[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warner Bros. is asking you what to do with the next DCCU film.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: WARNER BROS EXECUTIVES.jpg (68 KB, 1024x523) Image search: [Google]
WARNER BROS EXECUTIVES.jpg
68 KB, 1024x523
Warner Bros. is asking you what to do with the next DCCU film. They're giving you the greenlight to make the next DC movie. You must have this movie successful. Anything goes. What would it be?
>>
>>81393705
We make The Dark Knight

But with Aquaman
>>
>>81394000
We make Guardians of the Galaxy

But with Batman
>>
>>81396061
we make it like Gone with the Wind
but with Batman.
>>
We don't. Put more focus on the television shows and focus on the multiverse with different shows on different channels
>>
Cancel all live-actions projects.
>>
>>81393705
Batman V Batman.

See >>81395236
>>
>>81393705
I guarantee, I 100% GUARANTEE that the Aquaman movie is going to make some reference to how normies think Aquaman is lame even though in Aquaman's universe there's no reason for people to think he sucks.
>>
Do White Martians

Armie Hammer is Batman (love affleck but want someone younger)

Jason Mamoa is still Aquaman with same look but he's outrageous. People are gonna expect them to try to make aquaman cool and it will just come off as desperate. Make him pretty much comic book Thor

No Cyborg, have Manhunter who lives on Earth as a black man

Superman smiles
>>
>>81393705
>>81393705
>What would it be?

A New Gods sci fi epic.

Think Ben Hur-scale but in Apokolips.

Its last 30 mins would happen in earth and feature a fully-formed JL but no Superman. It ends on a cliffhanger that hints Superman has arrived (but he is never shown).
>>
File: hive.jpg (42 KB, 480x358) Image search: [Google]
hive.jpg
42 KB, 480x358
>>81393705
A Hive Five movie.

Sort of a Suicide Squad approach. A group of super villains comprised of Mammoth, Jinx, Gizmo, Kid Wicked, Plasmus and Firefly are trained and brainwashed by a cult known as the Hive to commit crimes for rewards and political immunity in return.

Mammoth is played by a guy with Gigantism maybe Big Show from WWE idk, Plasmus is a big CGI monster, Jinx is Indian like her comic book version but is dressed similarly to the animated Jinx and Firefly is a female with 80% of her body heavily burnt. Deathstroke (played by Will Smith) has a prominent role as the Hive Five's commander but goes under the alias "Slade".

The Titans are not present throughout the movie as they are not been formed yet but we see Raven as a Hive student.

The film will be R-rated.
>>
>>81397030
Why is Will Smith playing Deathstroke? He's already playing Deadshot.
>>
>>81393705
But I'm just a gas station attendant!
>>
>>81397119
Oh shit, I honestly thought he was supposed to be Deathstroke is Suicide Squad.

Shit, okay um have some random guy play Deathstroke/Slade but have Ron Perlman do the voice over.
>>
reboot the GL franchise, and do the sinestro corps war.
>>
>>81393705
look at what Nolan did that people liked.
try to apply it to the other characters.
i.e. fuck Snyder, get someone who gives a shit about the characters.
>>
>>81399819
>look at what Nolan did that people liked.
Bane?
>>
>>81399929
If I had the choice I'd make Bane fucking South American.
>>
File: John-Cena-coomo-Shazam.jpg (513 KB, 800x977) Image search: [Google]
John-Cena-coomo-Shazam.jpg
513 KB, 800x977
Make Nolan our Feige.
>Fast track Captain Marvel
>market him as Shazam
>Cast a popular beefcake as Captain Marvel
>Have someone from JL approach him about joining but leave his answer vague
>keep his films as a separate thing from the JL series (think what Guardians is to the Avengers)
>Kids are dressing up as "Shazam" for Halloween
>>
>>81400240
>mfw hoping that this movie will be more like a superman movie then the actual superman movies.
though it's DC and WB, I don't have much of it.
>>
>>81393705
A Nightwing movie that will eventually lead to a Teen Titans movie. Cast Armie Hammer as Nightwing because the poor man could really use the break.
>>
>>81400388
>Armie Hammer
>6'5
>Taller than Affleck
>cast him as Nightwing
>>
>>81400449
...That could work.
>>
>>81393705
>They're giving you the greenlight to make the next DC movie. You must have this movie successful. Anything goes.

>You must have this movie successful

It's a Batman movie.

The villain is the Joker.
>>
>>81396739
>No Cyborg, have Manhunter who lives on Earth as a black man
>Superman smiles

These two. God damn I just want the classic line up.

Fuck it, make Hal black if you want a black character, but give me the classic seven.
>>
File: 1444577401584.jpg (25 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
1444577401584.jpg
25 KB, 600x451
If Snyder is dropped and Justice League is put on perminate hiatus, here is what I would do to salvage the situation.

Give us Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman as is.

Aquaman.
-Mera & AM already in a happy loyal relationship like the new 52 so no early ackward romance like the Thor movies and no possibility of breaking up.
-Have very little of it take place above water.

Superman & Wonder Woman
Directed by Cary Fukunaga?

-Have Cavill mostly drop the Alienated monotone vibe, I think people will never accept him if he does not.
-Have much of the first half of the film be him & Diana traveling the world helping people in all walks of life and cultures. Have this stuff mostly be happy and clearly very enjoyable for himself and most of those he encounters. Have Diana bond with Lois.
-Have Faora pull herself out of the Phantom Zone in Metropolis and has amnesia. The Military won't risk trying to contain her so they hand her over to Diana who takes her to Themyscira to start anew.
-Clark resumes helping others and helping Lois on assignment.
-Faora slowly regains her memory in secret and wishes revenge on Superman for forsaking Krypton.
-She sexually seduces another resentful magic learned Amazon to help her free Cronus (who looks EXACTLY like his Pre-New 52 version) or the New 52's Lapetus
-Who alongside Faora inevitably Battles Clark & Diana on Themyscira.
-Faora sacrifices herself to save her Amazonian lover.
-Cronus/Lapetus is cast into Oblivion and while the Olympians appreciate them containing the Titan, his death demands a judgment and sacrifice, they demand Clark's Power and Diana is going to instead give up her Immortality but before she can, Hypoloyata gives up her own. (This is not fatal it just means she will age naturally)
>>
>>81400616
>manhunter is black
Why not add Steel to the league too so there and be a black dude named John, a black dude named John, and a black dude named John
>>
>>81396739
>People are gonna expect them to try to make aquaman cool and it will just come off as desperate
What the fuck does this mean?
Just have him have the exact same characterization as the new 52.
>>
>>81393705
R rated Lobo.
Hire Danny Trejo
>>
>>81393705

I would pick Superman

* No retelling of Superman's origin story. At best Superman's origin is told through the opening credits and that's it. Probably hire Alex Ross to create the art to be used in them.

* Set up will be something of a Year One story. Superman is relatively new to the world, doing good deeds here and there but trying to find ways to gain humanity's trust.

* Villains will be Lex Luthor and Metallo. Lex will actually start off genuinely trying to befriend Superman. They both believe that people of great power and wealth have a responsibility to guide humanity into becoming something better. However Lex feels that the means justify the end. He's willing to get his hands dirty if that's what it take. The turning point occurs when Superman grants Lex access to the Kryptonian ship that brought him to Earth early in the film. Right away Lex wants to make the Kryptonian technology available to the people of Earth. Superman feels that humanity needs to earn it, learn to create it on their own vs. having someone just hand all the answers to them. Lex feels that Superman is naive and trying to deny humanity its rightful place among the stars. He proceeds to experiment on it on the ship in secret. During the experiment it malfunctions and Lex is exposed to the power core. During his recovery he finds out that he has cancer and a year or so to live, and of course blames it all on Superman.
>>
>>81401123

John Corben, he works for a PMC (Private Military Company), doing a tour in the Middle East Corben mistakes a refugee camp as a terrorist training site and orders his unit to fire on it. However Superman comes in and prevents the massacre from happening but Corben is very upset and feels that Superman stepped in to embarrass him. Second time he encounters Superman is when John's unit is ambushed and while Superman is saving the lives of his men. Corben refuses to be upstaged by an alien rushes into battle and ends up severely injured. When Corben recovers in a hospital he is covered in burns, crippled form the neck down, missing his legs and his right arm. He blames Superman for his condition believing that Superman escalated a situation into a hostile one.

During this time Luthor approaches Corben and informs him of a project that he wants to get started on. Luthor tells Corben that he realizes that Superman is bad for humanity. He tells Corben that mankind should not be looking to someone not from the same planet to guide them. That if the human race has to look up to a savior then that savior has to be human or created by humans. Lex tells Corben that he wants to create his own Superman, and he wants Corben to be it. Of course Corben agrees to this and ends up becoming Metallo.
>>
>>81400718
You mean J'onn, John, and Johnny?
>>
>>81401150

* The final battle is during a Lexcorp presentation of Metallo. Lex makes it an extravagant affair, he has the media present, and invites the public. It starts off smooth when Metallo is introduced and shrugs off the live ammo and dishes out his own brand of punishment on various drones and dummies. However Metallo takes notice of Olsen wearing a t-shirt with the Superman logo on it and it sets him off. Metallo becomes angry and lashes out. Superman soon arrives and tries to reason with Metallo but he doesn’t care. At this point Metallo believes that the only way he can become Superman is to kill him and take his place.

The battle starts off with Superman with the upper hand however it changes when he knocks off Metallo’s chest plate and exposes his power core. It’s a modified version of the rocket’s power core but this time it has a green glow to it. Superman starts to weaken and has trouble standing up to Metallo, who takes notice of this. An evil smile appears on Metallo’s face when one of his punches draws Superman’s blood. Superman tries to keep his distance but Metallo counters this by picking up large debris and hurling it at innocent civilians or hacking the Lexcorp drones and orders them to fire on everyone. Superman manages to save them but each time he does this Metallo jumps in and continues his assault over and over.
>>
>>81401184

During the Battle Lois and Olsen are trapped, trying to get free. Metallo takes notice and he marches towards them with the intent to kill them. Superman seeing this summons whatever reserves of strength he has left and puts himself between Metallo and Lois. Metallo laughs at his gesture and lunges at Superman. Metallo puts Superman in a bearhug and proceeds to crush him to death. However Superman manages to get one of his arms free, holding a jagged piece of metal. He stabs it into Metallo’s chest as he tries to dislodge the power core from it. Metallo realizes what Superman is up to tries to knock him away but Superman refuses to let go. Superman finally manages to get his hand on the power core and starts to pull it out. Metallo rains blow after blow but Superman refuses to let go of the power core and continues to pull it out of Metallo’s chest. Soon Metallo pleads with Superman not to do this. Telling him that if he pulls that core out that he would be killing a human being, the race he swore to protect, Superman responds by saying that Corben stopped being a human being a long time ago and finally manages to remove the power core. Metallo shuts down and Superman drops to the ground.

Lois and Olsen finally free themselves and rush over to Superman. Lois wraps her jacket over the power core and throws it as far as possible away from Superman. She goes to Superman’s prone body and at first it looks like he sacrificed his life but Superman slowly recovers.
>>
>>81401223

* Final scene, Lex is in his office as he watches various news reports of the Metallo Fiasco. Mercy Graves walks in and informs him of the legal troubles this will cause him. Lex responds by saying that he was the one who got all the judges and the District Attorney of Metropolis their job. So he has nothing to worry about. Soon he walks off , with Mercy following, to a corridor with a mirrored door. A panel opens up and Lex places his hand on it. It opens to a secret lab as various scientists are going about doing their thing. Soon a scientist walks up to him and hands him a small plastic bag. Lex holds it up to his face and inside is a cotton swab with blood, Superman's blood from his battle with Metallo, all over it.
>>
>>81401272

Things I would change

The Daily Planet goes from Newspaper to a TV News station, called Planet News, owned by a media broadcast company.

* Perry White is the owner of the company, Planet Media, and at first is primarily interested in sensationalism. At first he doesn’t care if the news that he broadcasts lack facts or very biased in a sponsor's or politician's favor. However at the end of the movie Perry realizes that he has lost his way and realizes that he has an obligation to tell news stories that have the facts checked out and minimal bias. He no longer cares if the stories will cost him sponsors or political favors.

* Lois Lane is an investigative field reporter and one of the best working for Planet News. Perry wants her to be anchorwoman because he feels that her looks would draw in more of the younger male viewers. It’s also the same reason why he hires Clark. He thinks that Clark would draw in more female viewers. Lois at first will be very critical of Superman. She doesn’t believe in heroes and her reports about him question if he’s truly an ally to the Human race. However she changes her mind at the end when Superman is willing to sacrifice his life to stop Metallo.

* Jimmy Olsen, I would change into Jenny Olsen, a transgender employee of Planet News. She mostly handles Planet News website and runs a blog under it. She will be the only one that believes that Superman is a true hero.
>>
Green Lantern. I'm bold.
>>
>>81400513

Accurate

>>But seriously

Legion of Superheroes

Embrace the camp, the 60s silliness, the goofiness, make it CGI, make the viewpoint character a normal human who wants to join and has to contend with MATTER EATER LAD for membership.
>>
File: ring shit.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
ring shit.gif
2 MB, 320x180
Green Lantern movie, but fuck Earth, put Hal or Kyle, or whoever out in space doing ring shit.
>>
File: I don't even.gif (490 KB, 200x320) Image search: [Google]
I don't even.gif
490 KB, 200x320
>>81401323
>Jenny Olsen, a transgender employee
And you were doing so well.
>>
File: Alan Moore.jpg (32 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Alan Moore.jpg
32 KB, 460x276
We tear it down. Tear it down and start all over again
>>
>>81401528

It's got to have its one controversial casting choice. Why not that one. Plus it's not this is Jimmy's first time with drag.
>>
Green Lantern Movie
Centers around Hal and John, who have already been lanterns for some time now. They're thwarting Sinestro, but learn about the impending Darkseid threat against earth. Now there is internal conflict, Hal thinks they have to go help their home and prepare earth. John, the marine, says they have a duty to the corps, which protects the entire galaxy, not just one planet. They fight over this verbally, and maybe even physically, but reconcile by the end. They make a compromise: Hal returns to earth, and meets up with the justice league.
John stays with the Corps in space.
>>
>>81393705
I'll postpone it until after JL
I want a Superman film with Brainiac in it, but styled after a Terminator 2 like suspenseful duel more than anything
>>
Fuck the live action movie universe. Go for big budget theatrical animated movies.
>>
>>81400240
But Nolan was fucking bored with capeshit, anon. Just let him go and do whatever he want.
>>
>>81393705
Leave Wonder Woman alone (assuming it is coming across as good as it sounds). Add something about the New Gods, just a hint.

Dump Snyder/current draft of JL Part 1. Have Aquaman show Mera/Arthur as a happy couple, spend first third showcasing Atlantis, and two thirds with a cross-over villains being Batfleck and Clark as MoS and BvS universe is actually Earth 3, except they aren't called Owlman and Ultramen, they are essentially Mirror-verse versions (ala Star Trek).

Use a Crisis on Multiple Earths story-line that carries over into a Flash movie (using Barry, Wally and Jay - with main story being some nice simple Rouges multi-villain plot -- see beginning of the Flashpoint animated movie, but comprising first third of the movie, except it's Wally and then Barry comes in to save his bacon, no JL.

Then we see glimpses of Earth 1 (with an older Supes, married to Lois, with a child; likewise an older Batman with a proper Dick Grayson Robin, etc., etc.) that Jay Garrick is from and he comes and recruits Wally and Barry to save the day, which involves a multiversal incursion coming to Barry's Earth 2 that (fans will know the foreshadowing, casuals will just know there's a multiple earth shattering Big Bad coming) we find out in JL movie involves the New Gods. Cavill and Affleck play the good guys on Earth 2. Barry is the Flash on E2. Arthur's movie is set in E2 (we find out by the end of Flash solo).

Amazons (Themyscira) are already in an alternate dimension and can phase shift to all three Earth's. Her mom can be the older E1 Wonder Woman (played by whomever is playing her in the WW movie).

Once we get to Justice League the New Gods are the same in every dimension, so there is no need to use a mirror cast. The bits and pieces shown in all the movies (something will need to be shown in WW and Aquaman, and being on point by Flash solo for hardcore fans).
>>
>>81400240
Nolan was the person who OKed everything Goyer wrote (and The Cereal King was the one who brought his buddy David on-board) and Snyder decided for MoS.

So, NO.

Plus, he has no interest. John's is supposed to be the Feige for all non-comic book stuff, which includes any live action stuff. He seems to have some sway with Berlanti, less so with the folks who did Constantine and Gotham, for example. And he doesn't really seemed to be listened to much for the DC cinematic universe. But yeah, someone overseeing would mean consistency (e.g. Marvel house style) which I would prefer to be more logic, tone, continuity, etc.
>>
File: hal jordan punches out bats.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1945) Image search: [Google]
hal jordan punches out bats.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1945
>>81393705
I have 3 demands.
1 - The movie can not be all about Batman. If Batman takes up more than a 1/4 of the film, I'm out.
2 - The characters have to actually Interact. I don't care if they quip or not, they just have to have conversations, not just yell their opinions at each other and fly away.
3 - There has to be a scene in the film where Hal Jordan straight up punches the fuck out of Batman. Non-Negotiable.
>>
>>81404757
>one punch

Guy still hates Bats for last time.
>>
>>81393705
I make the New Frontier into a feature film. I show them a world conquering hate and anxiety alongside heroic individuals both God and Man. I have Batman and Superman shake hands in friendship, and I tell people "we can make the world a better place."
>>
Brokeback Mountain but with Nightwing and Bruce
>>
With the events of the last movies, it's a perfect time to do Reign of the Supermen.

A version of Steel done right can represent a more idealistic and hopeful version of Superman who's trying to keep a symbol of hope alive in an increasingly dour and dark universe, without modifying the existing universe or characters too much. The other Supermen add a bit of ambiguity, make civilians question of Superman ever was all that good, and whether more violent methods are needed in the GRIM DARKNESS OF THE REAL WORLD.

And of course, there's a lot more fighting of small-time criminals between this.

This gives fans of the previous films more of the deeeep moral questions, use of Superman as a symbol, and rides off what little shock the last ending had. Non-fans the chance to see a kill-happy Superman get beaten up.
>>
>Delay JL production 4 to 6 weeks, get a new director, make it less "dark" and easier to follow but make sure to not make it like a marvel movie. Budget $250 million
>Make Aquaman get the final hit/kill on the villain in the JL movie and make sure he has many key action scenes to get the public to like him, if this fails cancel the Aquaman solo movie
>Delay JL2 by a year, while you make a Batman solo movie and a Superman solo movie with a sub $200 million budget based on What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & the American Way? or the Brainiac arc
>If Wonder Woman is a hit do a sub $50 million Black Canary and/or Zatanna movie
>Sub $20 million R rated Question movie
>Sub $30 million R rated horror like Spectre movie
>Make sure Flash has no dumb looking facial hair, also make him the "funny" one
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.