[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come if you're poor, you wear a barrel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Betty_Barrel_9154.jpg (126 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
Betty_Barrel_9154.jpg
126 KB, 350x500
How come if you're poor, you wear a barrel?
>>
Because you can't afford clothes, dummy.
>>
>>81385510
But you can afford a barrel? Why didn't you sell the barrel and keep clothes?
>>
>>81385584
Because everyone has a barrel and they don't sell well.
>>
>>81385607
I don't have a barrel...
>>
>>81385712
Then you're not living your life correctly.
>>
I'm sure it has something to do with the Great Depression.
>>
My favorite poor people things are...
bare feet in shoes, that when you roll your toes, the tops come off
the top hat with the movable lid
the bindle on the stick

I can do without the harmonica or traveling in boxcars
>>
>>81385335
It has a name.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bankruptcy_barrel

I was as surprised as anyone.
>>
>>81386448
yeah i was surprised to find out it's related to an old german public shaming thing
>>
>>81385335

It used to be pretty common for certain food items to be shipped in barrels; pickles, crackers, and fish anong other things. So a lot of stores used to have them lying around out back since they weren't worth the trouble of shipping them back.

It's more or less the equivalent of fishing cardboard boxes out of the dumpster behind a supermarket.
>>
Barrels were super common at the time. You could find them in alleys just taking up space.
>>
Barrels should make a comeback.
>>
>>81389524
Vote Bernie. Bernie's for Barrels.
>tfw Trump's never seen a barrel in his life
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.