[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so the Flash time travelled into Bruce's...dream? Is that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 13
File: _1457104014.jpg (34 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
_1457104014.jpg
34 KB, 600x300
so the Flash time travelled into Bruce's...dream? Is that hypercrisis or just stupid?
>>
>>81422116
Even Snyder can't explain the scene.

Best answer you are going to get is speedforce.

This is coming from a BvS apologist.
>>
>>81422175
What do you mean Snyder can't explain it? Like he refuses to, or he just does not himself know?
>>
>>81422175
sauce on snyder?
>>
>>81422116
>Hypercrisis

Everything is Hypercrisis if you want it to be.

The Speed Force is half science, half magic. When you go far enough out into the cosmic scale of the DCU, the two really aren't distinguishable because ultimately the laws that construct and govern the DCU are subjective ones that depend on narratives and character virtues rather than physical, scientific laws.

Bruce's dream wasn't entirely a dream, it was foreshadowing and prophecy showing a world under Darkseid's rule, with Superman as his herald or enforcer. I heard an interview or something that said that the Knightmare sequence was part of a memory of that future timeline dragged back by the Speed Force in the Flash's wake.

As for the dream, you ever have that sort of half-sleeping dream that seems INCREDIBLY real? One where you don't realize that you've dropped off until you have that involuntary clonic "jerk" that wakes you up again? Bruce was in that weird not-quite-in-reality state when it happened.

Like I said, the DCU runs more on narrative laws and symbology rather than strict scientific logic. Don't try to read too much into that.
>>
>>81422175
>Best answer you are going to get is speedforce.

That's the only answer you need.
>>
You could argue Flash traveled back in time, and the reason why its a dream is because that future no longer exists, but it still leaves an echo.
>>
welp, guess my only hope now is a light hearted animated Justice League International movie
>>
Dreams are just another plane of existence, like the other earths. The Flash is one of the few characters that can travel through these planes.
>>
>>81422116
He vibrated into the dream dimension.
>>
>>81422175
>Speedforce
The only answer the flash will ever need.
>>
>>81422319
Best answer
>>
>>81422346
>Dreams are just another plane of existence, like the other earths.
Thanks Morrison.
>>
>>81422301
>>81422384
>>81422376
>>81422346
That's stupid but I believe you
>>
>>81422116
So what are the odda Ezra cameos on the Flash?
>>
>>81422225
>>81422203
Sorry I saw it on reddit and can't find it now.
>>
>>81422116

Is it weird that it took me a second to realize who/what Flash was but I did because he was making that exact pose? If I hadn't seen that image before seeing that scene it's be confused. I don't think roboflash had his usual markings did he?

>>81422274

> I heard an interview or something that said that the Knightmare sequence was part of a memory of that future timeline dragged back by the Speed Force in the Flash's wake.

I like that idea. It's because it hinges on our brains also travelling through time, space, the multiverse. I actually believe this happens in reality, sometimes we catch glimpses of the future and we don't know it, it just a bit of electrons popping in from another timeline and then popping out.

I guess it makes sense to me. I've always had vivid dream and the occasional freaky dream where something really similar happens in real life the next day. Who knows? I just like the idea that it's bits of information you're GOING to process mixed in with the imagination.
>>
>>81422468

Probably zero unless Johns and/or Ezra himself pull some pretty serious strings.
>>
>>81422509
>Is it weird that it took me a second to realize who/what Flash was but I did because he was making that exact pose?
When the film ended I turned to my gf and said "I can't beleive they had a random soldier time travel, that would have been a perfect Flash cameo".

I didn't even recognize him and I fucking love the Flash.
>>
>>81422319

I actually like that idea too.
>>
>>81422509
>I guess it makes sense to me. I've always had vivid dream and the occasional freaky dream where something really similar happens in real life the next day.

I've had that happen a couple times too. I don't put any faith into it in real life, but I don't mind it being used as a storytelling mechanic, especially in a movie that already operates on dreamlike logic in how there's zero continuity or context between a lot of scenes.
>>
You know the Flash solo movie is supposed to explore more into Barrys reality/time jumping abilities. How much you want a bet he goes against Reverse Flash which is actually knightmare Barry
>>
>>81422622
They'll do Flashpoint. It's a chance to retcon out a bunch of shit in universe that people don't like.
>>
I think Snyder mentioned this was added postproduction on a whim and they have yet to figure out how to link all the Justice Legue segments yet.
>>
File: 2b9.jpg (38 KB, 589x399) Image search: [Google]
2b9.jpg
38 KB, 589x399
>>
>>81422669
Two things about that: It may be too confusing for normies (although DOFP did that so why not) and isnt Flash after Justice League and Batman?
>>
>>81422691
Yeah he said they came up with it late into the process and thought it was a cool way to bridge to justice league.

In saying that, the scene doesn't make any fucking sense.
>>
It's implied in the scene that Lois dying will cause a dystopian future however nowhere in BvS does Batman intervene to save Lois's life. Wtf?
>>
File: magic.gif (1 MB, 275x252) Image search: [Google]
magic.gif
1 MB, 275x252
>>81422691

Here's how they should've handled it

>add a scene at the beginning showing Bruce falling asleep at the computer, then being "woken up" by Justifiers breaking into the Batcave. He grabs his gear and fights his way out, which transitions into the Knightmare sequence as-is
>rest of that scene and the Flash warning proceeds as in the theatrical release
>after he wakes up for real from that, and the files have finished decrypting, Bruce is the one that opens the League files
>watches the Flash clip himself
>rest of the clips are cut from the movie and either released as DVD extras or on Youtube like the Communion scene

There we go, more context to denote the Knightmare sequence as a dream right off to not confuse casuals as much, a preview to explain the Flash to people who didn't recognize him from popping through the speedforce, AND now we have a clear direction for Bruce to take after the events of this movie to start piecing together the League.
>>
>>81422772

Shit they could probably just rule that Flash accidentally delivering his message too early changed the timestream already.
>>
>>81422892
Cant we just say Barry didnt know what the fuck he was talking about since he was early? The guy had to improv
>>
>>81422892

Don't forget, it's also when he sees Lois protecting Superman in their fight that he hesitates long enough to believe Superman about his mother.
>>
>>81422892
>It's implied in the scene that Lois dying will cause a dystopian future however nowhere in BvS does Batman intervene to save Lois's life. Wtf?
He should have said "Martha Kent" is the key. That way when Bats learns that Supermans Mother is Martha and that she needs to be saved it would all click together.
>>
>>81422899
I would have cut the knightmare and just have had a mortally wounded Flash time travel in and explain some shit. Then when Bats opens the files and sees young!Flash he can freak out.
>>
>>81422622
I know it won't happen, but imagine if DCEU Barry starts hopping universes and runs into CW Barry.
>>
>>81423014
COIE is happening anon. Every DC show and movie from ever will show up.
>>
>>81423009

Nah, I like having it so there's more context to Lex's freakout and Bruce's "I have a feeling" motivation for seeking out the other League members.

He knows that big shit is on its way and he's seen what's happened when it wins.
>>
>>81422691

That's how most creative clusterfucks seems to happen. I'm so... disappointed in the world around me's inability to ever rationally plan out anything. How hard is it to take these seven characters, who have a ton of information about them and write it to where they all come together over the course of several movies? Really? Just coming up with a fucking PLAN can't be that hard.

Nope. No. Never.

It's always random, decisions normally based on some meta-factor. "Well, we could of done this character like this but the actors didn't want to sooooo..."

Fuck a plan. Fuck making things make sense.
>>
>>81423046

I want to believe. The Supergirl/Flash crossover only happened because Berlanti runs both shows and CBS partially owns the CW, but it'd be cool to see cameos from other DC live-action series pop up in unexpected places.
>>
>>81423014
Id be ok with Erza guest starring on the CW Flash. Thats begging for a Batman joke too.
>"So wheres the brooding scary guy?"
>"What, Green Arrow?"
>"Wait Who?"
>>
I think it was the Speedforce talking through Bruce's dream on Barry's arrival.
>>
Better question: Why was Barry wearing armor? Was it a reference to Earth 2 Barry, was it just for surviving the Darkseid war?
>>
>>81422772
Justice League: The Flaspoint Pardox

Set up Flash going back in time to save his mom, causes Flashpoint universe where heroes fight (aquaman and wonder woman), don't exist (Superman kinda), or are different (Jeffrey Dean Morgan Batman).

After Flash fixes it, reality goes to new canon where Justice League is closer to comic characterization (Superman isn't mopey) and all already a team.

Make the movie well enough, and you wouldn't even have to show the League actually coming together, just that them already a team is just the way it is
>>
>>81423180

He probably needed special tech to time-travel. Even in the comics, Barry needed the cosmic treadmill.
>>
>>81422892
no, because Lois isn't going to die yet. Snyder was legitimately planning to do Injustice in the future
>>
>>81422899
>>81423009
>>81422973
>>81423009

Yeah this idea of having Bruce open the files would of made a shit ton more sense. Even in terms of fun for the audience. Like Bruce thinks it was a dream, opens the files and sees the Flash and freaks out. And yeah, saying "Martha is the key" could of been a red herring, Bruce thinks Flash meant HIS Martha.

But yeah, the whole thing with Lois being the key made no sense when Lois was never really threatened in the movie that much (I mean she was saved every time she was in trouble, we all knew Superman would save her every time.)
>>
>>81423246
>injustice
1. Controlled by Darkseid
2. The whole point is to prevent/save the future
>>
>>81423197
You can do this in the Flash movie.
>>
>>81423197

>Make the movie well enough, and you wouldn't even have to show the League actually coming together, just that them already a team is just the way it is

Gotta have the right emotional scene though. They did that perfectly with DoFP when Logan randomly wakes up in a different timeline and Jean is there, everything is the way it should be.
>>
>>81423209
No he doesn't, he uses the treadmill to be more precise when travelling. The fact that he hit the wrong timeline in BvS implies he used no tech.

It's a battle suit, from a post apokolyptic future (see what I did there).
>>
>>81423046
I want it to, man. Because then the Red Skies newspaper from the first season of Flash would actually come to pass. And Barry would be the one to make the sacrifice play to destroy the Anti-Monitor's antimatter cannon. Which actually bring tears to my eyes if they had him go out like that.
>>
File: 1361151908983.jpg (18 KB, 620x478) Image search: [Google]
1361151908983.jpg
18 KB, 620x478
>>81423431
>WB puts their foot down and want to end the Flash tv series to focus their marketing hype around the movie
>the writers decide to send it off with that
>>
>>81423475
By the time the Flash movie comes out it may be the right time to end the show before it goes downhill in quality
>>
File: 1375982660775.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1375982660775.gif
2 MB, 400x226
>>81423614
>CW
>ever ending a successful series at an appropriate finale
>instead of milking it for all the money it's worth
>>
>>81423309
Darkseid has some kind of presence yes, but Superman said something like "you let her die" and those guards had Superman's symbol, not darkseids

It was a vision of the future barry was trying to show Bruce closer to the event of Lois dying. Thats why he yelled that he was too soon, because there is no danger of Superman losing it yet.

>>81423346
which comes out after Justice League, I figured they could adapt Justice League into the reboot in the chance they don't want to make another big movie with the characters that seem to get a mixed reaction. You're right though, it fits the Flash solo better since most of the story is on him, but I think audiences would watch a flash centered JL movie as long as we got to see the other member of the league in this reality.

>>81423363
well yeah, Flash waking up in the Watchtower to the league chilling at a water cooler with the right kind of music to give it a "im home" feeling. Set up brighter future with characters that will be better recieved
>>
>>81423700
pic related
>>
>>81423723
>Superman's symbol, not darkseids

Except for the huge Omega Symbol stamped into the ground and the Parademons.

Superman is under Darkseid.

And yeah, they're trying to prevent her death.
>>
>>81423723
>Darkseid has some kind of presence yes, but Superman said something like "you let her die" and those guards had Superman's symbol, not darkseids

Easy, Superman is acting as one of Darkseid's generals. His despair after Lois' death allows him to be corrupted by Anti-Life.
>>
File: 1352481253288.gif (497 KB, 255x143) Image search: [Google]
1352481253288.gif
497 KB, 255x143
>>81423752

That was the point, yes.
>>
>>81423783
Duhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>81423762
>>81423783
Thats fine, but it could still be an Injustice story where Superman rules earth, even if Darkseid is above him universally. I didn't say it would have been a 1:1 copy of Injustice
>>
>>81423953
Again though
That a timeline that's gonna be worked at being prevented.

At BEST we're getting one fight of the League vs. Superman before making him good again.
>>
>>81424009
God I hope not. I don't want Injustice, but I'd rather have that than a whole movie where it MIGHT happen, that sounds awful
>>
Superman got mind controlled by darkseid in the TAS finale right?
>>
>>81424105
That honestly makes no sense.
You'd rather have injustice than a movie where injustice is prevented?
Eve though it's not injustice because it's Darkseid controlling Superman
>>
>>81424109

Yeah and then spends most of JLU trying to repair the damage to his PR as a result. The whole shit going on with Cadmus is pretty much a direct reaction to the fallout from it.
>>
>>81422116
The more important question is why does the Flash have a middle-school grade dirt stache
>>
>>81424286
No razors in the post apok
>>
>>81424286

He from a post-apokaliptic future. EVERYONE has facial hair.
>>
File: 1444406304167.gif (2 MB, 606x525) Image search: [Google]
1444406304167.gif
2 MB, 606x525
>>81422319
Top tier answer.
>>
>>81424172
Why would I want to watch 2 hours of Batman going "I have to save Lois because of one vision I had 6 years ago" that sounds horrible. Unless its a side plot, but then why set up a side plot like that? So yeah, I'd rather watch a good Injustice movie (and a movie about Superman ruling earth and killing heroes would be called Injustice, regardless if Darkseid controls him or not) than the team preventing it because that sounds boring as fuck
>>
>>81422116
He wasn't dreaming, that actually happened. He just thinks it's a dream. The papers were still flying around even after Bruce "woke up".
If that isn't good enough, then >>81422319.
>>
>>81424286
>>81424317
>>81424331
The stupid faggoty manbun bothers me way more.
>>
>>81424459
JL 1 is throne of atlantis. Just have Louis Lane reporting on it, about to die, and Batman saves her.

Superman can be preoccupied with Orm and Arthur with Manta.
>>
>>81424459
It will probably be Darkseid infiltrating Earth, Lois doing some shit like investigating Anti-Life Cults, and getting in danger.

Batman and the League dealing with that shit like Superman being controlled, and Lois being in danger snaps him out when Batman calls him out on it.
>>
>>81424507
Not sure how I feel about ToA being the JL story, but best to keep Manta out of it for now and focus on Orm. The last thing I want is Black Manta reduced to a lackey
>>
>>81424507
>JL 1 is throne of atlantis
Fuck no.
JL 1 should be about the formation.
Maybe some low level mook like Kalibak as the main punching villain.
>>
>>81424564
>>81424574
It's pretty much confirmed that it's ToA. Mera got cast for JL: 1 and Atlantis is the antagonist.
>>
>>81424600
All we know is that Mera got cast.
But pretty much most of the supporting cast have been announced/rumored for that movie.
>>
>>81424574

An Aquaman movie would have to come first anyway.
>>
>>81424600
If they can pull it off sure, but keep Manta out of it. Also does Orm really qualify as a League level threat?
>>
Part 1 should be intergang I feel, just like the Superman TAS, sets up nicely for Darkseid.
>>
>>81424666
Intergang and Glorious Godfrey.
That way you cover both the illegal and legal aspects of his influence.
>>
>>81424648
>Also does Orm really qualify as a League level threat?
Give him the Atlantean armoury and military. Flood Metropolis/Gotham.

Guys like Flash and Cyborg will be preoccupied evacuating at high speed / boom tube due to flood. Between armoured Orm, his generals and his troops it is a lot for the JL to worry about.

>>81424625
Why?
>>
Who the hell cares about Cyborg and why the hell are they giving him a movie before Green Lantern?
>>
>>81424709

Gotta still have a big setpiece fight to end the third act on. What can they beat the shit out of?
>>
>>81424839
He's black.
>>
>>81424772
Oh right his scepter that controls the weather/ocean, sure why the hell not.
>>81424839
Because diversity, and WB wants as much time passed as possible before trying GL again
>>
>>81424877
Since I'd rather they not squeeze all of Darkseid's minions into one movie.

How about double down on Kanto and Mantis?
>>
>>81424916

Given the success with Deadpool, Ryan Reynolds as GL should really be given a second chance.
>>
>>81423431
The red skies were caused by the Reverse-Flash.
>>
>>81424926
>The League beats down one of them hard
>the other retreats away from the fight
>final shot of the movie is them reporting failure to Darkseid and we get to see him for the first time

y/n?
>>
>>81424916
>Oh right his scepter that controls the weather/ocean, sure why the hell not.
Aquaman Vol 2: The Others also covers A LOT of Atlantean weaponry. They can really power him up by fully armouring him.

You could even go with the motivation that Atlantis sees the surface as too weak to repel alien invaders, which are now a thing (see: MoS).

This could further tie to Darkseid, perhaps Atlantis has discovered a motherbox and historical records show that their atlantean forebearers once held off the New Gods and they see it as their job to do it again.
>>
>>81425007
Id rather Ryan be Power Ring in the vain hope the Crime Syndicate becomes a thing
>>
>>81425023
That would be good.

Counter:
>The League fights them and is doing well
>Superman resurrects to finish them off
>Throws his support with Rev. Godfrey publicly
>Final shot is Godfrey reporting SUCCESS to Darkseid
>>
>>81425056
Thinking more on it, motivation could be that the Atlanteans are getting pushed out of Atlantis by the trench monsters, so they are simply trying to land grab.

This would flow into Aquaman having to defeat the trench in his solo movie after becoming king.
>>
>>81425061

That'd be pretty fun, and Reynolds sounds like the kind of guy who would do a one-off cameo to poke fun at himself like that.

I mean he shat on the GL movie like three times in Deadpool.
>>
>>81424459

I think your idea sounds boring. I'm so sick of "hero vs hero" shit. Like we don't even get into the hero vs villain stuff even more, we skip straight to whiny, in-fighting.

I think it's telling a society where we are.
>>
>>81422116
That wasn't a dream. When Bruce 'wakes up' the second time you can still see papers flying around.
>>
>>81425136
It would be the final nail in the superman coffin if the third damn movie he appears in has him as this dark broody angry guy.
>>
>>81424507
That setup doesn't match what happens though. Why have that kind of setup in the movie you are hoping to jumpstart your franchise and the pay off is Batman saving Lois and thats it. Most people wouldn't even think of Knightmare if Batman saves Lois, and the people expecting something bigger will be disappointed that the setup of Knightmare just led to Batman trivially saving Lois
>>
>>81425130
Oh it could get even better anon
>Brandon Routh as Ultraman
>Christian Bale as Owlman
>Ryan Reynolds as Power Ring
Thats all I got, you couldnt really have Grant Gustin as Johnny Quick and I cant think of a good Superwoman. Although Dave Franco could be Johnny Quick I guess
>>
>>81425310
How about the cast of Mortal?

That gets rid of the guesswork.
>>
>>81425136
I don't want Injustice, I am saying a movie revolving around preventing that future off the one setup in BvS would be absolutely boring, so I would rather have Injustice (which I don't want to see) than that boring shit
>>
>>81425289
>people expecting something bigger will be disappointed that the setup of Knightmare just led to Batman trivially saving Lois
Then they shouldn't have thrown the knightmare in at the last moment as something cool. We won't get a nice payoff, the scene wasn't even thought out.
>>
>>81425230
I'd straight up stop buying tickets to DC movies at that point.
>>
File: 1318555678674.jpg (13 KB, 300x288) Image search: [Google]
1318555678674.jpg
13 KB, 300x288
>>81425310
>Christian Bale as Owlman

I WANT THIS SO BAD
>>
>>81425344
>I am saying a movie revolving around preventing that future off the one setup in BvS would be absolutely boring
It can be a minor side plot. Batman arc in JL1.
>>
>>81425310
>>81425324
Scratch that, Gina Carano for Superwoman
>>
>>81424648
Orm + an Atlantean army + the Trench, yeah.
>>
File: 1456724122754.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1456724122754.png
230 KB, 640x360
>>81422502
>>
>>81425391

Batman's going to be setting up the League in pt. 1 ahead of the arrival of "big bad evil shit that's coming" because he's not going to know explicitly about Apokalips yet. Maybe even doubting this mission at one point since all he has to go on is his own nightmare and Lex's crazy ramblings.
>>
File: owlman.jpg (193 KB, 600x741) Image search: [Google]
owlman.jpg
193 KB, 600x741
>>81425368
>In another universe, Owlman brands people who work for him and his toys are a lot more lethal
MAKE IT HAPPEN
>>
>>81422346
Sandman appearance soon?
>>
>>81422116
>so the Flash time travelled into Bruce's...dream? Is that hypercrisis or just stupid?
It was a memory, not a dream.
>>
>>81425498

Considering the fact that the movie is in deep limbo now, I don't think so.
>>
>>81425358
>the scene wasn't even thought out
I didn't even consider that its just shitty writing. I assumed something that important would mean if leads to a bigger plot than Batman just saving Lois and then it is never mentioned again

>>81425391
hes already the one that is bringing everybody together. That movie is gonna have too much Batman if he is the driving force of the main plot, and has a whole subplot of trying to prevent Lois's death
>>
>>81425615
It will probably be JL Part 2
>>
>>81425310
Johnny Quick can be Flashdad

Superwoman can be felicity
>>
>>81425615
>hes already the one that is bringing everybody together
WW can shoulder a lot of that.
>>
>>81425658
LEAVE
>>
>>81425727

Batman's the one with the connections and resources to track them down AND has the direct motivation of "fuck there's some serious shit headed our way, we need to get read for it".
>>
>>81425647
I guess but at that point unless there are other visions, it seem strange he is looking into that a few years after his vision

>>81425727
what >>81425812 said and the fact that WB will probably want Batman front and center, not off to the side while WW leads the charge
>>
>>81425812
It's a team up movie. He could easily look them up on his screen and send WW for recruitment.

I really want them not to be able to catch up to Flash. So instead they have to bait him by having bats/WW rob central city and then talk to the Flash when he arrives.
>>
>>81425888
>it seem strange he is looking into that a few years after his vision
Unless Part 1 directly confirms the threat
>>
>>81425916
thats why I said unless there are other visions. Just the Knightmare wouldn't be enough
>>
>>81426085
You don't need more visions.
The villain/antagonist could be related to Darkseid.
>>
>>81425888
>I guess but at that point unless there are other visions

Honestly, I actually really love the idea of Batman being the one that all this crazy shit is happening too and he has to make sense of it.
>>
>>81426103
As I said above. I would love atlantis to discover a mother box, realize the surface world will not handle an invasion with Superman dead and they cannot risk the coming invasion using the surface as a launch pad for attacking atlantis.

This would give us ToA and tie directly into Darkseid in JL 2.
>>
>>81426172
>wanting ToA

Ew
>>
>>81426103
ok, when I said other visions, I meant Knightmare on its own wouldn't be enough. Visions, relation to Darkseid, whatever, just something in addition to the Knightmare
>>
>>81426103

You can do both

>Godfrey shows up and starts preaching his stuff
>Batman is investigating Intergang/Anti-Life cults in Gotham
>in the meantime still getting crazy ass nightmares/visions relating to it

....And then I just realized that basically turns Bats into Wesley Dodds. Which is not a HORRIBLE idea in theory, maybe.
>>
>>81426218

Not if the Knightmare is directly related to Speed Force shenanigans. That would make it a one-off deal, and then Batman is left to his own detective skills to investigate the forward advance of the Apokalips invasion
>>
>>81422421
Thank Gaiman for that one
>>
>>81426200
Throne of Atlantis was cool. I wouldn't mind if that's what it ended up being. I'd prefer something more New Godsy with Intergang and some Darkseid lackeys spreading Anti-Life.
>>
>>81424839
>>81424878

It really is because he's black. But Cyborg really needs his own character and story. As inspiring comic book writer, that'd be one of my writing goals if I worked for DC ever -- make Vic an actual character. If you're going to use him as the token black guy, give him his own life.

Cyborg is the Vision of the DC in a way.
>>
>>81426200
I'm an Aquaman fan, I would love ToA (closer to comic than animated version though).
>>
>>81426334

Sounds like they might be using stuff from the Trench for Aquaman's movie too. Who knows.
>>
>>81426380
Save it then.
It's too much of a disjunct given where we're starting at.
>>
>>81426380
Thats because the animated version sucked since it forced Aquamans origin in it and ruined Black Manta
>>
>>81422376
Endless confirmed
>>
>>81426106
when the crazy shit is something that exists outside of Gotham, it just doesn't feel right

I like the idea of Batman playing baby sitter to a mentally disturbed genius loci too prone to breaking its toys, but it only really works if Gotham is treated as an insulated problem with clear boundaries between its abnormal weirdness and the rest of the world's level of weirdness
>>
>>81426522
>it just doesn't feel right

I argued in a previous BvS thread why I think Batman is the MOST qualified to be receiving the crazy dream sequences precisely because of his position straddling humanity and superheroes, street-level and cosmic level, a regular human being who sits on a council of demigods.
>>
>>81425344

Oh okay, I guess I came into your argument in the middle there.

I could agree with you, but they've made such a big deal out of the Knightmare scene that it would be good to expand upon it even more.
>>
>>81426335
best way to do Cyborg is as a titan who graduated to the League.
>>
>>81424772

Because a lot of TOA works better when Aquaman and Orm are more fleshed out. It's going to be too cluttered to try and do all of that in one movie. It was why the animated movie was trash.
>>
>>81422175
>>81422203
>>81422225
>>81422116
Didn't Snyder say Bruce was a bit of a precog and could see the future? I'm almost positive he said that in an article
>>
>>81427053
no no no. I really fucking hope not.
>>
>>81424600
Commissioner Gordon has been cast too. Doesn't make it The Killing Joke.
>>
I always hate it when fandoms have to come up with excuses for why a story makes sense, even though everyone else is just confused.
>>
>>81427184
You ignored the part where early leaks state Atlantis is the antagonist (in conjunction with Mera being cast)
>>
>>81427294
>el mayimbe
>>
>>81427321
I'm knew to comic books so not great at rating sources :/
>>
>>81427196

The movie is straightforward as can be though. Not smart just straightforward. Morrisonfags are just grasping at nothing like they always do.
>>
>>81427321
He's been right about nearly everything so far.
>>
File: halt durable youth.png (236 KB, 695x290) Image search: [Google]
halt durable youth.png
236 KB, 695x290
STOP HELPING PEOPLE, INVINCIBLE SON, HORSES MAY DIE
>>
>>81427479
Not really. He was fooled by a fake script.

In fact, the only thing I remember him being right about BvS was the presence of a Kryptonite-tipped spear.
>>
>>81427563
He was right about Doomsday and Wonder Woman chopping off his arm.
>>
>>81427462
>Morrisonfags are just grasping at nothing like they always do.

Sometimes we come up with some cool shit. It's fun to pick apart elements and see what fits together, even if it's unintentional.
>>
>>81427053
>Didn't Snyder say Bruce was a bit of a precog and could see the future?

They called him an "oracle" which in classical mythology is more like a messenger relying news from a godly or divine plane to humanity.

Batman is the one to see the future through the Speedforce and Flash's message dragging an echo of it back to him.
>>
>>81427053
>Batman's preptime was a superpower all along
I believe it.
>>
File: 1456715258195.jpg (14 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
1456715258195.jpg
14 KB, 288x288
>>81427526
>Not understanding the scene
>>
File: 1402938727321.jpg (421 KB, 1300x2100) Image search: [Google]
1402938727321.jpg
421 KB, 1300x2100
>>81427792
>he doesn't know about Batman's literal plot armor superpower
>>
>>81427819
>implying I didn't get it
Still a stupid scene anon.
>>
>>81427964
How?
>>
>>81422319
I've been saying this for a week and THIS guy gets positive responses?
>>
>>81428808

We've all been repeating the same arguments for awhile now, just stop taking it so seriously.
>>
>>81422516
>Hey you gotta day free to film
>sure
Done
>>
>>81426335
I have this Metal Gear/Atomic Robo pitch that combines Ibfornation Ae memecore stuff with hypercrisis and the singularity all wrapped up in a bow of comic super science.

Black or no, Johns was right in that Cyborg has an a list core
>>
>>81422116
>flash travels back to a specific point in time
>changes something
>timeline is changed
>Bruce wakes up in new timeline
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.