[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>on a Valiant reading binge >enjoying it >find that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Clipboard.jpg (5 KB, 296x172) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard.jpg
5 KB, 296x172
>on a Valiant reading binge
>enjoying it
>find that cape movie calendar
>see this
Why, /co/? Why?
>>
>>81407645
>we want the FRANK crowd
>we want the HUNGER GAMES TWILIGHT crowd
>>
File: WMD.jpg (43 KB, 511x507) Image search: [Google]
WMD.jpg
43 KB, 511x507
Speaking of which, what Valiant stuff is good?
>>
because they're no different, despite what you may think
>>
>>81407719
Ninjak, Divinity, Imperium, Bloodshot and Bloodshot Reborn. I'd recommend Delinquents, too.
>>
>>81407719
From the ones I've read so far:
X-O Manowar
Ninjak, Busiek's and current
Quantum & Woody, 1990s and current
Shadowman
Trinity Angels
Turok
Bloodshot
Harbinger
Archer & Armstrong
Eternal Warrior
>>
>>81407739
Everyone is in it for money?
I wonder what actors will they grab. Most of big names are claimed already.
>>
>>81407690
>FRANK
>Bloodshot
Read the book, will you?
>>
File: Snake Eyes.jpg (32 KB, 567x357) Image search: [Google]
Snake Eyes.jpg
32 KB, 567x357
>>81407766
>>81407772
Cool beans.
>>
>>81407739
But I don't want more cape movies. Especially if made by Sony.
>>
>>81407645
Because Sony still wants a cape shared universe, since their attempt to make Spidey into one failed, and Valiant wants to be relevant.
>>
>>81407949
>Valiant wants to be relevant
/tv/ gtfo
>>
>>81408018
He's not wrong though. Image and Dark Horse are more know than Valiant.
>>
>>81407719
I'm loving the shit out of X-O Manowar. Hard to believe it's the same writer that fucked over the Lanterns.
>>
>>81407719
Shadowman #0-#10
Bloodshot Reborn
Rai
Ninjak
Divinity
The Valiant

Harbinger is okay at best, focuses more attention on the villain more than the heroes. Which kind of makes me think that Dsyart wanted to originally do Imperium, but was roped into Harbinger. Hopefully the new Harbinger book featuring Generation Zero will be decent
>>
>>81408090
X-O was good up until the Planet Death arc, then it just seemed directionless. Wrath Of Eternal Warrior is pretty awful too, which is a shame considering how much I wanted it to be good
>>
>>81407772
I heard, at least for a couple years after the revival, that Shadowman was their weakest link
>>
>>81408018
Sorry to break it to you but the only reason valiant came back a couple years ago was so they could build the brand enough to make movies
>>
>>81410477
Proof or poof. And if it's true, nice to see they decided to make good comics meanwhile
>>
>>81407793
>>
>>81409458
Shadowman, like a lot of the original Valiant books, started pretty slowly, and Unity didn't really help much either. But once Bob Hall came on board it became a fantastic read. Even if Chaos Effect was a lame duck as far as events were concerned, Hall still gave us some interesting elements to play with, name Jack going batshit crazy because of his shadow spirit
>>
>>81411146
The runs by Ennis and Delano were good; Abnett & Lanning's was OK but is unfinished.
>>
>>81412746
This
>>
>>81408325
>Shadowman

Jesus Christ what happened? The original run was sort of basics super hero stuff, but it was well done with a likable character and good art. Then they switched it all up and the new guy just torpedoed every single last thing about the book and it got canned. Mother of all fuck.
>>
>>81407645
I know right?
They need to give them to Marvel/Disney so they turn Bloodshot and Harbinger into quipfest comedies.
>>
>>81415114
Blame Milligan who took full advantage of Valiant giving the writers free reign over anything and everything. The only worthwhile contribution that he added was Punk Mambo, leaving Kindt to do an extensive clean-up with his "Operation: Deadside" arc with Ninjak

And bizarre enough, his Eternal Warrior: Days Of Steel mini was actually pretty decent
>>
>>81407645
As a Valiantfag, I'm on the fence. It might drive more readers to Valiant (maybe we can get 10 more? Double the fanbase) or it might make them a laughing stock.

I'm concerned t b h
>>
>>81410665
>They started developing the "Bloodshot" film even before the comics were relaunched.

http://www.ibtimes.com/valiant-entertainment-wants-break-marvel-dc-comics-duopoly-superhero-film-genre-1970418
>>
>>81416672
At last! I was starting to think you were bullshitting.
>>
>>81416084
I'm inclined to think that the films won't be received all that well, but then again, I could be wrong
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.