[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will they wise up and sack Zack the Hack? Marvel replaced Ant-Man's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 5
File: zack_primary.jpg (34 KB, 349x524) Image search: [Google]
zack_primary.jpg
34 KB, 349x524
Will they wise up and sack Zack the Hack?

Marvel replaced Ant-Man's director a week before filming started.
>>
>>81403586

unfortunately, idiots will flock to any Batshit so the movie made a ton of money and the execs at WB probably see his work as a great success

he will probably get his hands on more DC movies now actually
>>
It doesn't matter, the damage is done.
>>
>>81403619
The movie dropped 81% after a week, and this rate it won't make a billion and will be lucky to make any profit at all after overseas distributors' cuts are taken into account
>>
>>81403586
Contracts
>>81403641
Also this
>>
When left to his own devices he makes Sucker Punch. They should have known better.
>>
>>81403586
No one. With two terrible movies in what is supposed to be a franchise, not a single director would attach their name or credibility to this. She ship sunk at the dock. Hopefully the solo movies are good. But justice League is doomed to continue what MoS and BvS started. Polarizing at its best and putrid at its worst.
>>
I have absolutely no faith that WB will get rid of Zack. I think they'll continue with him out of sheer stubbornness and foolish pride.
>>
>>81403586
>Marvel replaced Ant-Man's director a week before filming started.
And the results were terrible
>b-but muh box office
No, OP.
>>
>>81403586
>this man slaps your ass and decides to direct your new superhero flick
What do
>>
>>81403586
>Marvel replaced Ant-Man's director a week before filming started.

Marvel could afford it because their films are made by their producers and not their directors. The closest thing WB has to Kevin Feige is Zack Snyder.
>>
>>81403947
>And the results were terrible
I disagree. Not strongly, but I posit that Ant-Man was a competent, uncomplicated picture that filled a niche in the market and schedule.
>>
>>81403947
Vastly superior to the shitshow that was BvS

>>b-but muh box office

Toppest of keks, I'm sure WB's shareholders are content to sit around and eat the shit Snyder hands them because muh artistic integrity
>>
They should have kept Edgar Wright, though. He was the single most talented person Marvel's ever had on their payroll and they dropped him because he didn't want to turn the film into a spinoff-peddling sideshow. I liked Ant-Man well enough, but it's a 7/10 movie that had the potential to stand equal to the best of the genre in terms of sheer quality. I think Simon Pegg said something to the effect of Edgar Wright's original script being the best Marvel's ever had, and watching any of his previous works makes me believe with absolute certainly that he wasn't exaggerating. Trying to compare a braindead, worthless cretin like Zack Snyder to a genuine talent like Edgar Wright is brutally incorrect at best and outright fucking insulting at worst.
>>
>>81404087
I'm not comparing Snyder to Wright

I'm just talking about the logistics of a director change
>>
>>81403586
pretty sure he's under contract for one more movie (JL). though if that bombs then he'll probably be taken off (by then it may already be too late)
they may try to reign him in on JL, tell him to add more jokes ect (they already doing the same to suicide squad)
>>
>>81404113
The contract's got to have a buyout clause

Jokes are all well and good, but if the underlying vision is total shit it won't matter
>>
>>81404087
Wright wanted Hank Pym to be evil. Fuck him.
>>
>>81404113
>tell him to add more jokes ect (they already doing the same to suicide squad)

when will this meme end?
>>
>>81404135
When DC can produce a decent movie without them
>>
>>81404122
too expensive and time consuming to buy him out. cheaper to let him rape jl but tell him what to do. then replace if jl isn't good enough with another director.
>>
>>81404158
It can't possibly be cheaper, though. If JL is good, it could make a ton of money, if it's bad, it'll get mediocre returns like BvS and further sink the franchise.
>>
>>81403947
>>81403980

WB canned Singer even though he (and Routh, etc.) had contracts for sequels. Of course, they didn't do right as a movie was about to start filming.

They will probably (as others have said since the reviews came in) put some baby sitters and strings on him. They will probably not let him edit the movie, since the biggest criticism (even from the positive reviews) was the continuity and cohesiveness of BvS. They already have lost their main screen writer for the second half and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't re-shoot parts of part 1 (or even push the slot, especially if they can throw in something else) and dump Snyder for the second part of JL.
>>
>>81404155
Nolan bats?

Also had nothing to do with quibs not being added to SS

>>81404284
>WB canned the director of Days of Future past for Snyder
>>
>>81404011
>>81404017
>any turd with the Marvel logo is good
lel
>>
>>81404284
T-H-I-S
>>
>>81404356
>any turd with the Marvel logo is better than BvS

FTFY
>>
#SackZacktheHack
>>
Too late for that, JL part 1 will still be made by Snyder.They'll get rid of him after though.
>>
>>81403586
Mad little marvelfaggot
>>
>entire board is flooded with tasteless marvelfaggots
Le sigh
>>
>>81403586
>>81403641
>>81403733

They can reboot the DCEU with flash point whenever they want. The question here is, is this guy still make money? If he still is then they go along with him, if not then reboot ditch the guy and find the new one.
>>
>>81404284
>Edgar Wright
>better director thsn Zack Snyder
This is what marveldrones actually believe.
>>
>>81405072
>is this guy still make money?
His movie is about to make a clean billion dollars. So take a wild guess.
>>
>>81405072
Whoops, forgot my sage.
>>
>>81405093
>about to make a clean billion dollars
Not with the 89% drop in China after week 1. It might not even make as much money as Iron Man 3 there.
>>
>it's literally a repeat of when Man of Steel came out
>a bunch of DC fans going "b-but muh box office" "b-buh muh viewer reviews" despite the movie being a complete blunder
What compels such blind worship of a brand?
>>
>>81405109
>believing bullshit fake news made up by Disney to undermine BvS
Stop believing everything you read on the Internet. A lot of people are on Disney's payroll. They will do everything to give this movie a bad name.

It's doing completely fine and will, like I said, easily make a billion dollars.
>>
>>81405109
China are the biggest shills ever, so that is kind of amazing.
>>
>>81405156
>it's literally a repeat of everytime a non-Marvel movie comes out
>a bunch of marveldrones going "ha ha our film made more money than yours"
>"ha ha our film has a higher critic rating than yours" despite the fact that Marvel movies are universally designed to appeal to the lowest common demoninator and even the best of them are middlingly good at most
What compels such blind worship of a brand?
>>
>>81405165
>legitimate box office reporting sites are in disneys pockes guys, BvS is really making billions i swear, my dad works at nintendo and he told me
its ok that a movie based on a property you liked was terrible. im a x-men/wolverine fan, and what do i have, x-men 2? all the rest were terrible
>>
>>81405202
You CAN agree that MoS and BvS were complete shit though right?
>>
>>81405251
Excep BvS was better than any Marvel movie thus far; I'm sorry you have garbage taste in movies, but that's your problem.

And if you seriously believe that any bad news about this movie comes from neutral, unbiased sources...

Well then you are exactly the type of person Marvel wants as their audience.

A moron.
>>
>>81405291
when did i say i liked marvel movies? i clearly said i only liked x-men 2. and you really think the sites reporting ticket sales are in disneys pockets and are scewing numbers? i think you might be lost from /x/ my friend
>>
>>81405291
This is sad, please stop
>>
>>81405262
Man of Steel is the best Superman movie ever made and represents the gold standard for action in superhero movies.

I think Bagman v. Sjperman was a step sown from it, but I much prefer a movie like than to the kind of stuff Marvel churns out.

Case in point: the last Marvel movie I cared to watch was Iron Man 3. If Civil War didn't have Spider-Man, I would not go see it.

Also because of Spider-Man, now I have to bother watching Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron. Thanks Obama...
>>
>>81405291
It's shitty reviews are all a part of a conspiracy against WB? Probably put together by the House of Mouse amirite?

TOP FUCKING KEK!
>>
File: 1448253014085.jpg (81 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1448253014085.jpg
81 KB, 900x506
>>81405291
>this is the kind of shitposting that will envelope /co/ for the next few years
>>
>>81405332
>you really think the sites reporting ticket sales are in disneys pockets and are scewing numbers
I KNOW they are.

Hell, Disney even has shills post here to make the competition look bad, like >>81405338

And >>81405262

The fact that you don't see this is thereason you and your ilk are Marvel's target audience.
>>
>>81405362
Hi mr. Geldman! How do you like your new employer?
>>
>>81405390
so...when WB only gets money transfered to their accounts that coincide with ticket sales that are announced by said sites ran by disney, does that mean disney is running the banks also, and stealing WB's money so they are only getting the amount that the tickets sold show? those fiends
>>
>>81405378
Well it turns out that /v/ was full of shills all this time.

It's no leap of logic that /co/, or for that matter the entertainment industry, would be full of shills as well.
>>
>>81405410
They get more money than the supposed "legit sources" tell you they get.

You'll see when the DCEU goes forward with Snyder at the helm without a hitch.

And then of course the anti-DC shitposting and thinkpieces will continue to gtow, but that's life when there's only room for one giant corporation to skewer the news about its industry in its favor.

Oh well, good DC movies will keep getting made, and if that makes you animals salty, that's all the better for me.
>>
>>81404087
Edgar Wright is a great director but a mediocre ideas man. The Cornetto Trilogy came out great due to Pegg and Frost, but the man should never be allowed to have total creative control over a project.
>>
I wonder how long the "Disney is manipulating EVERYTHING" conspiracy theory will go on for
>>
>>81403661
Saturdays box office total is around 22 million making the Saturday to Saturday a 45% drop. Bringing the overall weekend drop to 69%, so far.
>>
>>81405533
At least Baby Driver is going to be GOAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfrcZsKcVxU
>>
>>81405577
Depends. When does "Captain Marvel" come out?
That will be the true test of how willing critics and audiences are to take Disney's mouse cock and pretend they're getting fucked by a horse.
>>
>>81405724
I've heard this before, probably the same guy since I can only assume the person who thinks this hard of a conspiracy theory has to be that person

Why specifically Captain Marvel?
>>
>>81405533
Yeah, it's pure coincidence that the man pisses excellence and everything he's directed has been aces. He does good work with good people, and SURPISE, it all turns out good. It's almost like there's a pattern...
>>
>>81405746
To be honest, I'm not as deep into the conspiracy as some other people. I just feel more that bringing console wars to the DCEU/MCU sets a dangerous precedent for future superhero movies by denying a lack of creative potential. Say what you will about the Snyder films, but at least he's trying to make something he can be proud to say is a film he made, and not just a film he directed.

As for Captain Marvel, the evidence I've seen so far doesn't paint a pretty picture. They don't have a director (Black Panther's director has been chosen, despite that film releasing after CM), the release date has been pushed back I believe twice at this point, and the source material itself, the recent "Captain Marvel" series starring Carol Danvers, is already considered shit by people who actually read comics.

It looks to be a mess from every angle. Sure, it'll probably be rewritten to hell and hardly resemble the comics, but it doesn't give me much hope.

On another note, ever notice how Marvel fans were laughing at DC for failing to release a Wonder Woman movie even after Marvel released "Guardians of the Galaxy", then never made another peep after "Wonder Woman" was announced?
>>
>>81405819
No because they're still laughing at DC for casting Gadot.
>>
>>81405724
Not even Disney can make people give a shit about Carol. Skip ahead to Kamala.
>>
>>81405851
Yet there is still no casting for Captain Marvel.
>>
>>81405872
Captain Marvel will always be Billy.

At this rate their movies will go head to head.
>>
>>81405896
I just hope to hear anything more about the Shazam movie soon. It's essentially in development hell, despite a release date being given some time ago.
>>
>>81405072
>They can reboot the DCEU with flash point whenever they want.
No they cant retard.
>>
>>81405291
>One half of an American dollar has been deposited to your bank account.
>>
>>81405896
True dat. Can see it happening, Captain Marvel and Shazam in cinemas within the same year. Imagine that. Still a piss take with the naming though, he finally gets the proper big screen treatment and can't use his original name.

>>81405909
I reckon the only reason they announced having Dwayne Johnson attached so early was to help attract heads and money to the project. We know it's a joint venture between WB and New Line Cinema and may be separate from the DCEU, at least in tone. Info has been so scarce thus far though that they really must be in the very early planning stages still.
>>
>>81405072
You haven't even read Flashpoint have you?
>>
>>81405792
>World's End
>good
>>
>>81406180
It may be a case like Ant-Man where they had plans pre-DCEU, and now they have to make it all fit together.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
>>
>>81405792
>Scott Pilgrim
>good
If by good you mean pretentious hipster garbage that totally missed the point of the source material then sure
>>
>>81404129
>wuh wuh muh canon muh characters
you are a fucking retard if you care more about how true to the comics a film is than how good it is
>>
>>81403586
Too many damaged has been done by Snyder and his gang so I don't think anyone want to be a part of DCEU at this point.I think they might go along with him until JL 2 then maybe we'll get a reboot.

With MoS and BvS, DCEU is very unfuckable.
>>
It's probably going to scratch a billion:

http://variety.com/2016/film/box-office/box-office-batman-v-superman-1201744334/

But only JUST.
>>
>>81407380
Half the fucking point of superhero films is how faithful they are to the source material. There's always wiggle room, but if you're gonna deviate so much, you may as well just make an original IP.
>>
>>81403586

I hope not, I'm tired of nerfed characters, quips and self-irony.
>>
>>81405819

I'm generally more marvel than DC, but I'm sad at the relatively shit DCU stuff coming.

I'm still holding hope for Suicide Squad, but the recent news is all reshoots to be lighter which... I mean if there was one film the aesthetic of grim and gritty would suit it's Suicide Squad surely.
>>
>>81408750
>It's probably going to scratch a billion:

WB is overestimating Sunday's gross again this week like it did last week. Last week WB did it so it could make headlines saying it was the WB's biggest movie and when the actual box office on Monday came it, it wasnt and Harry Potter was still #1. This week WB is overestimating again but it is so BvS wont make headlines with the following :

"BvS drops 70%. Biggest Drop for a comic book movie".
>>
>>81405072
>They can reboot the DCEU with flash point whenever they want.

Why do people think there is any reason to reboot? Batman has gone back to his roots and the public criticism for superman diminished after he sacrificed himself. Neither Superman nor Batman weren't the edge all the time because they wanted to but due to circumstances.
>>
Fuck off it's still making tons of money at the box office.
>>
File: TTA54_WaspStory.jpg (53 KB, 293x289) Image search: [Google]
TTA54_WaspStory.jpg
53 KB, 293x289
>>81403947

Ant-Man was basically the best Ant-Man movie any fan could ask for.

He was an ant-sized man! He did cool stuff. That's all it had to be.
>>
>>81409006
>Fuck off it's still making tons of money at the box office.

Spend tons of $$$ to make a movie and just break-even? That isnt how investing works.
>>
File: Scott_Lang_Criminal_9024.png (150 KB, 349x391) Image search: [Google]
Scott_Lang_Criminal_9024.png
150 KB, 349x391
>>81409021
>no Pym-man
I doubt it. Did they at least heavily emphasize Scott's relationship to his daughter or was it just "lel funnay comedy"? That's the primary thing of interest about Scott, though still not to the extent that he's more interesting than Pym.

Turning Pym into an old man seems pretty unforgivable, as well as seemingly be the biggest "fuck you" to the character so far (this is saying something; they've done a lot of shit but they've never taken away his role as an Avenger), which is why I've been hesitant to even watch it.
>>
>>81409224

>Turning Pym into an old man seems pretty unforgivable, as well as seemingly be the biggest "fuck you" to the character so far

I think even the people who really disliked it on /co/ admitted Michael Douglas as Pym was great.
>>
>>81404087
Edgar Wright threw a tantrum at the thought of having to include scenes that tied his movie to any other Marvel movie or incorporate existing characters from other movies so it was a wise idea to can the guy.
>>
>>81409462
Don't forget, after putting off the movie for 6 years
>>
File: TTA50_vsHumanTop2.jpg (184 KB, 542x531) Image search: [Google]
TTA50_vsHumanTop2.jpg
184 KB, 542x531
>>81409224
>Did they at least heavily emphasize Scott's relationship to his daughter or was it just "lel funnay comedy"? That's the primary thing of interest about Scott, though still not to the extent that he's more interesting than Pym.

Scott's relationship with Cassie is at the forefront of the story, and parallel's Hank's relationship with his daughter Hope.

>Turning Pym into an old man seems pretty unforgivable, as well as seemingly be the biggest "fuck you" to the character so far (this is saying something; they've done a lot of shit but they've never taken away his role as an Avenger), which is why I've been hesitant to even watch it.

Pym was always going to be older, Wright had settled on thematically keeping Pym locked in his communist-busting Tale to Astonish days.

And Douglas was great as Pym.
>>
>>81409224
>doubt it. Did they at least heavily emphasize Scott's relationship to his daughter
Dude, Scott's relationship to his daughter is what drives him through the entire movie. And it's what allows him to connect with Pym

Also old man Hank was great, was probably the star of the movie, and was better than whatever Wright wanted to do with him. I don't know what that was but he wanted him to be evil. That would have been a bigger fuck you
>>
No. WB is incapable of good decision making. For some reason, they went full retard after The Dark Knight and never looked back.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.