[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how would people react to this show today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: p413071_b_v8_aa.jpg (186 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p413071_b_v8_aa.jpg
186 KB, 960x1440
>>
We would all do the monkey.
>>
>>81419049
Feminist would find it offensive

Despite the fact all of the women in the show are strong characters who are much more capable than any of the men....
>>
>>81419049
Man, I'mb pretty.
>>
/co/ would shit their pants much more than Tumblr would.
>>
Whoa momma
>>
People would get triggered
>>
Everyone would ignore the good parts about the show and instead focus on how offensive it is

SJWs would bitch endlessly that Johnny is a sexually agressive white male that objectifies women

Meanwhile 4chan would bitch endlessly that the white male MC is represented as a complete retard and that women are almost always right

Finally, the voices of the people who actually enjoy a good cartoon for what it is would drown under all the bitching
>>
guys, the show would acknowledge his offensive and sexist behavior and the show would be more about ethics and how to treat fellow people, using him as an example of how not to do social interactions with the opposite gender, it would put things that people think is ok in another light, making the viewers rethink next time they are about to say something that can be taken in the wrong way.
>>
File: Pepe-Le-Pew-Wallpaper.jpg (32 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-Le-Pew-Wallpaper.jpg
32 KB, 800x600
Well, isn't Pic Related still seeing action from time to time?

>>81420265
You mean kinda like it did already, but more?
>>
>>81420389
I thought he got pulled like speedy gonzalos did?
>>
>>81420389
yes, i think they would delve further in to it too, but the show would have an overall story and he would learn from his mistakes.
>>
>>81420558
A quick wiki search tells me they both appeared in The Looney Toons Show and its 2015 movie. They may have modified the characters - I remember Pepe was a lot less flirty in Bah Humduck - but they're still around.
>>
>>81420728
Cool! I'm glad they didn't just axe them
>>
Johnny Bravo was stupid and ridiculous but absolutly not a bad person.

he was not perfect but actually a good guy with feelings who try to help people even if the entire world is against him for humiliate him on the worse way in every episodes.

I never found that show "offensive", being annoying and funny with womens is offensive now?
>>
>>81421076
>being annoying and funny with womens is offensive now?
yes it is you shitlord
>>
It's a feminist's wet dream.

Johnny is an exaggerated personification of the "patriarchy", who thinks he's cock of the walk when really he's a nobody who can't function without his mother and a five-year-old girl. He hits on women only to get beaten up himself.

It's not offensive, it's their ideal comedy.
>>
He's boorish but he's never particularly dismissive of women.
>>
>>81421189
and why exactly? and why you seem so triggered? that was just a question.
>>
>>81420162
>Finally, the voices of the people who actually enjoy a good cartoon for what it is

I don't think so, Anon. Neither SJWs nor 4chan falls into that category.
>>
Johnny's more aggressive behavior is never, ever rewarded. He loves to harass women but if they tell him to fuck off he does, usually telling himself "She digs me..." At the very worst he'll occasionally grab and dip a woman, but he'll inevitably get punched in a little circle and a flap of hair will become detached from his pompadour. Johnny is too dumb to come off like a rapist.
>>
File: 1399708237537.jpg (306 KB, 735x1044) Image search: [Google]
1399708237537.jpg
306 KB, 735x1044
>>
I never understood CN shows nor I ever found them funny when I was watching them as a kid. I grew mostly frustrated.

Then I look back with nostalgia filters and it was pretty funny.
>>
>>81425006
mah nigga, it's so apparent in contrast with newer cartoons today
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.