[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (671 KB, 1236x1843) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
671 KB, 1236x1843
What went right?
>>
I feel so bad for early 2000's comics. They just had no idea about digital art/coloring.
>>
>>81393243
This book was gorgeous though?
>>
>>81393333
Generally yes, but it has weird quirks that probably wouldn't have been there if they were publishing a few years earlier/later.
>>
It was written by someone who in a very real sense had no loyalty or compunction to the world built up by Claremont and the 90s, but also tried to expand on it. It and the District X books were some of the last to actually posit that mutants had a distinct and vibrant culture, that there were mutant fashion designers, a mutant Genosha which the destruction of was a wonderful catalyst for change without ruining a franchise, and also wasn't afraid to answer questions, even if it shouldn't.

"But no really, the reason humanity hates mutants is because of a sentient virus"
>>
>>81393333
>This book was gorgeous though
> New X-Men

Some of the worst fill in art I've seen, pretty sure the fill in guys did more issues than Quietly too
>>
>run that gave us Omega gang
>good
>>
I only really liked the murder mystery arc
>>
>>81397680
>implying riot at Xavier's wasn't the best arc of this book/one of the best in this franchise
>>
>>81397850
I like the U-Men a lot. It's a nice new spin on the anti mutant groups the X-Men fight.
>>
>>81397680
>pleb alert
>>
Episodic feel let the writer flesh out the fuckig huge roster of titans without it falling into the typical "it's a wolverine/cyclops story with side characters". Multiple arcs made it feel like it progressed. Character development without fear of the status quo (which came back to fuck the run in the ass). Weird at times but lovely art.
>>
>>81397355
Kordey is a fantastic artist, but just like Quitely his work isn't for everyone.
>>
>>81392823
nothing. it was worse than austen's run
>>
File: New_X-Men_Vol_1_127.jpg (614 KB, 1024x1637) Image search: [Google]
New_X-Men_Vol_1_127.jpg
614 KB, 1024x1637
>>81392823

>Great designs.
>Good lineup of new/old characters.
>Quitely.
>Nice histories.
>Great decisions to revitalize the franchise; walking Xavier, X-Corporation, U-Men, Sublime, Xorn's Class, Genocidal Magneto, finally dead Jean...

One of those comics from the beginning of the last decade that make me believe in all the possibilities that we have this century.

>2002-2008 was the best time for Marvel, but due to the continuous mistreating to the good writers that they managed to hire and to the bad decisions related to the PC culture, all is lost.

Do you guys remember when you could go to the LCS and pick up the latest Straczynski's and Bendis Spiderman, Morrison's New-Xmen, Milligan's X-Statix, Millar's Ultimates and Ennis Punisher?

I miss that.
>>
He actually focused on the SCHOOL aspect of X-men, something that was completely neglected before. Also made the whole 'mutants are a minority allegory' a central part of his stories. He also put Jean in the ground, for that he deserves our thanks.
>>
>>81393243
Nah, they did. Quietly just had consistently awful art in that book.
>>
>>81403545
>Do you guys remember when you could go to the LCS and pick up the latest Straczynski's and Bendis Spiderman, Morrison's New-Xmen, Milligan's X-Statix, Millar's Ultimates and Ennis Punisher?
It was all about Brubaker's Cap for me.
>>
>>81393333
The art was downright atrocious at times. It's a shame that such a landmark X-Men run was marred by shitty art.
>>
More than what went wrong.
>>
>>81403627
Tell us and your day you plebian faggot.
>>
>>81392823

Morrison and his chaos magick
>>
where can I find this?
>>
Magneto becoming evil again. Fuck Marvel for undoing that
>>
>>81405522
You can't have a jew being evil, anon. That's like 5 holocausts in one.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.