[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this movie have a bad reception? I didn't realize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 220px-Megamind2010Poster.jpg (30 KB, 220x344) Image search: [Google]
220px-Megamind2010Poster.jpg
30 KB, 220x344
Why does this movie have a bad reception? I didn't realize people hated it until recently.
>>
>>81415836
Honestly, I like it a lot. The first Despicable Me came out at about the same time, and was a better movie, but Megamind is way more rewatchable. Having seen Despicable Me once, I've yet to reach a point where I really feel like watching it again. It was a great story, and...that's about it. Megamind still makes me giggle after the 4th time, although after the second it was basically just a 'something to have on in the background' kind of movie.
>>
>>81415836
Because most of the haters are people like the true villain
>>
>I didn't realize people hated it until recently.
who the fuck are you even talking about, /co/ loves it
>>
>>81415924
me too. its a fun camp movie, and a nice homage to classic superheroes and villains. characters and effects are good.
whats not to like?
>>
>>81415836
My only complaint is that the movie played it too safe on Megamind's villainous acts. I know he's supposed to be a silver age villain, but they never even show him with an evil-looking grin or a maniacal laugh, even when he's "evil", and I think it would've shown his change of heart even more clearly.
Movie's still good.
>>
>>81416147
I saw it in theatres when it came out, and I remember guffawing at some caped reference joke and the rest of the theatre was dead silent
>>
>>81415836
>I didn't realize people hated it until recently.

You are lying, OP. Stop lying.
>>
>>81415836
I don't know anyone who likes it either but my whole family praises it and rewatches it a lot. Maybe it's because of the characters' looks, people don't watch anything that doesn't have average looking MCs. Roxanne had a pixie cut, megamind was blue, minion looks like your 7yo OC, and fedora tipper villain looks like a chode.
>>
>>81415836
It's a generic Dreamworks film
>>
>>81415836
People hated it? I didn't know. Personally, I liked it.
>>
>>81415836
intimidated by PRESENTATION
>>
>>81415836
>people hated it
I know 0 people that hate this movie
It just kinda went under the radar
>>
File: presentation.png (2 MB, 1275x988) Image search: [Google]
presentation.png
2 MB, 1275x988
>>81418644
Underrated as fuck
>>
>>81415836
It's good shit but >>81416203 is right.
They didn't play up his villain side very well to sell you that he's changed,
Yeah he kidnapped and threatened but Roxanne didn't give a shit. Even when the movie tries to make you think he killed the hero you know he didn't. I'd love it if he did cause that'd be at least somewhat brave story-telling.
>>
>>81418776
Seems to happen to most DW movies

I really wouldn't mind some more action oriented CGI movies
>>
The ending was a reference to Red Son's ending right?
You know the scene.
>>
>>81415836
Honestly, I liked the movie. My only complaint goes along with what others have said; Megamind looked to soft. I can tell the design was made so he looks slightly less villainous for the audience to relate to him easier. He needed a more menacing design in the face.
>>
>>81419128
Well, I'm pretty sure Tighten was a reference to Superboy Prime.
>>
>>81416203
>>81418998
I personally think he was never meant to have a "black heart" in the first place. I think that was the point. I think there was a deeper meaning about people becoming what others expect of them based on circumstances beyond their control, such as the situation they are born into. I liked how Metro Man wasn't portrayed as any bad guy at all either just because Megamind was the protagonist.
>>
>>81422937
Metro Man's character was great. Not the hero or the villain but just some aging guy who's tired of the whole mess that clearly didn't hold any hard feelings towards his supposed arch nemesis.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.