[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marvel Canon Reboot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: ptsnelnpkrptdeg7no6v[1].jpg (71 KB, 722x549) Image search: [Google]
ptsnelnpkrptdeg7no6v[1].jpg
71 KB, 722x549
Okay. So

>Incursions.
>Dr. Doom.
>Battleworld.
>Reed Richards gets all powerful.

Then what happens, exactly?
I have been out of the marvel comics scene for a little while, and I haven't kept up.

>Was it a hard reboot, to an empty slate of a marvel world with no history?

>Is there an earth 616?

>Was it a switch to an earlier or slightly different 616?

>If "All" the marvel universes were supposedly destroyed, what's the canonical explanation for how the MCU is unchanged?
>>
>>81384623
Continuity is unchanged, except for the fact that Maker, Old Man Logan and Miles are now in 616.
Also writers can basically brush over whatever details they want, because "eh, it happened in the incursions" or "eh, it happened in the 6 months since".

As a bit of trivia, Ewing's Ultimates has now established, that this is now the 6th iteration of Marvel universes with pre-Battleworld being the 5th and Galactus' old universe being the 4th.

Still, nothing has changed except that writing Marvel comics has become easier.

>I have been out of the marvel comics scene for a little while, and I haven't kept up.
There's not much that warrants keeping up with. Ewing is writing some ok books, Hulk is fun, Captain Marvel is surprisingly good right now under the Agent Carter writers and Vision is godly. Everything else is just pretty messy.
>>
>>81385262
Really not a fan of old man logan; much prefer 616 Wolverine. Old man logan just puts a wall in the way of me getting interesting wolverine stories with 616's wolverine.

>Continuity is unchanged, except for the fact that Maker, Old Man Logan and Miles are now in 616.
Also writers can basically brush over whatever details they want, because "eh, it happened in the incursions" or "eh, it happened in the 6 months since".

No kidding.

Is 616 the only universe now?

Best Marvel Universes are AoA and 616. I really liked the full run of Exiles.

But yeah. I liked AvX, and the Incursion plot, but there hasn't been much to keep me interested lately, and I find I no longer want physical comics (too much of a pain to organize and move and whatnot).

And I lack the invite I need to a comicbooks equivalent to AnimeBytes (Which is fantastic, btw. They have basically everything, organized by franchise & series).
>>
>>81385262
>Old Man Logan
did he bring the baby hulk along?
>>
>>81384623
>Was it a hard reboot, to an empty slate of a marvel world with no history?
No. Everything that used to be canon is still canon unless explicitly stated otherwise, same as its always been.

>Is there an earth 616?
Earth-616 was perfectly recreated by Reed/Franklin/Molecule Man, except for a handful of stuff from other universes that found their way in (The Maker, Miles and his friends/family, Weirdworld, Old Man Logan, etc.)

>Was it a switch to an earlier or slightly different 616?
Everything still happened, except all the people that died during Time Runs Out are no longer dead and Wakanda is back to how it was.

>If "All" the marvel universes were supposedly destroyed, what's the canonical explanation for how the MCU is unchanged?
It was destroyed and perfectly recreated off-screen.
>>
>>81386368
>>Is 616 the only universe now?
No. It was the first universe that Franklin, Reed, and Molecule Man (re)created (hence why it's being referred to as the "Prime Universe" since it's technically not the 616th universe, but it's still 616 more or less), but they've spent the past 8 months re-creating more and more universes, and the whole "timetravel causes splitting of universes" thing is still in effect so as long as there was 1 universe, there would end up being more just because they would keep splitting off from that one. So while the multiverse isn't currently infinite, it's constantly expanding out again to the point that it might as well be.
>>
>>81386413
No, the baby Hulk was not carried over to Battleworld and new 616 at all.
>>
>>81386569
So the Incursions changed basically nothing, other than giving writers an excuse to ignore the plot rather than have to keep track of what's been going on up until now?

It's basically no different than a timeskip?

*Note: Still annoyed that they killed wolverine and replaced him with old man hillbillyverine
>>
>>81385262
>As a bit of trivia, Ewing's Ultimates has now established, that this is now the 6th iteration of Marvel universes with pre-Battleworld being the 5th and Galactus' old universe being the 4th.
I thought it was 8th?
>>
what is DC new "Rebirth" thing that they are doing?
>>
Are best bros Thor and incursions Hyperion brought back?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.