[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I was thinking of taking some time off work to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
Hey guys,
I was thinking of taking some time off work to make a graphic novel or two.

I have a story and genre in mind but I would really like to know what makes your favorite comics special to you. Really appreciate any help you guys can give me.
>>
Gore
>>
>>81404694
Yeah, I'm going to make it pretty dark. Gantz (the only manga I will ever read) was great because of how fucking brutal it was.
>>
>>81404682
When the artist draws actual weapons instead of shit he thought would look cool in the second grade.
>>
>>81404728
Im basing it heavily on dark fantasy with tiny amounts of steam punk for certain characters.
So expect blades and bows and the very rare flintlock.
>>
>>81404712
Nice!
Obviously memorable charachters make things good; so make up good Backgrounds for your characters, and develop them.
The bonds between characters that have been thru hell, and back with eachother is a strong connection to work on.
Good lore is great too.
I expect this on my desk by monday.
>>
>>81404741
Smooth or rifled bore on the flintlocks?
>>
>>81404818
Depends on the craftsmanship of the character that made the weapon. Why, does it make a notable difference?
>>
File: 1458564216047.jpg (176 KB, 800x1013) Image search: [Google]
1458564216047.jpg
176 KB, 800x1013
Also, I was looking at crowdfunding if I'm going to commit all my time to it. How many pages would be acceptable for a graphic novel if I were crowd funding for around 3-5k. The comic itself will be free on the web but i want to print hard back copies.
>>
>>81404862
Well, it can say a lot about the character's perceived skill both as a gunsmith and a shooter. If a dude was able to hit a man sized target at 200 yards 9/10 times with a smooth bore flint, that'd be more than impressive. But if a man were to hit a man sized target at 400 yards with a black powder rifle 9/10 times I'd expect that. And how long a flint has been used for will change the caliber of the projectile, this would take a few years for a .38to go to a .50.
>>
File: 1458564183557.png (184 KB, 505x606) Image search: [Google]
1458564183557.png
184 KB, 505x606
>>81405048
I have this character whose weapon is a revolver-ish weapon. The revolvers barrel is also the chamber and the bullets are the size of fingers. Only 3 shots though.
>>
Ill bump this for interest. For me it's probably a straightforward and not ridixulously far-fetched plot. Good art too.
>>
>>81405204
Its a straight forward revenge plot with multiple other stories connecting and crossing over it. Early on I was considering a slightly post apocolypse-ish world (based after a gigantic war that tore everything apart) leaving the Lords and Knights of the old world to fend for themselves. What do you think guys?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.