[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this the definitive Batman logo? Don't get me wrong,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: batman-logo-big.gif (35 KB, 2072x1225) Image search: [Google]
batman-logo-big.gif
35 KB, 2072x1225
Why is this the definitive Batman logo? Don't get me wrong, I genuinely do think it's the best, but why has this particular design stood the test of time and none of the others have?
>>
>>81405207
It was the one in the Burton movie.
>>
The yellow glow helps the bat stand out, it's vintage and fun.
>>
>>81405214
Best Batman movie, best logo. Makes sense.
>>
It's cartoony as hell. And that's a good thing.

It's definitive because it's so silly and not "realistic" that it's difficult to say "well actually I'd do this differently" while still keeping the orb itself.

You do see a little bit of variation between the comics and the Burton film. But otherwise, the symbol doesn't need any changing.
>>
File: tec 329.jpg (54 KB, 400x594) Image search: [Google]
tec 329.jpg
54 KB, 400x594
Who originally came up with the yellow circle?

I know it's identified with the Julius Schwartz 60's "grounded" revamp that Brought Bruce back to Gotham to fight gangsters and solve mysteries.
>>
>>81405207
It's simplified to the point of being a timeless design.
>>
>>81405226
>it's vintage

not sure if bait
>>
>>81405207
Because Batman had it for over 30 years, 4 movies, and a couple TV shows. That's a really long time for a design to ingrain itself into the public consciousness. Batman has had roughly the same new logo since about 2000, but will take a long time for it to override the "classic" logo.
>>
>>81405207
I dont know. It doesnt even look like a bat, and what I want to know what fucking bat looks like that thing that was french Batmans logo during Knightfall
>>
>>81407276
Carmine Infantino designed the logo.
>>
Focus on the yellow instead of the black and you can start to see why.
>>
File: mccloud-127.jpg (74 KB, 517x500) Image search: [Google]
mccloud-127.jpg
74 KB, 517x500
>>81408272
Read Understanding Comics and McClouds pages talking about symbols and how they work.

That's a bat.
>>
>>81408584

He really should credit Jung considering he's just copying and watering down one of the Man and His Symbols essays essentially word for word
>>
>>81408505
Oh

Now I see it.
>>
>>81408505
huh
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.