[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's gonna happen when Comic Book Movies use up all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Ultron_Empire_textless.jpg (95 KB, 640x793) Image search: [Google]
Ultron_Empire_textless.jpg
95 KB, 640x793
With the output getting that much faster for Comic book movies, you think they'll be in trouble when they run out of the famous moments?

For example, Bane already broke Batman's back, Superman was killed by Doomsday Gwen Stacy already died, the venom story was done (rushed, yes, but still), we're about to get Civil War and then Infinity Wars, Days of Future Past happened and soon Apocalypse will too.

With Marvel having 3 companies blowing through their material and DC wanting to do just as much, what's gonna happen when they run out of stuff? I mean DC blew it when they killed Superman already. Now they won't have as strong an impact when he does actually die down the lie.
>>
Simple answer?

Not my problem

Honest answer?
They'll probably try to bring in lesser known characters like Carol , Black Panther etc and try to milk their moments and rinse and repeat
>>
Look at the Xmen movies

They'll just start using the dumb ones OR make up their own.

It's just set pieces to have explosions anyway
>>
>>81410374
jaded answer: they reboot

optimistic answer: they just come up with original storylines. A lot of the MCU movies aren't based on particular storylines already.
>>
There's like over 75 years of stories for the industry

And yeah, like everyone said, they're just make up their own shit.
>>
God forbid they might actually have to put time and effort into their scripts.
>>
Fox basically has the entire X-Men franchise, and they haven't actually done many of the big stuff, so they could coast. Plus, there's literally hundreds of mutants they could make play the lead, and not all would be Literally Who's.
Marvel has been playing a long game, and now they don't really NEED to do the big comic moments. Shit, they made a Guardians movie that was nothing like the Guardians book!
DC? I don't know, I'm more optimistic than most Marvelfags and lay the blame not on DC or WB itself, but on Snyder and Goyer. If we get a DCEU movie without those two Chucklefucks and it's still shit, then I'll march in line with the rest, but until then, I think DC CAN work. It has an advantage that Marvel lacks, that most of their characters were more popular or have simpler Origins.
>>
>>81410374

Whedon didn't even do the "have words with thee" line from Thor to Ultron.
>>
I don't understand why they are only using famous moments now that the movies are popular enough to stand on their own. Why not just adapt some normal ones too? You had that Young Justice episode about Wally moving the heart across the continent and while it was enjoyable it wasn't a particularly noteworthy story from his Flash run imo. You can still do a lot with stories that don't have built in hype.
>>
File: 06-19-2011 18.jpg (76 KB, 530x282) Image search: [Google]
06-19-2011 18.jpg
76 KB, 530x282
>>81410374
I'll be happy, because they'll move onto my obscure hipsterfus like Man-Thing, Captain Britain and The Eternals.
Shit maybe even Sentry.
>>
>>81410374
They'll find new characters and milk those stories. They'll make 3 movies out of Nova, a series out of the West Coast Avengers, and who knows how many others.

Or they could be like Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-man, etc and make original stories.
>>
>>81410374
A. They have over 60 years of cool moments, si it will take a fucking while.

B. They create new ones, shocking I know.

C. They reboot again.
>>
>>81411685
>A. They have over 60 years of cool moments, si it will take a fucking while.

except that most of those stories are repeats.
>>
>>81410374
> blowing through their material
The first Iron Man movie came out in 2008 and part two of Infinity War is set for a 2019 release.
>>
>>81411730
Moments are not the same as whole stories.

Death of Superman was vastly different in the comicbook, so was extremis, so was civil war, so was TDKR, and so on and so forth...
>>
>>81410374
They don't need to refer back to source material, for characters and lore sure but not for plot. GotG is an example of this.
>>
>>81410374
Well, they won't. They avoid all the good shit.

For example, they had all the Avengers
standing together and Thor DIDN'T say
"ULTRON, WE WOULD HAVE WORDS WITH THEE"

On the DC side, NO FUCKIGNG HANDSHAKE....

Those are small, maybe unimportant examples but the point is they won't run out of shit to do. They're not even getting everything.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.