[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did comic fans actually enjoy this movie? I keep hearing people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: bvsquad1[1].jpg (202 KB, 974x725) Image search: [Google]
bvsquad1[1].jpg
202 KB, 974x725
Did comic fans actually enjoy this movie? I keep hearing people say that it was "made for the fans" and if you didn't read comics you wouldn't enjoy it. You guys agree with this? I'm a comic fan and I thought they completely butchered the characters.
>>
>>81389563
I feel like every normie has become an expert on comics all of a sudden. Whenever someone complains they'll bring up an issue from the 1800s and say that defines the character. Such a disappointment.
>>
File: 1455464314821.jpg (17 KB, 309x327) Image search: [Google]
1455464314821.jpg
17 KB, 309x327
I've been reading comics for 19 years and I fucking hated it.
>>
>>81389563
>I keep hearing people say that it was "made for the fans" and if you didn't read comics you wouldn't enjoy it.
Probably just a bunch of people who have never read the comics but for some reason want other people to think they know shit.
>>
>>81389563
Ive been reading comics for 15 years and I liked it. I think if you are versed in the New Gods lore youll enjoy it more.

I dont get your argument that it ruined the characters. Superman was in turmoil the whole movie. Batman was Batman. Before you say he killed anyone he didnt. Negligence is not intent and old Batman is always negligible, even in Batman Beyond. WW wasn't really that fleshed out so they didnt ruin her either and fighting wise she held her own. So please elaborate how it ruined them.
>>
>>81389563

I'm a comic fan and thought it was pretty great and is getting unfairly shit on.
>>
I've only seen the Nolan and Burton batman films and I thought it was brilliant.
Notmuhbootmanfags who only read comics who hated it are just jaded losers that nothing will ever be good enough for.
Sorry you can't enjoy a quality movie that goes beyond the typical comic book trope shit.
>>
File: 1438824635485.png (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1438824635485.png
24 KB, 500x500
>>81389563
>I keep hearing people say that it was "made for the fans"
literally casuals getting some references and then acting like pretentious "nerds"
the movie was shit regardless of some irrelevant easter eggs and references
>>
>>81389870
>Before you say he killed anyone he didnt

I thought Batman's arc and Affleck's performance was the highlight of this movie but even I think that's horseshit. Bitches died as a direct result of Batman's actions. He just didn't give a shit about addressing any of the situations he was in nonlethally because he had become callous regarding human life (most prominently his own).
>>
>>81389563
I enjoyed it but I treat all non-Prime Earth/E0 media as an elseworld so I'm always open to knew interpretations of characters.

Editing was shit tho
>>
I've not heard a single positive thing about this movie outside of /co/, but I can't tell if that's because /co/ just knows better as people who have actually read the comics or are just being contrarian because this is 4chan.
>>
>>81389946
So you might say then he was negligible but wasn't going out of his way to kill them?

Fucking faggot you just inadvertently agreed with me.
>>
File: 1458876340773.jpg (141 KB, 328x398) Image search: [Google]
1458876340773.jpg
141 KB, 328x398
>>81389991
>/co/ just knows better as people who have actually read the comics
>>
>>81389870
>only kills because of negligence
Dude literally rams into a guys car with a tank and then spins him around, thrashing and grinding him into nothingness just for shits and giggles. Besides that they turned Batman into an idiot. For example, when people were blaming superman for the deaths of those people Batman couldn't tell that superman doesn't shoot people? The whole 1% speech made 0 sense too. If there's a one percent chance that that dude at the park is a predator Batman should go whoop his ass? Batman completely opposes Superman ideologically but once he hears Martha they're best friends now? Such bullshit. And Alfred, Batman's moral compass doesn't even give a shit? "Oh you're branding people now that's cool I guess."The only redeeming thing was Afflecks performance.

Superman is supposed to care about people, this guy literally puts a warlord through a fucking wall and smiles about it. He can save Lois and knows shes in trouble in a different continent but he can't hear his own mother being kidnapped? And aside from that he's not much of a character at all, what does he say of importance? Nothing. All you do is see him moping around the whole film. Superman stands for the greater good and he's an inspiration for everyone around him to be a better person. This guys is just a sad cunt in a suit.

>>81389907
Nolan wasn't like comic batman either and I enjoyed those films. The movie is shit not because of tropes but because the editing was shit, and had no character development.
>>
>>81389563
The blatant DKR quotes were so obviously shoehorned

Snyder cannot into subtlety
>>
>>81389563
Of course I did. It's a different take on the characters in a new universe but they're still very recognizable. Fuck hack critics.
>>
>>81389563
>I'm a comic fan and I thought they completely butchered the characters.
you typing that means you fail to understand comic books and probably arent a real fan
>>
>>81390290
Shut your slut mouth
>>
>>81389870
>I think if you are versed in the New Gods lore youll enjoy it more.

I can only remember 3 times where there was a reference that normies might miss.

1. The omega symbol in the sand
2. The parademons
3. The Mother Box

Knowing those three things myself didn't impact whether I enjoyed the movie or not.
>>
>>81390290
Am I overestimating people on their home board again?
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 442x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 442x332
>>81390423
>Dont mind me just fucking with Lex's head.
>>
>>81390423

From what I've heard a lot of normies also didn't catch the Flash and didn't know what character he was supposed to be.
>>
But will I enjoy it as someone who has mostly just watched the two 90s cartoons?
>>
>>81390400
>here is no argument or explanation. I'm right you're wrong.
>>
>>81390490
bits and pieces are enjoyable but not overall.
>>
>>81390547
Yeah that was pretty much the vibe I got.
>>
>>81390470
If I was Snyder and wanted to go full pottery I woulda shown lightning striking the cave in front of the full moon ala Final Crisis to show it was the Flash to casuals
>>
I've never really cared about superheroes needing to stick to whatever codes they have in their comics. I'm fine with Superman and Batman killing in movies, even if it's not explained.

The thing is, the movie still needs to be good. BvS simply isn't.

It's badly plotted, badly directed, not remotely subtle at all regardless of how hard it tries to be.

>>81390490
You'll probably enjoy it the least. Those versions of Batman and Superman are, at least, pretty entertaining. These guys suck.
>>
File: Birth of Parallax.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Birth of Parallax.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>Superman is twenty feet away from a bomb in a dead silent senate chamber for 45 seconds and doesn't hear it
>try to spin control it later saying that Superman "didn't want to hear it"
>mfw
>>
I enjoyed it. I appreciate different takes on near-century old characters.
>>
>>81389725
>>81389563

I've been reading comics since I was 7 and I loved it

This is probably one of the most divisive movies I have ever watched
>>
>>81390451
Comic readers are outnumbered by movie only fags.
>>
I don't think it's made for people who read comics, seeing as how different tastes in comic books can be. If you liked Spawn then you'd probably enjoy BvS, but if you're a huge fan of Astro City you'd absolutely hate it.
And if you're a big fan of mainstream Batman and Superman I can't see you enjoying it, seeing as how both of them were pretty weird in this film.
>>
>>81390673
You know this isn't a cartoon and the bomb wasn't rigged with an alarm clock right?
>>
I read the comics and I hated it.

I am in full "not muh Supes" mode, because fuck everything, that wasn't Superman. What a horrible butchering of the character.
>>
>>81390451
Yeah, /co/ doesn't actually read comics.
>>
>>81390825
OP here, I didn't enjoy the different take but that's something I can easily overlook. Nolan went in a completely different direction with Bane for example but I still liked his films. The thing is that it was just a badly made movie. The editing was awful, no character development, horrible pacing, illogical characters. tropey Louis, hammed in death of Superman. Literally every good thing about this movie was shown in the trailers. I went in with a "fuck the critics, fuck the haters" attitude and I really wanted to enjoy it but I realized like 20 minutes in that it just wasn't gonna be a good movie.
>>
>>81390904
I like astro city and this movie.
>>
>>81389563
It's true. Since /co/ doesn't actually read comics, that's why they don't like it.
>>
>>81389563
Well, Grant Morrison wrote the definitive Batman run and there wasn't any references to that, so I'm going to say no.
>>
File: PEACHY.gif (1 MB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
PEACHY.gif
1 MB, 245x300
>>81390904
>but if you're a huge fan of Astro City you'd absolutely hate it.

>mfw Astro City is one of my favorite comic series of all time and I really enjoyed BvS despite its flaws
>>
>>81390925
Not that Anon, but Superman has some crazy hearing. Surely he could have picked up on the radio signals from the detonator, or maybe some slight clicking and beeping from the internals if it's a time bomb?
>>
>>81390904
>I can't see how people have different opinions than my own
>>
>>81390673
Not all bombs tick you know.
>>
>>81390964
>no character development
That's completely untrue.
>>
I dont get the "butchered the characters" argument. Why isn't a film maker allows to show us a different version/take on these established characters?
>>
File: The Goose.jpg (47 KB, 500x415) Image search: [Google]
The Goose.jpg
47 KB, 500x415
>>81390979
>>81391004
Well I've made a complete mistake when it comes to judging the Astro City fanbase.
>>
>>81391034
It's a bomb made by lex luthor, it probably a has ridiculous advanced trigger mechanism.
>>
>>81391034

He was distracted and wasn't looking for it. Supes even admits as much later on.

Beyond that, I wouldn't put it past Luthor to deliberately have shielded the bomb to keep it from making noise or allowing Supes to see it with X-ray vision.
>>
I totally read comics though.

Just not a lot of Batman or Superman, for some reason.
>>
>>81390494
>characters mutability over successive generations is what allows it to survive for decades
>"they butchered the characters"
>>
>>81389563
I've been reading Batman for almost my whole life and I really enjoyed it. I don't know if I'd call it a good movie though. There are little things, like the black sun on the devils and angels painting, that I really enjoyed. I can understand why people don't love this version of Superman but I respect that Snyder is trying something different, even if it is a bad idea or poorly executed. Costumes and general designs are probably some of the best in a comic book movie, other than Doomsday.
>>
>>81390925
Honestly, the whole scene in the Senate was mindblowingly dumb.

putting aside the question of how the fuck Luther managed to sneak a jar of piss onto the desk of a senator in a very heavily armed and likely watched senate building, the whole thing pre-explosion looked like a scene out of a fucking comedy.

>Senator trying to talk, but her gaze keeps being drawn to the jar of pee in front of her
>She can't even get a sentence out, can't stop staring at the jar of piss
>She looks at invalid
>Invalid looks at her
>She looks at pee
>She looks at superman
>Superman looks at invalid
>Invalid looks at Superman
>Invalid looks at Senator
>Senator looks at guy next to her
>Senator looks at pee
>Invalid suddenly explodes
>Superman stands in the flames with a look on his face like he just stepped in some dog shit.
>>
>>81391067
Because NOT MUH CHRISTOPHER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81390964
Those are all valid criticisms and I agree with them.
I still enjoyed it though, somehow. I've seen it twice.
Most complaints seem to be about the depictions of Bats and Supes, which I just think is extremely close minded.
>>
>>81391107

The way superheroes are portrayed here is way different from Busiek's take, but it's okay to enjoy multiple versions of the same archetypes, or different settings. They set out to do different things.
>>
>>81390964
>characters acting illogical
OK spock.
>>
>>81390934
THANK YOU! People keep saying it's a different interpretation of a character and that's just bullshit. The only similarity the movie supes has with the actual one is the name. This Supes literally does not give a shit about anything. Snyder doesn't even develop him as a character. What are his motivations? Why doesn't he like Batman? Why is he being Superman? The one chance this movie had at atleast helping people understand superman as a character was the court scene, I thought we'd be able to hear him voice his thoughts on there and I thought it was gonna be a really powerful scene. Instead Snyder decided to fuck it up and kill everyone. That's pretty much his thought process going into this movie, why make a good movie or build good characters when you can fuck shit up?
>>
>>81391067
Why bother using established characters at all if you're just going to change them to fit your personal vision?

Rhetorical question, the answer is money.
>>
>>81391067
I guess most people don't expect Elseworlds, and would feel kinda bummed if the core tenants of a character were ignored.
>>
>>81389870
>>81390086
You mean to say that he was negligent, I think. That is not the same thing as negligible.
>>
>>81391137
>if I greentext the scene and act like it's stupid then maybe people will believe me!
At this point, you're the one coming off as an idiot.
>>
File: LITERALLY SAVING CAPESHIT.webm (3 MB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
LITERALLY SAVING CAPESHIT.webm
3 MB, 1280x534
>>81391167
>This Supes literally does not give a shit about anything
He gave his life to save the world mkay?
>>
>>81391265
Are you trying to imply that's not how the scene went?
>>
>>81391137
>how did one of the smartest and richest man in the world get past senate security?
>>
File: Poor Rich Evans.jpg (35 KB, 612x479) Image search: [Google]
Poor Rich Evans.jpg
35 KB, 612x479
>>81391157
You're absolutely right. I guess the problem here is that I assumed people who enjoy X (be it Spawn, Astro City, or whatever) would want more like X.
>>
>>81391289
Yeah and there's nothing dumb about it. Explaining the scene doesn't make it retarded, it just makes you look retarded.
>>
>>81391278
He gave his life to save Louis. Which reminds me, that Louis scene before Superman killed Doomsday was so out of place. And the abrupt shift in music was awful.
>>
>>81391278
He looks so sad that he has to save people.
>>
>>81391371
>He gave his life to save Louis.
And the world.
>>
File: Louis.jpg (2 MB, 5760x3840) Image search: [Google]
Louis.jpg
2 MB, 5760x3840
>>81391371
Yeah, Superman my boy man. We got each other's backs.
>>
>>81389563
I'm a comic fan, and I really appreciated this film as a different approach to the characters. I think it handled the idea of a "real world" Superman very well, and I always appreciate an old, angry Batman. Honestly one of my favorite cape films. I also liked Man of Steel.
>>
>>81391424
beat me to it nigger
>>
>>81391424
lol shit, I fucked it up.
>>
>>81391424
Dammit I loved Ant Man. Call me a pleb or whatever, but it's legitimately one of my favorite movies.
>>
File: Stache.jpg (108 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Stache.jpg
108 KB, 640x360
>>81391455
Well, I had some help from my cousin, the Flash.
>>
>>81391486
I enjoyed it more than AoU. These new intro movies excite me more than the sequels. I hope Strange and Suicide Squad are better than Civ War and BvS.
>>
>>81391536
>tfw we'll never get a Luis-style narration of a JLA meeting done by the Flash
>>
File: 1448778424560.png (5 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
1448778424560.png
5 KB, 275x275
>enjoyed the movie
>most of my friends liked it
>only person I've talked to that didn't like it didn't even see it and got his opinion from moviebob

I really don't get what the problem is with the movie. It's not perfect by any means but it's not the 2/10 would not bang I've seen people make it out to be.
>>
>>81389563
No, I didn't enjoy it...but it wasn't overall terrible.
>It felt more like a hullabaloo..
>>
>>81391712
I think rating it a 2/10 is completely wrong and unfair but it get nothing higher than a 6/10 in my book. I think part of it is that my expectations for so high, I'm a huge DC fanboy and I've wanted to see supes and bats together on the screen for so long. To see them like this was just so disappointing.
>>
>>81389563
At this point the only one defending this movie are huge shills.
The people who genuinely like it seem to be avoiding talking about it.
>>
All the batman stuff was great. The guns and hyperviolence don't bug me so much when you've got an amazing Alfred and the Bat-Plane and everything. I loved that we had all that in media res, no need for an origin or explanation.

Luthor was good too. Yeah, he was fairly different from the traditional Luthor, yet he still felt really Luthor-y at his core.

The movie was definitely flawed, but I like it more than MoS.
>>
>>81391234

They shouldn't. We've seen a myriad of films with traditional depictions of these icons. People who freak out at one film showing them in a different light is asinine.
>>
>>81391872
Just look at this thread. I didn't like the way they handled the characters but I can easily overlook that if you make a GOOD fucking movie. I have no idea how people are defending it and it pisses me off that they hide behind "You don't understand the comics" to defend a badly made movie.
>>
Its perhaps the most "meh" comic movie for me. I mean theres stuff there I like, but the execution is just a misfire. Though I think the movie picks up in the 3rd act.
>>
>>81389870
>Batman was Batman. Before you say he killed anyone he didnt. Negligence is not intent and old Batman is always negligible, even in Batman Beyond
Okay
So
He shoots a vehicle with two people and blows it up
He didn't intend to blow those people up and kill them right?
Now that he's seen what happens when he shoots this vehicle with his rounds he'll surely stop to prevent any more death right?
He continues to blow more vehicles up and kill more people
He knows the outcome and he's purposefully letting it happen otherwise why would he keep shooting people?
>>
>>81389870
He didn't strike me as murderous or overly violent for batman.

And literally Alfred's first conversation with him is him saying "Hey are you sure you're not going to far?" Batman was not totally off the rails murder machine like people say he still had a conscience and he still had Alfred there to keep him in check.
>>
>>81392038
Hes shooting the things shooting at him. There just happen to be people on those things.
>>
>>81390470
I was with some normies who thought it was Shazam and also thought he would show up after credits "because he has to right?"
>>
>>81392106
>we're criminals, we've always been criminals, nothings changed.
>>
>>81392106
Once he got a hold of the kryptonite he went off the deep end though. His fight with Superman he was fucking psychotic.
>>
>>81389563
I read DC comics and I thought it was bad.
>>
File: She wants the D.webm (1 MB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
She wants the D.webm
1 MB, 720x320
Taking webm requests if anyone wants them.

Don't feel like making a new thread and this one is kinda shit, so ask away.
>>
The movie was all over the place and made little sense.

Batman shouldn't use guns

Lex Luther Shouldn't be a whiny bitch

Superman shouldn't have been so blood thirsty
>>
>>81389563
It being good is just a /tv/ meme and damage control
>>
>>81392398
>calling my thread shit
pls no bully
>>
>>81389563
It was made to shamelessly pander to comic fans. Some idiots took the bait.
>>
As a comic reader, I enjoyed it.
The movie is trash, but I did like some particular things about it.
And as much as I dislike Gadot, shes the best Wondy has ever had as far as live action goes. I am actually hyped for her movie.
>>
Yeah, I liked it overall. And yes, I do read comics regularly and have for most of my life.
>>
>>81392525
>shes the best Wondy has ever had as far as live action goes
Anon, it's not like she had any competition beyond Linda Carter.
>>
>>81392525
I actually thought Gadot was the weak link. She didn't get much screen time in this so it'll probably be more clear in her solo film but I don't think she has the acting chops to hang with Affleck and Cavill. Her delivery of her lines when she was at Superman's grave really stood out to me at how out of her depth she was.
>>
>>81392450
Good thing Suoerman wasn't bloodthirsty or even particularly violent.
>>
>>81389563

It's an elseworlds. Snyder's not the best director and the movie has flaws, but fixed some in regards to characterization from the last movie.

Eisenberg sucks I think but I still find it to be a 9/10 movie.

>>81392605

I was pleasantly surprised by her acting. It's crazy how a lot of theaters are having overwhelmingly positive reactions to her entrance.

Here's to hoping Snyder gets replaced and SS/WW are top tier
>>
>>81392732
>It was just a prank bro!
>>
>>81392580
>>81392605
Look, Im just sayan. Wondy is "complex" character, and in all medias, shes pretty easy to fuck up. The mere fact that they didnt straight up butcher it and even made her enjoyable is a big fucking win in my book. And she can always be improved upon so theres that.
>>
>>81389563

Mashing up DKR and DOS wasn't the worst lead up into JL. Batman and Supes have met. Justice League has a reason to form. Doomsday (the worst Superman villain) is out of the way thankfully. DOS never deserved a full movie glad it only got 30 mins.

The movie had a god tier soundtrack and fight scenes. Even the story and themes of the movie weren't bad. Honestly just needed 25-30 minutes of BS cut out and it would have been 10/10. For me its a 6/10 due to poor editing and some unnecessary sub story lines. That being said it's still better than most of the cape movies I've seen. Most people don't know what parademons are and have been indoctrinated by Disney's campy and kid friendly version of superheroes. Thats fine but most comic books take themselves seriously. Remember being a superhero sucks because people are constantly trying to murder you and your friends while simultaneously ruining your PR. Only someone that never has read a comic book wouldn't know this; I get that this is most people and probably part of reason the movie didn't do well critically.
>>
>>81392605
To be quite honest, its a bit unfair to blame her. Her role in the story and the script itself were shit.
>>
>>81389946

Batman kills in every movie he's appeared in. Go fuck yourself summer boy.
>>
http://kotaku.com/batman-v-superman-isnt-like-other-superhero-films-and-1768676827

inb4
>Kotaku

Gawker sites are known Marveldrone sites, so this was an interesting read.
>>
>>81392732
I want the whole piss in a jar scene, with the multiple looks at each others and Supes' Curb Your Enthusiasm look after the explosion.
>>
>>81392936
http://archive.is/X5FqJ
>>
>>81389563
I loved it honestly, but then again I tend to enjoy a lot of things people hate

>i actually like 90% of the new 52
>>
>>81390470

I liked that it wasn't explained. Time travel, speedsters w/e any comic fan gets it. But I'm glad a movie isn't trying to be safe and be afraid to go over anyones head. This movie alienates casuals and I fucking love it.
>>
I was told by someone that I didnt like it because I have a Marvel bias. When I showed them my DC collection is nearly triple of anything Marvel I own I was then told I went in with a chip on my shoulder so I'd never like it. For some reason there are people out there who think this movie is the best thing and will make any excuse if you disagree.
>>
File: 1436203619202.jpg (29 KB, 357x312) Image search: [Google]
1436203619202.jpg
29 KB, 357x312
>>81392936
>Kotaku
>>
>>81390673

Superman literally said he wasn't using his powers and felt like he had to stop being polite about xray vision and being careful like pa kent wanted.
>>
>>81392885
The lines are partly it but I just don't think shes a good enough actress. I think the only movies shes been in is the fast and furious films. But I'm holding off on judging her until the solo movie comes out. She could pleasantly surprise me but idk, just from looking at her past work I don't think she has the chops.
>>
>>81392949

The slow-mo of Clark standing in the fire weirded me out even though I loved the movie. I get that he was in shock and didn't know what to do, but it coulda been handled better.

Snyder doesn't like to let Cavill emote, when he does, it's great, but they won't let him. It was one of my biggest problems with Man of Steel.

It was another case of Snyder doing something because he thought it looked cool, rather than doing something that would show off characters a bit better.

>>81392994

Sounds like fanboys of every movie, bruh
>>
>>81391137

It had be glued to the screen. If you cut the whole senator subplot the movie would have been way better which is weird because Holly Hunter is a good actress technically but she didn't really help the movie.
>>
>>81392200
Are you suggesting there was something wrong with him saying that?

>>81392354
Yea he was pretty damn into it. Batman is crazy though.
>>
>>81392994
This pretty much. You'll disagree and they'll call you a casual and tell you to read the comics, if you tell them you read comics then they'll call you a fanboy, if you're a DC fan they'll say that everything doesn't have to be like the comics. You can't win with these people,
>>
>>81392919
Yep, every movie so far has gotten that part wrong. Your point?
>>
>>81391167

>Supes literally does not give a shit

Is that why he gave his life to save the world?

As usual we will get "I didn't pay attention or even watch the movie" posts for 2 years not unlike the daily MOS threads we had every day until BvS came out.
>>
>>81393072
>Snyder doesn't like to let Cavill emote, when he does, it's great, but they won't let him. It was one of my biggest problems with Man of Steel.
Cavill's best moment was just before he sacrificed himself while talking to Lois.
>This is my world. You are my world.

Cavill can definitely pull off a good Superman, they just need to stop it with the mopeyness already.
>>
File: mhmm.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
mhmm.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>81391371

>Louis posters

I remember you from the daily MOS threads? Hows being a huge faggot dude?
>>
>>81393108
No it's just a line I enjoyed
>>
>>81393084
I disagree
I think the senator plot should have been the main plot
When they were all killed all of sudden and nobody talked about it anymore, everything went truly downhill. For me, at least.
If Im being honest here, Lex ruined it all. The portrayal of the character is shit, the actor sure as hell couldnt hold his own, and his role in the story was just predictable and boring. I hope the fucker isnt coming back because he is easily the worst Lex EVER.
>>
>>81390309
>Batman completely opposes Superman ideologically but once he hears Martha they're best friends now? Such bullshit.
The whole thing was that Batman saw him as an otherwordly god that was just on earth to fuck everything up and possibly rule the planet. The whole 'martha' scene was bruce realising that clark is human, and bruce probably figured out that somebody was keeping his mother hostage and forcing him to fight.
Also Lois explained it to him.
not only that but he probably triggered his ptsd

Look, i'm not saying its not a stupid scene, but its stupidly obvious that its more than just bruce going 'oh he has the same name as my mother'
It seriously just takes half a second of thought to figure it out
>>
>>81389563

I liked it.

Went yesterday for the 2nd time. Some tracks of the OST are annoying though, but the movie was fun.
>>
>>81392450
>Superman shouldn't have been so depressed and pessimist the whole movie
FTFY
>>
>>81393175
>Is that why he gave his life to save the world?
That scene was hammed in there. My point is this is a soulless, emotionless superman. Sure you can make the argument that he really does care for everyone, but then he shows nothing. We don't see him get happy when he saves someone or get sad when he fails. He literally has the same neutral/depressed face throughout the entire movie.
>>
>>81393183

>This is my world. You are my world.

THIS. This is why I ultimately liked the movie. It cemented it as a Superman sequel, and Clark got to become the hero was built up to be in MoS. I know that we're all eager to see the Superman we know as early as possible, but origin stories where the hero suits up once, skips six month later, and then is suddenly an expert leave a lot of potential growth and storylines out. The studios kinda blow their load early and kneecap their potential for future movies. This allows them to establish plots to be followed up on later and give Superman problems that can't be punched, like his public perception.

You can argue a sacrifice like that loses it's effectiveness if done too early, and that might be true, but it was a good way to show he was a hero and willing to die for a planet that feared him.

That line also put away the Kal-El bullshit and established Clark as the real man, not Kal-El.

>>81393302

I hate his weird fucking mannerisms and wish they cast Mark Strong, but I was glad he was at least a scientist this time around.
>>
>>81393378
>I liked it.
>the movie was fun.
Hi, Snyder.

I'm just kidding. I was disappointed with the movie though. I'm hoping the Ultimate cut will be better though.
>>
I just want to see the flash
>>
>>81393525

The human eye can't detect SpeedforceFrames Per Second
>>
File: 1447463524342.png (25 KB, 632x793) Image search: [Google]
1447463524342.png
25 KB, 632x793
>>81393569
>>
>>81393302
>When they were all killed all of sudden and nobody talked about it anymore
I feel like that's where Terrio's script ended and Snyder/Goyer's began. After that it basically turns into; 'Batman goes crazy and tries to kill Superman and we tease the Jusice League'

I hope now that Terrio has written the entire JL movie himself it doesn't feel like two movies mashed together.
>>
>>81393142
What people? Nobody is denying the film has flaws. But getting mad at people telling you the movie wasn't utter dogshit everyone is making it to be is just as dumb.
>>
>>81393371
That point is clear but it doesn't help Batman at all. He acknowledges that superman is a good guy by saying "how many of them stayed that way" to Alfred. He didn't realize any of this shit before? It took hearing "muh martha" to make him realize it? Obviously they were trying to convey what you're saying but they failed at it. The presentation was awful and it only served to make Batman look like a lunatic. Why would superman even say Martha instead of mom or mother? If they actually presented Batman's realization that Supes is just a dude and not some alien trying to conquer the planet in a smart, intelligent way then I would've been fine with that. Instead we got "M-Martha" and then Batman sperged out.
>>
What was the point of the senator plotline? Lex wasnt trying to get some money from building a kryptonite wepon legitly and if there was a plan to make Superman guilty of blowing up the capitol it didnt happen.
>>
>>81393429
He smiles when he saves the Mexican girl. Hes in turmoil man, have you no heart?
>>
>>81393657
>But getting mad at people telling you the movie wasn't utter dogshit everyone is making it to be is just as dumb.
That wasn't my point. If someone likes the movie and they can tell me why they liked it I'm completely fine with that. What I don't like is when people dismiss your arguments and call you a casual or a fanboy or whatever else.
>>
>>81392732
>stops punching him
>"Alright Bruce, listen. Lex has my mom, MARTHA, captured and I need your help to get her back"
>>
>>81393829
That's a double sided coin. People say they like the movie, and people will call there opinion shit and will say batman doesn't kill and will reference all these different comics just to convince someone their opinion is shit.
>>
Lookng at it as a movie it is stupidly broken on a technical level. one of the worst things to me is the length. It is a 500lb 1st grader, you cut the fat and it almost nothing in comparison.
>>
>>81393704
>and it only served to make Batman look like a lunatic.
>implying a grown man dressed as a bat trying to fight an almost unstoppable alien with a spear is sane
>>
>>81389563
>Did comic fans actually enjoy this movie? I keep hearing people say that it was "made for the fans" and if you didn't read comics you wouldn't enjoy it.
Try asking Linkara Rob.
>>
>>81393994

The concept of superheroes fighting is dumb and invades a lot of good stories, rarely are there been good reasons for it. Sometimes it's a bit more tolerable.
>>
>>81393787

He smiles when he fucks Lois and saves the world too. Also smiles in his first appearance.
>>
>>81394133
>Civil War fucking ruined a ton of shit and was very trivial
>movie Civil War looks like it is on that path of trivial fighting with severe repercussions
I just want solo hero film again. No more crossovers.
>>
>>81392969
If you liked Lobdell's teen titans than you and I can't be friends.
>>
>>81393704
>it only served to make Batman look like a lunatic
That was the point. After Wallace blew himself up and he saw the checks with the writing on them, Bruce went psycho and was hellbent on destroying Superman.
>>
>>81394133
I remmeber discussion about a week ago how a Adam West era Batman vs Superman fight would go, involving Batman and Superman pretending to fight to satisfy Lex while Batgirl and Robin rescued Martha.

I would have paid money to watch that movie desu.
>>
>>81394318
Don't worry my friend, at least we've got Thor 3: Ragnarok* coming soon to look forward to.

*Guest Starring the Incredible Hulk
>>
>>81394354

Same here, that sounds fun.

Fuck, that should've been what happened in this movie actually. I've been dying to see sidekicks done justice on screen. I'm still pissed Bucky was just a generic friend in First Avenger.
>>
File: 1411230748537.gif (803 KB, 297x232) Image search: [Google]
1411230748537.gif
803 KB, 297x232
>>81394396
wew
>>
>>81393994
>Heat of the moment.
>>
File: 1459044140062.png (338 KB, 612x692) Image search: [Google]
1459044140062.png
338 KB, 612x692
>>81390934
The establishment is often the villain because it represents the status quo. Just look at the Democratic front-runner and the establishment media. They write off everything Bernie Sanders does because he's very anti-establishment and wants to bring about some radical change that wouldn't benefit them but would greatly benefit the middle and working classes. He actively spits in the face of the billionaire class as well. People, especially younger folk, want characters like that, not beholden to the establishment but beholden to them. They want people who break up the status quo and I believe Batman and Superman in these films represent that. However, Batman lost his way and Superman has doubts but in the end both are redeemed and going forward I think they'll both turn into the icons people are used to. At least in some form that'll meet their approval.

I'm for super optimistic icons and all that, but in the real world you have to struggle and fight for those beliefs and it's really hard. You can get discouraged and start doubting yourself. Just like Superman in this film, but he pushes through all of that and I think that in of itself is very inspiring. He's in the trenches and it's not glorious but he's doing what he believes is right and fighting the good fight.
>>
>>81394399
>written and directed by that comedy director
I'm not excited for anything currently
>>
>>81394396
kek
>>
>>81389697
I hope you enjoyed your 1800's pre DC issue, Faggot.
>>
>>81394396
Getting fucked in the ass feels pretty amazing tbqh
>>
>>81389946
people die because of their own choices

batman puts everyone that dies in a position to walk away, yet they all commit to evil acts and therefore damn themselves

>he shot the hose of the flamethrower, the guy still pulls the trigger
>the guy drops the grenade and instead of running for cover tries to grab it
>>
>>81394576
Is that why people like Ironman? A rich charismatic douchebag that is just like those people he fights. But don't worry he's a good guy. Even though he's a bigger fuck up than everyone else.
>>
>>81394354
i still want a comic about that script drawn with BvS' characters
>>
>>81392106
lex/bruce/clark all have rational elder figures in their arcs, how they react and relate to them is important to understanding the inner change they go through
>>
File: 1408566146291.jpg (53 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1408566146291.jpg
53 KB, 720x960
>>81394396
>>
>>81394576
Man of Steel was enough characterization. I didn't want anymore of that brooding bore in BvS, especially since the 'real' Superman was really needed in this movie for the Night vs Day contrast. It's just taking too damn long, I don't even care anymore. Man of Frown ruined BvS for me.
>>
File: free real estate.jpg (68 KB, 720x552) Image search: [Google]
free real estate.jpg
68 KB, 720x552
>>81394396
I like you. You put effort in.

Have another (you).
>>
>>81394746
>charismatic
This is it. At least he's fun to watch.
>>
>>81394758
Why does this make my dick tingle?
>>
>>81394576
this
i guess pol isn't here tonight
>>
I'd say I am. My favorite Superman stories are Secret Identity, Whatever Happened To The Man of Tomorrow, and Astro City #1. My favorite Batman stories are Year One and Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader.

I think this batman was totally consistent with what we see in Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come, and older more suspicious batman. But this is a batman that didn't have a superman in his life so he slips, he goes further than we have seen him go in the comics (not counting his golden age iteration). I like it, it was a batman arc I hadn't seen before.

Superman was also pretty tonally consistent with more macro focused stories, again Kingdom Come comes to mind, Whatever Happened To Truth, Justice, And The American Way? along with some tones from Byrne's Superman. He was more conflicted, and I think it worked with the story they were telling.

Lex had the mannerisms of Silver Age Luthor mixed with Hackman Luthor, but with a more modern Luthor's ruthlessness.

This Lois is actually capable and can put things together, I really like that.

I don't really mind Jimmy Olsen being dead, its not like has been super vital in really any of the best Superman stories.

I will say those fuckers butchered KGBeast (notice how the last person Batman killed before going back to 'no kill' was KGBeast, and the last canon murder comic Batman committed pre-flashpoint was KGBeast. I thought that was neat).
>>
>>81394396

why the fuck is no one recognizing this pasta being posted fucking everywhere
>>
>>81394576
Fuck off commie
>>
>>81390309
Holy shit, he doesnt throw him through a wall. Why are people so dumb. He destroys the wall himself.
>>
>>81391424
>And he was like "I want a man who can snap necks."
>>
>>81395305
I've never seen it before. How old is it?
>>
>>81395303
>I don't really mind Jimmy Olsen being dead, its not like has been super vital in really any of the best Superman stories.
gee i wonder if there's a connection there
>>
>>81395579
what do you even mean
>>
>>81393787
>saving Mexicans
He is evil holy shit, why else would he save her? He wants to destroy America.
>>
>>81395530
hours at least, probably why people haven't noticed
>>
>>81395617
i'm saying that them killing a character that is somewhat known that is also not essential to the mythology is not a coincidence
>>
>>81390086
>>81392919
>>81394703
ok in every batman movie we can assume/nitpick that someone died from his actions and /or he allowed them to walk away
but not this movie he literally ran people over shot them and blew people up
>>
>>81389563
Most of the people who liked it are comic fans, but not every comic fan would like it.
>>
>>81395579
I'm just gonna pretend Jenny was always just Rule 63 jimmy. Wasn't she supposed to be his little sister or something? She didn't even react or seem broken up over his death. My headcanon is that she was always this universes Jimmy.
>>
>>81395622
>why else would he save her?
birds of feather...
>>
>>81395735
well sure, are you saying it was a bad thing?
>>
>>81389563
No, it's because comic fans are generally characterized as mouthbreathing retards with no higher thought patterns.

And judging by /co/, they're right
>>
File: dragonballevolution_hero_vf1.jpg (574 KB, 1066x512) Image search: [Google]
dragonballevolution_hero_vf1.jpg
574 KB, 1066x512
>>81391067
Using an established character just to do whatever the fuck you want them is stupid. Might as well just make new character if you're gonna do that.

If I'm gonna watch a Superman movie I expect him to have some Superman traits
>>
>>81389563
It was alright I guess
>>
>>81390671
Do you think casuals read Final Crisis?
>>
>>81389563
As someone that's been reading comics for over 20 years, and love Superman.

This movie was fucking bullshit. It was a bad movie with some great but wasted acting, horrible editing, cluttered plot, and exhausting tone. The worst part is that there's some great stuff in the movie, but it's all wrapped up in a shitty package. But beyond all of that, it has my least favorite portrayal of Superman in live-action. I think Carvill could make a great Superman, and in some scenes his potential shows through, but it's like they took all of my least favorite parts of MoS Superman then doubled down on them.
>>
>>81391115
Shield a bomb from X-ray penetration.
Expects it to go off later

Top kek.

Do you realized that you just invalidated your own reasoning in the same sentence?
>>
>>81390309
> The movie is shit not because of tropes but because the editing was shit

that is absolutely the biggest fucking problem
the movie fucking had 8 endings
>>
>>81395807
my thoughts are that i'm on board with it.
they only want to use characters that they think are essential to their overarching universe while still playing with the emotions of the viewer through what they do to them

imagine if the theatrical cut had included jimmy's introduction, imagine the reaction to his being killed. this is all intentional
>>
>>81389991
It's a combination of people being contrarians, people casting mememagic, and diehard DC fanboys that will support the movie no matter what.

MoS was also a bad movie but we got 3 years of people insisting it was good.
>>
>>81396013
Oh okay. Well yes, I agree with you.
>>
>>81392038
None of the people in the cars that blew up died. They were severely injured, but they survived.
>>
>>81390451
/co/ was flooded by live-action capeshit fans since Avengers was released, and they currently make up the the vast majority of the board alongside the cartoonfags. Actual comic fans are a very small minority on /co/.

These days, /co/ is basically just a /tv/ for capeshit.
>>
>>81396181
>>81395867
dont bother responding. this cunt just wants attention.
>>
>>81395899
How dare you remind me of that movie. I'll get you for this, anon. Watch your back.
>>
>>81396218
It's fucked up. I could RIGHT NOW go mention something about a cape movie. it could be the dumbest thing theres already 9 threads about and get instant replies. Hundreds of them.

I could make three threads where i post an issue of cerebus, grant morrisons jla, and alan moores swamp thing....and maybe get a single bump in each thread before a further five or six people even notice the thing before it gets archived.

People just don't really give a shit about comics here anymore.
They don't even care that much about movies i think. All people give a shit is telling one another how fucking stupid the other guy is for not having the same opinion on them about some movie that's a piece of shit on a board for comic books.
>>
>>81395754
Keaton Batman strapped a bomb to a goon and he blew up. There was no implication there, that niggas dead.
>>
>>81391067
Theyre absolutely allowed. And since this isn't /tv/ but /co/ and shit here i would imagine should be from the perspective of fucking comic fans...we are all within our rights to give it a metric fuckton of shit because it fucked up said established character.

If you don't want a conversation about the characterization of one of the worlds oldest fucking super heroes of all time on a board about comic books from the point of view of comic fandom....go to fucking /tv/. I'm sure people will give less of a shit there.

Like it blows my mind. This is /co/ and people are honestly going 'yeah but who gives a fuck if its like the comic book'.
>>
>>81395910
Fuck casuals. This movie was capeshit as fuck, I want JL to be just as ridiculous. I hope the Bat-submarine to Atlantis is true.
>>
>>81396013
>broody
>kills
>arrogant
>uninspiring
>reckless
>worst Pa Kent
>worst Lex Luthor
>dead Jimmy right out the gate
>wasting Death of Superman as your sequel
DCEU Superman might be my least favorite Superman of all time. Like, I just don't see how they can right the ship for him.
>>
>>81396135
Says who? Even Snyder admitted to the murder
https://youtu.be/h0ZD6Wmu2L8?t=98
>>
>>81389563>>81389563
It's only idiots who've been "reading" comics perhaps since Avengers. If not, they've been reading the odd Batman.

The typical fags that think Aquaman is lame, Wolverine is badass, Batman is best hero bullshit.

Not to say that any actual fan couldn't possibly like this movie, but it's a shit excuse. I've been into superheroes since I'm old enough to remember, buying the odd comic book since I was a little boy and reading them proper since about 2000, and this movie was very, very troubled. I didn't outright hated it, but I don't love it.
>>
>>81389563
You know.... every time a comic book movie blows, they trot out the old "Well, this movie was made for the comic book fans."

Really? You spent 250 Million dollars to make a movie for a very small part of the world population? Bullshit.

This movie, like all major Hollywood movies, was made to get as many paying asses into seats as possible.

DC/Warner Bros. has had big success with the Dark Depressing Knight, and they're trying to double down on it. They're always trying to show up at the last successful party just as everyone is getting tired and wants to go home to get some sleep.

They're reshooting scenes for Suicide Squad to make it more funny, ala Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'd love it if they'd just get someone who knows the characters and say "Here, you know what? Make a good fucking movie." Hell, Deadpool had a tiny budget compared to this, but at least that movie was fun.
>>
>>81389563
On tumblr fans are saying the pacing is akin to a comic thats why it was so jarring to movie critics
>>
File: 1395660931286.jpg (15 KB, 271x312) Image search: [Google]
1395660931286.jpg
15 KB, 271x312
>>81396769
>They're reshooting scenes for Suicide Squad to make it more funny, ala Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>81389991
Tumblr is waaay more positive about bvs than co
>>
>>81396940
That's a valid interpretation. The issue is that this isn't a fucking comic, and what works there doesn't work here because it's a completely different medium.
>>
>>81396518
How dare they try new things with century old characters. FUCKING SNYDER HE'S DOUBLE HITLER
>>
>>81396221
Why the fuck would anyone argue shitposting for bants vs for attention?

It's like arguing over whether it's more enjoyable being eaten out the ass or sucking asscock.

Both shitposting for attention and for bant degeneracy are objectively terrible, unenjoyable and only justifiable due to our reddit board culture. Ultimately it doesn't matter whether you shitpost for bants or attention, or whether the assjuice ends up in your mouth or mouth.

You're a filthy degenerate for partaking in either. (shitposting or asseating)
>>
>>81396769
>They're reshooting scenes for Suicide Squad to make it more funny, ala Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy.
I have no reaction image suitable for how retarded you are.
>>
>>81396518
I honestly think anyone else can pretty easily. just have him being inspiring and thoughtful. Have him trying to help...actually HELP. Not just prevent some deaths. Him looking like his cat died as he drags a boat isn't what i mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm_06apWsRg
2:15 into this scene.
Saves falling guy, asks if he's okay. WOW he actually cares. Took time away from punching people, destroying property, and showcases product placement to make sure some guy falling didn't die and was okay. That was something on his mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Daj9hpLRmsI
or this. this whole scene.
"you let them handcuff you"
"wouldn't be much of a surrender if i didnt. And if it makes them feel more secure, all the better"

Like holy shit this was snyder. He actually had superman care, not grimace or mope or look like everything in the world was shit and gray. He understood he is this godlike being that could kill every living human being in that building if not that fucking state....and he doesn't want them to feel scared. He gives himself up for them to do with as they will but he is still momentarily concerned that the men bringing him in will do so thinking he is just going to rip them the fuck apart.

That is superman. Those are superman moments. When people say BvS isn't superman, that character that managed to come out for these few miniscule moments is the person they are talking about.

and sure BvS is a bad time for the character. But you know what a storyteller crafts the fucking story. That was snyders choice. To have moments where superman basically had no fucking choice BUT to act like the most dour woebegone wretch on earth.

That being said in those scenes you can see the actor kinda shining through. Hell even in interviews he seems more like fucking superman. So really just bring him back, throw him in a new movie. And keep zack snyder and whoever might write one of his scripts as far the fuck away as humanly possible.
>>
>>81396769

except you're wrong & retarded too.
>>
File: 1415061792183.jpg (48 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1415061792183.jpg
48 KB, 500x400
>>81397219
It's not that they tried something new. Superman could always use something new. It's that the new thing they tried is awful. Among the worst.
>>
File: UNLIMITED POWER.jpg (44 KB, 599x804) Image search: [Google]
UNLIMITED POWER.jpg
44 KB, 599x804
>>81397123
Sometimes I feel like they have the right idea about stuff.

I mean, they seem to be having more fun than us.
>>
>>81397349
hilarious because it seemed like they were hating this film from since the announcement.
>>
>>81389563
That's literally bullshit damage control excuse.

I got the references people are desperately pointing out like they prove the movie wasn't bad. And you know what? The MOVIE was still shit (and by shit I mean 'painfully mediocre' of course) regardless of how many references there were.

I'm not even talking about 'not muh superman.' It's not about how close or how far the movie is from the original comics. The movie was dull, too long, and amateurishly heavy-handed in its messages and symbols. The fight scenes (except bats vs supes) were pointless whirlwinds of CGI explosions.

Frankly, I didn't go to this movie because I like comics. I went because I like movies. And I was disappointed in both aspects.
>>
>>81389563
It's only "for the fans" in the sense that Snyder is really parallel to the contentious style of early New52, and that it's building up to be "Live Action Justice League: War".

So, it's only for relatively recent fans.

But other than that, Knightmare Batman MIGHT be a loose adult Damian Wayne reference.
>>
>>81397349
>>81397483

I think a large part might be because of Wonder Woman. Its been almost 20 years since superhero movies started to become mainstream and Wonder Woman might just be the most well received super heroine.
>>
>>81397483
It was kind of hard not to, especially after MoS.

I was actually hoping that it'd be good and yet there's something cathartic about seeing it fail. Knowing how much money they spent on it, knowing that it's turned Snyder into a pariah at WB and knowing that it'll probably be the long-awaited nail in Goyer's coffin.

Failure breeds opportunity.
>>
File: 1377810274763.jpg (68 KB, 674x928) Image search: [Google]
1377810274763.jpg
68 KB, 674x928
>>81397338
So only under a specific context, one which is not present in this movie, is he "likable".

Good to know.
>>
I really liked the movie. Gal Gadot and Ben Affleck were the highlights. That said.... here's what I hated about the movie:

1. What part of Superman's brand of justice does Batman hate so much? That Superman kills people, supposedly? OK, but Batman you killed people too...

2. Why did the framing of Superman make any remote sense? There's bullets that were unidentified... Do they not realize Supes doesn't use a damn gun?

3. Could the character interactions be any more wooden? I was really hoping for a Bat/WW romance but I just wasn't feeling it in those scenes.

4. Lex is out to kill Supes because "power isn't innocent"? So, what, is he just supposed to be a madman who wants chaos, akin to the Joker in TDK?

5. Supes redeems Batman at the end... by revealing he has an aspect of his humanity (My mama is Martha)? I feel like this could've been done better.

6. WW really didn't have to open the videos on her laptop of the other metahumans. This could've been an aftercredits scene where she goes back to look at her haptop and figures out who Batman wants her to recruit

Finally, SHOW US how Superman fundamentally changed Batman. The whole story is supposed to be about two guys going at it because they have different interpretations of justice and come to agree with each other's views.... WTF
>>
File: 1459126662564.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459126662564.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
>>81392118
Shut up you stupid bitch.
>>
>>81397853
>knowing that it's turned Snyder into a pariah at WB

They should let Snyder adapt Frank Miller's Ronin for their Summer Blockbuster and be done with it. His love for Frank Miller is too much for this.
>>
>>81397882
Not a specific context. There's plenty of different interpretations of Superman that are likable. I honestly find Red Son Superman, Injustice Superman, and Overman more likable. It's that there's nothing to like about MoS/BvS Superman.
>>
File: 1308817520764.jpg (118 KB, 600x888) Image search: [Google]
1308817520764.jpg
118 KB, 600x888
>>81397851
Marvel doesn't have any good females to make movies with. Its good females, the mutants, are owned by others. No, Captain Marvel isn't good, she's completely boring and her comics never survive for long because she sucks. How can Marvel compete with a Wonder Woman movie?
>>
>>81398063
>kamala not good
come on pham
>>
>>81398059
>Injustice Superman
WOAH THERE ANON
Snyder's Man of Frown has problems but you prefer a crazy tyrant to him? Explain yourself.
>>
>>81398063
Ms. Muslim movie probably

I can see it happening
>>
>>81397898
Adding on to my first point:
- we are shown from Batman's POV in the opening that Superman is potentially dangerous, but ironically Batman doesn't realize he himself doesn't have someone to keep himself in check.

8. Batman receives back hidden messages from his checks. WHY ISN'T HE INVESTIGATING THESE? WHY DOESN'T HE SUSPECT SOMEONE OUTSIDE OF HIM IS PULLING THE STRINGS?
>>
>>81397338
My problem is the grim, moody, pessimistic attitude Superman has in this film reminds me too much of Batman.

Which is a bit redundant when there's a similar character present in the same movie.
>>
File: world's greatest detective.jpg (74 KB, 640x289) Image search: [Google]
world's greatest detective.jpg
74 KB, 640x289
>>81398144
>WHY ISN'T HE INVESTIGATING THESE?
>>
>>81389563
Yeah I enjoyed it. I can tell you don't read much comics or you have autism
>>
>>81392118
Yeah its not like he could have driven away safely in his bullet proof car that wasn't even totaled when it hit fucking superman and waited until the kryptonite arrived at its destination and stolen it from there off screen.

oh wait he fucking did that except instead of just driving away he shot, dragged, and ran over a couple of fuckers with his batmobile until superman inadvertantly stopped his rampage because he wanted to show him some of his patented superman 'mercy'.
>>
>>81397851
But also because of the potential batverse and robins
Tumblr has the biggest bat fans ive seen
>>
>>81397851
>Wonder Woman might just be the most well received super heroine
>muh epic entrance
Don't get me wrong, she was fine, but she was simply the most decent thing people could find to praise about this shitty movie
There was really nothing to complain about her since there was really not say about her
>>
>>81398302
>stealing it off-screen
Yeah that was pretty redundant, gah damn
>>
File: low test.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
low test.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>81398377
This

People thought that Wonder Woman was fine because she only got like 15 minutes of screentime, once her solo movie comes out people will remember how shit Gadot is at acting
>>
>>81398063
>. Its good females, the mutants, are owned by others.
Joss Whedon trashed Disney for saying that Fox had the best females.
>>
File: 1449120082797.png (996 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449120082797.png
996 KB, 1920x1080
>>81398178
>Day vs Night!
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>81398438
>spooky scary skeletons plays in the background
>>
>>81398438
Every female in this shot is hotter than Gabot.
>>
>>81389563
It's made for the fans that lose their shit over a flashy action scene or seeing a single panel or line from a comic recreated out of context. It's for fans that will overlook any shit so long as something even vaguely approaching a bastardization of the character kind of makes it onto the big screen.

Fans that care about coherent storytelling or characterization? Those fan's don't count. They might even be fans of OTHER COMICS!
>>
>>81398144
>8. Batman receives back hidden messages from his checks. WHY ISN'T HE INVESTIGATING THESE? WHY DOESN'T HE SUSPECT SOMEONE OUTSIDE OF HIM IS PULLING THE STRINGS?
He wasn't told. He even asks why they never told him about it. He was pretty pissed.
>>
I'm a Marvel comics fan and I enjoyed it
I hate people trying to start console wars because it's easy to see these people don't read comics

Not every Marvel fan loves the MCU just because it's Marvel, stop trying to make it seem so, the MCU fanbase is practically it's own thing totally unrelated to the old fanbase
>>
>>81398477
he means /tv/ is full of shitposting memers who can't understand basic sentences. They're also more gay for black cock than /lbgt/
>>
>>81398591
That's just /tv/ shitposting because a lot of people on that board are around 17.

You can even have a legitimate thread discussing the movie without people spouting capekino or calling you a Marvelcuck if you didn't like it
>>
>>81398624
It's seriously strange how many threads they have there dedicated to black dick. Are all the other boards like that?
>>
>>81398695
/sp/ enjoys the cuck meme too
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.