[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this so terrible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 322872._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (71 KB, 360x554) Image search: [Google]
322872._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg
71 KB, 360x554
Why is this so terrible?
>>
>>81417625
Because it's so edge-y
>>
>>81417625
>/co/ finally admitting Tom Taylor is a bluff
It took you years, but son I am proud.
>>
>>81417788
>finally

Nigga where YOU been?
>>
>>81417819
At /co/, seeing all those fools praising Injustice and Superior Iron Man.
>>
What are the quintessential green lantern stories
>>
>>81417625
it's a bunch of boring GL vs GL petty infighting, random background GLs dying like redshirts, a bleak situation with a bleak outcome, a villain I couldn't give less of a fuck about, with some added Hamfisted Taylor Social Commentary

it's like all the worst parts of the past decade of GL all in one mini

also it ignores everything interesting Lost Army (which was kinda boring but still less bad than EOO) did
>>
>>81417977

Geoff Johns run along with Green Lantern Corps Tomasi run as well.
>>
>>81417977
Johns' run and GL/GA are the most classic ones. Reccing all the good ones is hard, cause there's a lot.
>>
>>81418013
Yeah, that last part really confused me. Where the fuck are Krona and Relic?
>>
>>81417625
It killed my waifu. Again.
>>
>>81418087
Taylor started writing EOO before LA was even halfway through so he probably didn't know what Bunn was doing at all

Hopefully they'll address it in the last issue or two of EoO because I care more about Relic and Krona than giant guy and giant girl or Guy getting pissy at John
>>
>>81417977

Basically everything from the start of Johns' run to the end of Tomasi's run on Corp is great and (mostly) tells one huge epic story.

Lots of cool stuff out of the Kyle era, some good 80s stuff with Hal, the 70's GL/GA team up is iconic.
>>
File: Hal beats up a polar bear.jpg (711 KB, 1000x1478) Image search: [Google]
Hal beats up a polar bear.jpg
711 KB, 1000x1478
>>81417865
It's not like those were bad. He's pretty hit or miss. Injustice while completely ridiculous had a great thing going because he could literally do anything he wanted and that made it a fresh/unique take since you didn't know what was going to happen. Superior Iron-Man let him take all the wackiness from Injustice but channel it into a dickish Tony and it excelled because of that. His Earth-2 on the other hand was pretty sub-par as he was reigned in and made poor decisions to the story which only got worse as time went on.

>>81417977
Personal favorite of mine is Marv Wolfmans run up to Gerard Jones'. It's a good era for GLs but after Jones' you get into Kyle's run which is more singular than corps focused.
>>
>>81418297
>someone else remembers Gerard Jones
I'll forgive your terrible taste for once.
>>
the whole previous universe thing was stupid
also it was written before the other mini and doesn't even mention it even though it was advertised as a follow up
>>
File: John is the Messiah.jpg (111 KB, 334x566) Image search: [Google]
John is the Messiah.jpg
111 KB, 334x566
>>81418359
Jones probably had the best era of GLs and I say that including Geoffs run. Everyone had their own book that was unique, (Hal recruiting GLs, John dealing with the Mosaic, and Guy being the sole protector of Earth and later on being the first Yellow Lantern) Hal was aging/getting wiser, the Corps was getting more diverse aliens again and all the shit involved with the Darkstars and LEGION were very interesting.
>>
File: Earth 2 cast bloat and Taylor.png (19 KB, 806x247) Image search: [Google]
Earth 2 cast bloat and Taylor.png
19 KB, 806x247
>>81418297
>he was reigned in
He was not. He got to do whatever he wanted.
>>
>>81417977
Green Lantern/Green Arrow is a product of its time, but it's still worth reading.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.