[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Still the best MCU villain, most likely the best one we'll get.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: Alexander-pierce.png (540 KB, 890x458) Image search: [Google]
Alexander-pierce.png
540 KB, 890x458
Still the best MCU villain, most likely the best one we'll get.
>>
>>81416461
That's not Killgrave.
>>
>>81416461
Do Kingpin and Killgrave not count? Because they are both miles ahead of anyone in the films.
>>
>>81416461
That's not Red Skull.
>>
>>81416461
That's not Loki.
>>
>>81416461
and hes still forgettable. I don't get it. How?
>>
I loved that movie and even I didn't remember who that was
>>
>>81416461
I liked how he seemed shifty but good. They revealed him as an asshole too early IMHO; should have played the "he's against the iluminati guys so maybe he's good" angle.

Same thing with Stane; when he's being ordinary he's more compelling.
>>
Loki is without question the best villain in the MCU. When making Thor the team was given the directive of "If nothing else please just give us a good villain to work with for the Avengers" and they fucking nailed it. He was enormously successful in Avengers Assemble and even completely stole the show from the villain of Thor 2.

Loki is the only MCU villain that is so good that they could not and did not kill him off at the end of the film. Now that's a true comic book villain, someone the writers are too scared to get rid of permanently.
>>
>>81417883
Loki works best when he's ambivalent and ambiguous. His plans change like liquid, as do his emotions. Everything about Loki is shifting and fluid which is what makes him compelling.
>>
>>81416461
Except he was incredibly boring.
>>
>>81417883
>>81417961
Loki is the only villain in the MCU with a genuine personal and sympathetic grudge with the hero and comprehensible motivations beyond "I'm an evil dick and want wealth/power". Everyone else either either a greedy suit or a dark evil man from space. Loki is relatable and pitiable in spite of his villainy.
>>
>>81418140
>sympathetic villain
>relatable
Jesus christ are you a studio exec? These things literally have nothing to do with what makes a good villain, everything is in the execution, they just have to be believably threatening regardless of everything else
>>
File: 1.jpg (269 KB, 1680x1680) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
269 KB, 1680x1680
>Risking lives for the sake of bucky
>Starting a civil war because of bucky
>Doesn't care about consequences

Steve is the GOAT mcu villain
>>
File: Kingpin-Daredevil-Netflix.jpg (301 KB, 1383x986) Image search: [Google]
Kingpin-Daredevil-Netflix.jpg
301 KB, 1383x986
>>81416461
Best MCU villian, pic related.
>>
>>81420125
How is Daredevil?
>>
>>81416461
Could have been better and more memorable if heas Red Skull all along and survives.
>>
>>81420211
EXCELLENT.
I'm three episodes away from the end of season 2 and loving almost every minute so far.

When he finally gets the costume in the last episode of s1 they go all Schumacher Batman for the big showdown with Kingpit, focusing more on showing off the suit/gear than Matt's moves, but s2 goes right back to full-blown awesome. There's also a weird moment in s2 where Matt goes from "YOU KILL PEOPLE GTFO, BITCH" to "I NEVER WANT TO LOSE YOU AGAIN" right back to "YOU KILL PEOPLE, GTFO BITCH" with Elektra, but everything else is amazing.
s1 Is outstanding, but s2 is frankly better.
>>
Yellow jacket was scary as fuck and died in the most brutal way
>>
>>81420211
The villains are the only good part of the show. The rest is suffering.
>>
File: yellow-jacket-ant-man.jpg (22 KB, 540x382) Image search: [Google]
yellow-jacket-ant-man.jpg
22 KB, 540x382
>>81416461

I'm like the only person on /co/ who probably loves all of the MCU villains.
>>
Fisk was better
>>
>>81420644
Yellow Jacket specifically was terrible. He had the weakest motivation and the most cliche "All of you are bugs to me" mentality.
>>
>>81420581
>The rest is suffering.

Such is the story of Matt Murdock's life.
>>
>>81420733
And Foggy. He was tolerable in the first season, but then it seemed like you had to either want to fuck of fight Matt to be a relevant character in the show.
>>
>>81420708
Corey Stoll didn't help either.
>>
File: Glare_Yotsuba.jpg (89 KB, 392x457) Image search: [Google]
Glare_Yotsuba.jpg
89 KB, 392x457
>>81420708

I disagree with you, I think the movie illustrated his motivations clearly due to a sense of abandonment from his mentor figure, frustration at his station in life ("I could have gone anywhere, but I chose you"), and an unbalancing of his brain chemistry due to his imperfect pym particle formula.

There was nothing about his motivations being about other people being insects, and I have to assume you are just a shitter who doesn't watch movies and tries to troll people by acting dumb.
>>
>>81418140
But there's nothing sympathetic about Loki. He got denied succession because Odin knew Thor would eventually learn his lesson then had a botch fit because he found out Laufey is his dad and Odin took him from what was going to be a shitty life and raised him as his own son. Loki's a jackass and there's nothing sympathetic about him.
>>
File: (You).png (461 KB, 870x722) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
461 KB, 870x722
>>81419943
>>
>>81420413
>s2 is frankly better

you cheeky bitch
>>
>>81416461
Screencap this
Tony stark is going to be the best villain of MCU
>>
>>81420644

Better Ultron than Ultron. And I liked Ultron.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.