want to put a bullet in your head?" If Bucky kills Steve, the answer is definitely yes, and you're going to break the character and the audience's suspension of belief trying to drag him out of that hole.
>>
>>81427428
I would like for that to happen, but instead of Cap dying, Iron Man gets in the way of the assassination attempt. This saves Steve, but puts Tony in critical condition. The emotional fallout from this event makes Steve give himself up to the authorities.
>>
>>81429639
Doesnt matter
>>
>>81427428
Oh shush, we all know Iron man is going to end up accidentally killing cap.
>>
>>81429883
They're clearly setting him up to be transferred into the Avengers universe, and this movie is the way he has to win over the audience and the other Avengers. They wouldn't bother making him the focal point of this movie if they weren't carrying him forward.

Him killing Steve is just a fantasy of Stark supporters who desperately want to prove Steve wrong in the worst way.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 640x640
>>81427428
Thatd be cool
>>
>>81429477
>The worst possible ending for Cap's trilogy
I just realized but Steve has the shittiest endings to his movies, not that they are bad in quality but he doesn’t get the girl or end uo savoring his victory.

Thor and Tony get to be with their women and have their friends give them thumbs up.

Steve loses his entire life in TFA and future with Peggy when he wakes up in the present, in TWS he gets a bittersweet ending with Steve once again losing his purpose but there being hope for Bucky being his old self again.

If the rumors for Civil War are true then the movie will fucking destroy what little hope TWS gave us and utterly end the Cap trilogy with one message:

Being Steve Rogers is suffering.
>>
>>81430336
>not that they are bad in quality but he doesn’t get the girl or end uo savoring his victory.
Nah...i imagine he got the 'girl' and SAVORED his victory at the end of winter soldier.
>>
>>81427428
I hope not because it will immediately fuck up Bucky even more and even put Cap's team against him, plus it would make Tony right.

If Steve dies it should be because of Zemo or him sacrificing himself, Bucky needs to be redeemable and prove that he can get better because once Steve is gone he is going to need all the help he can get from team Cap.

Plus he needs to pick up the shield after Steve.

>>81430110
Sputnik was the codename for Cap 3, right? If so yeah I guess the trigger command will play a role in the movie.
>>
>>81427428
Cap dies isn't really in question.
I think Rodey becomes a cyborg like he did in the comics for awhile.
>>
>>81430455
Yeah I guess he got Sam, lol, too bad it won't last.
>>
>>81430336
Steve is a soldier and soldiers sacrifice their lives for their country and their friends if necessary. Being a soldier isn't about glory or fun and I think Cap is the only character that brings a sense of responsibility and duty. I think dying for his friend would be in character, a good ending to his story, and show that even as a superhero he is not above paying the same price as his brothers in arms if it comes down to it.
>>
>>81428873

It was a clever post anon, even if nobody was, apparently, capable of understanding it.
>>
>>81429734
>Iron Arm
>>
>>81429477
>After the torture and dehumanization Bucky has gone through, he deserves his chance at redemption
Well he could just turn himself in instead of running away.
>>
>>81429585
The pod that you see opening is the same as the one we see in that other shot, so yes.
>>
>>81430512
I think that'd be a great way to have consequences to these films that are more than just death. Clint losing his hearing, Rhodey becoming a cyborg, somebody ending up in a coma for awhile. Death is a lazy way out of dealing with tragic consequences because after the character is dead, you don't have to see them continuing to deal with what happened. Maybe a bit of angst and guilt from their friends, but it's not as interesting as a narrative to me. Especially since we know deaths are almost always reversed in comics.
>>
>>81430090
>Him killing Steve is just a fantasy of Stark supporters who desperately want to prove Steve wrong in the worst way.
As someone who is completely lukewarm to the MCU now, I honestly believe that fans who support Stark the most on this have no idea what it means to have an actual bro. Not a "brother", but a fucking bro.
>>
>>81430957
GTFO Ross
>>
>>81427428
Everything will be Scarlet Witch's fault.
>>
>>81430512
> Rhodey becomes Cyborg
> DC BTFO
>>
>>81430957
We've see him get arrested and thrown on the ground. We've seen him in the jail cell in restraints. I doubt it's going to be that simple of an issue, that's not the solution because that's not where the movie ends. Especially when the people he's turning himself over to are probably just like the people that used to control him with a new face and different name.
>>
I can't wait to see the fangirls flip out.
>>
>>81431214
It's pottery because the Tony supporters are just as blind to what real friendship is as Tony himself.
>>
Are the mutants out of MCU, right? They dont make sense together even in the comics.
>>
>>81431464
We got Wanda on no more muties patrol.
>>
>>81427428
>could be controversial with the audience.
A black man will die! By the hands of a white man! It's like slavery! It's pure racism!
>>
Who does the Buck stop with?
>>
File: 0a5.gif (2 MB, 200x178) Image search: [Google]
0a5.gif
2 MB, 200x178
>>81428873
>and guiños a la cámara
I like you
>>
Critics are going to get a chance to see it this Friday; I wonder how much they're allowed to say?

All the 'EMOTIONALLY BRUTAL' comments from the crew have me worried, /co/.
>>
>>81431883
Is this even the right move? Nobody is is going to repeatedly watch a movie that fucks with feelings right?

>Twilight
>>
File: NELkSaZ73w2LOS_2_b.jpg (47 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
NELkSaZ73w2LOS_2_b.jpg
47 KB, 600x316
No more quips.
>>
>>81428473
>Critics and audiences wanted a lighter movie.
Critics and audiences wanted a good movie.
>>
>>81431883
So who ends up taking Bucky's sad backpack of memories? Who is going to read one of his notebooks? Will his memories be used as a confession of murder?
>>
>>81431883
Steve's a goner. Evans only has one more movie in his contract and there's been no news of renewal. He's either coming back in a flashback or briefly in infinity war due to gauntlet shenanigans.

The guy who plays Bucky also said his roles in the MCU is expanding, so it's likely that he'll be the new cap.
>>
>>81431928
Well, people went to see Titanic like 12 times or something.

If it's a really satisfying, earned emotionally brutal story, you can give the audience a tragedy boner. (especially grils) I hope that's what they mean. Marvel obviously has a lot of confidence in it to be open to external screenings a month in advance.
>>
>>81432066
No news of renewal. No shit. Because if they reveal that it has been, it takes all the mystery out of whether he'll die or not. The fact that we have no idea how this will end is what has me hyped about the movie the most.
>>
I bet they kill Spider-Man and then reveal Sony's new trilogy is actually about Spider-Gwen
>>
>>81432065
He gets taken in with it, at least. How fucked would it be if Ross was like, "THIS SHIT IS CLASSIFIED," and incinerates his precious memory journals right in front of him?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOVkYAxHvkk

Are you ready for more Metal Gear Solid: Captain America edition?
>>
>>81432163
It could be how it turns from simply taking Bucky in to them discovering some high profile and controversial (and personal like the Starks) assassinations that makes them to take harsher methods than what they promised Steve, leading him having to bust out again.
>>
Starts with Peggy's funeral, ends with Captain America's. Final shot is Steve and Peggy having their dance.
>>
>>81432237
Now I'm going to be disappointed if the stupid sadness-pack doesn't play a role somehow.
>>
I hate the actor they cast as Bucky. He looks like such a douche. Plus, he's a shitty actor.
>>
>>81432363
yeah both of these things are decidedly wrong.
>>
>>81427428
Somebody turns out to be a homo
>>
>>81431236
And there will be no more Mutants!
>>
>>81432363
>Sebastian Stan
>a douche, much less a shitty actor
You take your opinions right out the door with you, and don't come back until you think about what you've said.
>>
>>81432363
I was wondering when you'd show up. Simmer down, Salty. Maybe go print some flyers for your campaign.
>>
File: augustman.png (409 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
augustman.png
409 KB, 500x600
>>81432363
For having maybe three speaking lines and his face covered for most of the movie, I think he did a great job with the role.
>>
>>81432412
>>81432439
>people actually think Sebastian Stan is a good actor

You fags are letting your homolust for these actors cloud your judgement.
>>
It'd be neat if we got Fury basically escaping with Bucky cause he finally found someone to take over for him.
>>
File: 1458525903713.jpg (20 KB, 375x327) Image search: [Google]
1458525903713.jpg
20 KB, 375x327
>>81432303
I started crying just reading that. If they go with something similar, I don't know how I'd react.
>>
>>81431973
> Civil War starts with Cap mentoring Wanda.
> Infinity War starts with Strange mentoring Wanda.

Pottery.
>>
>>81431883
>sad crippled homeless POW weeping into his memory journals
I'm already emotionally compromised by your picture, how the hell am I going to steel myself through Civil War?
>>
>>81432518
He's pretty much the only good part in most of the shit movies/shows he's in. He just has horrible taste in roles he takes, but he has a lot of passion for even the worst projects instead of phoning it in like most actors would do.

I find it admirable how much research and care he's put into this role.
>>
>>81432303

that would be amazing tbqh
>>
>>81432303
I would openly weep.
>>
>>81432568
I wish Fury was in this movie, I loved that he was one of the few people that really trusted Bucky and had him do his dirty work.
>>
>>81432118
He has said in interviews that he REALLY wants to start directing. I think most of the Marvel folk have good experiences with the brand so I imagine he'd be up for coming back in like Avengers 5 or 6 or flashbacks for Bucky BUT if he really wants to cut his teeth with Directing I imagine he'll be gone for a good bit.
>>
Black Panther cucks every white male in the movie with louis ck yelling BBC over the soundtrack
>>
>>81432518
He was in "Kings" with Ian McShane in a batshit modern retelling of the King of David. It only lasted 13 eps, but I liked him a lot in that. It was before any Cap films, so I was surprised to learn he was the same actor. Like any actor, their performance depends on the material and direction. Stan's about to get the most material he's had in the trilogy, and he and Boseman's Black Panther are the characters I'm most excited to see be fleshed out.

Take poor Henry Cavill, if you think he's the wrong actor for Superman based on the Snyder films, watch him in Man from U.N.C.L.E. He's so charming and charismatic I almost didn't recognize the dude.
>>
>>81432118
Don't worry it'll be spoiled at least a week in advance just like every other superhero movie
>>
>>81432782
Or how most people hate Jai Courtney for being a bland actor, but all of a sudden there's love and hype because he gets to play Captain Boomerang.
>>
>>81432743
He said that. He tried directing a movie. It didn't work so well. He hated Whedon for making Steve look like a damn joke.

Russos took over, Steve got better combat choreography at Evan's request, Cap2 became one of the most praised MCU movies, and Evans has since said he loves playing Steve and will continue as long as Disney will have him.
>>
>>81432817
Man I hope that Snyder is just the Whedon of DC and it ends up like this.
>>
>>81427428
>and could be controversial with the audience
Oh boy, as if we hadn't got enough of this shit with BvS
>>
>>81432817
This. His MCU roles became much more rewarding, so of course he's happier to be there.

>>81432811
Jai Courtney's best parts are when he gets to be weirdo side characters instead of blank-slate leading men. I say this as someone who hates his whitebread main roles but thinks he'll do well as Boomer. An amazing, exceptional actor would be able to make the most of anything, but a smart actor knows to play to his or her strengths -- not everyone can hit every pitch.
>>
>>81428814
If only the universe would be so kind. Stark needs to fucking go already.
>>
>>81432881
It's not just Evans. You can see a huge difference in the way the actors are responding and talking about the Russos and the way they're taking a lot of pride in this movie compared to Ultron.
>>
>>81432817
He directed the kind of movie that's not good for first time directing, and first time directing can be very hit and miss.

Worth noting that alot of actors who direct often end up only doing one or a couple of movies (Leslie Howard, Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Tim Rot, Gary Oldman, Johnny Depp), while Eastwood and Branagh are the exceptions.
>>
>>81433078
Controversial probably means not the same as the comics and not what everybody expects.
>>
>>81432187

>Steve dies.
>It's all Tony's fault.
>Zemo is laughing somewhere.
>>
>>81432692
Fury trusted Bucky?
>>
>>81427428
I wish they stopped pretending their movies are particularly emotionally impactful beyond "wow did you see that punch?"
It feels like MUH STAKES again.
>>
>>81429779
Dude, could you not tell it was sarcasm?
>>
>>81432598
Maybe Steve will hug him?
>>
>>81432811
Courtney is only good when he gets to be balls out crazy or a complete asshole. Terminator and shit keep pushing him for "leading action hero" nonsense and it doesn't work.
>>
>>81429735
And it was shit.
>>
>>81433109
All the talk about Whedon on set is that, with so many ideas, he'll have them stand around while he fixes this or that line of dialogue. But with the Russos, they don't waste anybody's time. They hash out the script, come in, shoot, and everybody goes home happy. Like, Whedon and Snyder had like half an hour cut out, but the Russos only had like 7 or 8 minutes.
>>
File: 1336340685005.jpg (26 KB, 362x414) Image search: [Google]
1336340685005.jpg
26 KB, 362x414
I want him to kill Steve and then cry over his body and fuck his corpse with tears streaming down his face.
>>
*camera pans to Winter Soldier after he does in Cap*

I guess he did naht see that coming. *laugh track.*
>>
>>81427428
My theory:

Newly one armed Bucky is triggered to kill Tony and in trying to stop him Cap accidentally kills Bucky. He is so devastated he surrenders to Stark and remains in jail until they bring him out for IW. I hope I'm wrong.
>>
>>81427428

That'd be fucking awesome.

Either way, Steve is dying
>>
>>81429585
They mentioned Abomination being frozen and help captive by General Ross in a Marvel one shot and since Ross is back maybe he will make an appearance somehow.
>>
>>81433190
Fury was one of the few people that knows Bucky's whereabouts post-WS, even when Steve didn't. Bucky ran undercover ops for him. When Bucky got sent to the Russian gulag after going on trial, Fury and Natasha rescue him and have a fake funeral for him, and he goes back to working underground. During Original Sin, Fury gives his job as Man on the Wall over to Bucky. They worked together back during WWII so there's more history between them in comics than in the movies.
>>
>>81433322
lets hope he doesnt unleash abomination causing cap and tony and black panther to have to team up to fight abomination with cap sacrificing his life to stop it.
>>
>>81433278
I'm sure you can find fanfic for that.
>>
>>81431309
>Fuck you Marvel! You queer baiters! This is so offensive and homophobic, stop killing queer people!!! I had a panic attack!!! They had to take me out of the theatre and I missed the rest of the movie!! Now my mom won't let me watch more Marvel movies thanks to you. Fuck you!!
>>
>>81432303
I would shed bitch-tears right there in public, and give no fucks.
>>
>>81433225
for Whedon, at least, his version of AoU was three hours long
>>
>>81433225
Whedon having ideas is a good thing, what he needs is a co-director and writer to keep him focused.

Bare in mind he was doing the work which in Russo's case was shared by 4 people.

Also, he gave us Vision and Wanda, whom I doubt the Russo's would have even considered.
>>
>>81433405
I want to see the 3 hour version. It sounds like all the interesting stuff was cut out, while Banner/Widow was shoved down our throats.
>>
>>81433301
Bucky won't die. He has more movies under his contract and he said in an interview that his role in the MCU is going to expand after the events of this movie.
>>
>>81433410
You're right about Whedon. He needed somebody to help take the pressure off making a big blockbuster sequel.
>>
>>81433410
I agree, Whedon really needs somebody to edit his work. Especially his writing. They shouldn't have let him do both alone. I like that the Russos work as a close team with the writers, the collaborative effort really shows that very little goes unconsidered in the planning of the plot and the characters.
>>
>>81433497
That honestly kind of kills me because I love Evans as Cap.
>>
>>81433225
In interviews they talked about locking themselves in with the writers and the script, interrogating every line and motivation and character action for like a month to make the tightest script possible. It's so fucking common-sense smart. You can carve a movie out of three hours, leaving millions of dollars on the floor and scattered themes and lack of clarity on the screen. Or you can just spend time and effort beforehand, clarify and streamline BEFOREHAND on cheap paper, then: faster shoots, millions saved, more relaxed sets, happy crews.

This is how you get a second film in a franchise guaranteed the instant your first film comes out. This is how you lock in a major two-part climax to Marvels phase three before your second film in the franchise is even released.
>>
>>81433353
I really hope that Abomination is a Bucky enemy if we get a tril of Bucky.
>>
>>81432065
I am guessing Sam and Natasha will end up taking care of Bucky.

Sam because he is Steve's friend and his job is rehabilitating soldiers who came from war with PTSD and all that bagagge.

Natasha because she cared about Steve, she was forged by the people who made Bucky so there is a parallel to Widow and the Winter Soldier and she might end up feeling empathy for him, also Sebastian Stan is pushing for Buckynat.

Not to mention when Steve died in the comics, Natasha and Sam were the ones who looked out for him.
>>
>>81433405
Has that version ever been released? I bought the blu-ray a week ago and didn't see a special version.
>>
>>81433501
I think the best of Whedon is when he has a team and he's let loose. Like as long as he doesn't get bored and walks away like with Buffy he seems to have a really good grasp of characterization and drama that leads to good things. Maybe he's just better with TV writing wise?
>>
>>81433541
I actually hope it's Clint and Sam and Natasha is an antagonist. I think it'd be cooler and dramatic if Natasha fights Bucky throughout his series and Natasha just see's the ghost of Steve through her fights with Bucky and it fucks her up
>>
>>81433535
And this is why the Russos don't have to blame executive meddling like Whedon. Because it's clear they know what they're doing, respect the source materials and the fans, and are considering the larger MCU as a whole without having to be told to do so.
>>
>>81429779
I think it actually has more than The Incredible Hulk.
>>
>>81432817
He still wants to direct though, but honestly who knows what Evans wants to really do since he tends to change his mind a lot.

I am guessing he is up for anything with the Russos, also might do more cameos or other things for Marvel provided they don't overwork him or do anything that triggers his anxiety (which is also part of why he quit acting).
>>
>>81433648
All the quips are taken up by a soldier trying to fist fight the hulk. Not sure if the movie had a close up on a dick during that scene or my boner just became so big it blocked off the screen cause everytime I watch it I get hard.
>>
>>81433541
I definitely think that's where it'll go. Natasha switching over to help Bucky and Sam go underground after she sees what happens to Steve- whether he's killed or arrested as a result of this.

Sharon can come too, as long as they leave out the pregnancy plotline.
>>
>>81433656
I hope the Russos end up being the runners of post-Infinity War. I've talked about how I think the Cape Movie era is gonna mimic the Golden Age of Disney Animation but it's really Really REALLY gonna depend on if post-Infinity is as well structured as Pre.
>>
>>81433656
It probably takes a lot of pressure off him to have the Cap trilogy over and his final movie having a lot of supporting actors. Less spotlight on him alone and expectation to carry it. I could see him taking on a more Captain Rogers role in the future MCU films, a Nick Fury for the new wave.
>>
>>81433637
I kinda do feel bad for Whedon, because as others have pointed out, he didn't have a team. It's not his fault that the Russos and screen writers are less stressed because they can spread out responsibility.

That being said, they're still maximizing their workflow by being really fucking smart about it and working well with literally everyone. In a huge franchise like this, temperament is as important as talent. It doesn't hurt that every time the collective creative team opens their mouths on DVD commentaries or interviews or at panels, I'm nodding along because they're so committed to everything, and it carries onto the screen and the actors. It's all so very competent.
>>
>>81433630
Nah, I rather her having compassion for Bucky, she saw him as a merciless weapon and a boogeyman but seeing him broken and in need of help mighy change her perception of him.

It would also go well with the fact that she began her heel turn when Clint spared her when he was suppose to kill her and she became indebted to him, what better way to pay it forward than doing the same for Bucky.

Plus it's obvious Nat is hoing to defect to Steve's side or that she's having second thoughts about what Tony is doing so by the end she'll be running with team cap.
>>
>>81433810
It's what happens when you just from TV to director in such a short time and for such a big movie. If I ever end up being a big director rather than just a scriptwriter I have twelve guys on quickdial I'd pay for my fucking self.
>>
>>81433823
I think that'd be great for the second of Buckys outtings but personally? I want to see some Catwoman/Batman action between the two, obviously attracted to each other and slightly compassionate but both know the deal and both are ready to fight.
>>
>>81433703
Pretty sure they won't do the pregnancy plotline especially in an all ages movie.

Maybe if this was Marvel Netflix, but not in the movies.
>>
>>81433870
I think we'll get that in this movie. Them testing each other out, probably an interrogation scene when he's captured. Natasha doesn't trust Bucky because of her own past. She knows what she was made to do, what she's capable of, and she's going to see Bucky just as dangerous but unstable. It makes sense that she'd deal with her own guilt this way. The same way that Tony is dealing with HIS guilt by holding Steve accountable.

But Natasha has a lot of trust and affection for Steve, that if anything happens to Steve as a result of Civil War, I can see her taking on the responsibility of protecting what Cap died for. I can see her slowly having to forgive Bucky by forgiving herself.

The Russos have said that Natasha and Steve's relationship is very close and important and will continue to be so going forward past this film. I could see it manifesting that way.
>>
>>81433893
Whedon probably would have tried it.

It was a dumb plotline and should be avoided anyway.
>>
>>81427428
>Bucky is triggered during the final battle against Iron Man in the snow-covered fortress and kills Captain America.

I would send threatening letters to Disney if they pulled that shit.

This is just too cruel.
>>
>>81433214
But Steve needs just as much hugging.

Both of their lives are shit.
>>
>>81434237
They really have the worst lives of the MCU. I hope they get at least one comfy moment out of this.

"On the loyalty that binds Steve to the Winter Soldier, a key theme throughout the Captain America trilogy, Evans says, “Bucky is Steve’s best friend. He’s been his best friend since the beginning. I don’t think Steve was popular in school and in his group of friends, so Bucky was the only one who was always on his side, [who was] supporting him. And even now Steve considers him a loyal friend. I’m sure that Steve feels guilty for what happened to Bucky, but their tragedies in the end have done nothing but bringing them closer."

If this movie ends with Bucky killing Steve, it'd be a huge disservice to both characters.
>>
>>81434237
Two hours of hugging.
>take all my money
>>
>>81433353

I hope it happens
>>
File: buckynap.png (581 KB, 1280x792) Image search: [Google]
buckynap.png
581 KB, 1280x792
>>81434436
I just want them to be happy.
>>
>>81427428

Bucky snaps Cap's neck

Director says "How does Bucky learn killing is wrong unless he kills people."
>>
File: MH.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
MH.webm
1 MB, 640x480
>>81432363
I can only ever see Stan as a less cute or wholesome Mark Hamill, but he's by no means a shitty actor. He's perfect at the whole "tortured woobie" shtick.
>>
>>81427428
First, we have a pissed poor Fatman v Superbaldman and now this? God, it seems Deadpool is the only good superheroes movie this year. X-men, looks like shit and SS will be fucked up by WB insecure bitch.
>>
>>81434768
Best of luck...
:(

>>81434836
It'll be a waste of his natural crying talent if he doesn't at least get misty during CW.
>>
I've never seen a community that falls for as many cheap marketing ploys and religiously worships advertisements as much as /co/ does. How the hell are you people on 4chan?
>>
>>81434836
>mfw I actually thought that was a webm of Seb

Holy shit, they really do look alike.
>>
>>81435255
Go back to masturbating to underage feet /tv/.
>>
>>81428759
How do Ant-Man shrinking powers work
like if someone shot a laser or a bomb or something at him could he shrink so small he escapes damage?
>>
Tony kills Cap and Bucky.
>>
>>81431212
And thats a perfect reasob to have the New Avengers with Spidey and Strange in IW1
>>
>>81435945
I agree. Leaving the Avengers Disassembled at the end of CW with some of them critically injured, behind bars, gone rogue, and possibly dead is a good opening to introduce the new wave of characters.
>>
>>81435450
Theoretically, yes. He can shrink to subatomic size. The problem there is, he might not be able to grow back to normal size.
>>
>>81434008
It was a lets torture Sharon plotline and no I don't think Whedon would even be allowed to do it because it is implied that Sharon ends up stabbing herself to kill herself and the baby so the baby doesn’t fall in the hands of the Red skull.
>>
>>81436681
man Brubaker is grim as fuck sometimes
>>
>>81436681
That's why I said would have tried. Seems like the sort of thing he's into. Would have called it totally feminist and pro-choice.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 236x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 236x308
>>81429720
I agree with you, but the cancerous christcuck propaganda fedora memes make your point moot.
>>
>>81436157
Well, let's speculate...

The normies will mostly still be semi-active...

> Stark is a broken man, and may even turn to the demon in the bottle.

> Widow, Falcon, and Bucky go on the run. Hawkeye returns to his family.

> Panther returns to Wakanda, sad but wiser. He realizes the folly of revenge, perhaps, and also that his nation cannot remain isolated (or maybe he goes more isolationist).

> Spidey goes back to street level heroing.

> Antman goes back to Pym.

The political climate and fear that results from Civil War means Vision and Wanda can't really do much of anything anymore, so both pursue personal journeys.

> Vision is disillusioned and leaves Earth to try to understand the infinity stones and perhaps to search for Thor.

> Wanda is inspired by Cap to not give up. Although she finds the feeling of family the Avengers give her comforting, she knows she must leave. She maybe goes into hiding, and with science having failed to explain her powers, she heads to Nepal, following in Strange's footsteps...or maybe even leaves Earth entirely.
>>
>>81436859
>Stark is a broken man, and may even turn to the demon in the bottle.
Was thinking about this, if RDJ stops being a bitch this is finslly another vhance for it unless he becomes the director of SHIELD
>>
>>81436888
I love the idea of Stark shutting himself inside his tower only communicating to the outside world through remote controlled Iron Man suits.
>>
>>81436924
Working day and night trying to rebuild a crippled Rhodey.

Pepper leaves him for Happy.
>>
File: FIGURE-018185.jpg (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-018185.jpg
48 KB, 400x400
So this figure is in the Civil War series of funko pop figures, is this the first official confirmation?
>>
>>81436997
And the Lego set
>>
>tfw I just realised the fight takes place in an airport because when Ant-Man grows they dont wanna have him destroy shit for budget and casualty reasons
Alright youre excused Russos
>>
>>81437063
Who the fuck cares if it's at an airport or not? Winter Soldier's most iconic fight was on some highway
>>
>>81437158
Because it looks fucking barren and flat. The highway had plenty of verticallity with cars and other vehicles everywhere to make things interesting.
>>
>>81436936
Nah Rhodey and Happy and Pepper just leave him. He said he'd fix Rhodey but eventually all Rhodey wanted was Tony to live. Then he left him, all alone with his armors.
>>
>>81427428
I'd end up crying like a little bitch in the middle of the theatre.
>>
>>81437158
>Winter Soldier's most iconic fight was on some highway
Thats not the Tanker mission
>>
>>81430336
This is what makes Cap the hero among heroes. He doesn't do what he does for a happy ending for himself.
>>
>>81430957
Shut up, Stark.
>>
>>81427428
Question, since Vision has the mind gem, could he undo Bucky's brain washing, or at least tell whether or not he's free of it?
>>
>>81432065
Panther maybe?
>>
>>81432782
All of this.
I also liked Stan in Political Animals and Cavill in Tudors.
>>
>>81433190
In the comics, yeah
>>
>>81433703
Nah, they wouldn't use that, remember how batshit people went because of Natasha's "I can't have babies" thing in AoU. They won't center another female character's story around pregnancy after that.
>>
>>81436997
The actors mentioned Giant-Man themselves once ot twice I think. In the context of a joke, but the fact that they mention him at all is confirmation enough.
>>
>>81437449
There's a Funko Pop Giant-Man for this movie, I think it's in there somewhere.
>>
>>81430954
OTG
BIONIC AARRM
>>
>>81428473
My sister is the kind of person who likes Ironman and laughs at his quips. She saw BvS and she didn't really comment on the lack of quips, just that some parts dragged on and the movie wasn't edited/arranged well.
>>
>>81437568
Disney/Marvel better have a fighting game in the vidya projects they said they gonna announce this year
>>
>>81432817
>that one interview where he showed he didn't like the "language" joke
>>
Anyone here watched Russo's work on Community and Arrested Development?

After watching the episodes directed by them, I can say they can work great with a big cast.
>>
>>81437787
what community episodes did they direct?

anything from S1 or 2? those are the only ones i watched
>>
>>81437818
The paintball episodes in S1 and S2, if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if they directed others.
>>
>>81437830
oh man, everyone loved those paintball episodes. they were a lot of fun
>>
>>81437830
>The paintball episodes
oh baby
>>
>>81437787
looking at the wiki, turns out they directed almost all of S1, S2, and half of S3 although they split duties on a lot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Community_episodes
>>
>>81437841
>>81437848
>Pierce's "your mother's lover"

>Jeff Winger: Greendale, it's been a pleasure fighting with you. Some of us won't make it, but there is a place where we will all see each other again, and that place is Denny's.
>Leonard: Which Denny's?
>Jeff Winger: We'll figure that out later, Leonard.
>Leonard: The one near the fifteen exit, I'm banned from there.

I might rewatch S1-2 again.
>>
>>81437856
S1 and S2 are pretty solid. The episodes in Arrested Development that I really like are mostly directed by them, which I just found out after watching the episodes.
>>
>>81437911
>>81437938
can anyone target the point where community became so unwatchable and bland?
>>
>>81437978
When the fucking showrunner got booted from his own show. it was better once he came back, last season was as good as the og.
>>
>>81437978
S4. S3 isn't as great as S1 and S2, but still good. I don't think I finished S4, and I only heard bad things with S5.
>>
>>81427428
I think Tony killing Cap "for the greater good" would be more controversial.
>>
File: it wasnt worth it.jpg (475 KB, 1600x1253) Image search: [Google]
it wasnt worth it.jpg
475 KB, 1600x1253
>>81438040
>>
>>81436859
They didn't adapt that storyline for IM2, you really think they'll do it now?
>>
>>81437687
You mean Contest of Champions 2?
>>
>>81438134
I think they Brand is much stronger than it was. Disney has shown that they are willing to take risks, GotG was a comedy but we hadn't gotten a full blown comedy for practically any of the movies, sure jokes where around but still. With the Russos in charge now I think they'll try for a more serious tone to the whole venture.
>>
>>81436997
Yes
>>
>>81438145
no a real video game, not an MMO pennysink. They said they wanna get back into the AAA market
>>
>>81427428
Cap is Iron Man
>>
>>81427428
I mean, Steve DOES die in the aftermath of Civil War in the comics, so it wouldn't be that much of a compression.
>>
File: 1459300031379.jpg (152 KB, 594x720) Image search: [Google]
1459300031379.jpg
152 KB, 594x720
>>81427428
I would be fucked up for a while. I couldn't take my pure husbando being killed on screen.
>>
>>81432303

This is the real tearjerker right here. Slap a Peggy flashback to jog the casuals' memories and I'm good.

Seriously ya'll need to lay off the porn and 4chan, this homolust bandwagon for Bucky is no longer borderline tumblr, it's worse.
>>
>>81427766
the death tolls for the 3 incidents add up to an issue of the Avengers about Baron Zemo called Avengers Dissasembled or something.

I'm not sure if Disney just used the death tolls solely as a cameo, and dindn't expect people to take them as fact?
>>
>>81428344
>>81427428

Why is Sebastian Stan attractive some of the time but at other times, he looks like a Romanian vampire?
>>
>>81442425
lightning and makeup
>>
File: sarcastic.jpg (64 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
sarcastic.jpg
64 KB, 300x300
>>81428873
>>
>>81427766
BvS sucks dude...get over it already.
>>
>>81437978
Season 3 is when it all went to shit.
>>
>>81432303
Just like bvs
>>
>>81432782
Cavill is more like Superman in Muncle than he is in the Snyderverse. It's a shame how Snyder brought the Trinity together but all three, even Gadot, understand the Trinity better than him.
>>
>>81432881
>Snyder is Whedon
>Affleck is Evans/Russos
>>
>>81445431
I was just watching the man from uncle this weekend. Damn shame Cavill didn't have a chance to really act in BvS. He can be charming with the right material
>>
>>81432817
>He hated Whedon for making Steve look like a damn joke.
EVERYONE is a joke in Whedon's scripts. That's why they're good.
>>
>>81441866
Except how awkward would that be as Peggy is being paired with Sousa and she is legit married with kids?
>>
>>81446687
It would be awkward if they kept pushing the Peggy romance at this point. He had his closure with her in the nursing home and feeling the loss of what could be. But he made his choice to down the plane and she lived her life and got married and had kids. It's bittersweet, but I rather him able to move on from it than still pining for her after her funeral.
>>
>>81446251
>Whedon scripts
>Good

I fucking hate Buffy too.
>>
File: triggered.gif (117 KB, 320x129) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
117 KB, 320x129
>>81427428
>A lot of people are speculating Bucky is triggered
>>
>>81446251
No, everyobody makes jokes in Wheson script. Cap is explicitly treated as a joke
>>
>>81433682
Cap is OP as fuck but Emil Blonsky has been the most agile a super soldier has looked.
>>
>>81427428
Killing Cucktain Americlap would be the greatest thing they could do in the MCU
>>
Tony murders Bucky.

>>81441466
>>81441466
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.