[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC comics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
Someone told me that Lucifer is actually based on the comics (I didn't know there was one), and that at some point they could mix in with the the Flash Arrow, and more.

someone said that they could mix in Supernatural with the other DC shows, but it would be a different universe like Supergirl. Of course a different Heaven and hell, but then again, if the Darkness is what it is, then that means nothing right?

Could this Lucifer actually be more comic book-ee and work with the other DC comic shows?
>>
>>81416281
>that at some point they could mix in with the the Flash Arrow, and more.
No
>>
>>81416342
Not like they haven't with everything else, and it seems to work out well don't ya think?
>>
>>81416281
The Lucifer comic is only technically in the DC universe by reason of being a Sandman spinoff.

So don't expect Felicity to show up.
>>
>>81416469
>So don't expect Felicity to show up.
honestly i can't stand her.
>>
>>81416281
Every time I see images of this I am reminded that we will never get a proper adaptation.

And it burns.

It burns so much.
>>
>>81416502
Have you watched it?
Even if it's not a proper adaptation, it still pretty damn good. /tv/ shits on it, but I like it.
I went to /tv/ since it is a /tv/ show and asked their opinion, they are assholes and act like snobs
>>
>>81416502
Time-Warner doesn't treat even it's most basic and plebeian of comic book intellectual properties with respect.
Why the fuck would they treat something as niche and nuanced as Lucifer any better?
>>
>>81416527
I tried, I can't. Lucifer is too good a comic book for this. I don't mind that they changed iZombie because that book is good but it's nothing special. Lucifer is. It deserves better.
>>
>>81416589
the only reason I can see it is cause "Lucifer" being more biblical and America is dumb.
>>
>>81416592
I looked it up, is it longer than 4 comics?
>>
>>81416342
Fuck off with your CW-Full of Heart bullshit.
Lucifer is fine without those garbage shows
>>
>>81416755
that's the reboot, you want the older one by Mike Carey
>>
>>81416527
It's not that it's not a proper adaptation, it has a completely different story, to the point that it's hardly based in the comic at all. Lucifer, as a character, is public domain, so if they wanted to do a story where Lucifer leaves hell and solves crimes, they could.
But the comic has a supporting cast and a story that is barely touched on in the show.
>>
>>81416755
It's 75 issues, and a prequel miniseries.
>>
>>81416412
>make a spin-off of Flash and Arrow

Literally all the good writers went to Flash and Arrow is shit now.

>crossover Flash and Supergirl
Episode was shit apart from some cute moments.

It's nice when they're just background details, but there's too much trouble trying to involve multiple different shows with different writing/production teams, different networks and ratings expectations, into an ongoing shared universe.
>>
The guy playing Lucifer really doesn't do a bad job. But I really don't like this show. I'm kind of trying to stick it out for this Angel subplot. But it's somewhat nderwhelming all in all.
>>
>>81418975
>I don't like the Flash or Arrow
You don't belong in my thread on on /co/
Please go back to /tv/ with the rest of your snob friend

>>81419025
>>81419074
Ah OK. I had a feeling.

I couldn't find it on kickass but normally there's some place that has a giant archive of comics. Are they 90's?

>>81419089
>the Flash
it's been my favorite and maybe 1 or 2 eps have sucked

>Arrow is bad
I don't want to admit to this yet. Altho the Bee chick is annoying and I skimmed the last ep. I really just wanted to punch her in the face.

>cross over
They have more than one. You've not seen them I take it

>FlashXSupergirl
It was ok. It was bleugh 2bh. They had where Flash goes to a different dimension and that's Supergirls. Which is annoying as fuck. I thought this was all 1 place and he was going to fight all the other villains at some point. NOPE

>Hey guys what if we make Supergirl a completely different universe
>all her villains too even if flash and arrow fought them?
>yeah!
>why?
>So Flash has a reason to cross over!
>That's a bad idea and people who are real comic nerds are going to get mad.
>I DON'T CARE LETS DO IT. . .

>>81419181
I'm waiting for The the Detective to finally see he's Satan. He's able to get answers out of people and she can't figure out how he's doing it
>everything must have an answer!
>believing in magic/god and so on is all fake!

>Oh you're Lucifer? What's your REAL name?
>That is my real name
>I don't believe any one would name their child after Satan
>I am Satan
>yeah ok
>>
There needs to be more of Lucifer being angry. The arc with his stolen wings should have been drawn out a little longer.
>>
>>81416527
Every episode so far:
Chloe: dont do it
Lucifer: i did it
Chloe: but how?
Lucifer: because im the devil
Chloe: that sounds fake but ok...
Lucifer: *angst and daddy issues*

STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!
yet i cant stop watching it
>>
>>81419312
At least they add a plot. . . .
>>
>>81419294
2000-2006
>>
>>81419294
>my /co/

My fucking sides, mate. My fucking sides.
>>
>>81419312
Still 100% better that CW garbage
>>
>>81419490
>better than Flash
nah man

nah
>>
>>81419538
>Flash
>So much heart
> Muh feels

Jesus change your tampon
>>
>>81419294
>I don't want to admit to this yet.

I admitted to it way back in Season 3. I can't believe you're still putting yourself through that shit.
>>
>>81419461
I didn't say my /co/ now did I? I was talking about this thread I had created

>>81419603
>I don't like things to have any feeling, it has to have pure fighting, no real plot
I bet you also enjoyed BvS too didn't ya?

>>81419751
It's like reading 1 comic and it say some shit like "TO BE CONT IN FLASH #12" bullshit.
I was hopping it would get better but this shit with Felcity, it's getting annoying
>I don't know if I can do this
>you can, you have been for several years now
>us Ollie, it's just not working
>how so?
>you have a son! You didn't tell me about and I'm torn up cause I can't stand you did that with out me!
>It was years ago
>I DON'T CARE! I'M A TYPICAL WOMAN WHO CAN'T STAND IT WHEN A MAN HAS A CHILD WITH SOMEONE ELSE!!!
>get over it
>NO! I WONT! I'M TORN UP!
I have to keep watching for the cross overs, that's when they do something awesome. It's like my own good LA JL. don't take that away from me anon.
>>
>>81419538
Do you not watch much TV or something? The Flash is pretty meh all things considered.
I haven't seen Lucifer so I can't say if it's any better though.
>>
File: Dr. Wells.jpg (11 KB, 206x302) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Wells.jpg
11 KB, 206x302
Dr. Wells is inside me.
>>
>>81420895
keep your fantasies to your self anon
>>
>>81420071

Everything I've seen seems to suggest that it's a pretty decent police procedural, but a pretty shitty adaptation of the actual comic material.
>>
>>81416281
>take Lucifer comic
>make it a police procedural

why. This is the most Network TV thing I can imagine.

Fuck this cancerous show.
>>
>>81421472
Ever think that the reason the rating are so good for these shows are because common americans like them? So it fair to say we are honestly the cancer?

why else would any other shows /co/ likes dies
IE Mission hill, Batman Beyond, Batman BATB, YJ, GL and more good shows
>>
>>81421528
There were rumors of Young Justice coming to The CW in live action form.
>>
>>81419312

Just emphasizes the importance of presentation.
It's cool when Lucifer does it.
>>
>>81421578
I could see Young Justice working very well with the general CW formula.
>>
>>81421528
These procedural shows are the most popular dramas around the world.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/ncis-most-popular-drama-in-worldwatched-tv-drama-1201218492/

Right now NCIS is the most popular, but it use to be shit like CSI. They are easy to understand and translate well in other countries. (Bad guys do bad things, good guys figure out who/how/why, good guys go stop bad guys, tune in next week)
>>
Its shit, Lucifer deserves better.
They are fucking up Preacher as well.
>>
>>81421578
I read that too.
I heard they want to bring the animated version before that, they originally wanted to make Titans and put it on another . . . I can't remember the channel.

But they wanted to and they dropped the idea.

>>81421712
pls no.
Why? Cause Smallville did it fine then. Now? It wouldn't last long. We have Arrow, flash, Supergirl, LoT and I think 1 other show. If we get another one, it will end up on fox more than likely and then we'll get a cross over and it will be like
"Hey we are the titans"
"Neat"
"We have powers and shit. I'm Robin"
"Who?"
"you know Gotham? And Batman?"
"No. I'm too new"
"well shit Flash, stop suckin"

>>81421726
I can see that.
>>
aren't you guys tired of capeshit procedural by now? if you've seen one episode, you've seen them all.

at least netflix is doing cool stuff and somehow managed to make a show based on jessica jones of all characters into something miles ahead of the dc superhero shows.
>>
>>81422019
>jessica jones

please don't talk about trash hear tia
>>
>>81421528
Joe Retard also loves Transformers movies and Batman v Superman. That doesn't make them good.
>>
>>81422066
Too blinded by the interracial relationship to enjoy the show? Because aside from that, I see no actual reason for anyone to hate the show.
>>
>>81422019

You have to be 18 to post on this site kiddo.
>>
>>81422161
I'm older than you, kiddo. Can't handle opinions, /pol/?
>>
>>81422019
Jessica Jones is shit
Marvel doesn't know how to make good shows. They are better at Animation and Movies

>>81422122
that was 1/2 my point. Cause they like what they do, doesn't mean it's bad, what we like is more story telling and not just guns a blazing and what not. Simple Americans don't have time for story telling
>"HE'S MAD THAT IM MAD!"
>"I'M GOING TO KILL HIM!"
>"NOT IF I KILL YOU FIRST!"
Wait. why?

>>81422178
I have a feeling most of us here are in our 20s but some are just more dumb than others.
>>
>>81422066
Jessica Jones was alright. Not as good as Daredevil, but definitely better than any capes on the CW.
>>
File: gaykiss.png (441 KB, 556x516) Image search: [Google]
gaykiss.png
441 KB, 556x516
>>81419312
..... the comic was basically this too.
>>
Stop me if you've heard this one.

>DRAMA DRAMA
>scene at the bar
>Relationship drama
>60 second fight
>DRAMA DRAMA
>scene at the lab
>MUH SPEED
>Relationship drama
>60 second end of fight
>DRAMA DRAMA
>20 second teaser of bad guy doing something
>repeat every episode

That's the Flash. Every episode forever. You have maybe a couple minutes of cool Flash-related stuff and then nothing but drama and character interactions with cringy le quirky nerd shit.

It's also Arrow, just put >Felicity in between every line of green text. Bury your heads in the sand all you want. You know it to be true.
>>
>>81422490

Obviously you didn't see last week's episode of Flash.
>>
I miss Constantine. Apparently his cameo on Arrow was a one time thing.
>>
>>81422609
:(
Yes. I wish too anon
>>
>>81422609
Was his show any good? I was never the biggest Hellblazer fan, but the show looked promising.
>>
>>81422663
You know how it goes by now, 1 season means it's amazing if it didn't get any farther. It was one of the best fucking series our there. I never understood why it didn't get that far.
>>
>>81422260
>Cause they like what they do, doesn't mean it's bad,

That doesn't mean it's good, either. You're perfectly welcome to like jamming scissors into your dick but it's still wrong and stupid.
>>
>>81422741
because it was on Syfy before their big push to actually have good shows again
>>
>>81422767
I would say it's more on a casual basis. If a group of people like something, it's the concept of "Word of mouth" ya know?
>>
>>81422663

It starts out pretty mediocre and gets steadily better as the show goes on. That's why it hurt so much to see it killed after only 13 episodes.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.