[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Super Strength beats Super Speed >Super Speed beats Super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: super ro sham bo.png (264 KB, 968x1144) Image search: [Google]
super ro sham bo.png
264 KB, 968x1144
>Super Strength beats Super Speed

>Super Speed beats Super Agility

>Super Agility beats Super Strength
>>
>Super Speed > All

Fucking Speed force and shit
>>
>>81408053
What if you have more than one of these abilities
>>
>>81408053
How does Super Strength beat Super Speed?
You still need to hit them
>>
>>81408125
You're already hitting them when they try to hit you.
>>
>>81408164
That implies Super Resiliency as well.
>>
File: speedblitz.jpg (220 KB, 976x622) Image search: [Google]
speedblitz.jpg
220 KB, 976x622
>>81408053
>super strength beats super speed

No.
>>
>>81408209
Yeah, you have me there, but if we make this concession I think OP's model works pretty well.
>>
>>81408053

>>Super Strength beats Super Speed
Nah son
>>
>>81408164
No, if you are fast enough, I'm talking perceptible fractions of lightspeed, your mass increases exponentially but your "volume" is the same, therefore your density has to increase exponentially, so you actually can't "hurt" someone super duper fast like that.
>>
>>81408322
If we package Strength and Resiliency, how does Agility beat Strength when Speed can't?
>>
>>81408053
But spider-man has super strength, super resilience, super speed, super agility, super reflexes and spider-sense which make him probably win against those two oponents.
>>
>>81408349
That's now how that works.
Your mass never changes as you increase your speed.
What does change is the amount of energy you're carrying since the energy required to accelerate to light speed is asymptotic.
It's like your mass is increasing since mass also increasing the amount of energy required to accelerate, but it's not really changing anything.
>>
>>81408209
How many characters you know with Superstrenght but no resiliency? I'm thinking between 0 and none.

>>81408094
Yeah, OP works only if you use speedsters without Lightspeed and Speed Force. Quicksilver, Velocity, Jay Garrick, the Whizzer.

It also assumes the Super Agility guy has at least soe measure of super Strenght or other attack enhanement that allows him to penetrate the Resilience of the Super Strong. Common but I'm not sure if it's true for all of them.

Still, with those limitations and exceptions in mind, seems like a good rule of thumb.
>>
>>81408426
No, your mass definitely increases in Einsteinian relativity. Not that it matters for non-speedforce speedsters.
>>
>>81408519
>your mass definitely increases in Einsteinian relativity
It definitely does not.
Otherwise two objects of high relative speed would seem to attract each other greater than two objects at lower relative speed, and we know that isn't true.

Besides, if mass actually increased as relative speed increased, then an outside observer would be able to see the gravitation effects of the increased mass even if they are travelling at non-relativistic relative velocity to the relativistic mass.
That would make it possible to determine an objective point of view, and that violates relativity
>>
>>81408053
I think Spidey knocked out Pietro before
>>
>>81409072
Pietro is barely really a speedster on DC scales, though
>>
>>81408470
Asterix and Obelix.

It's fairly commonly repeated that they're super strong when potion'd but not invincible in any way.
>>
>>81408470
>How many characters you know with Superstrenght but no resiliency?
Kingpin?
Cap?
>>
>>81409155
They don't have super strength you dingus
>>
>>81409182
Depends how super you want your strength
MCU Cap can throw motorcycles and comics Kingpin have definitely shown greater than any real human strength
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.